PDA

View Full Version : 3 gun or multigun scopes?

Little Creek
10-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Anyone have a Burris MTAC scope? What are you guys using for 3 gun or multigun competition on your AR-15 style carbines?

Chris Rhines
10-22-2012, 09:20 AM
If you're on a budget, the MTAC is a really good choice.

If money is no object, the Swarovski Z6i-BRT is the best practical rifle optic made.

If you're in-between, you might look at the Leopold VX6 Multigun model.

jar
10-22-2012, 09:57 AM
I agree with Chris. The MTAC is what I recommend to people starting out on a budget. The Meopta K-Dot is another good option in between the MTAC and the Swaro and its ilk.

archangel
10-22-2012, 01:36 PM
I just started running an MTAC in 3-gun earlier this year. The glass doesn't seem quite as clear as the high dollar scopes, and the magnification adjustment would benefit from having a cat tail on there, but all in all it's a solid scope for the money.

Odin Bravo One
10-22-2012, 01:49 PM

If money is no object, the Swarovski Z6i-BRT is the best practical rifle optic made.

Just got VX 6 in for T&E. I won't have anything serious to say about for it at least 3 months, but it looks promising. There are two models, a MilSpec and civilian. Seems to me no one other than military divers "need" the MilSpec version.

Lots of cool features.

I'll report back when I know something tangible. Until then, my apologies for piping up without results or feedback.

Go Ducks!

Alaskapopo
10-22-2012, 02:59 PM

I agree except I would also take a hard look at the Vortex 1-6 in the 1000 to 1500 K price range.
Pat