PDA

View Full Version : HDS Sustems LED Flashlight

SmokeJumper
03-27-2011, 01:30 PM
While doing some surfing, I came across HDS systems LED lights. They look to be a good option for compact high output LEDs, but a bit pricey. Anyone own one or have any experience with their products?

http://hdslights.com/?id=Home

#08-76
03-30-2011, 08:16 PM
I have one of the old EDC basics; very high quality.

I also have a NovaTac 120P which is the same basic design, but I never did trust it 100%.

I don't think you will find a more durable or reliable light than HDS; however, I sort of prefer Surefire.

Rverdi
03-30-2011, 08:33 PM
I have an HDS Executive. A really well built light with an unnecessarily complicated ui (IMO) On the plus side it's certainly well built, great beam, great customer support. On the downside, very expensive, programming it is frustrating and the factory pocket clip just sucks ass. I actually use a Novatac pocket clip under the bezel on mine and like that much better than the factory clip.
Honestly, I think there are much better alternatives for much less money.

SmokeJumper
03-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Hmm, well thanks for the information. I was able t make contact with the company to have some questions answered and they did have great customer service. Still contemplating on an order.

Rverdi
03-31-2011, 05:21 PM
If you're a flashlight geek (I am) it's an itch you'll have to scratch eventually. Why don't you troll the classifieds over at candlepower forums, see if you can get a used one?

SmokeJumper
03-31-2011, 11:03 PM
That sounds like a plan, thanks for the suggestion.

SmokeJumper
04-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Update: I was able to acquire an HDS Systems 170T Tactical light. It is cool, just a hair shorter in length than my SF E1B Back-up light. As for the light portion, very bright and the variable settings is a nice feature. The strobe has the desired affect as well. For operation, the sequence for the toggling between light modes was a bit complicated as previously advised. With a little play/experimentation I was able to pick it up relatively easily. The pocket clip installation instructions were a tad confusing with determining which o-ring to keep and which one to remove. The light is well constructed, definitely on par or above with my SureFire standard for comparison, but I'm still a SF fan.