PDA

View Full Version : Guilt...

Sal Picante
12-18-2012, 01:55 PM
It is impossible to be unaffected by the tragedy in Newtown, CT... My thoughts and prayers are with those parents and children grieving for their lost ones.

While I am heartbroken over this tragedy, I want to share something important with you - chances are if you're reading this, you're a fellow competitor or one of the responsible one out there seeking solid training:

Since the tragedy, we've seen 3-Gun Nation canceled by NBC Sports, Cerberus capitol spin off firearm manufacturer The Freedom Group, the NRA bury their head in the sand after folks have accused them of being complicit in the tragedy, and an unceasing media tirade against the 2nd Amendment and gun owners in general.

Personally, I've been questioned by family, some friends, co-workers and acquaintances, all of them asking why I engage in "barbaric activities", using "high-capacity clips" and "assault weapons". Most of them implying that I should feel guilt, or worse, remorse, for the acts of a lunatic.

Whatever the political outcome of this tragedy, whether our sport continues in the face of a sincere but probably flawed political action, I want to let you know that I am not ashamed.

Most importantly, I don't want you to be either.

We are mature, responsible people from all walks of life connected by a shared interest in an astoundingly difficult pastime. We gather, support each other, and push each other to be more responsible, sharper, better.

Walk tall.

Do not accept guilt that doesn't belong to you.

Do not express remorse for an action that you didn't commit.

Instead, be the best: responsible, mature, and safe.

Suvorov
12-18-2012, 02:14 PM
If I am to assume guilt for all the murders committed by deranged individuals with firearms, then "they" need to assume the guilt for all the murders committed by governments that had the monopoly on arms as well as everyone else that died because they were denied the ability to defend themselves.

Zhurdan
12-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Responsible gun owners hurt no one. I've hurt no one. I have no guilt.

Having said that, I have seeming lost some "so called" friends over my unwillingness to shed my barbaric ways. They do not understand, mainly because they do not shoot. They do not understand, mainly because they have no respect for firearms. They do not understand, because they are afraid. They do not understand, because it is not comfortable for them to stand out of line with the rest of their friends.

Don't need 'em, don't want 'em, don't miss 'em.

I have no guilt. I do have an immense amount of sorrow. Both for the children who died, their families and for those who are too afraid to confront the real issue at heart. Much sorrow.

JM Campbell
12-18-2012, 03:22 PM

Having said that, I have seeming lost some "so called" friends over my unwillingness to shed my barbaric ways. They do not understand, mainly because they do not shoot. They do not understand, mainly because they have no respect for firearms. They do not understand, because they are afraid. They do not understand, because it is not comfortable for them to stand out of line with the rest of their friends.

I have no guilt. I do have an immense amount of sorrow. Both for the children who died, their families and for those who are too afraid to confront the real issue at heart. Much sorrow.

Amen! To the OP I'm with you buddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Sal Picante
12-18-2012, 03:22 PM

Right on, man!

WDW
12-18-2012, 03:24 PM
If I had friends that implied I was in some way responsible or contributed to the actions of a murderer just because I own & enjoy firearms, I would end that friendship very quickly & not lose one millisecond of sleep over it.