PDA

View Full Version : Will M&P40 sear housing block work in a M&P45?

willwork4fire
03-31-2011, 08:59 PM
I tried purchasing the latest generation sear housing block for my M&P 45 (with the larger sear spring and plunger) from S&W, but they don't sell them to regular folk. The gentleman mentioned that Apex Tactical sells them, but that statement wasn't true. They only upgrade your current sear by drilling a bigger hole for the updated sear spring and plunger. MidwayUSA sells the housing block, but only for the 9/.357/.40.

Will the 9/.357/.40 sear housing block work in my M&p 45? I was planning to use the 9/.357/.40 sear housing block, with an Apex M&P 45 hard sear, then send it to Apex for the upgrade. If anyone has a better suggestion/solution, I'm all ears. Thanks!!

DocGKR
04-01-2011, 01:46 AM
No. Different blocks.

part-time shooter
04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
You might give Grant at G&R Tactical a call and ask him about what you are planning on doing and if he has access to those parts.

I've been buying all of my replacement M&P parts from him, great service and he's very knowledgable. I've never bought a new block though, just strikers, mags, and springs and so on, an a APEX hard sear for my M&P 40. He has the M&P45 parts as well from APEX last I checked.

TAP
04-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Check with Kenny at Speed Shooter Specialties. I see he has a 45 sear block assembly listed on his site.

MEH
04-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Right now you're not going to find the latest design in the parts train inventory.

Brownell's stocks them as well, but it's the small plunger. Why not just get your current SHB modified by Apex. Only takes a week or so and the price is right.