PDA

View Full Version : The Triple Six

Chris Rhines
04-02-2011, 04:38 PM
If I could only ever shoot one handgun drill, ever again, it would be the Triple Six. Credit goes to Max Michel, of Team SigArms and USAMU fame.

To set up, put a USPSA target out at 7 yards. Starting from surrender position (wrists above shoulders), draw and fire six rounds into the target, as fast as you can get A-zone hits. Note down your time. Then, move back to 15 yards and repeat the string, then once more at 25 yards. Note your time for each string.

To score, add up your time for all three strings, then add 0.2 seconds for each B/C hit, 0.5 seconds for each D hit, and 1.0 seconds for each miss. 13 seconds is a good starting goal. I've managed 9.7 seconds once. Max's best score with an iron-sighted gun is rumored to be in the high fives...

-C

JodyH
04-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I'd have to see a video of 3 draws, 18 rounds, 7-15-25 yards in under 6 seconds.
Especially considering a 12 shot El Pres at 10 yards in under 5 seconds is smokin fast.
That's pretty much the equivalent of 3 x 2 sec. Bill Drills back to back out to 15 and 25 yards.