PDA

View Full Version : IDPA Triple Crown, Oxford, NC Nov 9/10

cclaxton
11-15-2012, 07:27 AM
Me and a buddy drove to Oxford, NC for the Triple Crown IDPA Sanctioned Match. The main attraction for me was the night time match. I loved every bit of this match, although I SUCKED at the night time match I loved it to. We shot from inside a car with the engine on fire, shot through simulated rain, shot with strobes going off on swingers, shot wolves attacking while sitting at a dimly lit campfire, shot inside a darkened house with water hoses dangling, shot in a strip club starting with strong hand holding the dollar bill in the garter and weak hand on the beer, shot with only police lights flashing and distant targets, shot with a rack of lights right in your eyes and targets beyond them, shot from a Genie Lift all the way up, and many more. It was FUN!!!!!

I got 2nd place trophies in ESP-MM for both day matches, but totally bombed the night time match. I need to work on night time shooting.

Here is a really great writeup another shooter did:

http://www.balloongoesup.com/blog/2012/11/idpa-triple-crown-in-oxford-nc/

They are having another one, non-sanctioned, on Dec 8/9 at The Range in Oxford, NC...$40 for all three!!! (Not sure if they will have all the same COF...)

You gotta try this out at least once even if you have to sacrifice AIWB for the match.

CC