PDA

View Full Version : I Love My MOE!

NETim
10-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Picked up my 15-22 MOE today. After mounting up the little Bushnell TR-25 on it, I headed out for the range. Nary a hiccup in over 300 rounds of Walmart Federal Bulk ammo. I'm impressed. The bolt face looks like a carbon flavored GummiBear melted on it but it still ran 100%.

I don't think S&W has more than $75 in these guns but what can a guy do? Either ya pay the price or ya go home. I guess as long as it runs, I shouldn't squawk. I can live with the noticeable machine marks on the barrel exterior. The trigger is much better than I expected and is entirely shootable IMHO. The ID on the endcap on the handguard is a little smaller than I care for though. It appears to me that the plastic quad handguard wouldn't have to flex much before the endcap would make contact with the barrel.

No, it doesn't have the charm of an old Winchester 63 but the M&P is an excellent understudy for the AR and that's what I bought it for.

SecondsCount
10-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Good solid guns and I would consider it the best "tactical" 22 on the market right now.

All we run through my sons is Federal Bulk and it is very reliable. Accuracy has been impressive as well.

Tamara
10-17-2012, 07:10 AM
The 15-22 is absolutely the best gun money I've spent since I picked up my 22/45. Why anybody would purchase that Umarex garbage instead of one of these is just beyond me.

EMC
10-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Good solid guns and I would consider it the best "tactical" 22 on the market right now.

All we run through my sons is Federal Bulk and it is very reliable. Accuracy has been impressive as well.

That gun is very fun to shoot. I love that the ergos are true to its big brother.

Al T.
10-17-2012, 09:24 AM
I sold almost every other .22 rifle* I had after I realized that the M&P goes to the range with me and the rest gathered dust.

*10/22, CZ 452, various Remington pumps and semi's, Marlin M39M, etc., etc.

Tamara
10-17-2012, 09:27 AM
CZ 452

Whoah! Don't you be talkin' no blasphemy, now! :eek:

NETim
10-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I sold almost every other .22 rifle* I had after I realized that the M&P goes to the range with me and the rest gathered dust.

*10/22, CZ 452, various Remington pumps and semi's, Marlin M39M, etc., etc.

I could not bear to part with my 39M, or my 121 or my 63 or my 75 sporter or my 62a's. No way. Such guns will never be produced again. Every time I pick one of them up, I am instantly transported to golden fall afternoons along a creek bottom lined with rustling oak trees, looking for red squirrels. Or maybe just beating up tin cans in the pasture. :)

Al T.
10-17-2012, 12:03 PM
LOL. :cool:

The 452 was fun, but as my only heir has only one (left) hand, the pumps and bolts were surplus.