PDA

View Full Version : Tip up 380 - EAA

Glenn E. Meyer
03-27-2023, 10:03 AM
https://www.shootingwire.com/releases/327ef67e-b999-406a-9b85-637d99f8f076

Like the old Berettas? A solution for the racking problems some folks with hand problems have? Just buy one, just because? Price isn't bad and I expect it would be less on DA STREETZ. However, 10 round limits for the states waiting for the Savior Clarence to descend from the clouds (see my sig) and free up mag capacity.

I really don't see the need for a higher cap 380, given my G26 but you never know.

Tuefelhunden
03-27-2023, 11:52 AM
Very cool. My dad falls into the poor hand strength category at 85 with bad thumbs. I'll keep an eye on this one.

TicTacticalTimmy
03-27-2023, 01:14 PM
I have no practical use for this but think it is seriously cool. Its great to see more entrants into the smaller/weaker hands niche.

They dont say but it must be DA/SA given their description of loading and firing. Hopefully the safety doubles as a decocker?

The picture appears to show fixed sights front and rear. hopefully the real thing has dovetails, and an optics ready option.

lee n. field
03-27-2023, 02:23 PM
I have no practical use for this but think it is seriously cool. Its great to see more entrants into the smaller/weaker hands niche.

They don't say but it must be DA/SA given their description of loading and firing. Hopefully the safety doubles as a decocker?

The manual on EAA's website (https://issuu.com/eaacorp/docs/girsan_mc14t_user_manual) really doesn't say. "Right and left safety latch. Auto firing pin block." I'm guessing not, based on page 20-21 of the manual. If it had a decocker, it would have been mentioned there.

Also, same page, "no extractor". (The only other tip up barrel gun I have experience with is the Taurus PT22, which also has no extractor. I don't recall it being a problem with that.)

Glenn E. Meyer
03-27-2023, 02:33 PM
I had a Pt-22 and it was a horror. Hopefully this gun isn't the same.

Noah
03-27-2023, 06:35 PM

They dont say but it must be DA/SA given their description of loading and firing. Hopefully the safety doubles as a decocker?

The picture appears to show fixed sights front and rear. hopefully the real thing has dovetails, and an optics ready option.

I'd bet this is a Turkish Beretta 8xBB clone like the Tisas Faith. Safety only, no decocker, but DA capable.

However, the tip up would make administrative decocking very easy and safe, no?

Unloaded with rhe hammer down, the act of chambering a round won't cock the hammer.

awp_101
03-27-2023, 06:47 PM
Also, same page, "no extractor". (The only other tip up barrel gun I have experience with is the Taurus PT22, which also has no extractor. I don't recall it being a problem with that.)

I've never spent any quality time with a tip up. How does a pistol with no extractor...extract?

Paul D
03-27-2023, 07:26 PM
I've never spent any quality time with a tip up. How does a pistol with no extractor...extract?

If it is anything like my Beretta tip up guns, there is no extractor. It looks like a straight blow back gun. That is the weakness in the design. My Beretta 21 will not eject a 22 casing sometimes especially if it is a subsonic round. If you put a can on it, the back pressure from the can reliably ejects it. My Tomcat .32 does okay with or without the can.

It still looks cool and loading and administration is easy. The ejection reliability makes me cautious in using is for defense.

https://eaacorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/MC14T-Desktop.jpg

willie
03-27-2023, 09:26 PM
https://www.shootingwire.com/releases/327ef67e-b999-406a-9b85-637d99f8f076

Like the old Berettas? A solution for the racking problems some folks with hand problems have? Just buy one, just because? Price isn't bad and I expect it would be less on DA STREETZ. However, 10 round limits for the states waiting for the Savior Clarence to descend from the clouds (see my sig) and free up mag capacity.

I really don't see the need for a higher cap 380, given my G26 but you never know.

I owned two of the Beretta's which were not decockers. Nice pistols but the blowback action kicked. Because the barrel is fixed, the slide has less mass, a fact that seemed to add to the recoil.

Tuefelhunden
03-28-2023, 10:49 AM
Looking at the safety on the RH side this is a none de-cocker style like the 84. The flip up barrel is a cool idea but that seems a strange omission given the intended market.

MattyD380
03-28-2023, 09:09 PM
My 70-something parents are non-gun people. When my dad expressed an interest in having a gun for home defense, I was going to loan them my PX4. Figured it was pretty easy to rack. Easy to shoot.

It was a disaster.

Could barely rack rounds. Road the slide into battery every time. Couldn't load mags. So, I suppose something like this might be a serviceable option for folks like them.

That said... they looooved the 6" 686 we rented. I tend to think a solid revolver might be the best option for the "slide-rack averse" demographic. Especially if they grew up on westerns in the '50s and '60s.

Velo Dog
04-01-2023, 07:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDLoNasoygU

TicTacticalTimmy
04-01-2023, 08:09 PM
So it is indeed da/sa without a decocker.

Looks like this has the makings of a great old man gun, if it performs well and doesn't recoil too much.

Poconnor
04-01-2023, 08:36 PM
I wish they made it in a single stack. Better yet would be beretta bringing their tip up 380