PDA

View Full Version : Chinese mass attacks

Archer1440
07-10-2023, 10:16 AM
It's interesting to note that when there is a mass shooting in the USA, the BBC pretty much exclusively homes in on the demonization of gun culture here, while they take time to examine the underlying issues when a different tool is used elsewhere- with little focus on the tool at all.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-66150871

45dotACP
07-10-2023, 10:37 AM
Interesting.

"social revenge" would seem to describe these incidents well in the USA as well if those in charge weren't so fixated on calling it "gun violence" and trudging out an analysis with the intellectual depth you'd see in a middle school book report as to why it's really because of guns and not because of something going on with our young men.

Archer1440
07-10-2023, 11:10 AM
Interesting.

"social revenge" would seem to describe these incidents well in the USA as well if those in charge weren't so fixated on calling it "gun violence" and trudging out an analysis with the intellectual depth you'd see in a middle school book report as to why it's really because of guns and not because of something going on with our young men.

Yeah, precisely my point.

CDW4ME
07-10-2023, 12:51 PM
I avoid places where I can't carry; if someone attempts to deliver "social revenge" (or other physical damage to me) I'd prefer the option of addressing it with a handgun.