PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween!

KevH
10-31-2012, 08:55 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/KevH/DSC01151.jpg

Happy Halloween!

nycnoob
10-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Its not Holloween here yet. NJ Governor Christie postponed it by executive order:

Christie orders Halloween in N.J. postponed until Monday
(http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/10/christie_orders_halloween_post.html)

LHS
10-31-2012, 09:55 PM
I was stoked for this Halloween. My son, who just turned 5, finally decided he wanted to go trick-or-treating. We made him a slick little Batman costume, and he was hyped up for days ahead of time. My wife and I took him on a nice walk around our new neighborhood, meeting a lot of friendly neighbors. One family even rented a giant inflatable bouncy-slide for the kids to just play with on their way through the neighborhood. It was really awesome.

Then we came home and found the bowl we'd set out with candy for the kids had been stolen. They didn't just empty out the candy, they took the whole damn stainless steel mixing bowl. I sat out for another few minutes while the boy got ready for his bath, and handed out candy. I noticed that the neighborhood kids had all pretty much packed it in, but there were hordes of kids being driven through the neighborhood in cars. Few if any of them spoke, they just came up and held out the sacks, buckets, whatever. Half of them weren't even wearing passable costumes. At that point I called it a night, turned off the porch light, and started bathtime for the boy. Lo and behold, some little kids ring my doorbell. Repeatedly. Even though all the lights are off in the front of the house. After about 5 rings, I went to the door, and it's more of the bussed-in kids with no costumes, just holding out their bags. I said "Sorry, we're all out of candy", and they just looked at me uncomprehending. "No mas." That got an understanding nod and they went away muttering something under their breath. Five minutes later, repeat the whole thing.

Stay classy, Phoenix...

SecondsCount
10-31-2012, 11:22 PM
Cool pic KevH.

My boys are too grown up for Halloween but those were some fun times.

TGS
11-01-2012, 12:27 AM
I was stoked for this Halloween. My son, who just turned 5, finally decided he wanted to go trick-or-treating. We made him a slick little Batman costume, and he was hyped up for days ahead of time. My wife and I took him on a nice walk around our new neighborhood, meeting a lot of friendly neighbors. One family even rented a giant inflatable bouncy-slide for the kids to just play with on their way through the neighborhood. It was really awesome.

Then we came home and found the bowl we'd set out with candy for the kids had been stolen. They didn't just empty out the candy, they took the whole damn stainless steel mixing bowl. I sat out for another few minutes while the boy got ready for his bath, and handed out candy. I noticed that the neighborhood kids had all pretty much packed it in, but there were hordes of kids being driven through the neighborhood in cars. Few if any of them spoke, they just came up and held out the sacks, buckets, whatever. Half of them weren't even wearing passable costumes. At that point I called it a night, turned off the porch light, and started bathtime for the boy. Lo and behold, some little kids ring my doorbell. Repeatedly. Even though all the lights are off in the front of the house. After about 5 rings, I went to the door, and it's more of the bussed-in kids with no costumes, just holding out their bags. I said "Sorry, we're all out of candy", and they just looked at me uncomprehending. "No mas." That got an understanding nod and they went away muttering something under their breath. Five minutes later, repeat the whole thing.

Stay classy, Phoenix...

That was uber depressing. Fortunately the families in my neighborhood understand Halloween, even though half of them don't speak English.

Zhurdan
11-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Nah, people are never too grown up for Halloween.it's my favorite holiday. No pretense, no expectations. Just people who want to be young at heart. Perhaps a different venue, but fun all the same.

SecondsCount
11-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Nah, people are never too grown up for Halloween.it's my favorite holiday. No pretense, no expectations. Just people who want to be young at heart. Perhaps a different venue, but fun all the same.

Should of said they were too old to be into the trick or treat part of Halloween. It is their decision, not mine.

I saw this on another forum and thought you might enjoy-

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/522293_4912200486852_1524325587_n.jpg

Vinh
11-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Those apples are totally awesome.