PDA

View Full Version : HK45c Grip Flex

SmokeJumper
10-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Just got my HK45c back from Bowie Tactical. The work done was a full 360 degree stipple/texture job. No trigger job or internal modifications were done. Today I got to the range with it for a test before carrying it again. It shot well, but towards the end of shooting the mags were not dropping completely free from the gun, they would hang up about halfway out. This was encountered with 8 different mags, some new, some older. I checked the magazine release and it was properly engaging the mags when inserted and did not appear to be hanging up on mags.
I then discovered that if I relaxed my grip slightly when ejecting an empty mag, the empty mag would drop free from the gun. I was able to isolate this issue when ring, middle, and pinky finger are tight on the grip, particularly the front strap of the grip. Bowie did not remove any material or do any reduction on the grip job. Do the HK frames flex that much? My older USPS 45c does not do this. I don't recall the gun doing this prior to the stipple job either. Has anyone ever run into this or heard of this issue. Could it be a bent hammer strut? This was very frustrating after a nice grip job.

1slow
10-30-2012, 01:49 AM
I do not know about HK.
My normal shooting grip on a stock Glock17,19,20,21 causes the grip/magwell to flex. If I remove the mag and stick 2 fingers in the mag well I can feel it move when I grip.
This has never in 22 years caused any problems.