PDA

View Full Version : RemArms V3 Tactical

Lon
12-17-2023, 11:18 AM
Saw one of these in a shop yesterday. Seemed like a nice setup minus the stock that’s waaaaaaaay too long for 99% of the shooting population. The shop I saw it at had $1150 on it.

https://www.remarms.com/shotguns/tactical/v3-tactical

Rex G
12-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Saw one of these in a shop yesterday. Seemed like a nice setup minus the stock that’s waaaaaaaay too long for 99% of the shooting population. The shop I saw it at had $1150 on it.

Perhaps that too-long stock could be removed, and replaced with a shock-wave grip, to make a Demonstrated Concepts-ish “cheek” gun?

BobM
12-17-2023, 12:20 PM
Pretty sure I saw that about a month ago. A couple years ago I would’ve been interested but now for that much money I’d get a Beretta.

GyroF-16
12-17-2023, 12:55 PM

Interesting… so Remington has released an American-made Beretta 1301T clone.
Only with rifle sights and no provisions for mounting a RDS.
Oh, and an extended mag tube that holds one less shell.

ragnar_d
12-17-2023, 01:04 PM
Perhaps that too-long stock could be removed, and replaced with a shock-wave grip, to make a Demonstrated Concepts-ish “cheek” gun?
The original V3 TAC-13 models had an adapter on them that allowed them to use the 870 Tac-14 grips on them and, consequently, could also make use of 870 stocks. Very similar to the Aridus adapter for the 1301.

I’ve not seen any sold on the aftermarket or anything though.

Rex G
12-17-2023, 01:32 PM

Well, the cross-bolt safety is where my brain unconsciously knows where to find it, after more than four decades of shotgunning. Because my personally-owned duty shotguns frequently had their safeties inadvertently bumped, while positioned inside the patrol vehoicles, I programmed my brain to ALWAYS verify/acknowledge the position of the safety, each time I put my hands on the shotgun. I reckon that may well be over a million reps, by now; that is MUCH hard-wiring. After about 55 years of age, the brain has a more-difficult time re-hard-wiring itself, and I am seven years past 55. Thus, the saying about old dogs and new tricks does apply. (See my sig lines, where “kinesthetic dufus” is displayed. ;) I am not kidding; I am clumsier and less-coordinated than average.)

My Benelli autos have recoil springs inside a tube that extends into the stock, so, cannot be shock-waved. I had wanted a Remington TAC-13, when they were extant, but was not willing to pay a scalper’s price. I hope to see the TAC-13 return.

Lon
12-17-2023, 01:38 PM

Pretty sure the one I had my hands on was drilled and tapped for a mount already. Sights were the XS DEA style.

GyroF-16
12-17-2023, 01:55 PM
Well, the cross-bolt safety is where my brain unconsciously knows where to find it, after more than four decades of shotgunning. Because my personally-owned duty shotguns frequently had their safeties inadvertently bumped, while positioned inside the patrol vehoicles, I programmed my brain to ALWAYS verify/acknowledge the position of the safety, each time I put my hands on the shotgun. I reckon that may well be over a million reps, by now; that is MUCH hard-wiring. After about 55 years of age, the brain has a more-difficult time re-hard-wiring itself, and I am seven years past 55. Thus, the saying about old dogs and new tricks does apply. (See my sig lines, where “kinesthetic dufus” is displayed. ;) I am not kidding; I am clumsier and less-coordinated than average.)

My Benelli autos have recoil springs inside a tube that extends into the stock, so, cannot be shock-waved. I had wanted a Remington TAC-13, when they were extant, but was not willing to pay a scalper’s price. I hope to see the TAC-13 return.

I’m sorry - not following… the Remington appears to have a cross-bolt safety in the trigger guard forward of the trigger, same as the 1301T.
Is that where your brain unconsciously knows where to find it?

Rex G
12-17-2023, 02:02 PM
I’m sorry - not following… the Remington appears to have a cross-bolt safety in the trigger guard forward of the trigger, same as the 1301T.
Is that where your brain unconsciously knows where to find it?

I am seeing the cross-bolt safety button at the rear of the trigger guard of the Remington, in the usual, traditional Remington location.

WobblyPossum
12-17-2023, 02:29 PM

The V3 Tac-13 is back. I think there are just small production runs while Remington spins up production of various things. Last month KYGunCo was selling them for a little over $900. They’re sold out now but I’m sure more are on the way.

Rex G
12-17-2023, 08:18 PM
The V3 Tac-13 is back. I think there are just small production runs while Remington spins up production of various things. Last month KYGunCo was selling them for a little over $900. They’re sold out now but I’m sure more are on the way.

This is good news! Thanks!

NH Shooter
12-18-2023, 03:45 PM
The vent rib model is mighty nice, but agree that a 14.25" LOP kills the deal - at least until a shorter aftermarket solution is available.

Cool Breeze
12-18-2023, 07:07 PM
I have a walnut 26" V3 for clay shooting that I bought before Remington went under. I really like the gun a lot...extremely soft shooting shotgun.

mmc45414
12-18-2023, 08:11 PM
And fixed choke... I know some see this as a benefit, but IMO if you want a "fixed" choke you could choose the one you like and put a single drop of red Loctite on it.

mmc45414
12-19-2023, 08:37 AM
Nice loading port, though.