PDA

View Full Version : S&W Outdoorsman

WDW
12-06-2012, 07:27 PM
I was wondering what a fair price for one of these old N frame .38's would be. It's in about 95% condition w/just a smudge of holster wear near the muzzle & a few light spots on the cylinder, but no rust & still very tight. I was gonna offer $450.

JHC
12-06-2012, 07:30 PM
I think $450 would be a steal. Classic N frames have gone crazy in recent years it seems to me. I would expect it to be priced like $650 or more. Good luck. What an awesome old revolver. Good luck.

WDW
12-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Oh I can definitely get it it for $450. I just wanted to be fair.

Dagga Boy
12-06-2012, 07:52 PM
If you don't, I will. I've been looking for a good deal on one for years.

WDW
12-06-2012, 07:56 PM

Tell ya what, I'll get it & you can enjoy it vicariously through the pics of it I will post on here ;)

Tamara
12-06-2012, 08:00 PM

^^^This.

Unless it's been killed with a buffing wheel on a refinish, $450 is a steal on a solid Outdoorsman.

I was looking at a pre-war .38/44 Heavy Duty the other day that somebody had done an ugly chrome job on, and was thinking that three-and-a-quarter was actually a pretty fair price for a mechanically-solid shooter with a good bore even if somebody had made it look like a bumper. :eek:

Dagga Boy
12-06-2012, 08:01 PM
With Christmas right around the corner, torturing a poor disabled person will not get you on Santa's good list....;) Can I at least have dibs on it?

NETim
12-06-2012, 08:08 PM
YES! Buy it at $450 and don't ever look back!

WDW
12-06-2012, 08:09 PM
^^^This.

Unless it's been killed with a buffing wheel on a refinish, $450 is a steal on a solid Outdoorsman.

I was looking at a pre-war .38/44 Heavy Duty the other day that somebody had done an ugly chrome job on, and was thinking that three-and-a-quarter was actually a pretty fair price for a mechanically-solid shooter with a good bore even if somebody had made it look like a bumper. :eek:

No, it's completely original & not reamed out to .357. I knew the owner. A real S&W afficianado. He had tons of guns, all were S&W revolvers or Sig P series. I think I'll get it because I can't bring myself to shoot my 27's.

JHC
12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Oh I can definitely get it it for $450. I just wanted to be fair.

Frakkin' fair enough! Buy it! ;)

JHC
12-06-2012, 08:16 PM
^^^This.

Was that on Outdoor Trader? I was tempted on an old nickel one there too some weeks back. What cool wheelgun.

Tamara
12-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Was that on Outdoor Trader? I was tempted on an old nickel one there too some weeks back. What cool wheelgun.

At a local show. The guy from whom I bought my S&W .35 Auto has been lugging a couple around and I've done some tentative haggling, but not enough to get me to pull the trigger yet...

JHC
12-06-2012, 08:34 PM
At a local show. The guy from whom I bought my S&W .35 Auto has been lugging a couple around and I've done some tentative haggling, but not enough to get me to pull the trigger yet...

From the pic this one seemed in good shape. Nickel. But post war IIRC. It sat on there for a long time. He (she) may have just tired of it and let it drop.