PDA

View Full Version : New HK SFP9 CC

Archer1440
09-14-2023, 05:12 PM
Optics ready. But no schedule for USA import, if that proves to even be possible given the size and related GCA regulations.

RAM Engineer
09-15-2023, 08:33 AM
1. Glad to see the paddle on there.
2. I bet the right side has a slide release lever that is two inches long for some esoteric reason.
3. Sig has proven the viability and market demand for a manual safety on this class of gun, and I'm surprised no one is following suit. I'm not surprised in this case though.

MattyD380
09-15-2023, 09:09 AM
1. Glad to see the paddle on there.
2. I bet the right side has a slide release lever that is two inches long for some esoteric reason.
3. Sig has proven the viability and market demand for a manual safety on this class of gun, and I'm surprised no one is following suit. I'm not surprised in this case though.

I'd be interested if they offered a manual safety. Or a trigger situation heavy/long enough to pass for a real double-action.

Archer1440
09-15-2023, 09:50 AM
Presuming that it's even possible to import these (maybe they can do what they do with the HK45, USA frames and imported other parts) -

The European spec will be available with either the TR trigger (German police spec, longer and heavier) or the lighter and shorter SF trigger (what we get on the VP9 now).

The pistol will also be available in an ambi setup, or a slimmer lower-profile "Shape" specification, with RH dominant controls. Several backstraps, including non-beavertail, are planned.

I haven't seen any indication of a manual safety, but then again the SFP9 was supposed to be available with that and I never saw one in the flesh.

If this gets imported, I would guess that we would likely see a VP9CC with optic cut, paddle release, the standard ambi setup, the SF trigger, and two mag options (10 flat and 13 extendo) similar to what you see on a 365, double-to-single stack. It also appears to me that a different design optics mount plate would be needed.

If HK were good at bringing all the Euro toys over here, which would be a change to be sure, I would see a B model coming, or even a B frame that can accept the FCG and top end.

breakingtime91
09-15-2023, 10:27 AM
Hey hk, a single stack p2000 would be the shit.. redo the grip a little.

MTP
09-15-2023, 10:43 AM
The last couple of pages in this HK paper (https://www.heckler-koch.com/Downloads/Fachpublikationen/EN/2022-02%20Polizeipraxis-HK%20SFP9%20Eine%20System-Familie-EN.pdf.pdf) are about the SFP9CC and how the concept was developed.

If you have the time, the entire paper is a pretty good read as well.

Towards the end of the recent TFB video about the SFP9CC, german dude also mentions there will be 2 frames, with and without rail. He also says you can move the trigger pack from one to the other, and that this is a first for HK. So we might be looking at a serialized chassis too.

MTP
09-15-2023, 10:47 AM
Oh, and also from the paper linked above (which is from early 2022 btw): There will be a variant with heel magazine release :D:

Heel, especially for users who prioritize maximum risk reduction against unintentional magazine release (especially when carried concealed without a holster) over quick magazine changes.

hk45
09-15-2023, 06:48 PM
This segment seems overly crowded with great offerings. I may be missing it, but what would the VP9CC offer that isn't already available on the market now? Greater reliability? Less felt recoil?

Navin Johnson
09-15-2023, 07:00 PM
This segment seems overly crowded with great offerings. I may be missing it, but what would the VP9CC offer that isn't already available on the market now? Greater reliability? Less felt recoil?

IN a world of simpler and inexpensive HK will bring cost, complexity, lack of accessories, mags that are more $ than 365's, and likely something proprietary.....Also likely well vetted, reliable, a trigger guard that can be used with gloves, and durable.

YVK
09-15-2023, 07:09 PM
Outstanding demonstration of muzzle discipline and treating all guns as loaded on that pic. HK photos never disappoint to fail.

MTP
09-15-2023, 07:12 PM

This, like most other Euro gun designs, was very likely designed to meet the requirements of professional users or even a specific RFP (eg. the niche requirement of the heel mag release model, and many other things detailed in the paper linked above).

The fact that the US civilian market is already crowded with somewhat similar designs was probably not a factor for HK. I would be surprised if they considered US civilian sales at all when designing it.

MGW
09-16-2023, 10:53 AM
I would buy one. Probably two.

About this market segment being overly crowded. Demand drives the market. So why not jump in?

elgrecoski
09-16-2023, 01:59 PM
Looks slippery. HK's grip texture downgrade continues.

Notorious E.O.C.
09-16-2023, 04:12 PM

A paddle mag release that isn't attached to the cinder-block-dragged-through-a-sandbox trigger of a first-generation Walther PPS?

frozentundra
09-18-2023, 08:42 AM
A paddle mag release that isn't attached to the cinder-block-dragged-through-a-sandbox trigger of a first-generation Walther PPS?

The plate system in the above picture looks pretty unique as well. They also look to have a fairly unique take on the modular backstrap situation that appears to really address trigger reach in a more fundamental way than I'm used to seeing, I think. And there are cocking wings/ears on the back of the slide.

Not a list of completely novel attributes, but certainly a feature set that doesn't exist on any current micro size offerings that I am aware of. Hopefully they bring it to US market before Sig invents a revolutionary new laser pistol that will randomly discharge when disco music is played at too high a volume.

GJM
09-18-2023, 03:45 PM
I bet SA has a micro to market with the Echelon's feature set before HK releases this.

psalms144.1
09-18-2023, 06:46 PM
I bet SA has a micro to market with the Echelon's feature set before HK releases this.Isn't the Echelon fundamentally just a super-sized Hellcat? If so, Springfield already did it!

Greg Bell
09-18-2023, 08:26 PM
Looks interesting to me. I like the smooth side panels. I've never understood IWB micro guns with super grabby side panels. I think it will bring out of the box reliability from the beginning, without the public beta testing of SIG.

YVK
09-18-2023, 08:59 PM
Hopefully Doc_Glock would find a small enough mallet to fit the HK CC for that...thing... testing.

RJ
12-27-2023, 07:14 AM
Anybody have any intel about when these are releasing in the USA?

Noah
12-27-2023, 07:38 AM
Anybody have any intel about when these are releasing in the USA?

I heard somewhere not until 2025.

I'm being lazy, was the fairly wild rumor that it takes VP9/P30 series mags disproven?

Oldherkpilot
12-27-2023, 08:13 AM
Outstanding demonstration of muzzle discipline and treating all guns as loaded on that pic. HK photos never disappoint to fail.

If you look closely, you can make out the fingerless Kevlar glove he's wearing.😉

7enderbender
12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
I’ve been following along and looking forward to this being released since the first photos showed up. I don’t get why so many people complain about the features or claim that it’s in a “crowded segment”.
To me this checks all the boxes:
Small for concealed carry
Good capacity
Paddle release
No “safety”
Smooth grip
Optics ready without adding bulk
Made in Germany
It’s an Hk
9mm striker fired, no hammer

There is nothing right now that does all that. Not one gun. I still carry my Version 1 Walther PPS for that reason. Yes, the Sig 365 is close but still not the same quality as a German gun, no paddle release and somewhat pesky to clean and take apart. It’s a great concept and my wife has one since she is a lefty and it works well for that. But this HK would likely be better all around.

spyderco monkey
02-28-2024, 05:53 AM
A bit more info from EnforceTac 2024. So far a Polish website is first to publish:

https://milmag.pl/heckler-koch-na-targach-enforce-tac-2024/

https://milmag.pl/2021/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/001-28.jpg

https://milmag.pl/2021/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/003-24.jpg

Modular with 10rd flush / 12rd extended mag - yes please.

https://milmag.pl/2021/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/004-24.jpg

We will probably find out more in next few days as blogs catch up with the show.

Archer1440
02-28-2024, 12:22 PM
I expect the only way we will see this is if HK-USA starts making the frames (as they do for the HK45) due to GCA points restrictions.

littlejerry
02-28-2024, 01:00 PM
I expect the only way we will see this is if HK-USA starts making the frames (as they do for the HK45) due to GCA points restrictions.

It looks like a modular chassis similar to the P365. They would only need to make the serialized chassis stateside.

WobblyPossum
02-28-2024, 01:43 PM
How do serialized chassis guns work within the GCA? Could HK USA just import everything from Germany unassembled and then slap it all together here? The chassis is the firearm but it’s not really a handgun until it’s assembled as one, kind of how an AR-15 lower is neither a rifle nor a handgun at the point of transfer.

Polecat
02-28-2024, 02:29 PM
I think its modularity is key. May hint at future HK designs i.e. possible chassis systems. These were supposed to release back at a “special” WOFT / HK Pro training shindig in Florida wherein the new design was supposed to debut with special range session and armorer course. Then NADA, then next year NADA. Today, NADA. There was a leaked pic of the butt of the gun which resembled the original posted “patent”drawing. It is different than the current design. My guess is it was either it was a single stack and they realized they were behind the curve like the Apx carry and P10m, or maybe it was the elusive “HK3” a supposed .380 with actual cataloged SKU, but never came?

I am looking forward to the HK and Walther micro. For now, I love my G43x and Hellcat.

HeavyDuty
02-28-2024, 07:14 PM
I hope they are wildly successful so they create something similar in the P30 line. No SCD makes the HK strikers a no-go for me, gimme hammer fired LEM. A boy can dream…

frozentundra
02-28-2024, 11:33 PM
That optic cut looks very deep. Quite cool.

RAM Engineer
02-29-2024, 09:23 AM
I'm surprised in all their menu of options (and given their USP history), that there is no manual safety option.

Beat Trash
02-29-2024, 09:41 AM
I'm excited to see three different size grip inserts. This is something I wish was a factory option for many of the current micro 9mm's so they would fit those with larger hands.

jeep45238
02-29-2024, 09:53 AM
I'm surprised in all their menu of options (and given their USP history), that there is no manual safety option.

Given the lack of one on the VP9 here in the states, I'm not surprised.

jh9
02-29-2024, 09:59 AM
A bit more info from EnforceTac 2024. So far a Polish website is first to publish:
https://milmag.pl/2021/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/001-28.jpg

That isn't just a trigger safety dingus. It's apparently got a description but it's tiny and I don't read Polish(?). But in spite of sharing the SFP designation this certainly doesn't appear to just be a VP9 trigger.

fly out
02-29-2024, 11:34 AM
The trigger note is in German and it says two things about it, the second of which is basically "short reset." I tried sharpening the image but I couldn't get enough fidelity to make out all of the first line.

MTP
02-29-2024, 12:55 PM
The trigger note is in German and it says two things about it, the second of which is basically "short reset." I tried sharpening the image but I couldn't get enough fidelity to make out all of the first line.

The first part says "abzug mit leichtem abzugsgewicht"

Trigger with light trigger weight - light trigger pull

P30
02-29-2024, 02:27 PM
German is my native language but the text on the left side of the brochure does not make much sense to me. It says, you can choose between different grip frames ("Griffstücke"). But I see only one grip frame in the pictures. The rest is obvious via the pictures: Different backstraps, different magazine sizes, optics-ready.

MTP
02-29-2024, 02:30 PM
German is my native language but the text on the left side of the brochure does not make much sense to me. It says, you can choose between different grip frames ("Griffstücke"). But I see only one grip frame in the pictures. The rest is obvious via the pictures: Different backstraps, different magazine sizes, optics-ready.

I know the translation is technically incorrect, but for the purpose of this brochure it looks like Griffstücke = Backstraps. See right side of the brochure where all the backstraps are listed.

P30
02-29-2024, 02:35 PM
I know the translation is technically incorrect, but for the purpose of this brochure it looks like Griffstücke = Backstraps.
Yes, I agree. Probably a translation mistake. Normally, "Griffstück" means the whole polymer piece.

"Griff" = grip
"-stück" = piece

Backstrap would be "Griffrücken", where "-rücken" means back.

Jumme
02-29-2024, 02:37 PM

The triggermodule is a separate part, as being adressed. You can choose between a railed and non railed gripframe, at least that is the plan according to first hand info from HK at EnforceTac.

When you look at the bottom left pics of the regular and OR model you can see a railed and non railed gripframe..

Regards Jumme

P30
02-29-2024, 02:43 PM
When you look at the bottom left pics of the regular and OR model you can see a railed and non railed gripframe..

Ah, OK, now it makes sense to me. I agree.

P30
02-29-2024, 03:01 PM
the second of which is basically "short reset."

The first part says "abzug mit leichtem abzugsgewicht"

Trigger with light trigger weight - light trigger pull

Both correct.

PS:
Even more precisely, the first part says "SF-Abzug", where "SF" means special forces. Background: In Germany, the SFP9 which is very similar to the VP9 is available with two different triggers: SF trigger and TR trigger. The TR trigger fulfills a German technical guideline for police pistols (TR = "Technische Richtlinie"). The TR trigger weight is heavier and it has a longer reset travel. Perhaps the SFP9CC will also be available with two different triggers.

RJ
03-13-2024, 09:10 AM
Video from Enforce Tac 2024:

https://youtu.be/UjmFP_Ec8Lc?si=q3wJfu9UboIOZ_gp

I ran the video description through a German English translator and came up with this, not 100% sure it's correct as my German is pretty bad:

"The SFP9CC is the smallest version of the Heckler & Koch SFP series. The modular concept of the pistol allows for many different setups, from the Red Dot option to a very compact grip without rail.
Due to the conformity of the TR (Technical Directive), the SFP9CC is an ideal weapon for concealed carrying according to official specifications."