PDA

View Full Version : Job posting at Beretta

Ben_G
03-08-2024, 08:20 PM
For all you who think this cant be that difficult, or preferably are professionals who want to see how the sausage is made, we are hiring for the Pistol category Product Manager role at Beretta USA.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3842999715/?refId=nFjbq5nHQveYc6V50WsLow%3D%3D&trackingId=nFjbq5nHQveYc6V50WsLow%3D%3D

Borderland
03-08-2024, 10:36 PM
No thanks. I don't speak Italian. ;)

HeavyDuty
03-08-2024, 10:46 PM

Whatsa matta - you no got hands?

Erick Gelhaus
03-09-2024, 12:55 AM
Annddd, I'm not even remotely qualified.

Best wishes to whoever gets it.

BillSWPA
03-09-2024, 01:43 AM
I am not looking to change, but if my career had stayed in engineering this would be very interesting.

I would be surprised if you do not get at least a few good applicants from Pistol-Forum.

Ben_G
03-09-2024, 03:01 AM

I think there's maybe one or two non-native Italian speakers, and maybe half a doze expats or loaned natives across all of Beretta USA haha. I legitimately speak it third best in the office, and my Italian is basically on par with my menu/I've watched Narcos a couple times through level of Spanish.

Fluency in Italian is certainly not a requirement for the role, though it doesn't hurt to pick up for travel over there or understanding side conversations with the overseas team :D

littlejerry
03-09-2024, 08:10 AM
I am not looking to change, but if my career had stayed in engineering this would be very interesting.

I would be surprised if you do not get at least a few good applicants from Pistol-Forum.

While engineers can work in Product Planning it's not usually a requirement. In my experience a successful planner needs a strong sales and marketing background with a small dose of mechanical aptitude.

Planning sets 3-10 year plans based on market trends/needs and then it's engineering/development's job to make it happen.

BillSWPA
03-09-2024, 08:56 AM
While engineers can work in Product Planning it's not usually a requirement. In my experience a successful planner needs a strong sales and marketing background with a small dose of mechanical aptitude.

Planning sets 3-10 year plans based on market trends/needs and then it's engineering/development's job to make it happen.

Sales and marketing is definitely not my strength.

DMF13
03-09-2024, 10:37 AM
Annddd, I'm not even remotely qualified.

Best wishes to whoever gets it.Same here. :(

NPV
03-10-2024, 08:06 PM
Damn, it’s too bad I’m not in a position to relocate.

Borderland
03-10-2024, 10:33 PM
Whatsa matta - you no got hands?

Well, I have hands but the big draw for me would be hanging out in Tuscany and passing myself off as a Beretta corporate executive.

MichaelD
03-10-2024, 11:39 PM
Paging SecondsCount, SecondsCount please pick up the white courtesy phone.

SecondsCount
03-11-2024, 01:32 AM
Paging SecondsCount, SecondsCount please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Grazie mille.

Looks like a fun position for someone who wants to deal with the gun community 😁

Hambo
03-11-2024, 06:34 AM
Fluency in Italian is certainly not a requirement for the role, though it doesn't hurt to pick up for travel over there or understanding side conversations with the overseas team :D

"Stupid idiot" is pretty easy to understand in romance languages. ;)

SeriousStudent
03-11-2024, 08:03 PM
Thanks Ben! I just sent this to a buddy that would be a great fit. He is in the industry and lives in Tennessee. I think you either know him or know of him.

I just sent him the info from the LinkedIn post, and will have him reach out to your HR rep.

Borderland
03-11-2024, 09:13 PM
You just never know who posts on this forum. That's a good thing.