PDA

View Full Version : HK USC mag cap.

P30shtr
04-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Got the itch for a long gun lately. The USC really appeals on many levels.A big one being its a pistol caliber and would be allowed to shoot at my local indoor range (no rifle cartridges) among other things. This would allow much practice/fun time. I know its no 556 or 762 but... Anyhow, to the point of the thread, they come with 10 rnd mags. Seems pretty week. I might as well get a 1911 at that rate. Are there any higher cap. mags to be had. I really like the platform but this could be a deal breaker. Many other long guns with higher cap and close to the same reliability for the money. Almost kinda seems like a range toy, waste youre money on this, no real purpose otherwise. Dont get me wrong, I love H&K and by no means am I trying to bash but...
I'd love an MR but 3 grand, I dont know. Fill me in folks.

I also did the AK thread a while back, just exploring options. Not sure what its gonna be yet. So many damn choices (sighs, shruggs smileys not availabe)

Sorry for the vagueness, I put this up on HKpro first, just copy/pasted here

HK USC-.45acp, semi-auto rifle, 10 rnd mags
MR- HK's MR556, High end/high dollar,piston, AR

jslaker
04-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Almost kinda seems like a range toy, waste youre money on this, no real purpose otherwise.

Personally, I don't see much other use for a pistol-caliber carbine.

As for the MR... meh. For what they cost, you could easily buy a top tier DI AR. Slapping a piston on an AR mostly succeeds in making it even more front heavy while introducing fun issues like carrier tilt.

If you insist on a piston gun, buy something that was actually designed to use a piston.
Again, for what an MR costs you could buy anything from an AUG variant to an ACR to a SCAR to just about anything else on the carbine market and have plenty left over.