PDA

View Full Version : service pistol or enhanced service pistol??

rockymtnnut
12-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Placing a extended hk mag release on a hk p2000 will not bump me to enhansed nor will doing Todds lem mod bump me or will it??

1986s4
12-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Sir,
Without consulting the IDPA rule book, I would say no to your question. In my opinion, since they are factory parts, available on other offerings from the same company, you would not be required to move to ESP. There is an IDPA forum which would be a great place to ask the same question.

rockymtnnut
12-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Sir,
Without consulting the IDPA rule book, I would say no to your question. In my opinion, since they are factory parts, available on other offerings from the same company, you would not be required to move to ESP. There is an IDPA forum which would be a great place to ask the same question.

Thank you.

joshs
12-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Placing a extended hk mag release on a hk p2000 will not bump me to enhansed nor will doing Todds lem mod bump me or will it??

The mag release would technically be a disallowed external modification, but the same reasoning that led to the clarification on using extended factory Glock mag releases on all models could apply.

The TLG LEM is ok as long as your current P2000 is an LEM or you leave the decocking lever in place so there is no external difference in the appearance of the gun.