PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 590S brain storming

awp_101
09-23-2023, 12:05 PM
I'm planning on a 590S Shockwave "eventually"™. I noticed my local pusher can also get the 18.5" Shockwave (https://www.mossberg.com/590s-shockwave-51600.html) (for restricted states I guess?) and those run ~$100 less than the stocked versions of the 18.5" and 20" 590S.

If I'm already planning on replacing the furniture with Magpul, I can't think of any reason to pass one up when I get ready to add another full size shotgun to the the safe. I don't get the convenience of a factory supplied optic mount but that's not a deal breaker with the aftermarket options that are out there.

Is there something I'm missing or not taking into consideration?

Pnut
09-23-2023, 05:52 PM
Are your intentions to keep it a shotgun with the 18” barrel, or to eventually turn it into an OG short barrel Shockwave? If so, then you might want to check your local laws. If it the gun is registered as whatever kind of gun the real Shockwave is considered, then you should be ok. If it is simply a shotgun with a pistol grip, then you might run into some legal issues.

awp_101
09-23-2023, 07:00 PM
Yes, I'd be sticking with the 18.5" barrel and just swapping the furniture. When I get a 14" Shockwave, I'll be keeping it at such or SBSing it.