PDA

View Full Version : Instructions for becoming a site supporter...

admin
02-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Access to pistol-forum.com is free for anyone who wishes to point a browser here. With the exception of the private Staff forum and similar areas for special groups such as the site's S.M.E.'s, everything is available for viewing at no charge.

For those who wish greater access to forum resources, or just want to help keep pistol-forum.com running, we offer a special Site Supporter option. As a Site Supporter you get:

A mailbox limit of 1000 Private Messages instead of the standard 100 as well as the ability to PM up to five people at a time (standard is 2).
Ability to upload substantially larger avatars as well as animated avatars.
Ability to upload substantially larger profile pictures as well as animated profile pictures.
Permission to use links (email and URL) in signatures.
"Site Supporter" user title which can be edited to almost anything you want.
Fully customizable Profile page.
Ability to upload 50MB of file attachments to your account for sharing with others in posts or PMs. The limit for regular members is 5MB.
Permission to post in the FSOT ("For Sale or Trade") area. Regular members can read FSOT posts but cannot list items for sale.
Fewer ads.

Our goal with the Site Supporter tag is to provide some quality-of-life improvements for those who want to help sustain pistol-forum.com while continuing to provide complete access and service to anyone who registers for free.

If you are interested in becoming a Site Supporter, follow signup here:

https://pistol-forum.com/payments.php

Where you'll have the option of selecting a one-time payment or a recurring one.

For questions or to report any problems with the subscription service, please reply to this thread. And to everyone who signs up as a Site Supporter, we thank you!

--
The pistol-forum.com Staff

ToddG
02-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Congratulations to our first five Site Supporters who won lifetime subscriptions for being the first people to register at pistol-forum.com!

derekb
lairdb
t1tan
joshs
TheNewbie

ToddG
02-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Also, as announced over at pistol-training.com, we'll be giving away Site Supporter memberships at random to five people who register by noon Eastern Standard Time on Sunday 27-Feb.

If you pay for a Site Supporter subscription before then and get picked, you will of course receive a full refund!

JV_
02-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Awesome!

JDM
02-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Done.

David B.
02-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Cool!

I was going to become a site supporter anyways because it gives me a good feeling contributing to what I think is already the most useful shooting blog on the Internet and now possibly one of the best forums.

However, the cheap in me says to wait and see if I win first. :)

God Bless,
David

LittleLebowski
02-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Our five newest Site Supporters chosen at random for a free membership are:

416 — sabu71
382 — Chad
316 — jeffmoline
243 — p2000cool
59 — Tom Givens

Your accounts will be modified shortly. Congratulations from the Staff!

MTechnik
02-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Congrats, folks!

da6dspanburg
02-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Why am I always a day late???

Any way, congratulations

Bill Lance
03-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Just joined the "supporter" ranks.

Thanks, Todd for this forum, where Adults gather....;)

Bill

John Ralston
03-08-2011, 04:38 PM
And for any of you who have had difficulty trying to purchase with a credit card - you MUST have a paypal account. If you don't have an account you have no way to cancel your yearly fee if you so choose.

VolGrad
03-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Just paid to be a SITE SUPPORTER.

Thanks for putting this forum together. It's pretty much my go-to place now online.

The "benefits" said I could change the SITE SUPPORTER title to "pretty much whatever I want". How does one do that? I couldn't find the option.

Thanks in advance.

TAP
03-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Just paid to be a SITE SUPPORTER.

Thanks for putting this forum together. It's pretty much my go-to place now online.

The "benefits" said I could change the SITE SUPPORTER title to "pretty much whatever I want". How does one do that? I couldn't find the option.

Thanks in advance.

Settings
Edit Profile
Custom User Title:

JV_
03-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Just paid to be a SITE SUPPORTER.Thank you.

VolGrad
03-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Settings
Edit Profile
Custom User Title:

Thank you and thank you JV.

Now, I just need to think of something clever. :cool:

Shellback
03-18-2011, 07:53 PM
No other options other than Paypal?

ToddG
05-11-2011, 09:51 AM
We've had a recent rush of new Site Supporters. Thanks to everyone who has signed up!

JM Campbell
05-11-2011, 05:11 PM
All ways happy to support a great resource that I learn from daily.

I think you need a forum store for shirts, hats, and dodads. Just a thought.

Shellback
11-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Finally figured out my password to my frickin' PP account! :)

ToddG
11-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks for signing up, IRISH!

In fact, thanks to all 49 folks who've signed up. It's thanks to you that we've been able to do things like offer a pistol as the first DotW prize, support JulieG's $20 NRA donation quest, etc.

NickA
11-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Probably the best $ I've spent on gun stuff, from a cost-to-benefit standpoint. Thanks to TLG, the staff, SME's and other members.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mark Housel
11-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi,

I just signed up for this. When I registered for the forum LittleLebowski PM'd me and mentioned something that sounded like this, but for whatever reason I interpreted it as a "future thing", so I had not noticed or really looked for this before. :o

Thanks,
Mark

uechibear
11-17-2011, 10:51 AM
In fact, thanks to all 49 folks who've signed up.

I just signed up. Does that make me lucky #50? :cool:

I don't think I even care about the extra forum features I'm now entitled to, but here's such high-quality information here, I feel compelled to support this community.

Shellback
11-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks for signing up, IRISH!

Oh heck yeah, you betcha! (Fargo accent needed when reading) This is by far far one of the most valuable resources on the internet for gun related stuff and I'm happy to contribute.

LeeC
11-21-2011, 09:10 PM
One of the features listed for becoming a site supporter is:

"Site Supporter" user title which can be edited to almost anything you want.

Is this edit available only through admins by request?

LOKNLOD
11-21-2011, 10:35 PM
One of the features listed for becoming a site supporter is:

[/LIST]

Is this edit available only through admins by request?

Go to "settings" in the upper right, then choose "edit profile" on the left side of the page, and the first item under "optional information" is "customer user title".

LeeC
11-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Go to "settings" in the upper right, then choose "edit profile" on the left side of the page, and the first item under "optional information" is "customer user title".

Thanks LOKNLOD. Not sure why I couldn't manage to find that on my own, but it did the trick.

tmoore912
02-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks so much for this forum and it's wealth of information. I keep coming here many times a day, and felt that I needed to contribute by becoming a Site Supporter. Thanks VolGrad for referring me here. I appreciate it. Thanks again for a great place to get solid information.:)

JDM
02-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the support!

BaiHu
02-08-2012, 10:44 PM
I've been sponging off all of your brains for too long not to support you guys. I've practically made it a part time job to keep abreast of everything you guys talk about in hopes of becoming a better student and hopefully teacher so I can give back even more. Thanks to all of you!

bdcheung
02-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Finally put my money where my mouse is. $25.00 well spent for all the knowledge contained here.

VolGrad
02-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Thanks VolGrad for referring me here. I appreciate it.
No Problem Ted.

Question for STAFF ..... will we be notified when our original SITE SUPPORTER term is up and needs to be renewed? I am probably getting close.

JV_
02-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Question for STAFF ..... will we be notified when our original SITE SUPPORTER term is up and needs to be renewed? I am probably getting close.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?57-Instructions-for-becoming-a-site-supporter

Becoming a Site Supporter costs $25 per year, billed automatically until you cancel your subscription.

VolGrad
02-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Thank you sir. I didn't remember that part. Good to know for when it shows up on my CC soon. :o

Mark Housel
02-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Now to figure out and remember the CC expiration and sign up date intersections. :)

ToddG
02-09-2012, 10:23 AM
For what it's worth, PayPal will do that for you. If your card is going to expire before the rebill, you'll get an email from PayPal.

And again, to everyone, thank you so much for your support!

John Ralston
02-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Now you just need to get a PayPal alternative for those of us that WANT to support the forum but don't have or want PayPal ;)

Lon
05-16-2013, 07:10 PM
The option to pay w/o setting up a PayPal account doesn't show up when I try to pay. Any thoughts?

Lon
05-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks. I want to be a supporter, but won't do PP.

Lon
06-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Anything new on this?

Jason F
07-22-2013, 08:44 AM
FYI, I had an issue with my renewal. PayPal was saying that I didn't have a backup funding source selected (though I did). On the screen where it took me to renew my subscription, there were 3 boxes to select for payments: echeck, debit, charge card. I was unable to select any of them, ie, I clicked but the box would never get checked.

In the end I was able to cancel my subscription and start a new one without any issue. Not sure if it's an issue on PayPal's end, my PayPal account, or the link between PF & PayPal. But I just wanted to make y'all aware that I hit a snag when renewing.

thanks guys!

ToddG
07-22-2013, 08:55 AM
I saw all the status changes this morning for your account. It's unusual so my guess is that it was a PP glitch. If anyone else has run into the same problem, please let us know. Thanks for your continued support, Jason!

TR675
11-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Is the $25 charged by calendar year or from the date of sign up?

JV_
11-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Date of Signup - 1 Year Intervals

JRCHolsters
06-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Hey Guys, I just recently renewed automatically, but for some reason I am still listed as a member and have limited access. Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave J
06-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Gents,

I finally stopped procrastinating on becoming a site supporter, and attempted to follow the instructions at the beginning of the thread. However, when the link takes me to Paypal, I get an error box that says, "This feature is only available to Business and Premier Accounts" and the only option is "Return to Merchant", which puts me back at PF.com

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Dave

MD7305
11-28-2014, 01:38 PM
Got an email from PP saying my site supporter subscription had been cancelled by Todd. It also says I will not be billed for the subscription again. When I log on it still shows I'm listed as a Site Supporter. My subscription has always automatically renewed so I'm not sure if my year is up and I need to pay or if it's an error or glitch. Can one if you mods look into it please and let me know? Thanks in advance.

orionz06
11-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Likewise. I am gonna guess that there will be a switch to the method Tom_Jones mentioned above?

MD7305
11-28-2014, 01:44 PM
I figured so, I just wanted to make sure that some evil spam booger wasn't targeting me or that I had been banished!

MD7305
11-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Thanks, Tom. So subscription didn't expire just the automatic renewal was cancelled.

MD7305
11-28-2014, 01:59 PM
That's ok Tom, all seems well. If I have any issues I'll PM you. Thanks for your attention and quick response!

RJ
11-28-2014, 02:05 PM
I have a question: would in future the site consider adding a one-time supporter option as a permanent set up?

I would consider being a site supporter, but not on a automatically / continuing basis. For me, it would help to be able to review this annually.

If this is not something ya'll are interested in, no problem; just wondering.

Thanks.

Rich

LOKNLOD
11-28-2014, 02:10 PM
Same here - I thought Todd just finally got a belly full of all my nonsense :cool:

Tamara
11-28-2014, 02:41 PM
I like auto renewal because my chance of remembering to renew myself is approximately 0%. :(

Tamara
11-28-2014, 03:04 PM
With the current one time payment set up, I'm going to send out reminders to people 30-60 days before their site supporter status expires.

Groovy. :cool:

ToddG
11-28-2014, 03:34 PM
I wish PayPal had a way for me to mass email everyone, but it does not so here is the situation as others have figured out:

Now that ownership of the forum has changed (to make sure it is up and running properly when I disappear for months at a time), the money for Site Supporters needed to stop coming to me and start going to the new ownership. Unfortunately, PayPal doesn't have an easy way for me to move subscriptions to another owner. Which makes sense, just because you signed up to give one guy $25 a year doesn't mean you automatically want to give that money to whomever he chooses.

For those of you who just got a cancellation notice, understand that your current paid-for Site Supporter status is still in effect and will be until it expires after one full year since you last paid. At that point you'll simply have to renew under the new system as Tom explained above which should hopefully be a very minor inconvenience at worst.

Again, I wish there had been a more simple back-end way we could have accomplished this so you guys didn't even have to think twice about it, but that simply wasn't possible. My sincere apologies to everyone for any hassles or worries this has caused. You have my sincere thanks for being a Site Supporter, in many cases since the forum started almost four years ago.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to sign up as a Site Supporter. :cool:

David S.
11-28-2014, 04:36 PM
You might want to sticky that in the RR for a couple months.

WobblyPossum
11-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the explanations guys. I'm glad it was nothing negative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt O
11-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Interesting - I just got billed for an annual renewal and then got the notice so I was a bit confused. I suppose my renewal will just go for another year and I'll be prompted to re-commit 365 days from now?

Matt O
11-28-2014, 10:02 PM
This is a perfect example of why we had to do this. While your payment went through to Todd's Paypal account, his account is no longer tied to the forum software and your site supporter status didn't get updated and is still set to expire on 2014-11-28 (today). I'll go ahead and manually extend it for another year, but next year you'll need to follow the instructions in this thread to become a site supporter again. Does that make sense?

Yup, thanks Tom.

C45P312
11-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Glad I checked this thread before firing off some IMs and Emails.

I'll be sure to subscribe under the new ownership once my status expires.

LOKNLOD
12-07-2014, 06:00 PM
This is a perfect example of why we had to do this. While your payment went through to Todd's Paypal account, his account is no longer tied to the forum software and your site supporter status didn't get updated and is still set to expire on 2014-11-28 (today). I'll go ahead and manually extend it for another year, but next year you'll need to follow the instructions in this thread to become a site supporter again. Does that make sense?

Tom,
I was in my PayPal account today and this appears to be what happened with me as well. Renew on 11/20 and then cancel on 11/28. I didn't realize it had done it that way because my wife had left a balance in the account so I didn't see it hit any of my real money :cool: Let me know what I need to do. I can provide some proof as needed, just message me. Thanks!

RJ
02-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Finally joined today.

I have found this to be THE most professional, educational, and entertaining forum on the Gunternet. It is a privilege to be able to support it.

Rich in Tampa

JV_
02-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Great. Thank you for helping to keep the lights on.

John Ralston
05-13-2015, 03:33 PM
We've got too many Site Supporter threads in too many subforums (I really need to figure out a way to fix that). In any case, I just wanted to point out to the PayPal-adverse that paying by check is an option. Send me a PM for details. :cool:

Thanks goodness you finally answered my question...only took 39 months! :cool: I'll send you a PM

John Ralston
05-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Just giving you crap. I have still managed to avoid Paypal, so it's nice to have an option.

Wayne Dobbs
12-15-2015, 09:59 AM
I get an "Invalid Currency" message when trying to sign up as an individual. Got any hints?

RJ
01-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Just wanted to say January 2016 would be a good time to become a site supporter.

I've learned much over my two years here. That knowledge, plus access to the network of SMEs and nationally recognized trainers, is easily worth the small amount I've paid to financially support the site.

Highly recommended.

CakeEater
01-22-2016, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. Pistol Forum has provided me a ton of great info and is well worth the price of admission. Join up and chip in!

RJ
01-22-2016, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. Pistol Forum has provided me a ton of great info and is well worth the price of admission. Join up and chip in!

Awesome.

Gotta love those secret member bennies, eh? :cool:

PS Just kidding. :)

RJ
07-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Outstanding!

Stephanie B
08-03-2016, 08:40 AM
It's been brought to my attention that figuring out where and how to become a Site Supporter is harder and more confusing than necessary. That's no good at all.

In an effort to make it easier, I've added a tab to the navbar appropriated titled Support PF!.

That did make it easy. Between that, and the "Stupid Ads" thread, I figured, "oh well, what the hell."

Stephanie B
08-04-2016, 06:50 AM
Thank you!

You're welcome.

FNFAN
08-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Just re-upped. Thank you for all your hard work and infinite patience Mr. Jones and the Moderators.

DGI
09-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Just signed up, well worth the cost of admission for all the info and experience floating around here!

RJ
09-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Just signed up, well worth the cost of admission for all the info and experience floating around here!

Best place on da net, if you ask me.

Just looked and mine will expire in Feb. Will make a note to re-up for my Birthday (which is also in Feb. :) )

Erick Gelhaus
09-25-2016, 06:29 PM
And, while I am no doubt late, done.

alexdrake
12-08-2016, 07:55 AM
Congrats !!!!!!!

delkancott
02-28-2017, 05:45 PM
I was referred here from some members of another forum I frequent and figured I'd start right. Lots of reading to do, but support comes first. Thank you for hosting such a great resource.

Skroob
03-01-2017, 09:16 PM
What I gleaned while just lurking for a month or so more than justified the price of admission. Count me in.

tsalagi88
03-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Lurking forever, but now it's time to party.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

nate89
05-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Done and done.

RJ
09-27-2019, 03:56 PM
LittleLebowski et al - I have a general question.

Let's say today I wanted to give a site supporter Gift Membership. I clicked through using the "Give a Site Supporter Gift Membership" link on teh banner, and the web page that comes up is not resolving, in the sense that it never appears to completely "finish" rendering.

The attached image is what I see.

I have tried this on a laptop (Dell e6530 running Linux Mint / Mozilla Firefox) as well as an older iPad running Firefox. The symptoms are identical in both clients; the web site never resolves.

Any ideas?

RJ
09-27-2019, 06:44 PM
The URL that your screenshot shows doesn’t appear to be correct (which may be due to some random issue with PayPal at the time you clicked it — which happens a lot more frequently than you might think). The correct URL should be:

https://www.paypal.me/pistolforums/25

Thanks Tom! No idea.

Seems to be working now. :)

RJ
10-17-2019, 10:26 AM
Thanks Tom! No idea.

Seems to be working now. :)

I believe I put in a site supporter gift membership with a request several weeks ago.

I have not heard anything back in this.

Is there a way to confirm p-f received what I sent? I’m not so worried about ‘credit’ but I don’t want these $ to end up anywhere but in p-f’s account; hence the question.

Thanks!

LittleLebowski
10-18-2019, 02:17 PM
LittleLebowski is the only person who can answer that. Sorry.

Taking a look, sorry for the delay.

LittleLebowski
10-26-2019, 11:55 AM
I believe I put in a site supporter gift membership with a request several weeks ago.

Is there a way to confirm p-f received what I sent? I’m not so worried about ‘credit’ but I don’t want these $ to end up anywhere but in p-f’s account; hence the question.

Thanks!

Please PM me with your PayPal address and the details as I don't see it.

theJanitor
01-24-2020, 03:35 PM
LittleLebowski

My site supporter subscription didn't auto-renew. And I can't even send you a PM about it. Is there something I should do?

Kent

RJ
01-25-2020, 08:27 AM

Thanks!

Seeing this thread reminds me, I forgot to post back. My issue got resolved. I appreciate LittleLebowski looking into the payment; it went through, and I accomplished my goal of providing a gift membership to a member.

theJanitor
01-25-2020, 01:01 PM
It didn’t auto-renew because your recurring payment was to me, not LL. When I transferred ownership of PF to him last year I had to cancel all the recurring payments because it’s not possible to transfer them from one PayPal account to another — and PayPal won’t let you transfer accounts from one person to another.

In short, you need to go to https://pistol-forum.com/payments.php and signup again.

Done. Thanks, Tom

UNK
06-04-2020, 08:09 AM

Trying to renew my membership. No options for payment are shown. Clicking pay now takes me to paypal which keeps giving me the message that paypal is not working.

LittleLebowski
06-04-2020, 08:53 AM

Trying to renew my membership. No options for payment are shown. Clicking pay now takes me to paypal which keeps giving me the message that paypal is not working.

I will check into this today.

LittleLebowski
06-04-2020, 10:06 AM
I will check into this today.

This is PayPal being stupid and wanting to make sure that PF is not selling firearms. Working on resolving this today.

blues
06-04-2020, 10:08 AM
This is PayPal being stupid and wanting to make sure that PF is not selling firearms. Working on resolving this today.

PayPal, (PP), should change their name to PusillanimousPutz

LittleLebowski
06-05-2020, 07:57 AM

Awaiting resolution, I sent them a screenshot and a link yesterday afternoon.

Joe45
06-07-2020, 07:31 AM
Awaiting resolution, I sent them a screenshot and a link yesterday afternoon.I had the same problem yesterday when I went update mine. I usually use Tapatalk on the phone, so it wasn't obvious to me that I had lapsed. (I'm sure there was an email that I missed)

Tried again last night and it seemed to work just fine. Thanks for the great site and taking care of this!

LittleLebowski
06-07-2020, 01:13 PM
I had the same problem yesterday when I went update mine. I usually use Tapatalk on the phone, so it wasn't obvious to me that I had lapsed. (I'm sure there was an email that I missed)

Tried again last night and it seemed to work just fine. Thanks for the great site and taking care of this!

Yes, PayPal begrudgingly fixed it a week after I made the slight changes in wording they requested and explained that I am NOT the Lord of War, selling ghost guns online via PF.

Thank you for being patient and thank you for your support. UNK

UNK
06-07-2020, 01:49 PM
Yes, PayPal begrudgingly fixed it a week after I made the slight changes in wording they requested and explained that I am NOT the Lord of War, selling ghost guns online via PF.

Thank you for being patient and thank you for your support. UNK

Worked fine ty

FrankB
09-08-2020, 10:35 AM
My PayPal account was charged $25 in August, but I’m not listed as a site supporter any longer. Is it because the fee has increased to $30, and if so, how do I pay the extra $5? TIA60086

LittleLebowski
09-08-2020, 10:53 AM
FrankB don't worry about the $5, you should be fine now.

willie
09-16-2020, 07:47 AM
I woke up one day to see that I am a site supporter. I thought it was a gift but now think it is a clerical error. Anyway, I am glad that I am a supporter. I think I owe money because I may be a free loader. I must figure out a way to pay. I do not use PayPal. It's funny how things work. Yesterday I woke up to learn that I have a sister I never met.

Malamute
10-12-2020, 08:08 AM
Whats the usual lag time from making our supporter payment to showing as a supporter instead of freeloader?

Not a problem, other than the public humiliation, I know LL has a lot to keep him busy lately.

blues
10-12-2020, 08:23 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/2f0a3a618f8ee05ae1c75c6175d42b07/tenor.gif?itemid=4969023

:p

Malamute
10-16-2020, 06:27 PM
I tried to send a PM to LL with my payment info from the 10th, but since Im not listed as a supporter it said I was at my limit for messages and it wouldnt go. :(

Malamute
10-17-2020, 09:52 AM
LittleLebowski

Im stuck, cant PM or access stuff until site supporter status is updated.

Your Transaction ID:
63D579271M871864K Merchant Transaction ID:
Purchase Date:
October 10, 2020
Payment to:
Pistol-Forum
paypal@pistol-forum.com Payment from:XXXX

LittleLebowski
10-17-2020, 09:55 AM
LittleLebowski

Im stuck, cant PM or access stuff until site supporter status is updated.

Your Transaction ID:
63D579271M871864K Merchant Transaction ID:
Purchase Date:
October 10, 2020
Payment to:
Pistol-Forum
paypal@pistol-forum.com Payment from:XXXX

On it, been traveling for work, my apologies.

Malamute
10-17-2020, 10:01 AM
Thanks!

LOKNLOD
01-01-2021, 04:08 PM
Whats the usual lag time from making our supporter payment to showing as a supporter instead of freeloader?

Not a problem, other than the public humiliation, I know LL has a lot to keep him busy lately.

I just noticed mines expired but it looks like it auto payed earlier this week. LittleLebowski you're my only hope!

LittleLebowski
01-04-2021, 09:06 AM
I just noticed mines expired but it looks like it auto payed earlier this week. LittleLebowski you're my only hope!

Fixed, thank you for supporting this shitty place :D

LOKNLOD
01-04-2021, 09:45 AM

W00t!

This is my last interweb refuge. If this is shitty you can call me the Scatman.

Bratch
01-04-2021, 09:38 PM
W00t!

This is my last interweb refuge. If this is shitty you can call me the Scatman.

2 cups, 1 LOKNLOD

Inkwell 41
01-07-2021, 08:57 PM
Thought I’d make a commitment after spending most of my online time on this forum. Best place, and people, on the interwebs.

LittleLebowski
01-11-2021, 04:02 PM
Thought I’d make a commitment after spending most of my online time on this forum. Best place, and people, on the interwebs.

Thank you.

theJanitor
01-26-2021, 02:03 PM
Can I get my status reinstated, LOL? Auto renew went through yesterday. :cool:

Moylan
02-01-2021, 03:12 PM
Been meaning to subscribe. Finally did. Great site.

Skinner Precision, LLC
02-03-2021, 05:23 PM
1st post, new account, long time lurker with a question about the appropriate supporter status level. Would appreciate a PM conversation with an ADMIN to clarify.

Respectfully,

LittleLebowski
02-03-2021, 05:32 PM
1st post, new account, long time lurker with a question about the appropriate supporter status level. Would appreciate a PM conversation with an ADMIN to clarify.

Respectfully,

Incoming PM.

LOKNLOD
02-05-2021, 04:11 PM

Umm, and now I'm demoted again. What's up, LittleLebowski ?

EPF
02-10-2021, 12:00 PM
LittleLebowski

I got my automatic payment renewal notice but my site supported status isn’t showing

Thanks

LittleLebowski
02-10-2021, 12:03 PM
LittleLebowski

I got my automatic payment renewal notice but my site supported status isn’t showing

Thanks

Fixed, sorry about that.

LittleLebowski
02-10-2021, 10:10 PM
Umm, and now I'm demoted again. What's up, LittleLebowski ?

PayPal sucks, you’re good until March of 2022, sorry.

Wondering Beard
02-11-2021, 12:11 AM
PayPal sucks, you’re good until March of 2022, sorry.

What's the problem with Paypal?

It's what I'm set up with and I'd like to avoid the problems so many are having when it's supposed to self renew.

EricM
02-17-2021, 02:16 AM

LittleLebowski - Same thing happened to me, automatic renewal went through but lost site supporter status. I know you've got much more important things to take care of right now, so no rush, but when it's convenient to fix my status I'd appreciate it.

Whiskey_Bravo
02-17-2021, 09:02 AM
LittleLebowski - Same thing happened to me, automatic renewal went through but lost site supporter status. I know you've got much more important things to take care of right now, so no rush, but when it's convenient to fix my status I'd appreciate it.

LittleLebowski Unfortunately I am experiencing the same issue.

LittleLebowski
02-19-2021, 11:12 AM
You guys are fixed, sorry about that. PayPal has an issue with the old SS fee versus the new and won’t auto adjust it.

Wondering Beard
02-19-2021, 11:30 AM
You guys are fixed, sorry about that. PayPal has an issue with the old SS fee versus the new and won’t auto adjust it.

So, would it be better to cancel the old Paypal subscription and start a new one?

LittleLebowski
02-20-2021, 02:24 PM
So, would it be better to cancel the old Paypal subscription and start a new one?

I think so, but I’m in Wyoming on the ranch visiting my father and have limited access if anything goes awry.

Wondering Beard
02-20-2021, 11:38 PM
I think so, but I’m in Wyoming on the ranch visiting my father and have limited access if anything goes awry.

Then I'll just wait :-)

HeavyDuty
02-27-2021, 08:47 AM
Just checking - was some kind of supporter expiration message supposed to be automatically generated? I just noticed mine expired some time in the last day or two. Renewing via PayPal seemed to work, though.

orionz06
03-01-2021, 11:07 AM
Looks like my status isn't showing, inbox is way full.

LittleLebowski
03-01-2021, 11:22 AM
Looks like my status isn't showing, inbox is way full.

I think the Supporting Business only covered your bidniss account, I'll fix that.

orionz06
03-01-2021, 11:33 AM
I think the Supporting Business only covered your bidniss account, I'll fix that.

I did both.

Trukinjp13
06-02-2021, 08:57 AM
I’m also having the PayPal issue. It auto renewed but did not seem to take.

Doublestack45
07-13-2021, 04:27 PM
Looks like PayPal charged me twice for my yearly site supporter subscription.
Once on 5-30-21, and again on 6-1-21.
Please alert the unfucking department about the issue.
Thank you!

blues
07-13-2021, 04:32 PM
Thank you!

It's not a flaw. It's a feature.

;)

Clobbersaurus
07-14-2021, 07:22 AM
LittleLebowski Unfortunately I am experiencing the same issue as others above. PayPal took payment for site supporter on July 5th, but my supporter status did not roll over with it.

LittleLebowski
07-14-2021, 11:56 AM
Thank you!

Doublestack45 send me the email address you use with PayPal and I'll unfuck this. I've never seen that before.

LittleLebowski
07-14-2021, 11:59 AM
LittleLebowski Unfortunately I am experiencing the same issue as others above. PayPal took payment for site supporter on July 5th, but my supporter status did not roll over with it.

Clobbersaurus send me the email address you use for PayPal, please.

Clobbersaurus
07-15-2021, 12:12 AM
Clobbersaurus send me the email address you use for PayPal, please.

PM sent.

JohnO
08-01-2021, 02:25 PM
Trying to re-up now. Paypal giving me fits. I got the expiry notice last Sunday. Life has been crazy dealing with my wife's cancer care and getting oldest squared away to depart for her PhD fellowship.

Looks like I made it happen as a guest.

You paid $30.00 USD
to Pistol-Forum
Details
1 x Site Supporter (one time payment -- PayPal account NOT required) Subscription$30.00 USD
Item #: c20dccd36a42629125768441e9df5b0f

Totem Polar
09-23-2021, 09:28 AM
Hey LL,

Looks like something went south on my site supporter renewal. My auto payment went through paypal on the 21st August on my end.

Let me know what you need to get re-upped, when you have the time, and thanks!

Totem Polar
09-23-2021, 09:41 AM
Hey LL,

Looks like something went south on my site supporter renewal. My auto payment went through paypal on the 21st August on my end.

Let me know what you need to get re-upped, when you have the time, and thanks!

Thanks, speedy!

LittleLebowski
09-23-2021, 10:08 AM
Trying to re-up now. Paypal giving me fits. I got the expiry notice last Sunday. Life has been crazy dealing with my wife's cancer care and getting oldest squared away to depart for her PhD fellowship.

Looks like I made it happen as a guest.

You paid $30.00 USD
to Pistol-Forum
Details
1 x Site Supporter (one time payment -- PayPal account NOT required) Subscription$30.00 USD
Item #: c20dccd36a42629125768441e9df5b0f

I just checked, you're good and thank you for supporting the site.

JohnO
09-23-2021, 12:53 PM
I just checked, you're good and thank you for supporting the site.

Roger. I had it figured out that I was all squared away.

FrankB
10-06-2021, 08:01 AM
It happened again. My PayPal account was only charged $25 for renewal in August, and I just received an email stating my subscription was going to expire. Please advise.

LittleLebowski
10-06-2021, 11:25 AM
It happened again. My PayPal account was only charged $25 for renewal in August, and I just received an email stating my subscription was going to expire. Please advise.

I gotcha, don't worry.

willie
10-27-2021, 07:58 AM
Do ya'll take cash or primers or reloading presses as payment?

LittleLebowski
10-27-2021, 09:42 AM

Sure, make an offer.

Clusterfrack
10-27-2021, 10:15 AM

Sure, make an offer.

You don't want to know what I'm willing to do for small pistol primers...

EricM
03-30-2022, 12:30 PM
Sorry to bother you guys but I just noticed I didn't have site supporter access, although PayPal shows my recurring payment as having gone through February 13. I know I've accessed private forums since that date, but maybe not in the past week or so?

I'd love to see a lifetime membership option to support the forum into the future and never have to deal with renewals! :cool:

LittleLebowski
03-30-2022, 01:37 PM
Sorry to bother you guys but I just noticed I didn't have site supporter access, although PayPal shows my recurring payment as having gone through February 13. I know I've accessed private forums since that date, but maybe not in the past week or so?

I'd love to see a lifetime membership option to support the forum into the future and never have to deal with renewals! :cool:

Stand by on the first. I hadn’t pondered the last, but I thank you for the compliment, all kudos go to the community and the shitty moderators.

Doublestack45
07-12-2022, 08:06 PM
91473PF/PayPal has double charged my account again this year for the site supporter fee.
Once on May30th, and another on June 1st.
Could you look into it again for me?
https://pistol-forum.com/blob:https://pistol-forum.com/6152e04c-0a2b-44a5-8759-b589dac5dc3d

Chuck Whitlock
07-20-2022, 05:17 PM
I just renewed my Site Supporter status.
Can I get my TBL background back, please?

Thanks!

orionz06
07-24-2022, 06:53 PM
I renewed on auto but my PM limit seems to be still at 500. orionz06 AT gmail and info AT darkstargear were used.

BehindBlueI's
07-24-2022, 07:42 PM
I renewed on auto but my PM limit seems to be still at 500. orionz06 AT gmail and info AT darkstargear were used.

LittleLebowski

willie
07-31-2022, 01:08 AM
I head Cluster man was diverting funds. How else could he be such a high roller?😁

orionz06
08-09-2022, 07:39 PM
LittleLebowski

Bump

BehindBlueI's
08-10-2022, 12:44 PM
Bump

FYI, if he hadn't told you he had fixed it a few days ago, just your name plate display hadn't changed back. It's changed back now, as well.

LittleLebowski
08-10-2022, 02:28 PM
FYI, if he hadn't told you he had fixed it a few days ago, just your name plate display hadn't changed back. It's changed back now, as well.

Yeah, sorry about that orionz06.

orionz06
08-10-2022, 04:19 PM
Yeah, sorry about that orionz06.

No worries. Would be better if PayPal and the like worked, but it's the easiest way to roll.

Any way we can get the grey/green name thingy back?

Doublestack45
08-21-2022, 09:52 PM
Hello Mods,
I received an email stating that my site supporter status was set to expire on August 14th? My site supporter status auto renewed on June 1st, so I’m not sure what the email was about.
I can forward the email I received if needed to verify. Please let me know what’s going on.

BehindBlueI's
08-22-2022, 02:21 PM
Hello Mods,
I received an email stating that my site supporter status was set to expire on August 14th? My site supporter status auto renewed on June 1st, so I’m not sure what the email was about.
I can forward the email I received if needed to verify. Please let me know what’s going on.

Best bet is to PM LittleLebowski directly, only admin can deal with site supporter status issues.

LittleLebowski
08-25-2022, 10:41 AM
Best bet is to PM LittleLebowski directly, only admin can deal with site supporter status issues.

Fixed a coupla days ago.

RoyGBiv
10-28-2022, 08:35 AM
Trying to renew today.... Unable to avoid having to add a new payment method to the PP account I'm trying to close.

I've tried using an anonymous/private browser session on both FF and Chrome. Also tried using email addresses that I'm certain PP has never seen, while in private sessions.

Every time, PP knows it's me and sends my phone a code to log in to my account.

Can I send $$ via Zelle or some other method? I'm not going to add a payment method back to PP.

If I'm missing some workaround, please let me know the magic handshake.

Thanks! Sorry to be a bother.

https://media.tenor.com/469WCK6alysAAAAC/winnie-the-pooh-bear.gif

ETA... The prompt says to click the order button next to your preferred payment method..... but... I only see one order button... Am I missing another option?

admin
10-28-2022, 12:04 PM
Every time, PP knows it's me and sends my phone a code to log in to my account.

Can I send $$ via Zelle or some other method? I'm not going to add a payment method back to PP.

If I'm missing some workaround, please let me know the magic handshake.

If PayPal or your browser automatically logs you into your account, you can manually log out and be presented with the following that provides you the option to pay using a credit/debit card and not through your account:

Or at least that's what happened to me just now.

ETA... The prompt says to click the order button next to your preferred payment method..... but... I only see one order button... Am I missing another option?

That's just an artifact of how the vBulletin backend is coded. Multiple payment methods are technically feasible (although, PayPal is really the only built-in option that works in the US and doesn't require a separate merchant account), but that text is shown even if there is only one currently setup.

RoyGBiv
10-28-2022, 01:54 PM
If PayPal or your browser automatically logs you into your account, you can manually log out and be presented with the following that provides you the option to pay using a credit/debit card and not through your account:

Or at least that's what happened to me just now.

That's just an artifact of how the vBulletin backend is coded. Multiple payment methods are technically feasible (although, PayPal is really the only built-in option that works in the US and doesn't require a separate merchant account), but that text is shown even if there is only one currently setup.

Thanks...

There must be some crumb that PP is reading on my PC, since every attempt to pay from any browser.... even a private session that should not have any record of an existing logged-in session.... resulted in PP sending a code to my mobile, regardless of the email I used after clicking the "Pay with debit or credit card" link you posted in the above quote... I would click the link, enter an email address and it would send me a login code. That's not supposed to happen if I'm starting from logged out in a private browser window, I think. :rolleyes:

Ultimately, I was able to compete the payment on my mobile and PP didn't recognize me as an existing account.
Hopefully you received it...

Thanks again for your reply... :cool:

ETA: Just received this via email from PP

ETA 2: Seems I have a new account.... or something... Insidious... :p

titsonritz
10-31-2022, 11:23 PM
I would like to become a Site Supporter but I will no longer have anything to with PP, is there another alternative? Zelle? Visa? Money Order?

BehindBlueI's
11-01-2022, 12:15 PM
I would like to become a Site Supporter but I will no longer have anything to with PP, is there another alternative? Zelle? Visa? Money Order?

PM LittleLebowski and he may be able to work it out with you.

FrankB
11-07-2022, 09:44 AM
It happened again. I was only billed $25, and now I look like a freeloader. 🤣 Please advise on how to proceed. Jeez! I can’t even up a pic of the receipt. 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼

LittleLebowski
11-07-2022, 10:00 AM
It happened again. I was only billed $25, and now I look like a freeloader. 🤣 Please advise on how to proceed. Jeez! I can’t even up a pic of the receipt. 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼

I got ya.

FrankB
11-07-2022, 10:02 AM
I got ya.

The Dude Abides. Thanks!

titsonritz
11-09-2022, 08:25 PM

PM LittleLebowski and he may be able to work it out with you.

I got ya.

I sent you a PM regarding becoming a Site Supporter.

Lon
11-09-2022, 08:57 PM
LittleLebowski I PM’d you about some site supporter issues.

boing
05-08-2023, 04:06 PM
LittleLebowski: Sent you a PM about renewing without PayPal. Any options here? Thanks.

EPF
05-19-2023, 08:57 AM
LittleLebowski

Not sure why my site supporter status went away. I received a notification of charge a few months ago.

Thanks

Sig_Fiend
05-23-2023, 08:13 PM
LittleLebowski just added a Supporting Business + sub-forum subscription to my account. Didn't see any details on setup. Would appreciate a PM or email on it as I have something very cool going live within a few days. :cool:

EPF
05-31-2023, 10:13 AM
LittleLebowski

Not sure why my site supporter status went away. I received a notification of charge a few months ago.

Thanks

Hopefully someone will see this and help to fix.

Clusterfrack
05-31-2023, 10:31 AM
We are on it. Stand by.

LittleLebowski
05-31-2023, 12:08 PM
LittleLebowski just added a Supporting Business + sub-forum subscription to my account. Didn't see any details on setup. Would appreciate a PM or email on it as I have something very cool going live within a few days. :cool:

I really appreciate it. Almost done.

LittleLebowski
05-31-2023, 12:10 PM
LittleLebowski

Thanks

Good for 13 months, thank you for being patience.

EPF
05-31-2023, 03:45 PM
Thanks gents

Chuck Whitlock
07-18-2023, 11:50 AM
Just renewed my site supporter status. Can I please get my TBL background back? LittleLebowski

Chuck Whitlock
07-19-2023, 08:21 AM
Just renewed my site supporter status. Can I please get my TBL background back? LittleLebowski

Disregard. Figured it out via the search button! :cool:

JohnO
09-29-2023, 01:22 PM
Just renewed site supporter status. I noticed my status changed from Site Supporter to Member. I just don't like dealing with PayPal. Hence why avoiding the
automatic renewal.

Clusterfrack
09-29-2023, 01:23 PM
Just renewed site supporter status. I noticed my status changed from Site Supporter to Member. I just don't like dealing with PayPal. Hence why avoiding the
automatic renewal.

You have Site Supporter status on my end.

JohnO
09-29-2023, 01:25 PM
You have Site Supporter status on my end.

Yup I saw that when my post published. Happens quick!

JCS
12-31-2023, 10:15 AM
Somehow I got charged twice for site supporter.

I got an email saying it was expiring so I renewed. Then a few days later I got an email saying it had been automatically renewed via PayPal and I was charged again.

Could a mod PM me to resolve it?

JCS
01-01-2024, 01:47 PM
Somehow I got charged twice for site supporter.

I got an email saying it was expiring so I renewed. Then a few days later I got an email saying it had been automatically renewed via PayPal and I was charged again.

Could a mod PM me to resolve it?

Clusterfrack LittleLebowski

Clusterfrack
01-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Clusterfrack LittleLebowski

This is above my pay grade.
LittleLebowski