PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound Learning Procedure and Clarification

DCBUS
05-12-2024, 10:03 AM
Hello,

I know this has been discussed, but really wanted to verify my procedure so I do not ruin any of my guns. I just tried my first cleaning round on a Springfield Ronin, and it came out spotless. I just want to verity below that what I am doing for the cleaning should not hurt any of the materials. I was originally going to use the Lucas Bore Cleaner, but to hard to find in my area. But if really the true solvent to use, I can order.

My Product and Procedure:

Simple Green HD, used ratio 1:5 (which they show as a medium strength)
Temperature: 160 degrees
Run Time: 20 minutes
Usage: (How many times can I reuse the concentrate before I make a new batch)

Any issues doing this with Cerakote items.

Thank you for your time,
JR

JTQ
05-12-2024, 10:46 AM
You don't specify whether your frame is steel or aluminum (Springfield has an aluminum framed Ronin https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns/1911-ronin-handguns/ ), but I don't think Simple Green is aluminum safe.

DCBUS
05-12-2024, 10:56 AM
Hello,

Sorry, I did miss that. Yes, I do believe most of my guns will be aluminum and definitely some Polymer. Thank you for the catch.

Best Regards, JR

camel
05-12-2024, 12:48 PM
What specific part # are you using for simple green. Most is aluminum safe iirc. They had a problem years ago. Should be listed on the bottle. Or off the website in various forms

DCBUS
05-12-2024, 03:01 PM
Hello,

Simple Green HD SB-224. It mentions fine for aluminum. Thank you

sparkyv
05-12-2024, 03:40 PM
In general, it's not a good idea to sonicate aluminum parts as it can result in pitting.