PDA

View Full Version : Staccato CS shipping?

krav51
01-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Wondering if these are actually getting out there, and if so how are they working? I thought shipping was to begin in December but i haven't heard much from new owners.

GJM
03-06-2023, 08:25 PM
Wondering if these are actually getting out there, and if so how are they working? I thought shipping was to begin in December but i haven't heard much from new owners.

LGS got five of these in today, but they are all spoken for. I coonfingered one, and to my surprise, was quite impressed.

RAM Engineer
03-07-2023, 09:28 AM
So they stopped making all their single stack guns now?

grnamin
03-10-2023, 08:16 PM
Signed up for an alert and got one...

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-GMzMxwv/0/90de9803/X3/i-GMzMxwv-X3.jpg

The tool-less guide rod design is very cool!
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-CwKhfdQ/0/f7c5fdfe/X3/i-CwKhfdQ-X3.jpg

GJM
03-10-2023, 08:35 PM
Signed up for an alert and got one...

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-GMzMxwv/0/90de9803/X3/i-GMzMxwv-X3.jpg

The tool-less guide rod design is very cool!
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-CwKhfdQ/0/f7c5fdfe/X3/i-CwKhfdQ-X3.jpg

Apparently you are a Dolly Parton fan.

grnamin
03-10-2023, 08:37 PM
Apparently you are a Dolly Parton fan.Took a while, but I finally got it. :D

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

secondstoryguy
03-10-2023, 08:40 PM
I've shot a CS and was quite impressed...but then again I've been impressed with everything I've seen from Stacatto. If I didnt already have a C Duo and a P Duo I would buy one. Also, I think the C and the P pair better as duty guns as you can push a C into a duty roll/Safariland holster and run the same mags (gotta be careful with the longer mags but they work).

grnamin
03-25-2023, 09:56 PM
https://youtube.com/shorts/CDpIWYvgK_M?feature=share4

breakingtime91
04-14-2023, 05:39 PM
Any more news on these

grnamin
04-14-2023, 06:50 PM
Any more news on theseFlat trigger in stock as of this post...
https://www.freedomtrading.com/Staccato-2011-CS-DPO-3-5-flat-9mm-Black-p/13-1501-000012.htm

breakingtime91
04-14-2023, 08:34 PM
Flat trigger in stock as of this post...
https://www.freedomtrading.com/Staccato-2011-CS-DPO-3-5-flat-9mm-Black-p/13-1501-000012.htm

how are you liking yours? I am torn between a couple different options, I just am not comfortable carrying without a safety or long first trigger pull. Surgery messed up some of my dexterity and I want an extra margin of safety for my draw stroke.

grnamin
04-14-2023, 08:54 PM
how are you liking yours? I am torn between a couple different options, I just am not comfortable carrying without a safety or long first trigger pull. Surgery messed up some of my dexterity and I want an extra margin of safety for my draw stroke.So far, so good. Carried a C2 since January 2020. The sudden weight and girth reduction of the CS is quite satisfying. One person on youtube report that it's snappy, but I haven't noticed it. Accuracy is still the same as the C2. I really like the tool-less guide rod design. Trigger pull is still short and the safety disengages and engages with authority. It's a huge plus that the CS fits in my Tenicor AIWB holster. I had to get new mag carriers, though. Speaking of mags, the only shortcoming is that extra mags still aren't available for purchase.

BillSWPA
04-17-2023, 12:59 PM
I had the chance to handle a CS at the NRA Annual Meeting. The size makes more sense in person than on paper. I wear a medium size glove, and the length of the grip relative to my hand is very close to that of a Glock 19. I can get 3 fingers around the front, and the back extends almost but not quite to the bottom of the heel of my hand.

While a 4" barrel would seem to make more sense, the 3.5" barrel does not seem unreasonably short. Having carried a 3.5" G26 and a 3.1" P365 inside my waistband, 3.5" seems to be the minimum to provide really good stability.

The thinner profile as compared to the other double stack models is nice.

Polecat
04-17-2023, 04:22 PM
Local dealer had 4, and bam they were gone! Played with one, was really nice. So tempting! If Springfield makes one, or imagine a DWX this size!

Tokarev
04-30-2023, 01:34 PM
https://youtu.be/eaCDNwPjnBI

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CleverNickname
07-24-2023, 09:16 PM
https://youtu.be/eaCDNwPjnBI
So at ~1:30 he talks about how a 2011 magazine is longer than necessary for 9x19, and how the CS magazine's width was shrunken down to better fit it. But the CS mag is only in the CS, not the larger guns. Does anyone see Staccato redesigning the P into a "PS" that uses a CS-width magazine?

GJM
07-24-2023, 09:41 PM
So at ~1:30 he talks about how a 2011 magazine is longer than necessary for 9x19, and how the CS magazine's width was shrunken down to better fit it. But the CS mag is only in the CS, not the larger guns. Does anyone see Staccato redesigning the P into a "PS" that uses a CS-width magazine?

Hopefully. A 9mm specific magazine is a major reliability piece of the Wilson hi cap 9mm pistols.

DaBigBR
07-25-2023, 06:16 AM
I am curious IF a full-size gun that used the CS pattern magazine were to come along if we would see retrofit grip modules available to use them on current guns. I cannot gauge how popular this would be (especially as a guy with thirty 2011 magazines), but I think they would want some way to accommodate people that already have a gun.

GJM
07-25-2023, 07:35 AM
I shoot 9 minor, 9 major and 38 super comp from my 2011 pistols. Since 9 minor and major is shorter in OAL than Super Comp, I use Atlas mags with the 9 loads, since they are slightly shorter internally than the internally longer MBX mags I use for Super Comp.

zcap
09-12-2023, 03:20 PM
I am curious IF a full-size gun that used the CS pattern magazine were to come along if we would see retrofit grip modules available to use them on current guns. I cannot gauge how popular this would be (especially as a guy with thirty 2011 magazines), but I think they would want some way to accommodate people that already have a gun.

I have been wondering about this as well and have been holding off on purchasing any new Staccatos this year as a result. Rumors are that Staccato will soon, supposedly within the next month or two, release new revisions of the P and C2 incorporating the CS style external extractor, dedicated 9mm magazines and slimmer grip modules. Brandon Strayer of Infinity has also been saying that slimmer grip modules with dedicated 9mm magazines are going to be a new trend in the double stack 1911 world.

If true this seems positive from a reliability and ergonomic perspective, but everyone with substantial investments in 2011 magazines and pistols with the old grip modules may not be that excited. Hopefully Staccato will offer an upgrade program.

ChknLivrNWsky
09-15-2023, 02:39 PM
I have been wondering about this as well and have been holding off on purchasing any new Staccatos this year as a result. Rumors are that Staccato will soon, supposedly within the next month or two, release new revisions of the P and C2 incorporating the CS style external extractor, dedicated 9mm magazines and slimmer grip modules. Brandon Strayer of Infinity has also been saying that slimmer grip modules with dedicated 9mm magazines are going to be a new trend in the double stack 1911 world.

If true this seems positive from a reliability and ergonomic perspective, but everyone with substantial investments in 2011 magazines and pistols with the old grip modules may not be that excited. Hopefully Staccato will offer an upgrade program.

Has there been anything said about new revisions of the P and C2 from Staccato? Or are the rumors just from third parties?

I don't have IG or Facebook, so I miss out on all the videos that everyone pushes out. I'm strongly considering getting a C2 in the coming month, but I've been more and more looking at the CS.

I'd just hate to drop the money on a C2 just to find out they're moving onto a big revision.

G19Fan
09-15-2023, 05:10 PM
Has there been anything said about new revisions of the P and C2 from Staccato? Or are the rumors just from third parties?

I don't have IG or Facebook, so I miss out on all the videos that everyone pushes out. I'm strongly considering getting a C2 in the coming month, but I've been more and more looking at the CS.

I'd just hate to drop the money on a C2 just to find out they're moving onto a big revision.

I have heard rumors but nothing concrete

zcap
09-15-2023, 06:20 PM

I highly doubt we we will hear anything official until the release event, but ever since the CS release event whispers from industry insiders with ties to Staccato have been quite consistent both in what Staccato is releasing, C2 and P revisions with CS improvements, and approx when, later in 2023.

Applying the CS updates to their duty and carry lines seemingly makes a lot of sense. Also, as I alluded to earlier, Infinity recently saying that dedicated 9mm mags are going to be a big trend in the 2011 world adds further credence to the rumors.

In August Staccato updated CS lead times from 3 months to 6 months and removed customizations from the online CS configurator. I find the overnight near doubling of CS lead times to be interesting in the context of everything previously mentioned. Maybe Staccato had some sudden production issues or maybe they started diverting some production to the new models.

Given the current CS lead times and the $3,000 to 3,500 prices on GunBroker, I am going to wait for the C2 revision.

WobblyPossum
09-15-2023, 09:07 PM
Wouldn’t a C2 with the CS upgrades (external extractor and frame sized for dedicated 9mm magazines) basically just be the CS with a quarter-inch longer barrel? Why have two guns that are so similar in the lineup?

psalms144.1
09-15-2023, 09:40 PM
Wouldn’t a C2 with the CS upgrades (external extractor and frame sized for dedicated 9mm magazines) basically just be the CS with a quarter-inch longer barrel? Why have two guns that are so similar in the lineup?Because businesses are in business to make money. They've sold a butt load of the "legacy" 2011 guns, owners of those are likely to stick with that platform, continue to buy accessories and keep up demand.

For folks like myself who love the 2011 concept but find the grip to be ever so slightly too big (leading to odd interaction with the grip safety in my case, mostly), I'd absolutely jump on a P-DPO pistol with the CS grip size/shape and dedicated 9mm magainzes.

zcap
09-15-2023, 10:11 PM
Wouldn’t a C2 with the CS upgrades (external extractor and frame sized for dedicated 9mm magazines) basically just be the CS with a quarter-inch longer barrel? Why have two guns that are so similar in the lineup?

The C2 barrel is 0.4" longer than the CS. I think the largest jump up in barrel length as you progress up the Staccato lineup is only 0.6" between the P and XC. Seems small, but additional barrel length and increased frame weights really do produce distinct shooting experiences with each the models.

That, and Glock has shown us you can make one design and sell it for decades by adjusting the length and width by a few tenths...

ChknLivrNWsky
09-24-2023, 06:39 AM
Can anyone who has a CS confirm whether or not the CS uses the same Optic plates as the rest of the Staccato line? I'll be ordering an FCD plate for a CS soon, but the description says P, C, C2, XC. I'm assuming they just haven't updated the description yet.

Up1911Fan
09-24-2023, 07:04 AM
I've been doing a lot of research trying to decide between a C2 or CS. I wasn't planning on ordering it until this winter anyways, so i'm going to hold out in hopes of a CS2.

ChknLivrNWsky
09-25-2023, 09:26 AM
I just ordered a CS. Does anyone know if Tenicor Certum 3 works with the CS?

I saw some posts on reddit saying people were using it, but I don't want to order one if it's not made for it, and Tenicor eventually comes out with one specific to the CS.

ETA: Tenicor's description says it'll work with P, C2, *C*, XC; if it works with the C then I'm assuming the dimensions of the CS aren't that much different from the rest of the line?

leif
09-29-2023, 05:15 PM
I just ordered a CS. Does anyone know if Tenicor Certum 3 works with the CS?

I saw some posts on reddit saying people were using it, but I don't want to order one if it's not made for it, and Tenicor eventually comes out with one specific to the CS.

ETA: Tenicor's description says it'll work with P, C2, *C*, XC; if it works with the C then I'm assuming the dimensions of the CS aren't that much different from the rest of the line?

FWIW, my CS fits in my C2 size Velo4 just fine. Hell the CS locks into a Safariland made for a P, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh and same optics plates too.

ChknLivrNWsky
09-30-2023, 02:47 PM
FWIW, my CS fits in my C2 size Velo4 just fine. Hell the CS locks into a Safariland made for a P, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh and same optics plates too.

Thanks, I ended up ordering a Certum3, and it fits perfectly fine.

CleverNickname
10-14-2023, 11:46 PM
I wasn't planning on buying a CS until next year, but the exact SKU that I wanted popped up on Gunbroker so I spent a few hundred more and bought one now. My plan to transition from my current carry Glock 19 to the CS includes shooting the CS a bunch in USPSA from AIWB concealment.

So does anyone make a 140mm extension for CS magazines? It'd be nice to be able to get through a 32-round stage without needing to do two reloads. However the only extensions I've found are for normal 2011 mags and nothing for CS-width 2011 mags.

GJM
10-15-2023, 08:18 AM
I wasn't planning on buying a CS until next year, but the exact SKU that I wanted popped up on Gunbroker so I spent a few hundred more and bought one now. My plan to transition from my current carry Glock 19 to the CS includes shooting the CS a bunch in USPSA from AIWB concealment.

So does anyone make a 140mm extension for CS magazines? It'd be nice to be able to get through a 32-round stage without needing to do two reloads. However the only extensions I've found are for normal 2011 mags and nothing for CS-width 2011 mags.

Out of curiosity, which sku -- I was thinking DLC, low BUIS, and a flat trigger (with an EPS full size) would be what I would want. Will be very interested in how the CS vs a 19 shakes out.

CleverNickname
10-15-2023, 08:40 AM
Out of curiosity, which sku -- I was thinking DLC, low BUIS, and a flat trigger (with an EPS full size) would be what I would want. Will be very interested in how the CS vs a 19 shakes out.

13-1501-000112
DLC barrel, flat trigger, tall sights

I found an SKU list here: https://www.realstreettactical.com/blog/staccato-cs-options-explained/

GJM
10-15-2023, 08:49 AM
13-1501-000112
DLC barrel, flat trigger, tall sights

I found an SKU list here: https://www.realstreettactical.com/blog/staccato-cs-options-explained/

What optic do you plan to run?

CleverNickname
10-15-2023, 08:53 AM
What optic do you plan to run?
ACRO P2

LittleLebowski
10-16-2023, 12:18 PM
Sorta want.

GJM
02-23-2024, 05:55 PM
I decided that resistance was futile and got a CS. It has the taller back up sights. I was thinking of running a 509T or Holosun 407 CO. Is the Dawson plate best? I am a little confused because they seem to offer several plates for each optic and I am not sure which to get.

Bernomad
02-23-2024, 07:43 PM
I decided that resistance was futile and got a CS. It has the taller back up sights. I was thinking of running a 509T or Holosun 407 CO. Is the Dawson plate best? I am a little confused because they seem to offer several plates for each optic and I am not sure which to get.

I went with the EPS Carry mounted on the Dawson plate. I have the compact, carry sights. You’ll have to make sure you get the plates that will match your taller, tactical height sights for cowitness. I think that’s what’s with the choices. You can always change you front sights too.
I guess Staccato refers to them the sight choices on the CS as “standard” and “micro” sights.

GJM
02-23-2024, 09:11 PM
I went with the EPS Carry mounted on the Dawson plate. I have the compact, carry sights. You’ll have to make sure you get the plates that will match your taller, tactical height sights for cowitness. I think that’s what’s with the choices. You can always change you front sights too.
I guess Staccato refers to them the sight choices on the CS as “standard” and “micro” sights.

Thanks, I ordered a plate for the 407CO.

I am amazed how much smaller the CS mags are, almost identical to Macro mags. I am optimistic scaling the mags for 9mm and not .38 Super makes for great reliability.

Bernomad
02-23-2024, 10:00 PM
Thanks, I ordered a plate for the 407CO.

I am amazed how much smaller the CS mags are, almost identical to Macro mags. I am optimistic scaling the mags for 9mm and not .38 Super makes for great reliability.

Solid choice.
I have about 500 rounds without a single failure. It’s the best shooting compact pistol I’ve owned. I was just at Scheels and they had new a Blem CS. It surprised me to see one at a retail store.

GJM
02-26-2024, 02:18 PM
I watched a less skilled shooter over 12 stages of a match with a CS. He wasn't great at manipulations. Interestingly, I did not see a single stoppage with the pistol, which I take as a strong indication of the reliability of the CS.

msstate56
02-26-2024, 07:50 PM
I watched a less skilled shooter over 12 stages of a match with a CS. He wasn't great at manipulations. Interestingly, I did not see a single stoppage with the pistol, which I take as a strong indication of the reliability of the CS.

I’ve personally seen multiple examples of CS pistols that have fired hundreds of rounds each in an afternoon with no cleaning or lube. All were straight out of the bag they came in. I have full faith they are as reliable as the P and C2.

GJM
02-26-2024, 07:58 PM
I’ve personally seen multiple examples of CS pistols that have fired hundreds of rounds each in an afternoon with no cleaning or lube. All were straight out of the bag they came in. I have full faith they are as reliable as the P and C2.

Due to the new 9mm dimensioned magazine, I suspect the CS may be even more reliable. I shot mine today, about 50 rounds no problems. I shot it like dog poop, but I don't have an optic on it yet. That may be a bit unfair, but irons, especially back up irons, are an emergency procedure for me any more.

msstate56
02-26-2024, 08:14 PM
Due to the new 9mm dimensioned magazine, I suspect the CS may be even more reliable. I shot mine today, about 50 rounds no problems. I shot it like dog poop, but I don't have an optic on it yet. That may be a bit unfair, but irons, especially back up irons, are an emergency procedure for me any more.

I agree about the magazine. I wouldn’t be surprised to see that become the standard magazine across the product line in the future.

GJM
03-03-2024, 06:47 PM
I agree about the magazine. I wouldn’t be surprised to see that become the standard magazine across the product line in the future.

The magazines feel lovely -- as good as any magazine I have seen, including HK.

I zeroed my CS today with a Holosun 407 CO. It shot surprisingly well, and the pistol is growing on me. I would like to have the grip safety tuned a bit more and take 1/2 pound off the trigger.

Bernomad
03-03-2024, 08:53 PM
The magazines feel lovely -- as good as any magazine I have seen, including HK.

I zeroed my CS today with a Holosun 407 CO. It shot surprisingly well, and the pistol is growing on me. I would like to have the grip safety tuned a bit more and take 1/2 pound off the trigger.

I had mine out today in the 79 degree weather. I shoot the CS well. Shortly after I bought it, I sent my CS back to Texas to have my grip safety tuned. It was hanging up intermittently when I gripped the gun. It is perfect now. I don’t have the expertise to work on 2011.

GJM
03-03-2024, 09:23 PM
I just disassembled it to lube it as it appeared fairly dry from the factory. Disassembly and reassembly was the easiest of any 2011 I have had.

GJM
03-04-2024, 04:52 PM
I had zeroed the CS with Lawman 124. Shot exactly one freestyle group at 25 today with the CS and HST 124+P. I thing a CS and C combo will be the hot ticket.

msstate56
03-04-2024, 11:02 PM
I had zeroed the CS with Lawman 124. Shot exactly one freestyle group at 25 today with the CS and HST 124+P. I thing a CS and C combo will be the hot ticket.

Not a CS obviously, but my P and C2 will shoot AE 147, 147 HST, and Fed 147+p Solid Core all in the same group at 25. Which is nice. Oddly enough, the 147 Fed syntech is about 1” low 🤷*♂️

GJM
03-09-2024, 06:20 PM
https://youtu.be/Dxy7CVwDZ_w?si=86xNTrEw5VdDCEnc

TCFD273
03-09-2024, 09:46 PM
https://youtu.be/Dxy7CVwDZ_w?si=86xNTrEw5VdDCEnc

Chambers has reviewed most, if not all, Staccato’s guns on his Patreon. Taking them apart and measuring everything.

The P model is the best built according to his standards, the CS tolerances were definitely looser, I think similar to WC EDCX9 models.

I have several P’s, definitely interested in your opinion on the CS before I buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GJM
03-09-2024, 09:54 PM
Chambers has reviewed most, if not all, Staccato’s guns on his Patreon. Taking them apart and measuring everything.

The P model is the best built according to his standards, the CS tolerances were definitely looser, I think similar to WC EDCX9 models.

I have several P’s, definitely interested in your opinion on the CS before I buy one.

Curious how he defines "best?" In terms of reliability, the scaled magazines of the CS ought to be an advantage, aside from the model's build quality.

So far, I have been pleasantly surprised with the accuracy and reliability of the CS.

Have a link to Chamber's analysis.

TCFD273
03-09-2024, 10:13 PM
Curious how he defines "best?" In terms of reliability, the scaled magazines of the CS ought to be an advantage, aside from the model's build quality.

So far, I have been pleasantly surprised with the accuracy and reliability of the CS.

You have to join his Patreon. It’s under 1911 University. I’ve been a member for quite sometime.

It’s not reliability of shooting, but the measurements he goes by do equate to extreme accuracy and reliability with single and double stack 1911 pattern pistols. His opinions are controversial amongst some pistolsmiths.

Having owned most brands of semi custom 1911’s in 9mm, all I have now is 1 custom WC made to order some years back, and 3 Chambers guns. They are insanely accurate and have never even hinted at a bobble or reliability, I cannot say that about any of the others. 1 of the 3 is a full size govt slide cut to officer, then comp added, chambered in 9mm. Even with all that against it, never misses a beat. I carry it regularly.

I bought my first P model on his recommendation as it’s about a 6k jump to one of his 2011 pattern pistols vs the Phttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240310/cea27a4360245f08d4f30d8105721b3b.jpg
. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240310/7a88e6fecb0f3945b0e218b6a585c283.jpg

TCFD273
03-09-2024, 10:24 PM

Found it, if you join find the reviews of P model and a C model. You’ll see the differences.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/89088799?utm_campaign=postshare_fan

GJM
03-11-2024, 08:37 AM
YVK has been telling me for a while that he finds a regular 2011 grip larger than optimal. You can see how much smaller the CS grip is. Look forward to a family of pistols based on the new mag design.

WobblyPossum
03-11-2024, 08:43 AM
I’ve never seen the two frames photographed together before. That size difference isn’t subtle. It looks like you could almost fit the CS frame into the old frame.

leif
03-11-2024, 10:07 AM
Has anyone shot a '23 and a '24 version back to back? Curious if the changes noticeably improve it.

YVK
03-11-2024, 10:13 AM
YVK has been telling me for a while that he finds a regular 2011 grip larger than optimal. You can see how much smaller the CS grip is. Look forward to a family of pistols based on the new mag design.

I think that the coexistence of LO and CO might change a commonly accepted notion that 2011 is the top dog in performance department. I'm also looking forward to STI developing a full new line around normally sized magazines.

TCFD273
03-12-2024, 03:32 PM

Dusted off my pistols and went out for a real practice session. They are starting to have PCSL matches around me so I think I’ll start shooting some of those. I quit USPSA and went back to PRS competitions (long range rifle)

Anywho, this was my Stacatto target. 2 shots at 25yds confirming red dot zero at bottom #3

All head shots at 25yds from draw with par time of 1.3sec, dropped one into the body

All body shots either doubles or bill drills trying to maintain .17-.18 splits. I’m very rusty, but I couldn’t have shot this clean with a Glock. Something to say for the platform, staccato shoot ability at a price point most people can swing.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240312/7e456f6690c4d2f1be4862b58c41da70.jpg

psalms144.1
03-12-2024, 04:03 PM
Tried to watch the whole video, but my ADHD kicked in, so I sort of scrolled through it. Glad to hear that the accuracy issue was LIKELY optic plate installation issue, but would have loved them to properly reinstall the optic and shoot the pistol again to confirm that was what was causing the accuracy issues.

I was also underwhelmed with the ejection pattern, but, when you're getting into very short barrels on 2011s, I guess you gotta take what you get.

Lastly, why the actual F were they shooting at 50 yards PAST someone standing at the tents?

HeavyDuty
04-15-2024, 03:59 PM
I stopped at Staccato today - I wanted to see the new Ranch and check out a CS. (I was hoping they would have a C on display, but no luck.) I really, really like the gripframe on the CS. I can see a CS or C with the smaller CS magazines in my future.

Coal Train
04-19-2024, 10:00 AM
I stopped by a local gun store that had a couple CS's in stock. I gotta say, it felt really nice in the hand. My friend had just purchased a used one that came with 6 magazines for $2100 which seemed like a very good deal.

The only significant thing I didn't care for was that my support hand interfered with actuating the thumb safety. The base of my thumb was either pinched or it kept the safety from disengaging. There were a few other niggles but that was the main one.

And of course pulling it up, one time I did not fully engage the grip safety.........

shane45
04-19-2024, 10:53 AM
Your not riding on top of the thumb safety?

Coal Train
04-19-2024, 12:02 PM
Your not riding on top of the thumb safety?
Yes, my "strong" hand thumb is on top of the safety. The problem is the base of my support hand thumb which is underneath the safety.

shane45
04-19-2024, 12:09 PM
Understood. Is ths size of the grip causing a "crowding" issue?

Coal Train
04-19-2024, 01:54 PM
Understood. Is ths size of the grip causing a "crowding" issue?
I think it is more hand position than related to the grip size. There were three of us checking out the gun and I was the only one that had the issue. My friend pointed out that I rotated my support hand more “forward” then they did. This brought the “thumb base” part of my support hand higher on the frame. This cause it to contact the bottom of the safety. Hopefully this makes sense.

I suppose it could be somewhat grip size related as the interference was not as pronounced on the C or P models.

shane45
04-19-2024, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the info. Havent run across one in the wild yet.

Noah
04-19-2024, 02:01 PM
I think it is more hand position than related to the grip size. There were three of us checking out the gun and I was the only one that had the issue. My friend pointed out that I rotated my support hand more “forward” then they did. This brought the “thumb base” part of my support hand higher on the frame. This cause it to contact the bottom of the safety. Hopefully this makes sense.

I suppose it could be somewhat grip size related as the interference was not as pronounced on the C or P models.

I have this issue with almost all manual safeties, and I do not rotate my hand forward much at all. Prefer a neutral wrist angle.

3-7-77
04-19-2024, 08:40 PM
Mine came in from Staccato this week. I've put a few mags through it and it is worth every penny. I plan on putting a Holosun SCS Carry on it down the road but for the now the iron sights are doing just fine.

Icestud
04-22-2024, 11:07 AM
Mine came in from Staccato this week. I've put a few mags through it and it is worth every penny. I plan on putting a Holosun SCS Carry on it down the road but for the now the iron sights are doing just fine.

How long was your wait? did you order a standard configuration or custom configuration.

Thanks Matt

Magsz
04-28-2024, 01:08 AM
How long was your wait? did you order a standard configuration or custom configuration.

Thanks Matt

I ordered my CS on 4/4/2024. I ordered it with a flat trigger. Other than that, it wasn't "custom".

The pistol shipped to me on 4/22/2024. Pretty awesome.

Le Français
04-28-2024, 02:36 AM
I have this issue with almost all manual safeties, and I do not rotate my hand forward much at all. Prefer a neutral wrist angle.

Same here. If I grip a 1911 as I would grip a Glock, the safety won’t come off because the base of my support thumb is right under the safety in the “on” position.

psalms144.1
04-28-2024, 09:50 AM
Last weekend, I was able to coon finger both the CS and latest model P at a big gun store in VA. I was underwhelmed by each. Like others have mentioned, the CS grip felt "cramped" to me, not sure what made it feel that way, since it's appreciably longer than the P365XL grip that I shoot a lot. Just felt "wrong." I HATED the mag well on the P, not comfortable at all for me.

After handling both, I really started to reevaluate my level of want/need for either, given the extremely steep price of admission to ownership. Maybe I'll just knucle under and get myself a G34 or 45/47/40-whatever full size pistol, mount my 507 COMP on it, and relearn how to shoot Glocks.

Or, get another S2 OR, AND a G34, AND another 507 COMP, AND a good chunk of 9mm training ammo...

GJM
04-28-2024, 12:23 PM
I think the CS shoots bigger than it feels. That said, I think the new C will be very attractive.

Coal Train
04-28-2024, 01:20 PM
After handling both, I really started to reevaluate my level of want/need for either, given the extremely steep price of admission to ownership. …..shoot Glocks.
No doubt they shoot very nice but I came to a a similar conclusion after toying with them a bit. And I have had that “same” conclusion multiple times over the years so one would think I would just learn it! But of course not. But I started writing down my musings on this topic so I might revisit it whenever the wantsees crank up again.

Magsz
04-28-2024, 09:51 PM
No doubt they shoot very nice but I came to a a similar conclusion after toying with them a bit. And I have had that “same” conclusion multiple times over the years so one would think I would just learn it! But of course not. But I started writing down my musings on this topic so I might revisit it whenever the wantsees crank up again.

So...

I picked my CS up and immediately took it to the range.

Initial impressions are as follows:

The gun is pretty small. It's smaller than a Glock 19 and fits my hand very, very well. The safeties are very well fit. They offer a positive snick every time they're activated and deactivated. The slide to frame fit is very tight. There is no movement of the bull barrel in the slide at the hood or the muzzle. Magazines go in and out with ease. This is going to be a very easy to reload gun minus the fact that my thumb is too short to reach the magazine catch without rotating the pistol. I have this issue with all 2011's. Overall fit and finish is very nice. Nothing feels cheap on this thing. I got the flat trigger shoe with the 4.5 lb trigger break. Trigger is crisp with no over travel and a very short reset.

Now, on to my firing impressions.

Like a dumbass. I loaded up a bunch of mags with Federal HST 147, Speer gold Dot 124 +P and Hornady 135 grain +p. I shot 200 rounds of this to break the gun in with only one issue that was not related to the gun. My followers are binding after putting 8 rounds into the mags. It seems like one of the "legs" of the follower is catching on the witness hole. This issue was occurring with ball ammo and the hollow points so I don't think its ammo specific.

The gun beat the ever loving shit out of my hand with this ammo. At one point, my buddy asked me if I was shooting a .50 cal. He looked up from where he was loading his mags and said "what the fuck are you shooting"? The blast coming off of that 3.5 inch barrel is absurd. The gun is comparatively loud as hell. It also kicks like a mule with that ammo. Maybe i'm spoiled but my 43X with PMM comp has way less recoil and muzzle climb. The one difference is that the 43X is harder to control due to how slim the grip is. It wants to twist in my hands. There was zero twisting with the CS and despite the gun feeling like a desert eagle, it tracked very well.

I ran another 200 rounds of 115 grain mixed brand ball through the gun. The gun quieted down and was way less harsh in the hand. It tracked equally as well with this ammo.

I had a Tenicor Certum waiting for me. The gun carries absurdly well in this thing and is super comfy.

Here's my negatives:

1. The gun seems REALLY harsh with defensive ammo. Unpleasantly so.
2. I can't seem to get along with the beavertail safety. The gun just...doesn't want to sit well in my hand. I am absolutely not used to having moving pieces on the rear of the gun in the beavertail area. I taped the grip safety down with hockey tape and the gun feels far more solid in my hand. Yes, I know, this is controversial and i'm not entirely happy with it either.
3. I don't understand why no one but Cheely can make a smooth transition from the beavertail, to safety to grip tang area. There are way too many angles and other assorted crap on the rear of these Staccatos that grind into your hand during extended firing sessions.

I'm having a bit of buyers remorse. This was a very expensive carry gun. I'm not sure there is any real performance benefit to this thing.

The reasons why I bought it are as follows:

1. Lust.
2. It's an excellent Appendix carry gun due to the thumb safety.
3. It's overall size and ammo capacity make it even more attractive.
4. I test fired an acquaintances gun with 115 grain ball and I was impressed. I should have known better.

HeavyDuty
04-29-2024, 06:47 AM
So...

I picked my CS up and immediately took it to the range.

Initial impressions are as follows:

The gun is pretty small. It's smaller than a Glock 19 and fits my hand very, very well. The safeties are very well fit. They offer a positive snick every time they're activated and deactivated. The slide to frame fit is very tight. There is no movement of the bull barrel in the slide at the hood or the muzzle. Magazines go in and out with ease. This is going to be a very easy to reload gun minus the fact that my thumb is too short to reach the magazine catch without rotating the pistol. I have this issue with all 2011's. Overall fit and finish is very nice. Nothing feels cheap on this thing. I got the flat trigger shoe with the 4.5 lb trigger break. Trigger is crisp with no over travel and a very short reset.

Now, on to my firing impressions.

Like a dumbass. I loaded up a bunch of mags with Federal HST 147, Speer gold Dot 124 +P and Hornady 135 grain +p. I shot 200 rounds of this to break the gun in with only one issue that was not related to the gun. My followers are binding after putting 8 rounds into the mags. It seems like one of the "legs" of the follower is catching on the witness hole. This issue was occurring with ball ammo and the hollow points so I don't think its ammo specific.

The gun beat the ever loving shit out of my hand with this ammo. At one point, my buddy asked me if I was shooting a .50 cal. He looked up from where he was loading his mags and said "what the fuck are you shooting"? The blast coming off of that 3.5 inch barrel is absurd. The gun is comparatively loud as hell. It also kicks like a mule with that ammo. Maybe i'm spoiled but my 43X with PMM comp has way less recoil and muzzle climb. The one difference is that the 43X is harder to control due to how slim the grip is. It wants to twist in my hands. There was zero twisting with the CS and despite the gun feeling like a desert eagle, it tracked very well.

I ran another 200 rounds of 115 grain mixed brand ball through the gun. The gun quieted down and was way less harsh in the hand. It tracked equally as well with this ammo.

I had a Tenicor Certum waiting for me. The gun carries absurdly well in this thing and is super comfy.

Here's my negatives:

1. The gun seems REALLY harsh with defensive ammo. Unpleasantly so.
2. I can't seem to get along with the beavertail safety. The gun just...doesn't want to sit well in my hand. I am absolutely not used to having moving pieces on the rear of the gun in the beavertail area. I taped the grip safety down with hockey tape and the gun feels far more solid in my hand. Yes, I know, this is controversial and i'm not entirely happy with it either.
3. I don't understand why no one but Cheely can make a smooth transition from the beavertail, to safety to grip tang area. There are way too many angles and other assorted crap on the rear of these Staccatos that grind into your hand during extended firing sessions.

I'm having a bit of buyers remorse. This was a very expensive carry gun. I'm not sure there is any real performance benefit to this thing.

The reasons why I bought it are as follows:

1. Lust.
2. It's an excellent Appendix carry gun due to the thumb safety.
3. It's overall size and ammo capacity make it even more attractive.
4. I test fired an acquaintances gun with 115 grain ball and I was impressed. I should have known better.

This is why I’m very slowly and methodically approaching the possibility of getting a Staccato. It’s a financial gamble.

G19Fan
04-29-2024, 07:45 AM
Imo having shot a lot of stacattos owned by friends

They are great shooting guns but for defensive carry purposes they offer very little a g19 or p365 doesn't.

Have also see the thumb safety get flipped of a few guns when by buddies are carrying aiwb

The xc is a fun gun to shoot for super fast times but imo that doesn't matter for defensive shooting either.

CleverNickname
04-29-2024, 08:13 AM
They are great shooting guns but for defensive carry purposes they offer very little a g19 or p365 doesn't.

Have also see the thumb safety get flipped of a few guns when by buddies are carrying aiwb

After changing my main carry gun to a CS from a G19 four months ago I would tend to agree. I've only had the safety turn off once by accident (which TBH is one time too many).

Coal Train
04-29-2024, 08:19 AM
Thanks for sharing your impressions based on your experience. It is helpful in slaking my lust!

I noticed a couple instances when I was manipulating the CS in the store that the trigger pull got impossibly heavy......like it wouldn't move........because I had not activated the grip safety. It has been ~10+ years since I spent any time with a 1911 but I don't recall that being an issue back then. But this is probably just a software thing. I have bird hunted forever and switching off the safety on a shotgun as it is shouldered requires no conscious thought on my end. But manual safeties on handguns are just a challenge for me. I could certainly upgrade my software but I'm not sold on the cost/benefit given the limited time and resources at my disposal.

Every gun I have ever spent any time with had various niggles, some "large," some "small." My focus has been to minimize the niggles by addressing them or dealing with a minor annoyance. The probably of course is the returning thought of, "I bet this new blaster will be perfect this time......."

Coal Train
04-29-2024, 08:22 AM
I've only had the safety turn off once by accident (which TBH is one time too many).
I asked a holster maker if a holster could be made that "automatically" engaged the manual safety. Not to relieve me of my own responsibility in the matter, but as a "belt and suspenders" approach. Their reply was that it was too much of a liability nightmare for them which I can certainly appreciate.

BillSWPA
04-29-2024, 08:44 AM
I asked a holster maker if a holster could be made that "automatically" engaged the manual safety. Not to relieve me of my own responsibility in the matter, but as a "belt and suspenders" approach. Their reply was that it was too much of a liability nightmare for them which I can certainly appreciate.

While I do not know about automatically engaging the safety, a holster can be designed to hold the safety in the on safe position when the gun is in the holster. The holster maker will need to know the specific thumb safety, since not all of them are positioned the same. I prefer this feature for carrying a gun with an ambi safety.

x220
04-29-2024, 12:48 PM

Looks like the Tenicor holsters do this. Here's a video of the functionality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ECfnPHQss

GulfCoast
04-29-2024, 01:28 PM

Check the Keepers Concealment website. They claim to have the automatic safety engagement at least for the "P".

https://keepersconcealment.com/store/ols/products/staccato-p-keeper

"Keepers is proud to announce the newest edition to our keeper line, the Staccato P. This holster was engineered from the ground up to provide a stable ride, a consistent draw, and the maximum safety available. This has an integral RMR/Optics cut with shield. Our legendary low profile footprint, and in the tradition of our standard keepers for the 1911 platform, this also automatically engages the safety should you forget. Like all our Keeper holsters it comes standard with a 1.5 inch belt loop and two sets of wedges. *NOTE* THIS IS AVAILABLE AS A RIGHT HANDED HOLSTER ONLY."

LittleLebowski
04-29-2024, 02:44 PM
I'm just waiting for GJM to text me what he gets and then I'll prolly do the same :D

GJM
05-02-2024, 05:36 PM
https://youtu.be/m5wJXkk-eg4?si=RusK8A_mjh86eUBp

HeavyDuty
05-03-2024, 08:51 AM
https://youtu.be/m5wJXkk-eg4?si=RusK8A_mjh86eUBp

That does nothing to quench my desire for a small gripped C. I found the CS grip length was perfect for me, and it’s less likely to dig into the car seat (I’m a OWB carrier.) It sounds like I’ll have a few months to get my ducks in a row before they’re available.

Magsz
05-03-2024, 09:48 AM
That does nothing to quench my desire for a small gripped C. I found the CS grip length was perfect for me, and it’s less likely to dig into the car seat (I’m a OWB carrier.) It sounds like I’ll have a few months to get my ducks in a row before they’re available.

I find his assertion that the 4 inch barreled gun with the small grip being useless to be...baseless.

The small grip holds 16 plus one rounds. That's pretty damned good capacity. The small grip allows a full firing grip while reducing the overall height of the pistol probably by an inch or so. That's a hell of a lot of length when it comes to actually concealing a pistol.

After getting my '24 CS, I'm really wondering if perhaps I should have taken the weight penalty of 3 ounces for the longer 4 inch barrel. I really do believe that the 3 ounces and added barrel length would probably tame this small heater down to a more manageable level. I like Colion, I think he's good for the industry but he suffers from some of the same BS factor that 99% of youtubers suffer from. No one tests these guns with the ammo that they're actually going to carry. They all wax poetic about how shootable the things are with 115 grain ball of varying types. They all talk about how awesome the guns are to carry AND shoot yet no one shoots them in any realistic manner.

Shit, my impetus to buy the CS was spawned after shooting one with 115 grain ball lol! Pot calling kettle black??!

As an aside. I think GJM Is on to something. That 4 inch, long gripped gun looks like a HELL Of a performer. I really do like these new CS mags and I think more guns built around this magazine could be "A" possible future for the company. I'm just not sure how they're going to do that without cannibalizing their current 2011 market offerings and pissing off their rabid fanbase.

Interesting times.

GJM
05-03-2024, 10:01 AM
I find his assertion that the 4 inch barreled gun with the small grip being useless to be...baseless.

The small grip holds 16 plus one rounds. That's pretty damned good capacity. The small grip allows a full firing grip while reducing the overall height of the pistol probably by an inch or so. That's a hell of a lot of length when it comes to actually concealing a pistol.

After getting my '24 CS, I'm really wondering if perhaps I should have taken the weight penalty of 3 ounces for the longer 4 inch barrel. I really do believe that the 3 ounces and added barrel length would probably tame this small heater down to a more manageable level. I like Colion, I think he's good for the industry but he suffers from some of the same BS factor that 99% of youtubers suffer from. No one tests these guns with the ammo that they're actually going to carry. They all wax poetic about how shootable the things are with 115 grain ball of varying types. They all talk about how awesome the guns are to carry AND shoot yet no one shoots them in any realistic manner.

Shit, my impetus to buy the CS was spawned after shooting one with 115 grain ball lol! Pot calling kettle black??!

As an aside. I think GJM Is on to something. That 4 inch, long gripped gun looks like a HELL Of a performer. I really do like these new CS mags and I think more guns built around this magazine could be "A" possible future for the company. I'm just not sure how they're going to do that without cannibalizing their current 2011 market offerings and pissing off their rabid fanbase.

Interesting times.

The new C with the full grip and a short comp that brought the four inch slide to 4.5 inches would be very interesting.

HeavyDuty
05-03-2024, 10:43 AM
The new C with the full grip and a short comp that brought the four inch slide to 4.5 inches would be very interesting.

Or… a CS with the full grip and a comp that takes it to 4.25?

Magsz
05-03-2024, 10:47 AM

Time out.

What comp? lol.

I've seen DSC's comp and barrel as well as some aftermarket porting options. Does Staccato offer a comp that i've somehow missed?

GJM
05-03-2024, 11:06 AM
Time out.

What comp? lol.

I've seen DSC's comp and barrel as well as some aftermarket porting options. Does Staccato offer a comp that i've somehow missed?

Not sure the specifics, but Dawson makes a comp for the Staccato.

Magsz
05-03-2024, 02:22 PM
Not sure the specifics, but Dawson makes a comp for the Staccato.

Got you. I think that's exclusive to the P. I could be wrong.

GJM
05-03-2024, 04:01 PM
Got you. I think that's exclusive to the P. I could be wrong.

If the C takes off like I think, I bet there will be a number of comps.

JSGlock34
05-03-2024, 04:53 PM
You can order a C2 direct from Staccato with the Dawson ICE Comp. I imagine this'll be an option for the C.

https://xtremegunsandammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Staccato-c2-dpo-limited-edition-ice-comp.JPG.jpg