PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal on Ruger SR1911 Lightweight Government

Tokarev
11-19-2023, 11:24 AM
https://battlehawkarmory.com/product/ruger-sr1911-.45acp-5-barrel-1-8rd-1-7rd-magazine-pistol

Just passing on what seems to be a good deal on a basic 1911 Government.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Totem Polar
11-19-2023, 12:42 PM
https://battlehawkarmory.com/product/ruger-sr1911-.45acp-5-barrel-1-8rd-1-7rd-magazine-pistol

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Man, that *is* a great deal. I own one of these, and it's run great so far.

Tokarev
11-19-2023, 01:42 PM
I appreciate the concept of the lightweight Government. It just doesn't seem to be overly popular for whatever reason.

Robinson
11-19-2023, 02:06 PM
I appreciate the concept of the lightweight Government. It just doesn't seem to be overly popular for whatever reason.

I've owned several and they've all been pretty good. I currently own a Lightweight Operator.

HeavyDuty
11-21-2023, 02:20 PM
I have the Ruger, and it’s been great so far.

45dotACP
11-21-2023, 09:30 PM
Damn, that's a screaming deal.

Got me thinking.

camel
11-21-2023, 09:44 PM
I’d buy one. But Christmas and the wife.

MVS
11-21-2023, 10:15 PM
I must be the odd man out. When I bought my Ruger back a while ago it wouldn't make it through a whole mag. Sent it to my gunsmith and while he was making it run also had him throw on different sights and a Wilson Bulletproof ambi safety. It is gtg now.

Chuck Whitlock
11-22-2023, 08:28 AM
I must be the odd man out. When I bought my Ruger back a while ago it wouldn't make it through a whole mag. Sent it to my gunsmith and while he was making it run also had him throw on different sights and a Wilson Bulletproof ambi safety. It is gtg now.

Interesting. Can you share what your gunsmith did?

MVS
11-22-2023, 05:26 PM
Interesting. Can you share what your gunsmith did?

I can try to find the info. It was 5 or 6 years ago so I don't remember specifics. It was some type of standard reliability package he does.

Totem Polar
11-22-2023, 05:39 PM
I can try to find the info. It was 5 or 6 years ago so I don't remember specifics. It was some type of standard reliability package he does.

Looks to be a commander sized 1911, yes?

HeavyDuty
11-22-2023, 06:32 PM

This is the new LW 5” that just came out in the last 6 months or so. I’m curious what your ‘smith did, though - I have two Ruger SR1911 series guns (a LW Officer’s in 9mm and a LW 5” in .45.)

Stephanie B
11-22-2023, 07:31 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!

Damn.

MVS
11-23-2023, 10:55 AM
I can't find the work order. I did find some of my posts on it from another forum. Here is some of one.

I guess I can't call it a piece of junk anymore. As I have mentioned before, I am not a 1911 guy. Not because I have anything against them, I had just never owned one before. Buying the Ruger was probably a mistake. I know better than to just shop price, and apparently this applies even more so to 1911's. Many of you have probably heard my whining about this gun for quite a while now. It has never been right. The biggest problem was reliability. It was lucky to get through one mag without a stoppage. And yes that was with good mags. Another problem was the ill fitted Wilson Ambi safety I had installed by a local gun butcher. After hearing so much good stuff about AllenM and just watching this gun sit because it was to frustrating to shoot, I decided to take the plunge and have it worked on.

Let me start by saying Allen was a joy to work with. Customer service like his is rare these days. It is a three hour drive for me to Avon, so getting the gun to him was my first concern. He graciously offered to meet me at Parabellum before one of our Managing Confrontation classes. We had previously communicated what I wanted done via pm here, but he made sure to write everything down again and go over the fine points with me when he picked the gun up. It wasn't long before I heard from him with a list of the issues and his recommended fixes.

Remember the previously mentioned local gun butcher? Well when he installed the Wilson safety he not only didn't fit it, but he left out a piece. I am not even sure how it still worked? It was very loose with no positive engagement. It snows snicks on and off in a very positive and satisfying manner. Allen also fitted a new barrel bushing, slide stop, and front sight. Along the way he worked some machining magic to improve reliability and trigger. He communicated with me throughout the process giving his input and accepting mine.