PDA

View Full Version : M&p - apex dcaek ???

irishshooter
04-01-2011, 10:55 AM
about 3 years ago i had S&W perform their "action pistol package" service on my m&p9c which basically included polishing the feed ramp,"tuning the action"(basic polishing i believe) and installing their Performance Center Sear. made a huge difference in the trigger and i love this gun now. BTW i have the "free state" factory trigger NOT Mass. my question is would it be worth it to get APEX DCAEK now?? can anyone shed some light on how this may improve the trigger even more or what difference i would expect to see withthe addition of the APEX parts?? thanks guys

JV_
04-01-2011, 12:29 PM
If you do get a DCAEK, I'd recommend changing trigger springs every 4-5K.

nwhpfan
04-01-2011, 12:36 PM
about 3 years ago i had S&W perform their "action pistol package" service on my m&p9c which basically included polishing the feed ramp,"tuning the action"(basic polishing i believe) and installing their Performance Center Sear. made a huge difference in the trigger and i love this gun now. BTW i have the "free state" factory trigger NOT Mass. my question is would it be worth it to get APEX DCAEK now?? can anyone shed some light on how this may improve the trigger even more or what difference i would expect to see withthe addition of the APEX parts?? thanks guys

NO. You already have what the Apex does. S&W took your parts and re-shapped and smoothed them. Apex sells the parts already like this. Stay where you are. FWIW-I had one M&P45 with the S&W action package and another with the Apex, I thought the Action Package was a better...

Savage Hands
04-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't think the PC reshapes the Striker Block or changes the springs and they do not add the RAM.

orionz06
04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
I would compare your striker block to the Apex, it will be obvious. Otherwise add a RAM and be done with it.

Savage Hands
04-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Here's a pic of a standard Apex USB on the right and the Hard Chrome one they put in my 9c.

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad251/SShenaniguns/3f40a5ba.jpg

orionz06
04-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Here's a pic of a standard Apex USB on the right and the Hard Chrome one they put in my 9c.

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad251/SShenaniguns/3f40a5ba.jpg

You are good. Just add a RAM if you feel the need to.