View Full Version : Triple Action Handgun

UNK
06-29-2023, 05:59 AM
https://youtu.be/ecy53-3g-aU

https://youtu.be/Bt1Y69UNXMQ

https://www.lionheartindustries.com/

BN
06-29-2023, 07:39 AM
Wasn't there a conversion to that hammer down thing for HiPowers a few years ago. Maybe Cylinder and Slide made them?

UNK
06-29-2023, 07:43 AM
Wasn't there a conversion to that hammer down thing for HiPowers a few years ago. Maybe Cylinder and Slide made them?

I Dont know about that. The only thing I see on thr gun Im not too sure about is the thumb safety. I dont know they they didnt go with a more of lever type similar to 1911

WobblyPossum
06-29-2023, 08:25 AM
The Lionheart pistols have had that “triple action” feature for a while. It’s kind of like a LEM option in the sense that the mainspring is cocked but the hammer is forward so you have a little take up where the hammer cocks back before the trigger can release it.

RevolverJIM
06-29-2023, 08:27 AM
I think Col. Cooper's comment on TDA semi autos would apply here............

MandoWookie
06-29-2023, 08:44 AM
Is this something more novel than another Gucci-ed up Daewoo DP51, or is just a optic cut and styling change to the existing lineup?

UNK
06-29-2023, 08:47 AM
Is this something more novel than another Gucci-ed up Daewoo DP51, or is just a optic cut and styling change to the existing lineup?

Its an upgraded pistol the old models are no longer available, I think, and mfg is in the US not sure when that occured. Its also quite a bit less than Staccato or CZ DWX. Aluminum frame with weight more in line with a polymer frame.
They say on their website they do a constant upgrade model Im guessing that means as they figure out what the American buyers want they give it to them.

awp_101
06-29-2023, 09:01 AM
I don’t remember the manufacturer but that was the SFS-Safe Fast Shooting System. I had a MKIII that came with it installed from the factory. They are also available for 1911s. IIRC Stephanie B has or had one.

Daewoo was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title.

Jim Watson
06-29-2023, 09:03 AM
It is pretty clearly a development from the Daewoo; made in the colonies for cheap labor.

I saw an original Daewoo once. It was functional but would put me in a Who's on first confusion.

LockedBreech
06-29-2023, 10:05 AM
I wish I'd have picked up one of the LH9s when they were around. This one looks a bit busy for me.

MattyD380
06-29-2023, 12:52 PM

Yeah, these are basically gussied-up Daewoo DP51s. Which I see as a good thing—I like the Daewoo design. Which is very “Smith-3rd-gen-ish.” To that point, Lionhearts and Daewoos will even run Smith 3rd gen mags.

Here’s a post I shared on my DP51C a few years ago, comparing it to my 6904: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?31765-Daewoo-Lionheart-3rd-Gen-2-0

Initially, Lionheart just imported the Korean-made guns as the “LH9” series. Then they started manufacturing them in Oregon… and now in Georgia. As far as I know, all the small parts Lionheart currently offers are compatible with all generations of all Daewoo and Lionheart pistols. Which is cool. I actually put sone Lionheart G10 grips on my DP51C. Really a nice upgrade.

I like the DA+/ Triple Action system. It’s basically a single-action trigger where the hammer/trigger stay in the DA position. I get the best results when I treat it like a “zero tension” DA pull. Initially, I tried to snuck it back and then reengage the tigger in a single-action sorta way. That through me off.

TicTacticalTimmy
06-29-2023, 01:05 PM
The booth guy in the 2nd video did a terrible job of explaining/marketing everything.

This gun really interests me, and has since I saw footage of it at Shot Show at the beginnijg of the year. It potentially fils the niche of a thinner/lighter TDA option, while being a nice metal gun, assuming their specs arent BS.

I have yet to read about anyone who has actually run one, or even bought one.

UNK
06-29-2023, 03:22 PM
The booth guy in the 2nd video did a terrible job of explaining/marketing everything.

This gun really interests me, and has since I saw footage of it at Shot Show at the beginnijg of the year. It potentially fils the niche of a thinner/lighter TDA option, while being a nice metal gun, assuming their specs arent BS.

I have yet to read about anyone who has actually run one, or even bought one.

According to the website they are not available yet

https://www.lionheartindustries.com/

Stephanie B
07-01-2023, 11:47 AM
I don’t remember the manufacturer but that was the SFS-Safe Fast Shooting System. I had a MKIII that came with it installed from the factory. They are also available for 1911s. IIRC Stephanie B has or had one.

BH Spring Solutions (https://bhspringsolutions.com/). The 1911 kit really improves it as a carry gun, IMO.

Caballoflaco
07-01-2023, 12:03 PM
BH Spring Solutions (https://bhspringsolutions.com/). The 1911 kit really improves it as a carry gun, IMO.

No worries about having to push the hammer foward and possibly not being able to use your strong hand thumb only to put the gun back on safe?

Lost River
07-01-2023, 12:43 PM
Speaking only for myself, outside of relaxing at the range and generally shooting in a recreational setting, my handguns are used and carried for applications involving lots of stress. I don't want a handgun that is more complicated. I want one that is as simple as possible to operate during those times. I don't pretend to be the smartest guy in the room, but sometimes the simplest answer/choice is often the correct one.

TheNewbie
07-01-2023, 12:45 PM
Speaking only for myself, outside of relaxing at the range and generally shooting in a recreational setting, my handguns are used and carried for applications involving lots of stress. I don't want a handgun that is more complicated. I want one that is as simple as possible to operate during those times. I don't pretend to be the smartest guy in the room, but sometimes the simplest answer/choice is often the correct one.

That’s how I am. I’m not opposed to a decocker and/or safety, but beyond that, it’s too much for me. It would have been neat if they had simply updated Gen 3 Smiths, or made a polymer version.

I guess the sell enough to stay in business.

awp_101
07-01-2023, 12:51 PM
No worries about having to push the hammer foward and possibly not being able to use your strong hand thumb only to put the gun back on safe?

As I recall from my BHP 15+ years ago, pushing the hammer forward safes the pistol and resets the safety lever. I don't recall any need to re-safe the pistol with a separate action. I don't think so, but maybe the 1911 is different?

Caballoflaco
07-01-2023, 12:59 PM
As I recall from my BHP 15+ years ago, pushing the hammer forward safes the pistol and resets the safety lever. I don't recall any need to re-safe the pistol with a separate action. I don't think so, but maybe the 1911 is different?

Did you remember if you had any problems pushing the hammer foward one handed (strong hand only)? It seems like a good way to drop the pistol when I try it with my 1911 that has a beaver tail grip safety.

Not being able to put a safety back on quickly and one handed seems like it might be a problem.

Clusterfrack
07-01-2023, 01:28 PM

Well said. Same here. I had a chance to fool around with an earlier version of the Lionheart. If it was decocker-only, and dropped the hammer to the internally-cocked position, it would be a lot better IMO. Kind of like the Walther p99AS.

Stephanie B
07-01-2023, 02:37 PM

No. I’ve not had an issue with that.

Stephanie B
07-01-2023, 02:42 PM

I guess I don’t see the issue. On the draw, it functions to same as any other 1911. For carrying, the hammer is tucked away, and isn’t digging into my tops. Safing is pushing the hammer forward, a little, and then it clicks down and the thumb safety pops up.

Carrying a gun is a routine event. Shooting it, outside of the range, is a black swan event.

HeavyDuty
07-01-2023, 03:44 PM
I guess I don’t see the issue. On the draw, it functions to same as any other 1911. For carrying, the hammer is tucked away, and isn’t digging into my tops. Safing is pushing the hammer forward, a little, and then it clicks down and the thumb safety pops up.

Carrying a gun is a routine event. Shooting it, outside of the range, is a black swan event.

You don’t have to push it all the way to rest? I’ll admit to being fascinated by these for some time now.

Stephanie B
07-01-2023, 06:47 PM
You don’t have to push it all the way to rest? I’ll admit to being fascinated by these for some time now.

Most of the way. The hammer is sort of commander-style. With a GI grip safety, there's no hammer bite. If I was going to carry my BHP much, I'd convert it, too.

HeavyDuty
07-01-2023, 07:38 PM
Most of the way. The hammer is sort of commander-style. With a GI grip safety, there's no hammer bite. If I was going to carry my BHP much, I'd convert it, too.

I would love to see this demoed some day.

mrozowjj
07-01-2023, 10:50 PM
I thought this company went out of business. They used to have offices somewhere in WA outside of Seattle (I want to say Bothell or Monroe but don't' quote me on that.)

It's a neat gimick but that's kind of all it is IMO. I don't know what problem this feature "solves" so to speal.

okie john
07-02-2023, 07:55 AM
Daewoo was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title.

SPAS-12 for me.

Okie John