PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 856 Toro holsters

sharps54
06-29-2023, 11:42 AM
Any idea when, or if, these will be available for revolvers with the red dot mounted?

Pepper
06-29-2023, 12:28 PM
Any idea when, or if, these will be available for revolvers with the red dot mounted?

JM Custom Kydex. Tony added the 856 TORO to his list a few weeks ago. I have a OWB model on order.

sharps54
06-29-2023, 12:36 PM
Thanks, I was just asking as the website doesn't show it.

Pepper
06-30-2023, 08:52 AM
Thanks, I was just asking as the website doesn't show it.

I emailed Tony about the TORO and he took my order. Mine may be the first one.

Tony Mayer
07-01-2023, 06:58 AM
Guys, we can do red dot cut revolvers, however it has to be understood that they will have to ride high enough (appendix carry specifically) that the red dot is above the belt line, otherwise the dot will act like a wing and rotate the grip out or fight with wing to conceal the grip. I will probably end up having a red dot revolver specific product page so this is better understood. OWB 1 holsters can be made for revolvers as well and the ride height won't be as big of a problem. Thanks

jeep45238
07-02-2023, 02:22 PM
Guys, we can do red dot cut revolvers, however it has to be understood that they will have to ride high enough (appendix carry specifically) that the red dot is above the belt line, otherwise the dot will act like a wing and rotate the grip out or fight with wing to conceal the grip. I will probably end up having a red dot revolver specific product page so this is better understood. OWB 1 holsters can be made for revolvers as well and the ride height won't be as big of a problem. Thanks

Appreciate the clarification. The 3" 856 option says n/a with red dot cut.

Lester Polfus
07-02-2023, 02:32 PM
Appreciate the clarification. The 3" 856 option says n/a with red dot cut.

As does the option for the 2.75" Smith K-Frame

Tony Mayer
07-04-2023, 07:23 AM
If you want the red dot cuts, let me know in the comments then send me a pic of the pistol. I will explain how to pay for the red dot cut and the fact it will ride quite high. Thanks