PDA

View Full Version : It never fails

will_1400
10-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Well, the good news is I finally decided to get 3rd Gen Glock 19 for my first pistol (all other guns I've fired were rentals or belonged to friends and family) and found one for a decent price. I go through all the loopholes to store my potential purchase in the base armory since I'm in the dorms/barracks right now and I make it clear that I intend to purchase said pistol. I come back the next day to make the purchase and the *CENSORED* store sold the pistol to someone else. So now I have to figure out if they'll place an order for me or buy a Beretta 92FS since the rest of what they have is junk or out of my price range.

Just have to love Murphy's Law...

pr1042
10-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm reading this as you are military which means you qualify for discounted glock a

HCM
10-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Glock (as well as S&W and FN) have pretty good personal purchase programs which include LE, Active Mil, retired Mil, Reserve MIL, NG, Firefighters, EMTs etc

A "blue label" G19 with 3 mags should run you $398 - plus tax and some real sights....

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=GLOCK-PI19502

RoyGBiv
10-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Please don't be too hard on the retail store. How many times do you think he's heard "I'll be back in a few days with my cash, I definitely want that", only to have the customer never show up again.? Unless you gave me a deposit and we agreed on the period of time I'd hold the gun for you, I would have done the same thing if I was the dealer. An actual sale beats the promise of a sale most days, unless there was some specific agreement otherwise.

Hang in there, you'll find another good deal.

And thanks for your service.

Al T.
10-18-2012, 12:58 PM
the *CENSORED* store

They may have unwittingly saved you some money. As noted, your Mil ID gets you the good price. :D

Dave J
10-18-2012, 01:01 PM
1. Ask if your gunshop is willing to do an "FFL Transfer" for you. Most will. Expect them to charge about $25 or so for this.
2. Have them mail, fax, or email a copy of their FFL to the firearms distributor of your choice, or get a paper copy of the FFL and send it yourself.
3. If you're going to pursue an LE/Mil discount (which I'd strongly recommend in your case), you'll need to verify your service status (usually a photocopy or scan of your ID card will do) with the distributor. GT Dist (mentioned above) and Bud's Police Supply have worked for me, although I don't think Bud's is currently doing LE Glocks.
4. Order the pistol from the LE distributor at LE/Mil pricing, they ship it to your local FFL dealer.
5. Go to the gunshop, fill out the 4473, pay your $25.

For the Glock you're talking about, $398 + $15 or 20 for shipping, and $25-ish for the FFL transfer fee. Done.

It's not quite the easy button, but it's close.

TGS
10-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Shoulda' put money on the pistol if you wanted it. You can always put money down on it to hold it until you get the rest of the money, copy of your orders, coordination with the armory, ect whatever is holding you up.

As for Blue Label.....

My experience from trying to help friends buy Glocks with the Blue Label program is that it's nigh impossible to actually get a blue label Glock of your choosing. At least in Northern Virginia it was. The only way one of my buddies could get a Blue Label Glock was to purchase it at a dealer in CA (who appears to have 99.99% of the Blue Label guns in America) while he was on leave and have it shipped back to an FFL in Virginia.

Hopefully that has changed for the better, because between 2008-2011 in NoVA, Blue Label Glocks were as rare as Hen's teeth.

Dave J
10-18-2012, 01:18 PM
The blue label discount worked fine from here, at least for the two occasions that I was involved with, in the same time period.

I think Glock puts limits on their distributors as to what states they're allowed to sell guns in under the program. GT Distributors, out of TX, for example, is limited to several states here in the central US, which fortunately for me includes KS.

I'd like to make some really humorous wisecrack about some people living in the wrong states, but can't come up with anything very good right now.

HCM
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
The supply of blue label guns has improved significantly. In 2008 some of my co-workers waited 2-3 months for blue label G26's - direct from Glock. It's my understanding that part of this was because Glock imports the blue label guns in seperate shipments, compounding the election related issues. I understand Glock recently began making some of the blue label guns in the US, which should help supply.

These are the only actual Glock LE dealers in / near NOVA per the glock website.

Atlantic Tactical (Safety League)
772 Corporate Cr
New Cumberland, PA 17070
Phone: (717) 774-3339
www.atlantictactical.com
Email: custsvc@atlantictactical.com

Town Police Supply
417 North Virginia Ave
Collinsville, VA 24078
Phone: (276) 647-4161
www.townpolice.com

Town Police Supply of Richmond
3541 Courthouse Rd
Richmond, VA 23236
Phone: (804) 745-6433
www.townpolice.com
Email: altpsr@comcast.net

HCM
10-18-2012, 01:45 PM
I've seen some some regular glock dealers get / sell blue label guns but the LE dealers get priority and normally have the best selection.

NavyPiper77
10-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Just to make some aware, it's against the law to photocopy current serving miltary ID's. I've had cell company, auto insurance, gun stores and others who give military discounts, and usually a signed statement by the duty manager of having viewed the ID will suffice after letting them know they can't scan or copy my ID. I received an 'All Hands' reminder message of that a few months ago. Just thought I'd pass it on...

Doc

Robert H. Bledsaw, LCDR FMF/SW, USN SCC
Commanding Officer
Pacific Central Region, 12.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will_1400
10-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Well I went back and managed to set up a good deal on an M&P 9 (400-ish after taxes and the Smith discount plus the manager cut me a deal considering the hassle I went through for the Glock). Should be arriving in a couple weeks.