https://youtu.be/zX6fdvnjvws

Bushnell RXM-300 Competition And Carry Red Dot For Your Pistol

New Bushnell large window pistol optic.

RMR footprint
Top load battery (2032)
4 MOA dot
Shake awake / 35,000 hour life
Can lock out dot intensity adjustments

Looks like an interesting entry in the budget competitive dot market.

Bushnell has MSRP listed at $299

https://www.bushnell.com/red-dots/rxm-300-reflex-sight/BU-RXM300.html

stomridertx
08-03-2023, 05:22 PM
4 MOA dot is interesting. The other RX Bushnell dots have had several reports of shifting zero on a drop so maybe they have that under control.
Bushnell's entire optic lineup is so weird and confusing that I have a hard time buying from them. Compared to Vortex, there isn't a clear distinction between lines and I just don't get what their current vision is. I know that the Elite line is well regarded, and the AR line are budget AR optics (with weird design choices like a FFP 1-4?). Beyond that, who the hell knows.

Utm
08-03-2023, 07:45 PM
I can't see why one would purchase this over a 507c as an entry level optic.

Lon
08-03-2023, 08:02 PM
I can't see why one would purchase this over a 507c as an entry level optic.

This is really trying to compete with the SRO/507Comp/CHPWS Comp, not the 507c.

Where are bushnells made? May be relevant to some folks if it isn’t made in China.

HCM
08-03-2023, 11:24 PM
This is really trying to compete with the SRO/507Comp/CHPWS Comp, not the 507c.

Where are bushnells made? May be relevant to some folks if it isn’t made in China.

I was asking about that. Apparently there red dots come from multiple places so hard to say.

Agree this is targeted at the Holosun and C&H Competition optics.

JCN
08-28-2023, 07:16 PM
I just ordered a pair of these. Clusterfrack

They already come with SRO tools and picatinny risers.

My plan was to trial these out on Steel Challenge long guns and when they come with all the mounting goodies already and two cost the same as one SRO... it was worth a try.

Will report back about sun angle.

I don't like the Holosun 507 comp reticles, so if the 4MOA works well (and I think it'll be good for Steel Challenge long guns for me) then I'll consider trying them out on pistols.

Lon
08-28-2023, 09:14 PM
I just ordered a pair of these. Clusterfrack

They already come with SRO tools and picatinny risers.

My plan was to trial these out on Steel Challenge long guns and when they come with all the mounting goodies already and two cost the same as one SRO... it was worth a try.

Will report back about sun angle.

I don't like the Holosun 507 comp reticles, so if the 4MOA works well (and I think it'll be good for Steel Challenge long guns for me) then I'll consider trying them out on pistols.

Where’d you order from?

JCN
08-29-2023, 05:37 AM
Where’d you order from?

I ordered directly off the Bushnell website.

Link is here.

https://www.bushnell.com/red-dots/rxm-300-reflex-sight/BU-RXM300.html

KC Eusebio has been crushing it in Steel Challenge and USPSA LO so at this point it seems promising. I know he’s a sponsored shooter and great shooters can make anything work but it’s still promising.

Worst case scenario, it’ll be just fine on a 22LR Steel Challenge long gun.

It looks big….

https://youtu.be/i8LW1Qajgy8?si=JsnATtwpDOWzUTAg

JCN
08-29-2023, 07:49 AM
This guy has mad skills

https://youtu.be/_kMCPvA1aZo?si=CYjQqhYU3yeKwOm7

Lon
08-30-2023, 06:42 PM
For those who qualify, Bushnell offers a NICE discount. LEO/MIL for sure. Not sure on instructors. May wanna reach out to them. I signed up yesterday and got approved in less than 24 hours. The price for this is VERY nice.

https://www.bushnell.com/vip-program

JCN
08-31-2023, 09:51 AM
Lon

RXM on right.

Larger viewing than the 507 comp due to the curved bottom

Lon
08-31-2023, 10:04 AM
Lon

RXM on right.

Larger viewing than the 507 comp due to the curved bottom

Nice. I’ve got more slides that need optics so I’ll probably get one at some point. The VIP program is hard to beat.

JCN
08-31-2023, 11:35 AM
Nice. I’ve got more slides that need optics so I’ll probably get one at some point. The VIP program is hard to beat.

If it handles low sun angle well, it could be a very good alternative.

The 4 MOA dot is a whiff on the small side but totally usable.

Less than 4MOA it gets harder to define dot edges with blooming when it’s turned up enough to pick it out from the surroundings in bright sun.

GyroF-16
08-31-2023, 04:08 PM
Following with interest.
And signed up for the LE/MIL discount, as I’m curious what the discounted price is.

With my SRO down, I’m open to an inexpensive backup for future problems that shares the same footprint.

Lon
08-31-2023, 04:28 PM
Following with interest.
And signed up for the LE/MIL discount, as I’m curious what the discounted price is.

With my SRO down, I’m open to an inexpensive backup for future problems that shares the same footprint.

You’ll be very happy with the $$

JCN
09-04-2023, 08:09 PM
Put it on a low rise Monstrum quick release mount.

About the same height as with the factory riser.

Higher than the 510c (likely similar to AEMS).

More vertical head position which should be decent.

jeep45238
09-04-2023, 11:08 PM
For those who qualify, Bushnell offers a NICE discount. LEO/MIL for sure. Not sure on instructors. May wanna reach out to them. I signed up yesterday and got approved in less than 24 hours. The price for this is VERY nice.

https://www.bushnell.com/vip-program

Thanks for the heads up.

JCS
09-05-2023, 08:55 AM
Picked one up using the discount. It’s too good of a price to not try it out. Going to put it on a metal framed CO gun and test it’s durability.

RAM Engineer
09-05-2023, 12:00 PM
This guy has mad skills

Actually not a bad advertisement for Canik either...

GyroF-16
09-07-2023, 09:30 AM
I broke down and ordered one…
With LE/MIL discount, less than half the price of a backup SRO, so I’ll give it a try.

JCS
09-09-2023, 11:43 AM
I could not get a false dot to show up using a flashlight. The same test with an sro results in a double dot every time. Will test outdoors with low sun angle to confirm.

Lon
09-09-2023, 06:33 PM
Just ordered one for my game gun. And a Timney Alpha.

BobM
09-11-2023, 09:13 PM
FYI Midway has some discounts if you buy a qualifying optic today. I just ordered a Bushnell red dot to fit my Shield Plus but there were several others available.

awp_101
09-12-2023, 08:38 AM
Looking forward to the end user reports. Bushnell optics are an unknown for me but somehow I’ve mentally equated them with Crimson Trace, Sightmark, Firefield (Fireforce? something like that), etc.

BobM
09-12-2023, 09:36 AM
I’m going to try one at least until Aimpoint comes out with a compact option.

GyroF-16
09-12-2023, 11:02 AM
Mine arrived yesterday, and I briefly examined it when I got home from a trip.
It comes with 2 lengths of mounting screws - I suspect that the shorter ones will be best for my LTT RDO plate, but I’ll do some measuring to confirm today. I’ll be interested to try it, and will report back here on impressions.

Lon
09-15-2023, 10:39 PM

Lon
09-16-2023, 02:32 PM
Didn’t like how high it sat on the MOS slide so I switched it over to this AIM slide.

GyroF-16
09-16-2023, 07:27 PM
I put it on my B92 LTT RDO. The dot seems a similar night-over-bore to my (still in Michigan getting fixed) SRO.
It’s made it through one zero/practice session, and one IDPA Match – a total of about 300 rounds very well so far.
The 4 MOA dot seems quite a bit smaller than the SRO’S 6 MOA and more like my MRO 2 MOA dots.
The Bushnell dot seems more like a very bright “point of light” vs the SRO’s 6 MOA which is more like a disk.
That said, it works very well for me, and maybe even makes it easier to find and track. Just noticing the difference in appearance.

If the durability is there, it strikes me as a good bargain alternative to the SRO.
(Ha - talking about durability when my SRO went down with +/- 3200 rounds on it…)

Basher
09-17-2023, 08:22 PM
Looking forward to the end user reports. Bushnell optics are an unknown for me but somehow I’ve mentally equated them with Crimson Trace, Sightmark, Firefield (Fireforce? something like that), etc.

Depends on what line of optic you’re looking at. The Elite Tactical line has proven itself to be quite robust in the precision realm. I run several older ET models and they work great. I’d definitely be interested in an ET RDS line based on their track record, but I also realize an RDS is a different animal than a variable magnified optic, so we’ll see.

Lon
09-19-2023, 10:19 PM
Did a little trimming on the ALS locking “block” and now the RXM-300 fits just fine in a 6390.

Lon
09-24-2023, 09:40 AM
This has about 700 rounds through it now. Haven’t cleaned the glass at all. A little bit of gunk from class the last 2 days, but not bad compared to what the gun looks like.

JCN
09-24-2023, 10:35 AM
This has about 700 rounds through it now. Haven’t cleaned the glass at all. A little bit of gunk from class the last 2 days, but not bad compared to what the gun looks like.

Any impressions of usability and the dot? To me it the dot appears less well circumscribed than a 6MOA which is to be expected and pretty similar to a 2.5 SRO dot visually which is plenty usable and plenty bright but I haven't shot it very much.

Lon
09-24-2023, 11:53 AM
Any impressions of usability and the dot? To me it the dot appears less well circumscribed than a 6MOA which is to be expected and pretty similar to a 2.5 SRO dot visually which is plenty usable and plenty bright but I haven't shot it very much.

I would agree with that. I prefer the 2-3MOA dots so it suits me just fine. Each of the days were sunny and cloudless and I had zero issues with finding the dot/tracking the dot. I even turned it down a bit for some of the precision work we were doing. I wouldn’t consider this as a carry dot, too big/squared off. But for a gamer/fun gun? If it holds up, absolutely.

Lon
10-01-2023, 07:03 PM
Well, my RXM-300 had a sudden loss of zero mid stage today halfway through the match. Finished with the BUIS. I thought the dot was completely out at first. After finishing the stage I went to the safe area and checked. The dot was still there, but you had to point the muzzle down about 45 degrees to see it. I’ll be contacting Bushnell tomorrow. Total round count was @800.

I wonder if it’ll do better on a frame mount. My buddy is gonna mount his on his open gun on a frame mount. I’ll report back after he’s got some rounds down range.

Not sure what I’ll do with the replacement when I get it.

GyroF-16
10-01-2023, 07:10 PM
Well, my RXM-300 had a sudden loss of zero mid stage today halfway through the match. Finished with the BUIS. I thought the dot was completely out at first. After finishing the stage I went to the safe area and checked. The dot was still there, but you had to point the muzzle down about 45 degrees to see it. I’ll be contacting Bushnell tomorrow. Total round count was @800.

I wonder if it’ll do better on a frame mount. My buddy is gonna mount his on his open gun on a frame mount. I’ll report back after he’s got some rounds down range.

Not sure what I’ll do with the replacement when I get it.

Great…. <S>
I’m at 538 rds, so less than 300 to go…
Let us know how Bushnell customer service takes care of you.

At least I’ve got my SRO back from Trijicon, so I’ll have something to mount up when it fails.

Lon
10-01-2023, 07:12 PM
Great…. <S>
I’m at 538 rds, so less than 300 to go…
Let us know how Bushnell customer service takes care of you.

At least I’ve got my SRO back from Trijicon, so I’ll have something to mount up when it fails.

I hope this one is an anomaly. I really like this optic.

JCN
10-01-2023, 08:22 PM
I hope this one is an anomaly. I really like this optic.

Thanks for keeping us updated. So far I haven’t been brave enough to mount it on anything other than a rimfire rifle.

Lon
10-01-2023, 09:11 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated. So far I haven’t been brave enough to mount it on anything other than a rimfire rifle.

The replacement may end up on a M&P15/22.

JCS
10-21-2023, 08:06 PM
Used it in low sun. It doesn’t have a double dot but it has tons of artifact. It looks like red specks all over the window. You can distinguish the actual dot but only if the index is perfect.

Not sure how I feel about it now. If it was good in low sunlight I was considering it as an SRO replacement (IF it holds up).

HCM
10-29-2023, 03:34 PM
Posted without comment.

https://soldiersystems.net/2023/10/29/bushnells-jessie-harrison-claims-multiple-uspsa-titles-using-new-rxm-300-reflex-sight/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=bushnells-jessie-harrison-claims-multiple-uspsa-titles-using-new-rxm-300-reflex-sight

Bushnell’s Jessie Harrison Claims Multiple USPSA Titles Using New RXM-300 Reflex Sight

Lon
10-29-2023, 03:56 PM
Update on my buddies 300’s:

The one that is mounted on the slide of his S2 died. Don’t know round count, but it wasn’t many. The one mounted on the frame mount on his Open gun is going strong.

Phred
03-17-2024, 03:15 PM
Any more updates on these?