PDA

View Full Version : New P365XL Optics Ready with 407K interference with JMCK IWB #3 holster.

Tannhauser
07-23-2023, 09:27 PM
I have a JMCK IWB #3 for a P365 I purchased a while back. I ordered it with a red dot cut, but I’ve been using it with a non red dot equipped pistol.

I recently picked up a P365 XL Optics Ready pistol and mounted a Holosun 407K. Immediately I noticed the edge of the 407K has an interference with the edge of the holster.

I assume the older design of the P365 XL, where the optics cut replaced the rear sight, the optic would sit farther back and this interference would be a non issue.

My intuitively plan is to use sone fine grit wet/dry sandpaper and slowly remove material until the optic has clearance to the edge of the holster?

Tony Mayer
07-25-2023, 04:08 PM
That will work, or we can send you a label and take care of it for you. If you want to do that, email me at sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks

Tannhauser
08-03-2023, 09:32 PM
That will work, or we can send you a label and take care of it for you. If you want to do that, email me at sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks

I appreciate the offer greatly, but this mod was well within my very limited skills. I sat down this evening and a few minutes with a coarse file and then a little more with some wet/dry 600 grit and the interference is gone. Now the Holosun equipped P365XL locks firmly into place.

ECK
08-05-2023, 03:57 PM
I assume the older design of the P365 XL, where the optics cut replaced the rear sight, the optic would sit farther back and this interference would be a non issue.

As you suspected, the red dot sits much further back on the slide of the older 365XLs. I just checked mine and it’s less than 1/4” from the rear of the slide.