PDA

View Full Version : DA trigger "stacking". how to fix?

shootist26
12-07-2012, 03:31 PM
I have a 92 Compact L that exhibits "stacking." Not sure if that's the correct term, but the DA pull weight will increase noticeably during the last few millimeters of trigger travel. The pull weight is consistent just all the way up to that point. None of my other 92s have this issue.

What's the cause of this and what's the fix?

Suvorov
12-07-2012, 05:42 PM
I have a 92 Compact L that exhibits "stacking." Not sure if that's the correct term, but the DA pull weight will increase noticeably during the last few millimeters of trigger travel. The pull weight is consistent just all the way up to that point. None of my other 92s have this issue.

What's the cause of this and what's the fix?

Very odd for a Beretta, I have several (including a Compact) that have never had any stacking issues (unlike my USPs). Almost makes me think something may be mechanically wrong. Have you taken a look at the mainspring? Is something binding?

edmunddavidson
12-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Not sure if that's the correct term, but the DA pull weight will increase noticeably during the last few millimeters of trigger travel.

Merlin was gifted with extraordinary magical powers to break down the ruthless governing in merlin season 4 dvd box set (http://www.superdvdoutlet.ca/goods-1884-Merlin+Season+4+DVD+Boxset-FREE+SHIPPING.html)

TGS
12-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Check to see if the grips are impinging on the external trigger bar.

My MDE has a similar external trigger bar, and I noticed the same thing when my grip screw had loosened just slightly, allowing the grip to shift and impinge on the trigger bar.

John Hearne
12-14-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't know about Berettas but with Sigs, the stacking is caused by the mechanism disengaging the firing pin lock. On a Sig, there are several options. First, if go to the SRT system, the safety lock is engaged earlier so it doesn't stack, it's there the whole time. Bruce Grey also developed a safety lock that is made from titanium and uses a reduced power spring. IIRC, it took 0.5 lbs of the DA pull and reduced stacking.