PDA

View Full Version : Match Video! York 3-Man Team 3-Gun Match - April 2011

Chris Rhines
04-05-2011, 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3CmqF5Gzo

This past Sunday, the York IWLA IPSC club hosted a 3-Man Team 3-Gun match. This match includes both relay-format and team-format stages, with each shooter needing to run each gun at least once. It's like a crazy cross between 3-gun, Sportsman's Team Challenge, and the old Second Chance pin matches.

This has become a really popular local match over the past three years, with 42 teams, hailing from as far away as New Jersey and Ontario*. I teamed up with match director Howard Thompson and longtime 3-gun competitor John 'Mig' Migliaccio. We had a pretty good match, and eventually managed to beat out some really tough shooters from Team Lancer and Team Virginia Arms for first place.

I managed to collect video for four of the seven stages. Check it out.

We're going to shoot again at the Topton Team Multigun later this summer, and there will probably be another York match later in the year. If you're in the area, check them out.

JV_
04-05-2011, 08:13 PM
It looks like a lot of fun. The muzzle brake on that AR looks pretty effective.

Kyle Reese
04-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Did Wes Grant build that upper for you? 17" barrel? ;)

turbolag23
04-06-2011, 02:02 PM
looks like fun, that last stage with everyone shooting at the same time looked cool

Chris Rhines
04-06-2011, 03:36 PM
GS - No, that's a BCM SS410 16" upper. My backup rifle actually does have a 17" MSTN barrel at present.

Turbolag - There were three stand-and-deliver stages like that, and I think we won two of them. Great fun.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk