PDA

View Full Version : New "Carry Comp" Guns from Shadow Systems

Tokarev
01-22-2024, 10:35 AM
Announced today are two new comp guns. These are both off the G19 / 4.0" slides.

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/mr920p-xr920p/

jlw
01-22-2024, 06:43 PM
Because the awesome recoil of the 9mm pistol... ;)

call_me_ski
01-22-2024, 08:15 PM
Why does everyone keep insisting on cutting holes in slides?

cornstalker
01-22-2024, 10:50 PM

So you can see the fancy barrel inside!

I do like the looks of this better than their first generation of compensators.
The slide appears to be machined differently at the muzzle end than prior models. If it is backwards compatible it would have an unsightly gap on the bevels at the top corners of the slide.

Texaspoff
01-23-2024, 07:57 AM
So you can see the fancy barrel inside!

I do like the looks of this better than their first generation of compensators.
The slide appears to be machined differently at the muzzle end than prior models. If it is backwards compatible it would have an unsightly gap on the bevels at the top corners of the slide.

These P models are designed to be comp guns from the get go. I suspect, they may design a different version that would work with the previous non comp versions, otherwise your correct, the lines wouldn't match.

I have no desire for one personally, my MR's are just fine without. They did however do a nice job on these and the new comp design.

SS definitely has some talented and forward thinking R&D guys working there. LOL, shame Glock doesn't have that kind of talent.

TXPO

GJM
01-23-2024, 11:06 AM
Have they improved customer service recently -- lots of chatter about the company being non responsive to problems?

Tokarev
01-23-2024, 08:48 PM
Also minor cosmetic updates to the Foundation guns.

I'm not familiar with the current lineups but I think the Foundation has replaced the Combat series.

https://youtu.be/EXB7uJ39lK0?si=k7lRySOWn5vDGkFF

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

cornstalker
01-23-2024, 08:49 PM
I am highly unlikely to try them again after my CR920 experience.

The locking feature on the comp is an intriguing innovation. I am curious to see if it is a stroke of genius, or the next evolution of a customer service nightmare.

G19Fan
01-23-2024, 09:53 PM
I am highly unlikely to try them again after my CR920 experience.

The locking feature on the comp is an intriguing innovation. I am curious to see if it is a stroke of genius, or the next evolution of a customer service nightmare.

CR920 was such a great experience I left glock and shadow systems all together and now use a p365 for everything

Texaspoff
01-24-2024, 07:55 AM
Also minor cosmetic updates to the Foundation guns.

I'm not familiar with the current lineups but I think the Foundation has replaced the Combat series.

https://youtu.be/EXB7uJ39lK0?si=k7lRySOWn5vDGkFF

The Foundation series has replaced the Combat model since there wasn't as much of a difference between the combat and Elite, just some slide work. There is a bigger spread between the Foundation and Elite models, especially since you can get upgraded foundation models now. The foundation model is really the direct competition to the Glock MOS models. SS felt the foundation with available upgrades will pull more buyers potentially looking at a Glock MOS due to their pricing being almost the same.

TXPO

Texaspoff
01-24-2024, 08:01 AM
CR920 was such a great experience I left glock and shadow systems all together and now use a p365 for everything

I agree the CR and its's initial release was pretty much a crap shoot. I had one and had three in to the department for T&E and mine ran fine, while two of the T&E guns has some problems. I have since handled and shot some recent production CR's and they ran flawlessly.

The 365 is a fantastic pistol, and I still have one, but I have since moved back toward the Glock style platform. I go between my 43X and my CR, both of which have been flawless. I'm also back to carrying my 920's on duty again. Not worried about the 320 and any safety issues, I just missed the Glock style platform. 30 plus years in LE, over half of that carrying Glocks, and it's hard to completely break away from them.

TXPO

G19Fan
01-24-2024, 09:56 AM
I agree the CR and its's initial release was pretty much a crap shoot. I had one and had three in to the department for T&E and mine ran fine, while two of the T&E guns has some problems. I have since handled and shot some recent production CR's and they ran flawlessly.

The 365 is a fantastic pistol, and I still have one, but I have since moved back toward the Glock style platform. I go between my 43X and my CR, both of which have been flawless. I'm also back to carrying my 920's on duty again. Not worried about the 320 and any safety issues, I just missed the Glock style platform. 30 plus years in LE, over half of that carrying Glocks, and it's hard to completely break away from them.

TXPO

It is a great platform (glock). I think me having medium small hands is what makes the p365 system a winner for me. I can out 500 to 1k000 rounds out of a p365 no issues (in a day). Now that I don't shoot g19s anymore when I shoot mine my trigger finger wants to lockup/cramp after 200 rounds (just reach plus where the hump meets my palm). Not an issue if I only shoot G19 though

GJM
01-24-2024, 10:01 AM

TXPO

I may stray, but I always end up back with a Glock.

Texaspoff
01-24-2024, 10:43 AM

Yeah, Just can't seem to kick them long term.

TXPO

Texaspoff
01-24-2024, 10:48 AM
It is a great platform (glock). I think me having medium small hands is what makes the p365 system a winner for me. I can out 500 to 1k000 rounds out of a p365 no issues (in a day). Now that I don't shoot g19s anymore when I shoot mine my trigger finger wants to lockup/cramp after 200 rounds (just reach plus where the hump meets my palm). Not an issue if I only shoot G19 though

I am really curious to see which direction Glock starts going. With Gaston passing, many different things could happen.

1. Status quo, keep things going exactly the way they have.

2. Changes are made that will take Glock into a more relative future, IE manufacturing changes.

TXPO

G19Fan
01-24-2024, 01:35 PM
I am really curious to see which direction Glock starts going. With Gaston passing, many different things could happen.

2. Changes are made that will take Glock into a more relative future, IE manufacturing changes.

TXPO

I am curious as well

GJM
01-24-2024, 01:59 PM
FIFY

3. Business is sold for $1 to 4 billion.

TXPO

G19Fan
01-24-2024, 03:06 PM
FIFY

Not even a glock guy anymore but hoping iy isn't sold.to colt lol

BWT
01-24-2024, 11:00 PM

Reduction in slide mass reciprocating means less inertia. Glock 34 Gen 3 and 4 had the cut out at the end to reduce any “dip” and left mass on the back of the slide.

It makes sense TBH.

DMCutter
01-25-2024, 03:50 PM

I shot my CR920 and 365 side by side this morning with HST 147. The CR was maybe a hair flatter shooting but the dingus on the trigger was irritating the shit out of my finger. I took a file to the sharp point and hopefully that will solve that issue. I hadn't shot the 365 in a while and I forgot how accurate it is.

SwampDweller
01-25-2024, 05:02 PM

I notice a conspicuous lack of HK in there :eek:

Tokarev
01-25-2024, 06:11 PM
https://youtu.be/yQwFo-qvAn0?si=DwK0Gx7E5eFJo9iN

GJM
01-25-2024, 06:41 PM
I notice a conspicuous lack of HK in there :eek:

I knew I was forgetting something!

Tokarev
01-30-2024, 06:46 AM
https://youtu.be/QBNJmKKCFKk?si=UxllEb93Qa1CDVgU