PDA

View Full Version : The marketplace reacts to the news...

Tamara
12-16-2012, 09:11 AM
There wasn't a bolt carrier group worth buying for sale anywhere I went on the internets this morning.

That was fast.

Argus
12-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Yup. 9mm ammo prices at the LGS jumped $2 per box since Thursday

YVK
12-16-2012, 10:05 AM
My LGS did more sales on either Friday or Saturday than on post-election day or Black Friday.

Kyle Reese
12-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Glad I picked up my Glock 17 Gen 4 on Tuesday...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Sparks2112
12-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Two hour line to get in the show Saturday. The fire marshal was at the entrance to the convention center counting people entering and exiting. Crazy.

JodyH
12-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Academy Sports in Lubbock, Texas had cases of ammo and the gun counter only had two or three people in line.
I picked up a few hundred rounds of 9mm and was in and out in 10 minutes.

Tamara
12-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Academy Sports in Lubbock, Texas had cases of ammo and the gun counter only had two or three people in line.

Where were the other four people in Lubbock Co.?

(I'm just kidding, of course. I know Lubbock is the eighty-third largest city in the US.)

TCinVA
12-16-2012, 11:04 AM
There wasn't a bolt carrier group worth buying for sale anywhere I went on the internets this morning.

That was fast.

A friend of mine was looking at stuff before the news broke...and then after ObAmas speech he went on duty that night stuff he was looking at was gone.

People are scared. Given the tide of society, I don't blame them.

We managed to snag some ammo at sane prices by raiding walmmart at two in the morning. Even then, we were taking ammo out of the back because the display case was almost empty.

jon volk
12-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Yup, SG Ammo is damn near out of cheap bulk 9mm.

Gladly Brownell's still has 3 packs of G17 mags in stock. :cool:

NETim
12-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Glad I picked up my Glock 17 Gen 4 on Tuesday...

Picked up my G19 on Monday. More based on some training revelations than anything BUT it's always in the back of my mind that we're just one school shooting away from more .gov on any given day. Then too, money isn't worth as much as cold steel is these days. Why save?

Pennzoil
12-16-2012, 01:48 PM
I restocked on 9mm 124 aguila from SG Ammo this week. I allowed my ammo stores to get lower then I like.

VolGrad
12-16-2012, 05:42 PM
My phone was blowing up all day yesterday with calls and texts from fiends around the country asking me, "What do I need to buy while I still can?"

My cousin went to our LGS at NOON and they told him they had already sold 40 ARs since they opened at 10. Of course, by the time he chose which Colt he wanted that number had doubled.

YVK
12-16-2012, 06:56 PM
I restocked on 9mm 124 aguila from SG Ammo this week. I allowed my ammo stores to get lower then I like.

I thought of doing the same, and it is all gone.

Ed L
12-16-2012, 10:01 PM

A friend was looking for BCGs at least a week before the shooting took place and was unable to find any then.

Edited to add: The above is academic, because even if they were in stock a week ago I can certainly see them being sold out now.

JConn
12-17-2012, 08:58 AM
A friend was looking for BCGs at least a week before the shooting took place and was unable to find any then.

Edited to add: The above is academic, because even if they were in stock a week ago I can certainly see them being sold out now.

I was looking a month ago and all the quality bcgs were sold out.

JV_
12-17-2012, 09:07 AM
I was looking a month ago and all the quality bcgs were sold out.

A lot of parts/items weren't that available 30-60 days out from the election.

Tamara
12-17-2012, 09:19 AM
A lot of parts/items weren't that available 30-60 days out from the election.

...and now the turbo has kicked in. Great. :rolleyes:

JM Campbell
12-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Well I bought a 6920 last night, it is my first and hopefully not last. Was it a panic buy? Yes and no. I have been looking and wanting one for awhile and picked up a 6920MOE for $1099, so I think I did pretty good. I still have a few things I want to buy and availability was becoming a issue (in stock items).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

TGS
12-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Well I bought a 6920 last night, it is my first and hopefully not last. Was it a panic buy? Yes and no. I have been looking and wanting one for awhile and picked up a 6920MOE for $1099, so I think I did pretty good. I still have a few things I want to buy and availability was becoming a issue (in stock items).

Congrats on the new buy. I'm picking up my new lower from the gunsmith (had to pin the stock: NJ ban) tomorrow.

I bought 1000 rounds of Prvi 75gr BTHP and 200 rounds of Hornady 75gr TAP from SGammo a couple weeks ago. They had 37 cases at that time, and are down to 11 now. I'm debating whether or not to buy another case to hold me over through whatever ammo shortages lie ahead.....I haven't even shot it through my new AR yet, so I don't know if it's going to be superb or not in my rifle (many people have found it is sub-2MOA in my same rifle; BCM 14.5"). But, I've got over 4500 rounds of .22 that I can sustain myself with if I run low on 223/5.56 and can't find more. In addition, my other shooting caliber (7.5 Swiss) isn't really susceptible to panic buying like 9mm, 223, 308, ect and I already have 600+ rounds of that.

Decisions, decisions.....

JM Campbell
12-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I picked up 200rd of 62gr Tap urban from SG they where out of the rest. I need to get practice rounds local though. I'm crossing my fingers, I should have been squirrel holing 556 months ago but focused on pistols. My mistake I should have diversified my gun portfolio :D

TAZ
12-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Hoping that the Colt LE901 my local cop shot has on order arrives and the price stays as quoted.

Haven't looked at ammo lately.

TGS
12-17-2012, 02:39 PM
I should have diversified my gun portfolio :D

Cue internet memes of Wu-Tang Financial.....

Kyle Reese
12-17-2012, 03:48 PM
I ordered ten of the new M3 PMAGs this morning.

Archimagirus
12-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Hoping that the Colt LE901 my local cop shot has on order arrives and the price stays as quoted.

Haven't looked at ammo lately.

Picking up my 901 tomorrow.

YVK
12-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Just to illustrate how rush can cause irrational decisions:

I placed a .308 mag order today, and after that I realized that I just spent 500 bucks on mags I have no rifle for, and - possibly - may never be able to get one. It is also fair to assume that if I - possibly - may never be able to get said rifle, I won't be able to sell said mags.

I think we all need to chill and slow down a bit.

JM Campbell
12-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Codisimo needs them:D

TGS
12-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Just to illustrate how rush can cause irrational decisions:

I placed a .308 mag order today, and after that I realized that I just spent 500 bucks on mags I have no rifle for, and - possibly - may never be able to get one. It is also fair to assume that if I - possibly - may never be able to get said rifle, I won't be able to sell said mags.

I think we all need to chill and slow down a bit.

What's holding you up on the rifle?

YVK
12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
What's holding you up on the rifle?

Larue Tactical PredatOBR 7.62 is the rifle in question; it's been on their website for some time, but factually is not available and no date has been announced. I sent them an inquiry, but I don't think any time soon. They are interested in releasing this to the market more than anybody else, so I doubt they'd be keeping the suspense up if they were sure themselves.

MDS
12-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I wasn't going to panic buy, spoke to my wife about it last night. "I'm good, worst case the awb comes back and I learn to fight with the bolt guns. After all, I've spent quite a bit on guns recently, and I'm not ready to actually make much use of a carbine."

"Hmm," she says, in a sultry voice. (In my memory, it was sultry.) "I can see how buying maybe one nice AR wouldn't be paranoid."

That was last night. Today, I have a shiny new DDM4V1. :D

Sparks2112
12-17-2012, 09:22 PM
I sold every single Daniel Defense 5.56 we had in stock today and all but 1 of our non NFA KAC 5.56's. we are out of Pmags and I started the day with about 80... :-/

Kyle Reese
12-17-2012, 09:23 PM
I sold every single Daniel Defense 5.56 we had in stock today and all but 1 of our non NFA KAC 5.56's. we are out of Pmags and I started the day with about 80... :-/

Betcha the KAC sells tomorrow.

Tamara
12-17-2012, 09:26 PM
"Hmm," she says, in a sultry voice. (In my memory, it was sultry.)

Heh.

That's just an adult rationalization thing. I was sitting there wondering aloud if I should maybe get an upper for the completed lower I had and when my roommate said "Yeah, that might not be such a bad idea..." I felt like I was weapons-free at the BCM web page. All it takes is another grownup (x2 if they're on the same household budget) saying "Good thinking!" and we're off to the races. ;)

MDS
12-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Heh.

That's just an adult rationalization thing. I was sitting there wondering aloud if I should maybe get an upper for the completed lower I had and when my roommate said "Yeah, that might not be such a bad idea..." I felt like I was weapons-free at the BCM web page. All it takes is another grownup (x2 if they're on the same household budget) saying "Good thinking!" and we're off to the races. ;)

Maybe that's how it is with your roomie. When my wife tells me a nice new AR is "Good thinking!" that's up there with a candle-lit trail of unmentionables leading to a Crisco-steeped slip-and-slide under the stars.

TGS
12-17-2012, 10:04 PM
I wasn't going to panic buy, spoke to my wife about it last night. "I'm good, worst case the awb comes back and I learn to fight with the bolt guns. After all, I've spent quite a bit on guns recently, and I'm not ready to actually make much use of a carbine."

"Hmm," she says, in a sultry voice. (In my memory, it was sultry.) "I can see how buying maybe one nice AR wouldn't be paranoid."

BEST WIFE EVAR!!!1

a candle-lit trail of unmentionables leading to a Crisco-steeped slip-and-slide under the stars.

Keep working towards it. One step at a time, buddy.

MDS
12-17-2012, 10:07 PM

While I was buying my DD today, they sold a bunch of crap, and 2 6920's to a couple of guys to whom I gave advice (they came in for Bushy's, so it was an upgrade, though one guy went for the Colt with FDE MOE furniture and the most blingy gold-tinged receiver and lower) - as well as a dude that settled on a SCAR..then said, "WTH, I'll take 2"... then said, "You know what, I'll take all three." That's $10K for three guns about which the most intelligent thing I overheard was "That's some military-grade shit, bro!"

I spoke about training, but the closest intro carbine classes I'm comfortable recommending are 4 hours away...

Kyle Reese
12-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Wow- 10k at the gun store? Was this guy's name G-Money? :D

I'm going to the gun shop in the AM - hoping to score an additional Gen 4 Glock 17.

Tamara
12-17-2012, 10:22 PM
- as well as a dude that settled on a SCAR..then said, "WTH, I'll take 2"... then said, "You know what, I'll take all three." That's $10K for three guns about which the most intelligent thing I overheard was "That's some military-grade shit, bro!"

See, that's what starts class warfare, right there. ;)

Mitchell, Esq.
12-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Damn engine light on my car...

Do I really need to get to work anyways?

JConn
12-17-2012, 10:41 PM

Do I really need to get to work anyways?

I know the feeling. I wish I had more to spend right now. As is I think I've already spent too much.

Chris Rhines
12-17-2012, 10:50 PM

Do I really need to get to work anyways? Yeah, I need new tires before any more gun purchases. Good thing I stocked up on ammo and reloading supplies this fall.

SeriousStudent
12-17-2012, 10:53 PM

You, sir, are blessed. May I suggest the purchase of roses and a nice card? A fine lady deserves nice things.

Oh, neat carbine, too.

YVK
12-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm going to the gun shop in the AM - hoping to score an additional Gen 4 Glock 17.

Are you concerned that pistols themselves would be banned?

Kyle Reese
12-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Are you concerned that pistols themselves would be banned?

No. It's an excellent excuse to buy a spare Glock. :D

John Ralston
12-18-2012, 10:55 AM
I love how all these Pro-Gun, Republican Senators have now "seen the light" and are now against semi-auto rifles (of course the Libs and Media call them Assault Rifles). They are going to burn for trampling our rights.

We need to remind all these Reps and Senators what happened after 2004...even the Speaker of the House (unfortunately WA's own Tom Foley) was voted out of office after allowing the Ban to pass.

It is interesting how the libs argue about gun violence, yet there are fewer cars in the US then there are guns and cars kill 36,000+ people each year. When are they going to see that banning cars will stop this travesty and ease the US reliance on foreign oil?

JM Campbell
12-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Because that's too smart John.....

Suvorov
12-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Amazing how just a couple weeks ago, even us in the Gun community were saying how any chance of another AWB was just a pipe dream in Feinsteins stained man-panites. How a republican congress and a senate headed by a "pro-gun" democrat would stop any such silliness. Now the NRA is silent, our heads our down, many of our so-called friends in government are saying they will support a new AWB and Shumer and Feinstein are once again darlings of the press.

It is a testament to how sufficiently brutal and savage force can change the political landscape in an instant (and almost always for the worse).

I had picked up another lower a couple weeks ago, but I'll admit to making next years ammo purchase after the terrible news as if to beat the craziness that is bound to follow.

Even if there is not a lot of big changes at the National Level, I know that there will be more anti-gun BS here in Kalifornia next year than I'll be able to keep up with.

BWT
12-18-2012, 12:49 PM
All, I have to say is this.

How many legislations have we seen banning ammo?

Why can't I find *anything*.

LittleLebowski
12-18-2012, 01:00 PM

Are you that guy that says "at least it's not raining" while camping ;)

JM Campbell
12-18-2012, 01:00 PM

Shhhhhhhhhh! No ideas.

LittleLebowski
12-18-2012, 01:10 PM
$60 PMags. Noted, CTD. Your freedom to gouge and my freedom to remember.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-074

Suvorov
12-18-2012, 01:12 PM

Um, here in Kalifornia, the ban of internet sales of ammo has been passed twice. First time declared unconstitutional for being too vague, the second time veto'd by Jerry Brown.

They already know....

TGS
12-18-2012, 01:24 PM
So, I went to go pick up my new Rainier Arms lower (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2746) today. Unfortunately, the state is so backed up with NICS calls that they're not even taking calls.....instead, they're making the FFLs fax in their NICS requests. But, apparently their fax machine is so busy that no one can get a NICS request in.

I wonder how long this will take...I'm going through a local, very small business gunsmith. I should go check out the gun stores around me and see if their shelves are empty. However, I can't say people voting with their money is necessarily a bad thing right now.

Um, here in Kalifornia, the ban of internet sales of ammo has been passed twice. First time declared unconstitutional for being too vague, the second time veto'd by Jerry Brown.

They already know....

Here in NJ they tried to restrict ammo sales, but the law (requires a Firearms Purchasers ID card to buy ammo here, and everything must be recorded) was too vague to actually impact online ammo sales due to interstate commerce clauses when it was looked at seriously.

So yeah, I wouldn't act as if people are making stuff up.

Mitchell, Esq.
12-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I need new tires before any more gun purchases. Good thing I stocked up on ammo and reloading supplies this fall.

.22lr kits are nice to have...I stockpile 9mm jhp and .22lr for the most part.

Centerfire I buy/shoot as I need it for the most part.

$ is tight, so dryfire/dry drills are king for me. But..I'm going to up my 5.56 buying.

Suvorov
12-18-2012, 01:59 PM
However, I can't say people voting with their money is necessarily a bad thing right now.

As long as they don't turn into the "I got mine now, so they can pass whatever they want" crowd.

John Ralston
12-18-2012, 02:33 PM

Apparently dirt is really expensive where they are at! Brownells still has 20 rounders...everything else is gone.

Argus
12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Apparently dirt is really expensive where they are at! Brownells still has 20 rounders...everything else is gone.

I ordered a 10-pack of thirty rounders this morning while they still showed in stock at Brownells. Will be interesting to see if they can actually fill the order. I hate to participate in the panic, but had been contemplating adding some more PMags anyway. Also, our "friends" in the GOP House aren't exactly standing strong...

Shawn.L
12-18-2012, 02:57 PM
When Obama got elected I sold every old SKS, AK with canted sights, and nonsense gun I had at twice what I paid.
Man, I wish I had a safe full of crappy PSA el'cheapo lowers right about now :rolleyes:

I figured when O got reelected I had a years worth of ammo on hand, and all the guns and mags I really need for what I do with them and I wasnt buying anything else until next spring. That hasnt changed. The only part of my plan thats changed now is I will shoot more .22, dry fire more, and try to reduce my centerfire ammo usage until I see availability and prices begin to return.

pr1042
12-18-2012, 03:17 PM
When Obama got elected I sold every old SKS, AK with canted sights, and nonsense gun I had at twice what I paid.
Man, I wish I had a safe full of crappy PSA el'cheapo lowers right about now :rolleyes:

6 months ago, i had a chance to buy an unlimited number of PSA lowers at 58 apiece including shipping and FFL. Instead, I chose to buy none :(

TGS
12-18-2012, 07:52 PM

I'm wondering what your inventory looks like after today.....

JV_
12-18-2012, 07:59 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/28011_10151296363614324_1502103153_n.jpg

Kyle Reese
12-18-2012, 08:03 PM
I wonder how many other online vendors will sell us out? Remember them and boycott em.

MikeyC
12-18-2012, 08:04 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/28011_10151296363614324_1502103153_n.jpg

Yeah, that one is going over like a fart in church

Tamara
12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
I wonder how many other online vendors will sell us out? Remember them and boycott em.

Ironically, backchannel chatter indicates that CTD's decision has more to do with their middleman business model (not wanting to hold cash for guns that may wind up backordered for months) than anything else.

However, gun nuts are sensitive to sellouts and their poorly-worded punk-out may wind up putting them out of business unless the do some ninja-like spin control between now and tomorrow.

LittleLebowski
12-18-2012, 08:15 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322568374

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

TGS
12-18-2012, 08:29 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322568374

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Wow.

That's even more of a markup than CTD's $800 case of M855 ammo. The fact that lower is an auction and got to $600 is pretty crazy.

I mean, hey, I'm all about getting a little bit "just in case," but to pay $600 for a stripped lower is nuts. Kinda like the HK MR556 rifles that are auctioning for over $5k just because the last production run has sold out and the next production run hasn't arrived.

pr1042
12-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Stripped lowers for 100

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/shop/ar15-stripped-lower-receiver

SeriousStudent
12-18-2012, 11:20 PM
I am honestly unsurprised about CTD. Locally in Texas, we often refer to them as "Cheaters and Turds" or "Chiselers and Dirtbags". I've been in both stores, and you'll rarely see a larger collection of Tapco, NC Star, and assorted ilk.

I've seen less Chinese crap in a Hong Kong outhouse.

MDS
12-19-2012, 01:18 AM
I've seen less Chinese crap in a Hong Kong outhouse.

I Lold. But this is one of those lines I have to use. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a month or six, the perfect opening will present itself. A stupid grin will steal onto my face as I drop the line, and my friends will groan and look at me and say, "How long have you been waiting to use that?"

It'll be epic.

BigT
12-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Interestingly Brownells have stopped exporting hi cap mags

JM Campbell
12-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Stripped lowers for 100

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/shop/ar15-stripped-lower-receiver

All gone.

Chuck Haggard
12-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Interestingly Brownells have stopped exporting hi cap mags

Are you talking out of the US? That's not their decision. Pretty sure that sort of thing falls under ITAR or whatever it's called.

Cookie Monster
12-19-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm behind the curve in the panic buying.

My looking finds no more 20 or 30 round magazines on the internet.

Crazy, I'm in no place to be dropping cash so I am hoping things settle out but realistically lots of dry practice with the lever guns.

Cheers,
Cookie Monster

BigT
12-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Are you talking out of the US? That's not their decision. Pretty sure that sort of thing falls under ITAR or whatever it's called.Previously they wouldn't because of ITAR then for about a year or so they've been shipping them. I believe something in ITAR loosened up. Tried again 2 days ago and they're back on the restricted list. Could be confidence.Just to clarify I am not attempting to paint Brownells in a bad light, I spend fortunes there and will continue to do so.

Ray Keith
12-19-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm behind the curve in the panic buying.

My looking finds no more 20 or 30 round magazines on the internet.

Crazy, I'm in no place to be dropping cash so I am hoping things settle out but realistically lots of dry practice with the lever guns.

Cheers,
Cookie Monster

Brownells had 30 round metal AR mags yesterday around 2pm, haven't looked today.

Still showing in stock as of 11:30 CT

BWT
12-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Are you that guy that says "at least it's not raining" while camping ;)

I am. :D

That being said... just ordered a BCM 12'' AR SBR. It's the last gun I want to buy.

I've been on the fence for 3 years, it was available and I thought... You know, I'm in love, the next 6 to 12 months, I might be getting engaged.

Let's get this NFA process over with.

TGS
12-19-2012, 03:36 PM
It's the last gun I want to buy.

I swear, honey, just this one last time....

Just one more hit.....

I can quit anytime I want......

Says an addict. ;)

Tamara
12-19-2012, 03:59 PM
I swear, honey, just this one last time....

Just one more hit.....

I can quit anytime I want......

Says an addict. ;)
Just got an upper receiver group from Bravo Company today, so I'm finished...

Wait...

What is this thing I just found on the gun-cleaning table in the basement? Is this a... Oh! It's a chewed-up-looking RRA lower I got from Shootin' Buddy a couple years ago! Guess I need another LRPK...

EricP
12-19-2012, 05:05 PM

Anybody remember their Blazer .380 FMJ at $69.97/box of 50 in 2009?

Odin Bravo One
12-19-2012, 05:21 PM
PMags, HK Mags, and various calibers of range fodder for sale!!!!

I will match any current prices -5%, + shipping.

I also have AR, Glock, Sig, Hk parts.

More than happy to sell the moron panic preppers over priced accessories.

In all seriousness, if this panic trend continues much longer, I may actually jump into the fray, and start selling my stash, and collection. I have plenty of AR's, and can spare a few in the name of making dumb people pay dumb prices, and sending my kid to college. I don't consider it gouging one bit. Capitalism, supply and demand, fueled by morons.

300 or 400% profit by preying on those dumb enough to pay it? I feel no remorse for selling idiots merchandise they want.

JV_
12-19-2012, 05:28 PM
300 or 400% profit by preying on those dumb enough to pay it? I feel no remorse for selling idiots merchandise they want.I thought about putting an AR on gunbroker.

CCT125US
12-19-2012, 05:33 PM
I may have to sell some P30 mags.... please have your CC ready, operators are standing by.

John Ralston
12-19-2012, 05:59 PM
I am holding your leather hostage until they show up :cool:

TCinVA
12-19-2012, 06:18 PM
A buddy and I visited various gun stores today. If you want a black rifle or a 9mm Glock, it's pretty much the gunpocalypse.

The best dealer in my area buys in bulk from RSR. He says that on Monday morning they had over 200,000 pmags in stock. By Tuesday morning they had sold all of them.

The local Walmart manager said that after Christmas there will be no more AR rifles or similar at Wallyworld.

CCT125US
12-19-2012, 06:21 PM
I am holding your leather hostage until they show up :cool:

Special sale price of $188 per mag:cool:

John Ralston
12-19-2012, 06:23 PM
What is this thing I just found on the gun-cleaning table in the basement? Is this a... Oh! It's a chewed-up-looking RRA lower I got from Shootin' Buddy a couple years ago! Guess I need another LRPK...

I could use 3 or 4 LPK's, so if you find any, let me know!

John Ralston
12-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Special sale price of $188 per mag:cool:

Hell, Cheaper than Dirt was less than that!

Ben B.
12-20-2012, 01:58 AM
Check this dude... http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=96610

Sparks2112
12-20-2012, 04:51 PM
We have 5 semi auto center fire rifles left not counting NFA stuff. I have never seen anything like this.

JM Campbell
12-20-2012, 05:08 PM
I wonder if the government will see this as a sign. What is the wait time on NICS and has it been overloaded yet?

TGS
12-20-2012, 06:10 PM
I wonder if the government will see this as a sign. What is the wait time on NICS and has it been overloaded yet?

It has been over here in NJ, as the NICS check goes through the state police.

I went to go pick up an AR15 lower on Tuesday, but the NICS requests were so backed up that the state wasn't even taking the calls for them. Instead, they were telling FFLs to fax in the NICS request. However, the lines were so busy that getting a fax through was impossible. My FFL got it through at 11:45pm Tuesday night, and got a response back from the state 6pm Wednesday. However he wasn't around to take the phone call, so he had to call back today to get the authorization number. I get to pick up my lower tomorrow.

Chemsoldier
12-20-2012, 06:11 PM
The biggest gun store here in Colorado Springs is sold out of all ARs except .308s and some VERY high end .223s (and they could be gone by now for all I know) and this store was already stupid expensive.

Sparks2112
12-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Nics checks are taking 35 to 90 minutes depending on whether or not something gets further reviewed. Sold our 5600$ sr25 ecc today. It's nuts

Tamara
12-20-2012, 07:29 PM
I've slung guns across the glass for the enactment of AWB '94 and its repeal, on 9/11, and during the "Y2K" panic. Folks I've talked to say they haven't seen the like since 12/31/99. (When we closed the store that day, there wasn't a single round of ammo in a service caliber, 12ga shotshell, or self-loading rifle left on the shelf.)

CCT125US
12-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Am I the only one thinking there are going to be some smoking hot deals in 4 years?

Kyle Reese
12-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Am I the only one thinking there are going to be some smoking hot deals in 4 years?

More like four months (as soon as people can't pay their 10 k credit card bill).

Chemsoldier
12-20-2012, 08:24 PM
I was shocked that while the obvious was selling fast, additionally 1911s (single stacks) and revolvers were going like hotcakes also. Hunting ammo, shotguns, .22s.

John Ralston
12-20-2012, 08:26 PM
More like four months (as soon as people can't pay their 10 k credit card bill).

I only did $350...luckily I had more lowers than I remembered.

Kyle Reese
12-20-2012, 08:49 PM
I only did $350...luckily I had more lowers than I remembered.

I found a spare 6920 and Daniel Defense M4 in my collection, so I'm good there.

Matt O
12-20-2012, 09:20 PM

I wish I was able to "find" an extra AR or two in my collection. Mine is looking particularly lonely...

JV_
12-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I wish I was able to "find" an extra AR or two in my collection. Mine is looking particularly lonely...

PM me. A store in my area had a ton on the shelf. At least two dozen AR-15s, and some lowers.

TGS
12-21-2012, 12:08 AM

For real, how do you FIND a 6920 and DDM4?

How many do you have that you actually forget about these fine weapons stashed away!? :p

NickA
12-21-2012, 08:55 AM

How many do you have that you actually forget about these fine weapons stashed away!? :p

No joke. I've got a buddy like that, but he's been in the gun business his whole life. Amazing the guns he "finds" that he didn't even know he had.

LittleLebowski
12-21-2012, 09:02 AM
I just found a Barrett M82 in my closet with a Nightforce 5.5-22x on it. Is anyone missing one like this? I suppose I'll just donate it to charity.

Tamara
12-21-2012, 09:47 AM
If anyone finds a flippin' BCG, let me know. I'll be your best friend!

BaiHu
12-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Try this on for size ;)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/sales-of-kids-bullet-proof-backpacks-soar/2012/12/20/6cba668a-4a1e-11e2-820e-17eefac2f939_story.html

Tamara
12-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Try this on for size ;)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/sales-of-kids-bullet-proof-backpacks-soar/2012/12/20/6cba668a-4a1e-11e2-820e-17eefac2f939_story.html

Too slow (http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-bubble-wrap-generation.html)!

(w00t! Scooped BaiHu! :D )

BaiHu
12-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Too slow (http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-bubble-wrap-generation.html)!

(w00t! Scooped BaiHu! :D )

Damn you Tam and your estrogenical treachery!! ;)

TGS
12-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Went by the gun store again today. That had two SIG556s, an HK94 clone, and.......a Kel-Tec SU16.

I was surprised to see that many EBRs on the shelf still. Especially the Kel-Tec, I figured a bubba would have bought that right away.

Kyle Reese
12-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Went by the gun store again today. That had two SIG556s, an HK94 clone, and.......a Kel-Tec SU16.

I was surprised to see that many EBRs on the shelf still. Especially the Kel-Tec, I figured a bubba would have bought that right away.

I went to a small gun shop in Virginia this morning, and they had several SKS's that were dragged thru the Tapco Catalogue. They also had about 30 Ruger Mini 14's in tactical configuration, and a Barrett M82 type rifle on the wall. I was advised to take a picture, because the Mini-14's were "flying outta here", and there would be no more. I had to hold back the tears after hearing that news, and went to Virginia Arms and bought an M&P 9 JG because I'd never actually seen one in person before.

The shelves were pretty barren in both shops, and both were packed with people buying one or more firearms.

MEH
12-21-2012, 02:26 PM
... went to Virginia Arms and bought an M&P 9 JG because I'd never actually seen one in person before.

If you ever saw my M&Ps when I was shooting M&Ps, they were all JG models. Hope yours shoots more accurately than mine did. Let me know...

Jay Cunningham
12-21-2012, 02:34 PM

It happens.

:p

TGS
12-21-2012, 02:44 PM
I went to a small gun shop in Virginia this morning, and they had several SKS's that were dragged thru the Tapco Catalogue. They also had about 30 Ruger Mini 14's in tactical configuration, and a Barrett M82 type rifle on the wall. I was advised to take a picture, because the Mini-14's were "flying outta here", and there would be no more. I had to hold back the tears after hearing that news, and went to Virginia Arms and bought an M&P 9 JG because I'd never actually seen one in person before.

The shelves were pretty barren in both shops, and both were packed with people buying one or more firearms.

Color me a fool, but I actually have this nagging attraction to the newer 580+ series Mini-14s with a traditional style synthetic stock. They're just ridiculously overpriced compared to any AR, Saiga, Arsenal, VEPR, ect.

M&P 9 JG? Shoulda' went with an Anzio 20mm.

:cool:

Dagga Boy
12-21-2012, 04:39 PM
My goal at the gunshow tomorrow is to trade two Beta mags for a Colt Rail Gun.............this should be good:D

Suvorov
12-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Color me a fool, but I actually have this nagging attraction to the newer 580+ series Mini-14s with a traditional style synthetic stock. They're just ridiculously overpriced compared to any AR, Saiga, Arsenal, VEPR, ect.

M&P 9 JG? Shoulda' went with an Anzio 20mm.

:cool:

I'm a fan of my 580 stainless (albeit one of the earlier ones with the old thin barrel). If I knew I was walking into a firefight, I'd certainly much rather have one of my ARs with me, but I find it a more than acceptable companion to take with me while camping or engaging in other outdoor activities that places me amongst the sheep here in Kalifornia.

If I still lived in Wyoming, I doubt I'd even bother with it, but I think they are a perfect option for anyone in a State run by the grass fed.

Kind of wish I had picked up a second one (but that is just the hoarder in me talking...).

TGS
12-25-2012, 04:03 PM
HK MR556 goes for over $7,000 on gunbroker: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322214298

Hot damn. They only cost just over $2k new when priced normally/in normal supply.

jon volk
12-25-2012, 04:12 PM
^holy batshit crazy

YVK
12-25-2012, 04:21 PM
$465 winning bid for BCM BCG on EBay.

GJM
12-25-2012, 05:32 PM
I listed a bunch of long guns on GunBroker a week ago, and almost everything is gone at what, two weeks ago, would have been called crazy prices.

JHC
12-25-2012, 05:52 PM
$465 winning bid for bcm bcg on ebay.

o m g!!!!

Ben B.
12-25-2012, 06:38 PM
I listed a bunch of long guns on GunBroker a week ago, and almost everything is gone at what, two weeks ago, would have been called crazy prices.

I put a hacked on Glock 19 on there for starting bid of $.01 with no reserve and it was already to $405 before I could edit the description with some HTML to pretty it up, like 90 seconds later.

JHC
12-25-2012, 06:41 PM
This guy has listed a M&P Sport (from the looks of the pictures) for $2300. Two months ago a friend bought one for $550.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/282921-FS-Smith-amp-Wesson-M-amp-P-15

jon volk
12-25-2012, 07:03 PM
This guy has listed a M&P Sport (from the looks of the pictures) for $2300. Two months ago a friend bought one for $550.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/282921-FS-Smith-amp-Wesson-M-amp-P-15

My buddy got 1500 for his sport. Paid $599 7 months ago.

LHS
12-26-2012, 03:43 AM
I found some standard-capacity S&W 5906 mags. I don't even have a 5906 anymore, haven't had one for years. Maybe it's time to start on Gunbroker myself...

Kyle Reese
12-26-2012, 03:45 AM
Picked up several new 25 rd M&P 15-22 mags this weekend at $19 a pop. Don't yet own the rifle, but it never hurts to have spare mags.

Tamara
12-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Back around '04-'06, I made a very conscious decision to change my focus from gun accumulating to gun collecting, and began to divest myself of "flat-black people-poppers".

I kept the custom 1911s, since I carried them, but all the various Glocks and SIGs and HKs and Berettas got turned into more old S&W revolvers. Similarly, I kept a brace or so of AR carbines for practical reasons, but unloaded everything from the old AK underfolder and the custom .223 FAL to the full-pimp HK-91 and the Beretta AR70 in favor of old Mausers, Springfields, Mannlicher-Schoenaurs, and the like.

Now I'm seeing the craziest price bubble I've seen since the Dutch went long on tulip bulbs.

I'm feeling a little sick.

I wonder what that AR70 would fetch on Gunbroker right now?

NETim
12-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Picked up several new 25 rd M&P 15-22 mags this weekend at $19 a pop. Don't yet own the rifle, but it never hurts to have spare mags.

You did well:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322927621

Insane.

Tamara
12-26-2012, 08:09 AM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322927621

Insane.

Indeed.

I'm pissed that I don't have more mags for mine (I have three or four 25-rounders and a couple ten-rounders I bought used for cheap) 'cause I'd be sellin' like a felon.

NickA
12-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Are you guys seeing shortages of pistol caliber ammo? I haven't been looking real hard, but was in a Gander Mountain this weekend and they had plenty of everything that wasn't related to AR's or AK's. I'm not sure if that's because it was in a little podunk town, or their prices being not too great, or if there's just not a shortage (yet).

LittleLebowski
12-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Just waiting on the FAL mag panic.......Come on, baby!

Kyle Reese
12-26-2012, 10:35 AM

I have tons of five round K98 stripper clips. Still no panic buy rush on those, darn it.

Tamara
12-26-2012, 11:00 AM
I have tons of five round K98 stripper clips. Still no panic buy rush on those, darn it.

When Steyr-Mannlicher M95 clips pass $10 each, I'm cashing out and retiring.

SeriousStudent
12-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Are you guys seeing shortages of pistol caliber ammo? .....

Yes. The local Wally World was completely empty on pistol ammo on Monday. I have not looked since. I'm sitting out all the panic buying.

I did get 1200 rounds of PMC Bronze .223 about 3 weeks ago at a good price, along with 1200 rounds of S&B 9mm. In retrospect, that turned out to be a very wise decision. At least I have enough ammo for my Pat McNamara class in a few months, even if prices stay stupid for a while.

As others have mentioned, I am waiting for the post-Christmas credit card bills to arrive. That's when I go shopping for a nice barely-used deer rifle, in February. ;)

LHS
12-26-2012, 11:08 AM
As others have mentioned, I am waiting for the post-Christmas credit card bills to arrive. That's when I go shopping for a nice barely-used deer rifle, in February. ;)

That's when I buy most of my big-ticket items. Pawn shops are great around February :)

SeriousStudent
12-26-2012, 01:52 PM
That's when I buy most of my big-ticket items. Pawn shops are great around February :)

Exactly. A few years back, I picked up a Remington 870 Police Magnum for $250 that way. Blued steel and in great shape. Even the wood was perfect.

I'd love to pick up an 18" model with lots of wear this year, just to have a beater shotgun for the range.

TommyG
12-27-2012, 09:43 AM

Also agree. The sell off after the 2008 Election Panic was a great time to pick up a few items that had been on the list for a while. Here's hoping that we are discussing the flood of reasonably priced ammo, mags and firearms in the market next Christmas.

MDS
12-27-2012, 01:38 PM

This is my plan early next year, to switch to gen4 glox during the sell-off. I'm thinking of putting my bushmaster on gunbroker, to fund a twin for my ddm4v1 in a few months...

SeriousStudent
12-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Was walking the dog tonight, and stopped by Cabela's. They did have 9mm ammo in stock, but had a sign that stated no one could buy more than 10 boxes on anything. They did have some cans of .223. Nothing was "scalped", it was regular price, they just would not let you load up a van full.

The used gun racks looked pretty sparse, too. Only one AR there, if you want to call it that. A DPMS Oracle - bee-arf.

Kyle Reese
12-27-2012, 09:18 PM
When Steyr-Mannlicher M95 clips pass $10 each, I'm cashing out and retiring.

Yep... Sell em like its 1939... or something.:cool:

Jac
12-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Used WASR-10 just went for $1300 on Gunbroker...:eek:

Corvus
12-27-2012, 09:39 PM

I have sold off a couple dozen of those lately on GB. I had 6 of the Steyr ones go for $205 last week. I bought FAL mags at knob creek every time I went for years and still have a pile of them too.

LOKNLOD
12-27-2012, 10:15 PM
I got $5 that says at least some of the auctions with outrageous prices will be seen again listed soon, either because someone was shill bidding their own item and ended up "winning", or because someone was being stupid and will back out. Not to say there isn't plenty of stupid to go around.

Tamara
12-28-2012, 07:13 AM
I have sold off a couple dozen of those lately on GB. I had 6 of the Steyr ones go for $205 last week. I bought FAL mags at knob creek every time I went for years and still have a pile of them too.

This is when I wish I hadn't lived through the last AWB. I've been buying 30-rd AR mags in onesie-twosies every gun show or gun store clearance bin since '04 and stashing them in the attic the way my Depression-Survivor grandma had every doorknob in the house festooned with rubber bands. I can't bring myself to sell any of them, even though I should...

Joe in PNG
12-28-2012, 03:48 PM
In a strange way, I'm kind of glad to be overseas where I can't really buy anything.

John Ralston
12-28-2012, 04:39 PM
This is when I wish I hadn't lived through the last AWB. I've been buying 30-rd AR mags in onesie-twosies every gun show or gun store clearance bin since '04 and stashing them in the attic the way my Depression-Survivor grandma had every doorknob in the house festooned with rubber bands. I can't bring myself to sell any of them, even though I should...

Wish I had done that...

jwperry
12-28-2012, 10:23 PM
I've put up some use pmags on gunbroker; right now I'm cashing in at right at $30 a mag....for used mags.
Good thing I preordered all those gen 3 pmags..