PDA

View Full Version : Holster safety issue: this is why you check fit

CCT125US
03-31-2023, 01:06 PM
Always check fit and function with an empty gun after performing a modification. This is the new GGI straight trigger. The holster was made several years prior to its release. There is zero chance a holster maker can account for any future mods made. Just like a manufacturer can't test parts compatibility with all existing and future holsters. Always verify. HK P2000 v2 (LEM) You can clearly see the amount of trigger travel, as indicated by hammer movement.

This video was sent to GGI, and I received a very prompt response.

Holster has been modified and all is well.

https://youtu.be/-yzh_adpEzY

RJ
03-31-2023, 01:18 PM
Wow. That could have ended…poorly. Glad you got it sorted out.

JAH 3rd
03-31-2023, 03:18 PM
I second that WOW!

Clusterfrack
03-31-2023, 03:30 PM
Thanks for posting about this.

I can't help pointing out that thumb-checking the hammer on holstering would have mitigated this problem if you hadn't been so careful. But... almost all striker fired guns wouldn't have permitted that.

Always check fit and function with an empty gun after performing a modification. This is the new GGI straight trigger. The holster was made several years prior to its release. There is zero chance a holster maker can account for any future mods made. Just like a manufacturer can't test parts compatibility with all existing and future holsters. Always verify. HK P2000 v2 (LEM) You can clearly see the amount of trigger travel, as indicated by hammer movement.

This video was sent to GGI, and I received a very prompt response.

Holster has been modified and all is well.

https://youtu.be/-yzh_adpEzY

JCL
03-31-2023, 04:03 PM

I can't help pointing out that thumb-checking the hammer on holstering would have mitigated this problem if you hadn't been so careful. But... almost all striker fired guns wouldn't have permitted that.

SCD FTW.

jd950
03-31-2023, 04:12 PM
SCD FTW.

It came with one from the factory.

CCT125US
03-31-2023, 04:27 PM

Absolutely. However, thumb-checking placed just enough pressure to flex the kydex outward, masking the issue. Inward pressure at the right point (shown at .41) would retract the hammer.

cheby
04-01-2023, 12:04 AM
Now imagine a SIG320 w/o manual safety with very short and light trigger in that holster.

Archer1440
04-01-2023, 06:02 PM
This advice to check with an unloaded firearm applies to any combination of pistol and new holster, in my opinion.

Excellent heads-up, and should be *stickied* by the moderators.

Clusterfrack
04-01-2023, 06:21 PM
This advice to check with an unloaded firearm applies to any combination of pistol and new holster, in my opinion.

Excellent heads-up, and should be *stickied* by the moderators.

Done. This thread may very well save someone's life.