PDA

View Full Version : Glock 30

xray 99
12-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Thoughts on this pistol? Does the stubby barrel compromise reliability?

ADulay
12-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Thoughts on this pistol? Does the stubby barrel compromise reliability?
Not quite sure how the "stubby barrel" would compromise reliability but my G30 has 6000+ flawless rounds through it with no problems. It is stone stock right down to the trigger.
It's my daily carry, I shoot it weekly in my local IDPA group and I've recently ordered another one as a spare to rotate with.

It shoots softer than my G23 (40S&W) and is more fun to shoot than my G34.

AD

JBP55
12-23-2012, 07:03 AM
And according to Glock the G30 is their most accurate pistol.

GJM
12-23-2012, 08:51 AM
We talking mechanical accuracy, as measured off a rest, or practical accuracy as in what groups you can shoot? The reason I ask is that I find the 29 and 30 (I know different caliber) to be challenging to shoot well because of the shorter grip and sight radius. Also, harder to reload fast.

Fun is subjective, but the 34 is my most "funner" Glock to shoot based on how it feels, the 20 for the potential "fun" it can create, and the 29 for power/weight ratio amongst four leg critters.

JodyH
12-23-2012, 09:15 AM
I owned a 30 for a while.
Never had a malfunction, it was exceptionally accurate and the softest recoiling .45 I've owned (even softer than my USP45 Tactical).
The biggest issue for me is the thing carried like a brick.
It has the same profile as a Glock 19 but that sucker is wide, as in double wide trailer wide.
Switched to a Glock 19 and later a H&K P2000 and never looked back.

GJM
12-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Hey, where is that picture of you with the PPS in a belly band, surrounded by catty girls?

I tried a Galco belly band, and it felt like a girdle (or what I think a girdle would feel like) to me.

JodyH
12-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey, where is that picture of you with the PPS in a belly band, surrounded by catty girls?

I tried a Galco belly band, and it felt like a girdle (or what I think a girdle would feel like) to me.
Open bar... I became the designated drunk and my wife became the designated shooter.

Initially I was putting on the BB too tight and was getting that corset feeling.
Try it where it's just snug and let your pants/belt do the heavy lifting.