PDA

View Full Version : Which conversion kit?

Ga Shooter
03-31-2011, 01:14 PM
I am looking to incorporate a .22 conversion kit for a Gen 4 G17 into my training rountine. Who makes relaible trouble free ones that feel pretty close to shooting the real ammo?

Thanks for the help.

JV_
03-31-2011, 01:24 PM
I have a Gen3 Glock 17 Advantage Arms kit. It is picky with ammo, as most kits seem be, it does NOT like Federal. It does work well with Remington Golden Bullets (from Walmart).

If your thumb rides the slide, even a little, it will not function correctly. It seems to have just enough slide velocity to operate, and your thumb resistance will cause malfunctions.

If you want a very reliable .22, get a .22 pistol, rather than a conversion kit.

VolGrad
03-31-2011, 01:29 PM
I am looking to incorporate a .22 conversion kit for a Gen 4 G17 into my training rountine. Who makes relaible trouble free ones .....
Focus on this part of your question ...

...... that feel pretty close to shooting the real ammo?
..... becaues this part isn't going to happen with rimfire.

That's just my experience. I have had really good experiences with Tactical Solutions conversion kits in ARs and 1911s. They are making GLOCK conversion kits now. What I don't know though is if it is compatible with Gen4 guns. Maybe someone else knows. If not, I'd contact them and ask. Their stuff is pricey but IMO worth it.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=19&category_id=13&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=68

The other big name everyone seems to use is Advantage Arms but getting one is sort of like me chasing my OD G19 unicorn. I hear they exist. I've seen them but can never find one available for purchase .... at least without paying an absurd premium price.