PDA

View Full Version : That was close, robbery missed me by minutes.

JodyH
12-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Crime Stoppers crime of the week is a hotel parking lot armed robbery.
As a man was getting out of his car the evening of Nov. 14th a guy walked up on him with a handgun and robbed him.

My wife and I ate dinner at the steakhouse located inside the hotel that evening (run down hotel, awesome steak place with cool ambiance) and were in the parking lot within 5 minutes of when the robbery took place.
Heck it might have been going down while we were in the parking lot.

Was a good reminder to keep my head on a swivel, work the MUC and be armed because you never know when it's your turn at bat.

WDW
12-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Crime Stoppers crime of the week is a hotel parking lot armed robbery.
As a man was getting out of his car the evening of Nov. 14th a guy walked up on him with a handgun and robbed him.

My wife and I ate dinner at the steakhouse located inside the hotel that evening (run down hotel, awesome steak place with cool ambiance) and were in the parking lot within 5 minutes of when the robbery took place.
Heck it might have been going down while we were in the parking lot.

Was a good reminder to keep my head on a swivel, work the MUC and be armed because you never know when it's your turn at bat.

"Like"

JHC
12-12-2012, 09:20 PM
When I was relocating (job) from TX to ATL (1993); my first night after flying in, I'm driving about 10pm down Holcomb Bridge Road (Roswell) looking for my hotel and decide to pull into a gas station to ask. I pull up to the litte C-store shed and do a double take looking in the window. There's a guy with a "old man" mask sticking a pistol in the clerks face one second and then bolting for the opposite side door the next.

I pulled up in my rental to watch him hauling ass out the back of the parking lot then rush in and check on the clerk who was fine and calling 911. I returned to my rental, got my BHP out of my suitcase and loaded it to wait for LE for statements etc. Missed that one by moments.

Welcome to Atlanta.

JFK
12-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Wow... Is it me or is everything south of Socorro gone crime crazy? Or are we just starting to hear about it in the big city?

dbateman
12-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Glad you missed that one.

One can never be to aware of their surroundings.

One question what is MUC?

RoyGBiv
12-13-2012, 08:24 AM
One question what is MUC?
Managing Unknown Contacts
http://shivworks.com/?p=820