PDA

View Full Version : Magpul EHG SG9 (SIG P320 Grips)

HCM
05-15-2024, 01:19 PM
Magpul is following the AMAG (Magpul P320 mag) with Magpul P320 Grip Modules.

https://youtu.be/pN5NqAry_PU?si=tvoXxNvhFnWyZiph

https://magpul.com/whats-new.html

Tokarev
05-15-2024, 01:48 PM
Will this keep the gun from going off if bumped/dropped/jostled?

Sorry....

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

The Rat
05-15-2024, 02:08 PM
Neat step, I'm curious if they're going to follow up with P365 grips at some point.

Tensaw
05-15-2024, 02:17 PM
Neat step, I'm curious if they're going to follow up with P365 grips at some point.

P365 has *got* to be on the heels of this. Kinda can't believe they didn't do P365 first...

HCM
05-15-2024, 02:27 PM
Will this keep the gun from going off if bumped/dropped/jostled?

Sorry....

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Was there any incidents of that when your agency field tested them?

HCM
05-15-2024, 02:30 PM

P365 has *got* to be on the heels of this. Kinda can't believe they didn't do P365 first...

Given the popularity of the P365 I would expect to see some P365 support from Magpul eventually.

However, given Magpul’s roots supplying items for America’s service rifle it’s no surprise they’re supporting the M17/18 first.

JonInWA
05-15-2024, 03:19 PM
While Magpul produces quality kit, I'm personally done with the P320 platform. I've got other platforms that I feel are more deserving and worthy of my attention and resources.

Best, Jon

GJM
05-15-2024, 03:34 PM
I have carried a 365 Macro TacOps every day since last November, and shot it more days than not. My wife and I have shot thousands of rounds a month through 320 based competition pistols. Will be carrying my 320 X Ten comp starting next week in MT and AK. My wife carries a 365 every day and will also be carrying the 320 10mm this summer. Best 10mm I have tested and neither of us have experienced a stoppage. Rattler is my bag travel gun. Glad there are lots of options.

JSGlock34
05-15-2024, 05:50 PM
Good I guess? Looks kinda plain. Not sure what the Magpul product is actually offering here to differentiate itself from the pack? $10 cheaper MSRP from OEM? Lots of P320 grip modules out there.

HeavyDuty
05-15-2024, 06:08 PM
I see nothing that makes me want to try one.

RealSelf
05-15-2024, 06:15 PM
Good I guess? Looks kinda plain. Not sure what the Magpul product is actually offering here to differentiate itself from the pack? $10 cheaper MSRP from OEM? Lots of P320 grip modules out there.

They'll sell boatloads just on their name alone, IMO. It looks nice enough and I'm sure it performs well, so being cheaper would probably make an easy choice for many folks just to test if nothing else.

AMC
05-15-2024, 09:08 PM
I see nothing that makes me want to try one.

It looks, at first glance, like a cross between the original style grip module and the X Grip modules. Absent more aggressive texture, I don't get it at all, really.

GJM
05-15-2024, 09:30 PM
When they started, I thought of Magpul as bringing out high quality products. Lately, it seems like they are more about bringing out cheaper products.

TOTS
05-15-2024, 10:59 PM
I’m not buying any more grips until someone starts putting texture where we actually need it.

GJM
05-15-2024, 11:12 PM
I’m not buying any more grips until someone starts putting texture where we actually need it.

Lok does, and there is silicon carbide for everything else!

Sig_Fiend
05-16-2024, 12:42 AM
When they started, I thought of Magpul as bringing out high quality products. Lately, it seems like they are more about bringing out cheaper products.

Hey, at least it isn't another new t-shirt or pair of sunglasses! ;) jk

Super77
05-16-2024, 06:35 AM
I’m surprised at the shape of this thing. It looks closer to the standard/USGI grip than the vastly superior X-series grip.

Super77
05-16-2024, 06:36 AM

I wish they still made their phone cases.

Chuck Whitlock
05-16-2024, 07:26 AM
It will be interesting how these compare to the Wilson grip modules.

Texaspoff
05-16-2024, 08:01 AM
While Magpul produces quality kit, I'm personally done with the P320 platform. I've got other platforms that I feel are more deserving and worthy of my attention and resources.

Best, Jon

I'm with ya on this. For me it's the little idiosyncrasy of the 320 that I'm just tired of messing with.

As far as the Magpul grip, like others have said, I don't see anything about this one that I want or need. For the 320, I far and above prefered the Wilson grip.

TXPO

TOTS
05-16-2024, 08:02 AM
Lok does, and there is silicon carbide/ soldering irons for everything else!
FIFY

Coal Train
05-16-2024, 08:39 AM
Not sure what the Magpul product is actually offering here to differentiate itself from the pack? $10 cheaper MSRP from OEM?
To be fair to the Magpul product developers and marketing team, there is a large segment of handgun owners that line up to save $10 on Glock magazines that don't function as well as OEM magazines. Might as well tap into that Sig owner revenue stream as well.

Sig_Fiend
05-16-2024, 10:39 AM
To change gears and say something positive, one thing I like the looks of with this module is it appears the grip is somewhat reminiscent in shape to the HK USP grip, which I like quite a bit. Simple rectangular shape. No excessive grooves or contours. Based on appearances alone, I think it might make for a nice shooter.

In my opinion, many of the factory modules have too round of a grip shape. Give me a rectangle, and indexing is easy. Give me a circle and the consistency starts to drop off. The Wilson modules, while I like a lot about them, have too narrow of a backstrap. That leads to an odd feeling like they were trying to mimic that 1911 single stack feel while losing the benefits of a wide contact patch that would normally be possible in a double stack. This Magpul EHG looks like it might split the difference quite nicely. I'll be buying one to try out with my P250.

G19Fan
05-16-2024, 10:41 AM
To change gears and say something positive, one thing I like the looks of with this module is it appears the grip is somewhat reminiscent in shape to the HK USP grip, which I like quite a bit. Simple rectangular shape. No excessive grooves or contours. Based on appearances alone, I think it might make for a nice shooter.

In my opinion, many of the factory modules have too round of a grip shape. Give me a rectangle, and indexing is easy. Give me a circle and the consistency starts to drop off. The Wilson modules, while I like a lot about them, have too narrow of a backstrap. That leads to an odd feeling like they were trying to mimic that 1911 single stack feel while losing the benefits of a wide contact patch that would normally be possible in a double stack. This Magpul EHG looks like it might split the difference quite nicely. I'll be buying one to try out with my P250.

Agree with all of the above

stomridertx
05-16-2024, 11:33 AM
I find the idea of the Magpul grip texture from their AR grips on a handgun interesting. I'd be curious how that feels and it might be an interesting addition to the market. They may also have a different take on the polymer blend used in the frame that could something to try. If they come out with a Glock frame I might buy one out of curiosity. I'm a bit of a Sig hater so the chances of me getting hands on this one are slim to none.

rayrevolver
05-16-2024, 08:26 PM
I'm new to the P320 and found the P80 grips on sale ($35 plus shipping, still on sale). So far I love it, definitely blocky.

I have a Sig fullsize and compact, both of which are ergonomic but do feel small-ish.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53726667573_d77f1f4f86_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/gp/151953216@N05/0iaJBjo1Ee)

diananike
06-09-2024, 01:32 PM

I agree 100%
I’ve been shooting my P320 compact exclusively so far this season and the rounded grip is a serious drawback.
It might feel good in the hand but the gun twists so easily it throws shots all over the place at speed.
It makes me long for the 2x4 grip frames of the Glock.
I’ll get a Magpul module and see if it fixes the issue.
As for where to put my thumb with the takedown lever in the way that’s a whole other problem for another day.
By and large I’m thoroughly unimpressed with the shooting characteristics of the P320.
I promised I’d do 1000 rounds through it and give it a fair shake. Almost there and it never hesitates to disappoint.
Despite the light trigger the gun is inaccurate.
Despite the bulk the gun flips around.
Not to mention the lack of trust in the trigger group from the unintended discharges that plague the internet.

HCM
06-09-2024, 02:42 PM
I agree 100%
I’ve been shooting my P320 compact exclusively so far this season and the rounded grip is a serious drawback.
It might feel good in the hand but the gun twists so easily it throws shots all over the place at speed.
As for where to put my thumb with the takedown lever in the way that’s a whole other problem for another day.
By and large I’m thoroughly unimpressed with the shooting characteristics of the P320.
I promised I’d do 1000 rounds through it and give it a fair shake. Almost there and it never hesitates to disappoint.
Not to mention the lack of trust in the trigger group from the unintended discharges that plague the internet.

Are you shooting the standard 320 grip that looks like the M1/18 grip?

If so, your experience with it matches mine. That said I would strongly recommend that you try one of the SIG X series grips (The ones that look reminiscent of a Glock grip).

The Carry grip if you are running 17 round mags, if not the X compact grip for the 15 round magazines.

Just a note about sizing, I usually shoot a medium in the full size/carry 17 round group, but had better results with the large grip in the 15 round/X compact size. I found the standard/medium X compact grip more to the larger models small grip.

diananike
06-09-2024, 04:34 PM
Are you shooting the standard 320 grip that looks like the M1/18 grip?

If so, your experience with it matches mine. That said I would strongly recommend that you try one of the SIG X series grips (The ones that look reminiscent of a Glock grip).

The Carry grip if you are running 17 round mags, if not the X compact grip for the 15 round magazines.

Just a note about sizing, I usually shoot a medium in the full size/carry 17 round group, but had better results with the large grip in the 15 round/X compact size. I found the standard/medium X compact grip more to the larger models small grip.

I’ve been using the Sig Compact medium grip module, the 15rd one. Kind of like a M18 I suppose, just shorter, it has the same contour.

I’ve heard good things about the X-compact grip frames. I didn’t like the look of them but form follows function and my performance with the OG factory grip leaves something to be desired. I do think the Magpul one looks cooler.

If I get a X-compact one I’ll try to find a large as per your advice.

G19Fan
06-09-2024, 05:55 PM
I agree 100%

Imo just get a p365 macro rac ops. Better than a p320 in every way

diananike
06-09-2024, 06:56 PM
Imo just get a p365 macro rac ops. Better than a p320 in every way

If only that was an option in Canada.
The P320 compact was one of my last purchases in 2022 before the lefties implemented a handgun transfer freeze.
I got one of the 320s due to the fcu being the transferable piece in the hopes that I could transform it into whatever I wanted in the future.
The P365 wasn’t really available in Canada back then as we have a 4.16” barrel length restriction that cut out essentially every 365 variant.
Hopefully the freeze is lifted with a change in government and I can try a 365 someday.

G19Fan
06-09-2024, 08:48 PM
If only that was an option in Canada.
The P320 compact was one of my last purchases in 2022 before the lefties implemented a handgun transfer freeze.
I got one of the 320s due to the fcu being the transferable piece in the hopes that I could transform it into whatever I wanted in the future.
The P365 wasn’t really available in Canada back then as we have a 4.16” barrel length restriction that cut out essentially every 365 variant.
Hopefully the freeze is lifted with a change in government and I can try a 365 someday.

Aww this makes me sad.