PDA

View Full Version : G45s w/ factory milled Acros are hitting the streets!

cjb1911
02-19-2024, 10:20 PM
Seems like a great price too around $1100, maybe Im late to the party but just saw them in a buds email.

HeavyDuty
02-19-2024, 10:32 PM
Seems like a great price too around $1100, maybe Im late to the party but just saw them in a buds email.

That’s not horrid. I’m pretty much sworn off Glocks, but have been trying to decide which ones to keep - putting my ACRO on my G45 was one of the possibilities, but would involve direct milling.

HeavyDuty
02-19-2024, 10:37 PM
Oooooh. $1006 at Locked and Loaded, no sales tax.

HeavyDuty
02-19-2024, 10:40 PM
Info with SKUs:

https://taloinc.com/news/talo-introduced-g45-with-aimpoint-acro

Greg Bell
02-19-2024, 11:34 PM
Damn. That is a pretty slick setup from the factory.

john c
02-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Info with SKUs:

I didn't realize that the package includes the ACRO! I thought it was just milled for the ACRO. That's a very good deal.

Noah
02-20-2024, 06:06 AM
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/764503059087

The 17 rounder.

Rex G
02-20-2024, 08:25 AM
Info with SKUs:

Thanks for the link. I had seen these on the website of an LGS, but there were no details, so, I could not determine whether the slides were fully milled, or whether there was any type of adapter involved. I was wanting to upgrade to an ACRO P-2, to use on my milled slide, anyway, so, depending upon the overall math, this might be worth the convenience. (This being a TALO edition, I doubt I can get something like this as a “blue label” at the local cop shop.)

HeavyDuty
02-20-2024, 08:39 AM
I think last time I checked the non-LE Blue Label price for me (GSSF) was $425 for a bog-standard plastic sighted G45 with three mags, and my price as a retired first responder for a P2 is $534. Battlewerx wants $240 to mill and DLC the slide plus add the Ameriglos. So, this saves me quite a bit plus it puts the rear sight at the back of the slide.

Add in the fact that some dealers are no sales tax, and the savings become substantial.

Horseman
02-20-2024, 10:23 AM
An agency in my area has been re-equipping all their people with this setup. I've seen several in action at a large training facility and it's kind of cool to have RDS-equipped duty guns with a durable, reliable optic and less screws, plates, and stuff to break, fall off, and aggravate the instructors (like me). ;)

Noah
02-20-2024, 10:31 AM
S&W, Walther, and Glock and maybe others are all now selling direct cut Acro guns with Acros. Future of duty guns for sure. I'm very much in the land of compact/mid size pistols with smaller optics for carry and EDC focused competition/training, but it's definitely a cool thing to see for the duty world. Way better institutional solution.

HeavyDuty
02-20-2024, 06:54 PM
S&W, Walther, and Glock and maybe others are all now selling direct cut Acro guns with Acros. Future of duty guns for sure. I'm very much in the land of compact/mid size pistols with smaller optics for carry and EDC focused competition/training, but it's definitely a cool thing to see for the duty world. Way better institutional solution.

We need an ACRO Mini optimized for G26 sized pistols…

Sero Sed Serio
02-20-2024, 09:19 PM
Saw one of these in the wild at C2 Tactical in Tempe, a pretty good-sized local range. Was confused because I just assumed it was one of the Gunsite limited runs, but this confirms it wasn’t.

I think this is the future for RDS, or at least the stopgap future until there is a full redesign for a partially non-reciprocating upper where the optic is fixed in place a la Ruger .22, and I hope that Glock expands it to other models and other optics. Put my credit card on a shot timer if they do this with a G49.

MountainRaven
02-20-2024, 09:53 PM
Saw one of these in the wild at C2 Tactical in Tempe, a pretty good-sized local range. Was confused because I just assumed it was one of the Gunsite limited runs, but this confirms it wasn’t.

I think this is the future for RDS, or at least the stopgap future until there is a full redesign for a partially non-reciprocating upper where the optic is fixed in place a la Ruger .22, and I hope that Glock expands it to other models and other optics. Put my credit card on a shot timer if they do this with a G49.

While there are none currently available, there are a handful of retailers and distributors showing Glock 49 MOS-7s in the same package as the currently-available 45s.

DMF13
02-20-2024, 09:55 PM
When the Acro comes with a 6MOA dot I'll get interested. Until then I want something else.

DLWinner
02-21-2024, 05:58 AM
Sometimes…… I wish I wasn’t so poor.

MD7305
02-21-2024, 08:03 AM
From the standpoint of agencies purchasing pistols and optics this makes so much sense. One order, one package, so much easier that having to get guns, optics, and plates from different vendors. Pretty much a turn key solution. If S&W would have had their Acro package deal a year ago, I think I could've sold my department on the Acro over our Holosuns.

Hstanton1
02-21-2024, 11:46 AM
Hopefully other companies (looking at you S&W) will start releasing their LE only factory ACRO guns to the general public soon. I keep trying to ditch Glock but they keep pulling me back in.

HeavyDuty
02-27-2024, 03:35 PM
My G45 with ACRO just hit my pusher, but it will be a day or two before I can get it.

Maca
02-27-2024, 09:47 PM
Got mine last weekend. Put 150 rounds through it today. Dot needed no adjustment. POA=POI at 15 yards.

HeavyDuty
02-28-2024, 07:21 PM
I picked mine up today. I’m leaving this one mostly stock, only adding a SCD and extended slide stop (damn right thumb) to the pistol and TD’s battery cap, clamp and front window guard to the ACRO.

Coal Train
03-08-2024, 02:24 PM
I picked mine up today. I’m leaving this one mostly stock, only adding a SCD and extended slide stop (damn right thumb) to the pistol and TD’s battery cap, clamp and front window guard to the ACRO.
Any update on how you are getting along with the factory milled G45 and Acro?

I keep debating on trying red dots again.

HeavyDuty
03-08-2024, 03:15 PM
Any update on how you are getting along with the factory milled G45 and Acro?

I keep debating on trying red dots again.

I haven’t even had time to cut down a grip adapter for it let alone take it to the range. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

I do like how low it mounts compared to my MOS 19 with ACRO.

Maca
03-08-2024, 05:20 PM
I am at 500 rounds on mine. No complaints.

This is my first experience with an acro. It’s as good a dot as a trijicon: better glass than an RMR though glass clarity/bluish tint never held me back on an RMR; love the +/- buttons; the mount is obviously stronger; and it carries the same as any other dot (does not print more/less).

It’s a great total package.

3-7-77
03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
I got mine sighted in today. The irons hit POA/POI out of the box but the ACRO was high. First experience with an ACRO and I like it a lot so far. This is my 3rd Gen5 Glock and it has the best trigger I've felt on any Glock to date (I've owned close to 20 different Glocks over the years). It has a smooth rolling break from start to finish. I'm very, very happy with it.

DLWinner
03-09-2024, 12:56 PM
I have one in the cart right now ready to order. I think I’m going to retire my GEN 3 17 with an RMR and buy this.

3-7-77
03-16-2024, 09:37 AM
Has anyone checked to see if these fit in a Safariland 6300 series holster with the Cheeto guard? I'm wondering if having the ACRO sitting lower on the slide will allow the guard to snap closed. If someone is able to check and report back I'd appreciate it.

MountainRaven
03-16-2024, 12:39 PM
Has anyone checked to see if these fit in a Safariland 6300 series holster with the Cheeto guard? I'm wondering if having the ACRO sitting lower on the slide will allow the guard to snap closed. If someone is able to check and report back I'd appreciate it.

Glock 45 MOS-7 with Acro P-2, Agency Arms Sage Dynamics barrel/compensator, and X300U in a 6354RDS for Glock 17: Almost. Not quite.

TCB
03-16-2024, 02:03 PM
It’s pretty close on my G45 & 47 to be able to close. Being direct milled rather than using plates like mine it may fully close. I just took mine off and don’t worry about it.

S Jenks
03-17-2024, 06:47 AM
I tried two 6360RDS, which in all fairness to Safariland isn’t listed to fit an Acro. They list the Vortex Venom, Viper, RMR, Doctor, Holosun 407/507/509 and Burris Fastfire on the label.

Glock 45 with direct-mount Acro P2, Surefire X300U-A, **and Tango Down Lens Guard installed, which adds a few millimeters to the length of the sight, if it makes a difference**

In a Glock 19 holster, no, but just barely no. In a Glock 47 holster, yes. But then of course you’re not getting the support offered by the barrel pin.

I just emailed Safariland to see if there will be a future option, as is the case with the 7TS series. Does anyone know of aftermarket covers being offered? I personally am fine with just removing the cover but I’d like an answer for the troops, because I know someone will ask as we’re transitioning to the G47/P2/X300 combo this spring.

Sensei
04-24-2024, 09:55 PM
Just got one of these. This gun was at my LGS for $1075 which is a wicked steal when you consider the retail cost of these 2 items is typically north of $600 apiece.

For months I had been carrying 1911s and SAO Sig Legions just because I’m significantly more accurate with these platforms beyond 20 yards. I find it almost impossible to make a straight, backwards pull with a factory Glock trigger, and I’m nowhere near ready to dip my toe into the Performance trigger or any other aftermarket options that all seem to compromise reliability.

Thus, I’m now at the point of accepting that the trigger mechanics of a stock Glock are such that I can keep every round well inside of a 10-ring on a B-8 at 25 yards when shot off a sandbag, but my Sigs, HKs, and 1911s are producing 1.5-2” groups at this distance that easily fit inside of the X-ring. However, the weight and geometry of a Glock are so phenomenal that the sacrifice in accuracy is acceptable.

SW CQB 45
04-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Question

does anyone know if Glock will offer direct mill G45 with other footprints?

A coworker wants a G45 and direct mill for SRO.

Trajan
04-24-2024, 11:39 PM
I turned mine into a Roland. Always liked rolands, but open emitters were always a no-go and the atom slides were iffy. I'm digging it. Laser beam with the KKM barrel.

cjb1911
04-25-2024, 05:28 AM
Question

I have seen leo overruns with RMR/SRO footprints. Aimsurplus had some not too long ago.

Skinner Precision, LLC
04-25-2024, 06:44 AM
Question

Leo sku's yes, I talked with Glock regional sales guy a week ago at a armorer's class and he was adamant for the civilian market it would stay MOS's with plates outside TALO type special runs. He said the fear was dealers having to stock to many models and getting stuck with glocks that wouldn't turnover for dealers because of the footprint...

runngun
04-25-2024, 06:47 AM
Glock 45 MOS-7 with Acro P-2, Agency Arms Sage Dynamics barrel/compensator, and X300U in a 6354RDS for Glock 17: Almost. Not quite.

G19Gen5 MOS with TD plate P-2, and KKM comp in G34 6354RDS, (with RDS Optic Replacement Cover - 6300 Series × 1
SKU: 1321655). The cover latches closed no problem.

I don't recall if the new cover is bigger than stock (it lookes the same in pictures), or if I got it to better match the colour of the holster.
Also, I switched to an OT Defense barrel plug and used a heat gun to expand the holster so the KKM comp would fit. It may have allowed the pistol to sit lower in the holster than originaly designed.

The picture with the guard open shows the position of the ACRO when fully seated in the holster.

Skinner Precision, LLC
04-25-2024, 06:52 AM
G45 direct milled acro + gen 5 mos g19 + holsun comp= g19 I wanted + the beginning of a carry optics gun I probably didn't need....

JR1572
04-25-2024, 07:23 AM
I have a 45 MOS direct milled for a RMR. We got them last year when we upgraded from the G4 17 (2015) which was the upgrade from the PX4.

SW CQB 45
04-25-2024, 07:40 AM
I have a 45 MOS direct milled for a RMR. We got them last year when we upgraded from the G4 17 (2015) which was the upgrade from the PX4.

sorry for the slight drift away from the original ACRO....

is there a way I can get an image of the factory box label, so I can grab the SKU or needed info to find that model?

what optic you have on that model?

thanks in advance

Skinner Precision, LLC
04-25-2024, 08:31 AM

is there a way I can get an image of the factory box label, so I can grab the SKU or needed info to find that model?

thanks in advance

The talo civilian , direct factory mounted w/ameriglo suppresor hiegth sights model for G45 isPA455S303MOS7A1, G49 is PA495S303MOS7A1, g47 I can't find right now but should follow the same convention....

TC215
04-25-2024, 12:26 PM

thanks in advance

Call your Glock LE rep and ask for a Glock 45 MOS-5.

JR1572
04-25-2024, 03:11 PM

thanks in advance

I didn’t get a box. They took my old gun and gave me a new one. I think it’s MOS 5. We have RMR06 and Ameriglo green tritium front and plain black rear sights.

Let me know if that helps out.

PD Sgt.
04-25-2024, 04:12 PM
My understanding is that Glock makes these currently in three different factory cuts. ACRO, RMR, and another I don’t recall. They are supposed to be agency purchase only, but some overruns find their way to dealers. My ACRO came with the optic, the RMR cut model (from AIM Surplus) did not. The RMR pocket is cut very oversize, enough so that the screws and recoil bosses are the sole support of the optic.

As an aside, the RMR pistols AIM had were by accident. They found out later they weren’t supposed to have gotten them. Also, since they had the covers installed they almost did not notice they were pre-cut.

My personal opinion is if I was going to use the RMR I would probably go MOS with a plate. I would prefer the added support of a close plate even with the extra screws needed to secure the plate. For an ACRO I think the pre-cut from the factory is the way to go.

TC215
04-25-2024, 06:33 PM
My understanding is that Glock makes these currently in three different factory cuts. ACRO, RMR, and another I don’t recall.

MOS3 — Leupold
MOS5 — Trijicon
MOS6 — Holosun
MOS7 — Aimpoint

Available in G45s and 47s.

Sensei
04-25-2024, 07:19 PM
MOS3 — Leupold
MOS5 — Trijicon
MOS6 — Holosun
MOS7 — Aimpoint

Available in G45s and 47s.

I’ll be jumping on one of those factory 47 ACROs as soon as I can find one…

SW CQB 45
04-25-2024, 07:47 PM
I saw some images of the gap on google search.

I wonder if sending the slide to a reputable machine shop for a tighter fitting optic, front recoil bosses and rear threaded recoil bosses is the better heavy-duty option when choosing RMR?