PDA

View Full Version : 5 shots to the chest = 1 tough kid.

Shellback
03-29-2011, 03:10 PM
A 14 year old kid shot 5 times in the chest by Brazilian police and keeps on going. Video & story here: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ceb_1301048335

I think it goes to show that you must shoot to stop the threat and train that way instead of a prescribed number of rounds.

EDIT: I'm not saying the kid was a threat, in fact, I believe the opposite.

David
03-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah but the kid apparently didn't have a gun to stop the threat facing him.

F-Trooper05
03-29-2011, 03:46 PM
I guess they don't have handcuffs in Brazil.

Shellback
03-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah but the kid apparently didn't have a gun to stop the threat facing him.

Very true. And from what I see they were the "bad guys".

SecondsCount
03-29-2011, 05:41 PM
I wish a full and complete recovery for the boy.

What caliber is issued in Brazil? .380?

jslaker
03-29-2011, 06:07 PM

Can't say with any certainty, but Taurus being domestic for them, PT92 series are common with the military, anyway.

SLG
03-29-2011, 06:54 PM
When I was younger, I used to be able to watch this stuff, but I have a really hard time with it now. Even reading the article the other day about the U.S. soldiers that killed that boy - I couldn't finish reading it. Watching video footage of bad guys getting killed is fine, but watching children and other unarmed people being abused is too much for me. Bad enough when they're 3rd world thugs. Much worse when they're U.S. soldiers.

fuse
03-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Holy handgun fail

Slavex
03-30-2011, 04:26 AM
doesn't matter to me who it is, innocent people being tortured, beaten, or killed pisses me off. These 7 clowns in Brazil have gone a long way toward making people down there hate their cops even more. I've got a number of friends who are LEO down there, it's a tough tough job. This kind of bullshit makes it tougher. Hopefully that kid and his family get treated right.

Frank B
03-30-2011, 10:50 AM

.380 is mostly for civilians. Policia Civil and Policia Militar are using mainly 9mm, afaik.

My biggest concern with this vid is, I donīt know the real context.
It seems, the policemen are the bad guys, but who knows....

TCinVA
03-30-2011, 11:07 AM
It's safe to say they are the bad guys in that one.

vmi-mo
03-30-2011, 01:39 PM
I dont know all the details of this video, nor am I calling anyone out, but some food for thought:

1)There are some bad 14 year olds in the world. Not saying he is one of them. But you never know. We dont have the context so its hard to say who is right/wrong.

2)The cops, from what it looked like, were NOT trying to kill him. I remember reading a report stating how some sicarios carry a 22lr or similar sized pistols to conduct field expedient enhanced interrogations (yah cause that shit works:confused:)

PJ

fuse
03-30-2011, 01:40 PM
It's safe to say they are the bad guys in that one.

Yeah. Poor kid probably snitched or something.

Shellback
03-30-2011, 06:27 PM
My biggest concern with this vid is, I donīt know the real context.
It seems, the policemen are the bad guys, but who knows....

Let me provide a little context for you. 5 assholes, who just happen to be on the government payroll, surround a young kid intimidating him while he cowers against a wall and decide they're going to shoot him multiple times in the chest.

We dont have the context so its hard to say who is right/wrong.

Seriously? What video are you guys watching?!? Read my statement above.

I hope they hang the bastards. Here's a report detailing the incident. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12857100

9 Micky Mouse
03-30-2011, 08:10 PM
I go to Brazil, a lot and it is mad violent there depending on where you go. The police do shoot first there.

I thought the German Police were something run in Brazil and see what happens.

vmi-mo
03-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Let me provide a little context for you. 5 assholes, who just happen to be on the government payroll, surround a young kid intimidating him while he cowers against a wall and decide they're going to shoot him multiple times in the chest.

Seriously? What video are you guys watching?!? Read my statement above.

I hope they hang the bastards. Here's a report detailing the incident. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12857100

That article doesnt help much.

Am I saying the cops were right in what they did, HELL NO.

Am I saying the kid was an angel and didnt have it coming, HELL NO.

For all we know that kid just sliced and diced up some fellow cops.

We do not have shit for context.

PJ

Shellback
03-30-2011, 08:51 PM
My intention isn't to start an argument with you but I can't possibly fathom how anyone can watch that video and possibly see any excuse for their actions.

That article doesnt help much.

It did say the officers would be facing attempted homicide charges.

For all we know that kid just sliced and diced up some fellow cops.

Would that justify or possibly excuse their actions? Contrary to popular belief wearing a badge doesn't give the person carte blanche and the expectation that they'll receive no repercussions for their actions. These assholes should be shot, badge or no badge.

I spent over 6 months in various locations through out Brazil from and will tell you from my experiences there that I will not be returning and recommend the same to people I know. I still have several friends who live there and communicate with them frequently and that is why I'm interested in what's happening in their country.

Another recent article: Nineteen police officers have been arrested in Brazil on suspicion of belonging to a death squad which has allegedly killed at least 40 people. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12489109

vmi-mo
03-30-2011, 09:09 PM
My intention isn't to start an argument with you but I can't possibly fathom how anyone can watch that video and possibly see any excuse for their actions.

It did say the officers would be facing attempted homicide charges.

Would that justify or possibly excuse their actions? Contrary to popular belief wearing a badge doesn't give the person carte blanche and the expectation that they'll receive no repercussions for their actions. These assholes should be shot, badge or no badge.

I spent over 6 months in various locations through out Brazil from and will tell you from my experiences there that I will not be returning and recommend the same to people I know. I still have several friends who live there and communicate with them frequently and that is why I'm interested in what's happening in their country.

Another recent article: Nineteen police officers have been arrested in Brazil on suspicion of belonging to a death squad which has allegedly killed at least 40 people. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12489109

I am not supporting of defending their actions.

But this kid probabley wasnt an upstanding citizen.

The cops probabley arent protecting and defending.

Vicious circle all over.

ETA: In my original post saying "right,wrong" was a poor choice of words. "Wrong/Wronger" would have been a better choice of words

PJ

Kyle Reese
03-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Death squads in the police aren't exactly uncommon in the developing world. They were pretty common in Iraq in 2006/2007.

vmi-mo
03-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Death squads in the police aren't exactly uncommon in the developing world. They were pretty common in Iraq in 2006/2007.

The Awakening=locals getting pissed off and killing everyone that pissed them off.

PJ

MTechnik
03-31-2011, 08:11 AM
I go to Brazil, a lot and it is mad violent there depending on where you go. The police do shoot first there.

Heck some of them do "moonlighting" as enforcers for local shops. Are you a jeweler and want that pickpocket to "get the message" with a broken bone or two? Just pay your local off-duty officer.

And that is before getting into some of the favela situations.