PDA

View Full Version : Sadly I live here.

iakdrago
12-20-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm glad to know that my tax money is being put to good use. I'm glad that my tax money is paying this @ssholes salary.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/video/#!/investigations/Radnor-Cops-to-Melt-Down-Machine-Guns/184047111

Short summary: my police department is melting down their MP40's, because the chief does not want them to get into the wrong hands. And get this--he says that there is no need for police to have them.

Step 1 disarm the public, step 2 disarm the police, step 3 cry as how this could ever happen in our society.

Kyle Reese
12-20-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm glad to know that my tax money is being put to good use. I'm glad that my tax money is paying this @ssholes salary.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/video/#!/investigations/Radnor-Cops-to-Melt-Down-Machine-Guns/184047111

Short summary: my police department is melting down their MP40's, because the chief does not want them to get into the wrong hands. And get this--he says that there is no need for police to have them.

Step 1 disarm the public, step 2 disarm the police, step 3 cry as how this could ever happen in our society.

I wonder if the good chief would turn down free USGI supplied DRMO M-16's?

Guinnessman
12-20-2012, 09:22 AM

The people on the East side of our state need their heads checked. Idiots.

dbateman
12-20-2012, 09:45 AM
WOW

What a waste of some nice gun's.

Just because you cant see a need for them doesn't mean that they will never be needed.

Preaching to the choir here but hey.

TGS
12-20-2012, 12:28 PM
"If we would need it, that's when we would call the State Police or County SWAT....."

Obviously, this police chief has never been through any active shooter program, and is missing the point.

TR675
12-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Interesting thinking.

Also, "Harry Hairston" is THE best name for a local TV journalist.

LOKNLOD
12-20-2012, 01:16 PM
"If we would need it, that's when we would call the State Police or County SWAT....."

Obviously, this police chief has never been through any active shooter program, and is missing the point.

At the very least, he could try to give/sell them to the state police or county SWAT, rather than throwing a big wad of taxpayer cash in a blast furnace.

TR675
12-20-2012, 04:27 PM
I just can't wrap my head around this type of reasoning. It's like a citizen who doesn't need to own a gun because if something bad happens, they can just call the police.

Maybe this gent and the Board of Commissioners' sole lifetime experience is living and policing in a small town with 30 second average response times to the one annual 911 call about a cat in a tree, but I still find that hard to believe. I wonder what county SWAT's response time is.

At least they aren't being hypocritical. There is something refreshing about a "citizens shouldn't have these so neither should we argument" from the government. Actually, we may want to encourage this...

SeriousStudent
12-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Philly has oodles of cash, right? Great big buckets of money, so they can afford to just piss, er, melt it away?

Kyle Reese
12-21-2012, 07:09 AM
Philly has oodles of cash, right? Great big buckets of money, so they can afford to just piss, er, melt it away?
It's easy to waste other peoples money.:banghead:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Ben B.
12-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Well, at least all the future active shooters know where to go.

SouthNarc
12-21-2012, 09:23 AM
This reaffirms why I retired. It's always douchebags like that who end up running agencies.

Mr_White
12-21-2012, 11:41 AM
This reaffirms why I retired. It's always douchebags like that who end up running agencies.

Now you run your own 'agency' though. And you are very productive and your students are better for it. :)

cclaxton
12-21-2012, 11:45 AM
This looks like a political stunt.
CC

Tamara
12-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Short summary: my police department is melting down their MP40's...

I panicked for a second, but then clicked the link and found that they were just UMP40s.

Meh. No great loss; H&K'll make more.

(I was wondering what a suburban police department was doing with a bunch of open-bolt WWII relics for a second, there...:p)

DocGKR
12-21-2012, 01:19 PM

"At the very least, he could try to give/sell them to the state police or county SWAT, rather than throwing a big wad of taxpayer cash in a blast furnace."

Concur...if the Chief feels this way, he should offer the weapons to the State Police or County SWAT teams, instead of destroying expensive public property--although as Tam notes, they are UMP40's, so no great loss.

MadMax17
12-22-2012, 12:51 PM
I panicked for a second, but then clicked the link and found that they were just UMP40s.

Meh. No great loss; H&K'll make more.

(I was wondering what a suburban police department was doing with a bunch of open-bolt WWII relics for a second, there...:p)

Haha I was thinking the same thing! I was like "Noooo! I'll take them!!" That was the main reason I watched the video, lol