PDA

View Full Version : SCT Mfg Glock 19 clone frame

Lon
04-06-2023, 10:20 PM
Been looking at these frames for a while, just to play around with. For $53 OTD at AIM Surplus, I figured why not. This is the frame Anderson uses for their Glock clone. Brownells sells them as well.

First impression is favorable. I installed an AIM lower parts kit. The trigger pull with the AIM parts is pretty nice. I did nothing to improve it, just installed everything. The AIM slide stop was out of spec, but a factory one dropped in just fine. It’s supposed to take Magpul mag wells. I’ll try that later. I really like the overall feel of the frame. Kinda reminds me of a Shadow Systems.

I’ve got 2 minor complaints. First, the mag release barely sticks out with a standard release. It really needs to be relieved. Second, there are a couple sharp spots on the frame that need rounded off. But for a $53 frame, I’m being over critical.

My only major complaint is the light rail. It is “taller” than a factory rail so the dimensions are off enough that the gun doesn’t fit in my JMCK AIWB holster. I’m guessing it would need a P80 holster. I’ll play around with more holsters later.

Lon
04-10-2023, 09:34 PM
Stopped at the range tonight to shoot this. First 50 rounds of so were great. Then then trigger pull started getting ridiculously difficult. There’s obviously something going on w the AIM LPK, because I switched the top end to another frame and the problem went away. I’ll have to take it apart and see what’s up. I’ll switch out the AIM parts for OEM and see if that fixes the problem.

Edit: fits perfect in a Blackhawk L2C holster and a JMCK AIWB for a G34.

Lon
04-11-2023, 10:03 PM
Took the LPK out and messed around with it. Looks like the trigger bar was out of spec. Replaced it with an OEM and did a .25cent trigger job. I also did some rough frame work. Loosened up the screws on my JMCK AIWB for a G17 and it works. Waiting on some different grit wheels/paper to finish up the frame work.

JB2000
04-14-2023, 11:53 AM
Here's my build using the SCT frame. I bought mine from Brownells and used a Brownells lower parts kit with a Ghost Lo-Pro magazine release and a Polydat trigger. The frame went together easily and the molding is clean. I would prefer it if the sandpaper texturing went around the front and back of the grip. The backstrap in particular feels slick but I haven't noticed any issues in the 50 rounds I've got through it so far.

The only issue I've had is with the spring on the slide release slipping out of the groove on the pin and the slide stop not releasing the slide when sling-shotting the slide. I'll probably replace the release with a Vickers anyway.

I've installed the Magpul magazine well on mine. It works fine so far but it only attaches with a bolt through the grip plug hole. It does not attach at the front. There is a very slight gap where the mag well doesn't cover the cut outs on the sides of the grip - and it is not an exact match to the contours of the grip - but it isn't uncomfortable and I have snagged a magazine on the interior yet. I did learn that if you tighten the screw too much it will bind the magazines in the grip.

The holster is a Blade Tech Eclipse for a Polymer 80. It fits the holster very well but there is a enough difference between the two frames that it doesn't "click" into the holster. I also have some Blade Tech holsters for the S&W M&P full size that work. One required a little Dremel work around the magazine catch to fit but they cover the trigger and allow for a proper grip.

Lon
04-14-2023, 12:22 PM
Very nice, JB2000. I put a Magpul well on mine as well, but took it off. Didn’t like the gaps and it not being secured at the front. I had the same issue with my AIM slide release. Switched it out for an OEM and haven’t had that issue again.

Did a bunch of polishing on the trigger guard and got most of the Dremel marks out. Still working on the mag release cut out.

awp_101
04-17-2023, 04:30 PM

Thanks to the Remsport slide thread I was just looking at those frames at Brownells. Yours looks much better after removing those protrusions on the trigger guard.

Lon
04-17-2023, 06:52 PM
Thanks to the Remsport slide thread I was just looking at those frames at Brownells. Yours looks much better after removing those protrusions on the trigger guard.

Agreed. Much more comfortable as well.

awp_101
04-18-2023, 06:50 AM
Just for giggles, have you (or anyone else) shot a stock 19 and any of the flat backstrap frames back to back? If so, did they present differently or is the difference between them not that drastic?

I stayed away from 19s for several years because the hump and my stubby fingers just don’t play well together but I recently picked up a 19.4 fairly cheap to help someone out. I’m going to play with it in stock form and see if any of the PF knowledge I’ve picked up makes a difference but I’m wondering if I should look into one of these frames as a possible solution (I know there’s Gen3/4 differences but I’ve seen conversion parts to get around that).

Lon
04-18-2023, 08:05 AM
Just for giggles, have you (or anyone else) shot a stock 19 and any of the flat backstrap frames back to back? If so, did they present differently or is the difference between them not that drastic?

I stayed away from 19s for several years because the hump and my stubby fingers just don’t play well together but I recently picked up a 19.4 fairly cheap to help someone out. I’m going to play with it in stock form and see if any of the PF knowledge I’ve picked up makes a difference but I’m wondering if I should look into one of these frames as a possible solution (I know there’s Gen3/4 differences but I’ve seen conversion parts to get around that).

Your Gen 4 slide will not work on this frame. Gen 3 can work on Gen 4 (add adapter to fill the gap at
From of dust cover) but not the other way around.

awp_101
04-18-2023, 08:54 AM
Ah, it’s a more than a minute since I looked into which gens fit which frame. Thanks!

What about any differences in presentation?

Lon
04-18-2023, 09:50 AM
Ah, it’s a more than a minute since I looked into which gens fit which frame. Thanks!

What about any differences in presentation?

I haven’t noticed a difference in presentation.

awp_101
04-18-2023, 10:18 AM
I haven’t noticed a difference in presentation.

Lon
04-18-2023, 10:11 PM
Put @150 rounds through this yesterday and today at training. No more trigger issues. I also messed around with some WMLs to see what fit in a Safariland 6376RDS. This holster is mismarked. It’s for a G19, not a 34. These combos all fit: x300u-a, Olight PL-Mini, Olight PL-Mini2. I imagine TLR-7s and Nightstick TCM-500s would work just fine as well. TLR-1 did not fit.

JB2000
04-21-2023, 09:28 PM

The grip angle is the same as a G19.3 but it’s slightly thinner. My hands like it better but I prefer the Polymer 80 style frames better. They are a little thinner still.

If you’re looking for a more comfortable grip, take a look at the Nomad frames. They are Gen 4 and shaped more like an M&P frame.

JB2000
04-21-2023, 09:29 PM
Took the LPK out and messed around with it. Looks like the trigger bar was out of spec. Replaced it with an OEM and did a .25cent trigger job. I also did some rough frame work. Loosened up the screws on my JMCK AIWB for a G17 and it works. Waiting on some different grit wheels/paper to finish up the frame work.

Lon,
You are a true Dremel master. Very nice work.

Lon
04-21-2023, 09:37 PM
Lon,
You are a true Dremel master. Very nice work.

Thanks.

awp_101
04-30-2023, 11:08 AM
Here's my build using the SCT frame. I bought mine from Brownells and used a Brownells lower parts kit
How was the Brownells LPK? Any reason to avoid it?

JB2000
05-02-2023, 01:18 PM
How was the Brownells LPK? Any reason to avoid it?

awe_101,

I’ll give you my opinion on the LPK and then the caveats. Looking at the Brownells LPK, it looks like quality similar to PSA or Polymer80. The molding on the trigger and stamping of the metal parts look a little rougher than others but everything went together and functioned fine. The only issues I’ve had is the spring on the slide stop slipping toward the middle reducing the force on the slide stop which would not release the slide on its own. Bending the spring a little seems to have helped.

The caveats are that I used a PolyDat trigger and bar and a Ghost Lo-Pro magazine release. Also, I’ve only put 100 - 150 rounds through it which isn’t enough to be completely confident in it.

So, I don’t have any reason to say you shouldn’t use one but I also don’t have the rounds down range to say “it’s as good as” if that makes sense. For a range or training gun I would say go for it. For a gun that needs to be completely reliable I would go with OEM or better.

Hope this is helpful.

awp_101
05-02-2023, 03:02 PM
Thanks!

Lon
05-15-2023, 09:58 PM
GL-429s are in. All put together.

In case anyone is interested, AIM has a sale going on. I just ordered everything I need to build an SCT19L (19 frame/17 slide) minus the sights and optic for $311.

Lon
05-19-2023, 10:47 AM
Bought a second frame yesterday and did a chop job so it’ll take 26 mags.

awp_101
05-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Primary Arms is running a sale on these that includes a LPK: SCT Manufacturing SCT 19 Pistol Frame Fits GLOCK 19 Gen 1-3 with Precision Defense Completion Kit (https://www.primaryarms.com/KIT-SCT-19-G1-3-PD-GL-HGLPK)

Lon
05-23-2023, 10:11 PM
Primary Arms is running a sale on these that includes a LPK: SCT Manufacturing SCT 19 Pistol Frame Fits GLOCK 19 Gen 1-3 with Precision Defense Completion Kit (https://www.primaryarms.com/KIT-SCT-19-G1-3-PD-GL-HGLPK)

That’s a damn good deal if you could pick it up locally. Does PA have a storefront?

awp_101
05-24-2023, 06:56 AM
That’s a damn good deal if you could pick it up locally. Does PA have a storefront?

AFAIK they do but they’re in Houston so local pick up is a no-go for me. Shipping is a lot cheaper than 2-3 tanks of gas.😁

Kyle Reese
05-24-2023, 12:15 PM

Just ordered. Comes to $68, shipped, to my FFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lon
05-24-2023, 05:11 PM

So with a transfer fee, @$90ish. Not bad at all.

awp_101
05-24-2023, 05:41 PM

So with a transfer fee, @$90ish. Not bad at all.

I jumped even though I prefer the G17 and I don't need anther project. At all.

Does anyone besides Nomad make an aftermarket 17 frame?

DDTSGM
05-24-2023, 06:04 PM
I jumped even though I prefer the G17 and I don't need anther project. At all.

I've also posted a link to the Lonewolf complete frame since the stripped frame is out of stock:

https://lonewolfdist.com/twf-full-full-textured-frame-bare/

https://lonewolfdist.com/twf-full-full-textured-frame-built/

The stripped frame is $79.99, the completion kit is $69.95, so total is $149.94 which is the same price as the built frame, huh, how 'bout that?

https://lonewolfdist.com/timberwolf-frames/fullsize-timberwolf-frame-completion-kit-frame-not-included/

And, heck, I might get one of these and see how it works with my G21 parts:

https://lonewolfdist.com/twl-large-large-textured-frame-bare/

ETA: I bought a LONE WOLF ARMS 9MM PISTOL 4" 15RD - LWDLTD2-9 for $299.99 from PSA in January and have enough rounds through it that is my console pistol. Nice pistol, the magwell doesn't mesh with my hands and I carry it with a 17 mag anyways. I put Dawson's on it.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/lone-wolf-arms-9mm-pistol-4-14rd-lwdltd2-9.html

Lon
05-24-2023, 08:37 PM

Palmetto makes a full size complete Dagger frame for $99.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-full-size-s-complete-polymer-frame-gray.html

DDTSGM
05-24-2023, 09:24 PM
I really like the grip angle on the Lonewolf. Isn't it great to have options? Dagger top, Lonewolf bottom.

105078 105079

awp_101
05-25-2023, 06:43 AM
Thanks Lon and Dan Lehr!

I simply haven’t paid much attention to the Dagger line so I thought they were all 19 sized. PSA carries the Lone Wolf frames as well so I could see this being a chance for an interesting comparison.🧐🤔