PDA

View Full Version : Ruger 77/22

ACP230
11-11-2012, 08:51 AM
I bought a used Ruger 77/22 in September. Took till yesterday to get to the range with it.

I found that it shot very well with several different types of .22 ammo. Federal Value Pack 36 grain HPs did about as well as the higher priced CCI stuff so I will
probably stock up on some more of that.

The rifle came with a Simmons 3-9 power scope. It will have to go as it is fuzzy at the higher power settings.
I have pistol scopes and rifle scopes that are too big for the 77/22 lying around so will have to buy another. Probably a 2-7 variable to make the Ruger 77/22 as
close as possible to my Ruger deer rifle. It weighs a bit less but is close in size and feel.

My oldest son won one of these rifles in 1998 at the old Second Chance Bowling Pin Shoot. I always liked them but almost never saw one at a reasonable price.
Finally did.

I plan to use it as an understudy for deer rifle, as a small game gun, and use it to teach some new shooters from time to time.
It will work fine in all those roles. I like it so much that one of my other bolt .22s may be going down the road.

JConn
11-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Those are beautiful bolt 22s. I've always wanted one but the price is so much higher than semis, I haven't been able to justify the cost. Enjoy it.