PDA

View Full Version : New AR mags, any reports yet?

LHS
12-26-2012, 05:53 PM
I almost feel ashamed for asking, but times being what they are...

Mako Group has started importing some new Israeli steel AR mags. They're running a special right now that makes the mags about $17 each, shipped, after discount codes.

http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/earm30%20w.htm

While I harbor no illusions that they will be as good as PMags or good-quality GI mags, I'm wondering if they're worth buying just to have some range mags, since nobody seems to have PMags, Lancers, ARC mags or GI mags in stock right now.

JM Campbell
12-26-2012, 06:34 PM
For training why not. Failure drills.

Never know they might turn out OK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Al T.
12-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Perhaps try three or so and see if they work?

BWT
12-27-2012, 03:58 PM
I bought 4 ithraeli thpeshial forthesh magazineth.

Shipping was only $17.50 for ground. Dude I could've bought a 10 pack of the AR magazines for this two weeks ago.

ETA: I'm going to go lay down and cry somewhere.

Dr. No
12-27-2012, 04:50 PM
From their video:

"The follower is white so that I can look at my magazine and tell that it's empty"

ROTFL

Maybe the fact that you can see the magazine through your ejection port at all is a clue?

Or how about the different felt recoil when shooting?

I'm just sayin'.

JAD
12-27-2012, 09:19 PM
"The follower is white so that I can look at my magazine and tell that it's empty"

'.
As opposed to non-ISF mags, with their troublesome brass-colored follower.

BWT
12-27-2012, 11:10 PM
I've never been a hoarder, I realize if I get in the situation where I can buy more AR Magazines one day again. Especially when I could buy 10 for $80-90... I'll buy 20 right then and there.

ETA: And I suddenly feel so relieved about my steel israeli special forces magazine.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-068

Some people should be stabbed with a hot poker.

archangel
01-03-2013, 10:18 AM
For training why not. Failure drills.

Heh. I've got 5 or 6 mags that I got way back before I knew better that are now my failure drill mags. They appear to be made from some sort of steel / tin-foil hybrid that was surface hardened to about 0.00001" deep. Worked great until that 0.00001" of hardening wore off and the feed lips turned al dente.

Now they work about 60% of the time, if by "work" you mean the let me practice clearing doublefeeds. The other 40% of the time it's triple- and quadruple-feeds. Or God forbid you seat the mag with an open bolt. Then it barfs half its contents out the ejection port. Sometimes it will spontaneously do that before you even get it in the gun. Loading it is kind of like handling a grenade with the pin, and possibly the spoon, out.

BWT
01-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Heh. I've got 5 or 6 mags that I got way back before I knew better that are now my failure drill mags. They appear to be made from some sort of steel / tin-foil hybrid that was surface hardened to about 0.00001" deep. Worked great until that 0.00001" of hardening wore off and the feed lips turned al dente.

Now they work about 60% of the time, if by "work" you mean the let me practice clearing doublefeeds. The other 40% of the time it's triple- and quadruple-feeds. Or God forbid you seat the mag with an open bolt. Then it barfs half its contents out the ejection port. Sometimes it will spontaneously do that before you even get it in the gun. Loading it is kind of like handling a grenade with the pin, and possibly the spoon, out.

I can't wait for mine to arrive in the mail. ;)

EOD_Paul
01-03-2013, 10:41 PM
If you are looking for mags, I would check craigslist near any military base. I know here in bragg, home of "all alcoholics" will sell mags for cheap. Just put up a ad. Its like field of dreams, if you offer cash they will come.

Side note: not all 82nd are douches, I i just seem to meet and or work with all of them.

Sparks2112
01-03-2013, 10:49 PM
If you are looking for mags, I would check craigslist near any military base. I know here in bragg, home of "all alcoholics" will sell mags for cheap. Just put up a ad. Its like field of dreams, if you offer cash they will come.

Side note: not all 82nd are douches, I i just seem to meet and or work with all of them.

Hey I resemble that comment ;)

JM Campbell
01-22-2013, 07:20 AM
http://www.44mag.com/product/d_h_30_ar15_magazine_magpul_follower/223_ar15_magazines

100+ in stock.........$29.95

JM Campbell
02-01-2013, 05:28 PM
GandR has BCM mags

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BCM-30MAG&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26sea rchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html