PDA

View Full Version : Glock triggers: Same parts but different pul?????

jon volk
12-26-2012, 02:42 PM
A few weeks back I picked up a 2012 built G17. The trigger has a pretty crisp break, not much roll to it. The there are no stampings on the connector and the case label was marked as a 5.5lb trigger.

This morning I picked up a very lightly used G17 of 2008 manufacture. Again, no stampings on the connector and the case label is marked for a 5.5lb trigger. THIS trigger is fantastic. It has a nice light rolling feel to it. The gun appeared to be 100% factory and I would be surprised if there was more than one box of ammo run through it.

Did Glock change anything between these years that would account for this? I would love for both guns to have the trigger pull of the 2008 manufactured one.

Both are Gen 3's

jon volk
12-26-2012, 02:44 PM
I will add that the take-up on the 2008 model feels much lighter than the 2012.

JV_
12-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Glock trigger bars vary a good bit. There are more than a few folks who buy a bunch of trigger bars, cherry pick the one they want, and pass off the remaining ones to someone else.

I would also advise you to check the lube on the connectors, lube on outside part of the trigger bar where it touches the frame, as well as the age of the striker springs to further narrow down some differences. The striker spring in my new Gen4 17 felt much stronger than previous ones I've had, I suspect some are a tad on the heavy side.

jon volk
12-26-2012, 04:04 PM
I did the calibrated finger test and the newer striker spring definitely felt stiffer. I swapped slides between the two and the 2012 trigger felt slightly better and likewise the 2008 trigger felt slightly worse so that is part of the story right there. I may try doing a polish job on the 2012 gun and see how it goes from there. Now the real question is which one to make the training gun and which to be the carry piece. :p

Need to order another extended slide release for my stubby thumbs.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/jonvolk/glock-1_zpsb33eaedc.jpg

jon volk
12-30-2012, 11:58 AM
So apparently swapping the trigger assemblies between guns gives them both the nice trigger pull that only the '08 one had. Weird contraptions these things are.