PDA

View Full Version : Recover tactical brace… um… stock… thingy

JCN
06-14-2023, 09:09 PM
So a while ago I bought one of those RECOVER tactical Glock brace things mainly to show that it wasn’t good.

But…

In the meantime free SBR stamps and I now have Glock SBRs…

So they offer a $40 upgrade to their brace…

Quite usable.

Bergeron
06-14-2023, 09:22 PM
I'm curious to see more development in this exact sort of "mondo-pistol" sort of setup, it's in a very weird sort of SWAP envelope. I think there's a lot of value in a folder with solid strongside cheekweld and shoulder position. Gonna shoot it in any matches?

G19Fan
06-14-2023, 09:54 PM
I'm curious to see more development in this exact sort of "mondo-pistol" sort of setup, it's in a very weird sort of SWAP envelope. I think there's a lot of value in a folder with solid strongside cheekweld and shoulder position. Gonna shoot it in any matches?

Flux raider doesn't t suck

Bergeron
06-14-2023, 11:05 PM
That's good to hear! I was looking at pics and wondering. I like the Glock pattern options in this kind of stuff.

SwampDweller
06-15-2023, 06:50 AM
I do like how the Recover Tactical thingie doesn't interfere with the slide at all, unlike the MCK thingie. I've always wondered if the MCK might interfere with reliability due to the charging handle piece being mounted to the slide and cycling back and forth with it.

Noah
06-15-2023, 07:45 AM
I do like how the Recover Tactical thingie doesn't interfere with the slide at all, unlike the MCK thingie. I've always wondered if the MCK might interfere with reliability due to the charging handle piece being mounted to the slide and cycling back and forth with it.

Nah, the MCK handle just breaks.

ssb
06-15-2023, 08:18 AM
What's old is new:

https://www.thearmorylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/article-what-is-the-artillery-luger-8.jpg

It's unfortunate that the NFA pretty much squelched development of the stocked pistol concept over here. Though I prefer a true long gun, I've always felt something like that made a lot of sense as a HD weapon for normal earth people. In the times we live in, a modern version like the B&T USW would also have a decent practical application for a school resource officer.

Jim Watson
06-15-2023, 09:25 AM
Looks better than the rig the local range had on a rental Switch Gun (Legalized as a "dealer sample.")

JCN
07-02-2023, 05:01 AM
The initial slide mounted optic was a little low for the cheek rest so bought the “glass breaker” attachment and optic riser.

Kind of interesting.

Good concept, poor execution.

The glass breaker attachment is flimsy and the optic rail is plastic.

Lots of ability to deflect the optic off zero.

So something you would use to “extend range” wouldn’t be particularly accurate at range.

I would take my short configuration MPX over this in a heartbeat.

The only advantage I see is being able to use higher caliber than I can get in an MPX for the weight.

I would consider it with a very tall slide mount optic.

Or perhaps if I shaved the cheek riser down I could use it on a normal slide optic.

jandbj
07-02-2023, 09:02 AM
Same logic I had to amnesty register a G34. Waiting for approval.