PDA

View Full Version : No more guns in 2022!

Bernomad
12-30-2022, 09:47 AM
I should be good to go, right?99273

JCN
12-30-2022, 09:48 AM
I’m pretty sure I have more guns than that in my trunk right now….

Bernomad
12-30-2022, 09:54 AM
I’m pretty sure I have more guns than that in my trunk right now….

I’m just trying to talk myself out of buying any more this year. One day at a time, man.

Cheap Shot
12-30-2022, 10:11 AM
My list of what I'm NOT going to buy in 2023:

DW Guardian
Colt Python
Ruger Security Six
G43X
Beretta 1301
DW DMX Compact (if and when its released)

I hear you brother. The struggle is real.......

JCN
12-30-2022, 10:42 AM
I’m just trying to talk myself out of buying any more this year. One day at a time, man.

Resistance is futile!

Right breakingtime91

We all know where this winds up… lol!

LockedBreech
12-30-2022, 10:45 AM

DW Guardian
Colt Python
Ruger Security Six
G43X
Beretta 1301

My list of things I'm absolutely not going to buy next year:

Beretta CX4 Storm
Beretta 92X variant of some sort
Polish WBP Fox AKM

This list will absolutely not be growing. No sir.

Totem Polar
12-30-2022, 10:46 AM
I think the last time I bought a gun was… let’s see here… yesterday.

awp_101
12-30-2022, 10:55 AM
My list of things I'm absolutely not going to buy next year:

Beretta CX4 Storm
Go ahead and figure in the trigger upgrade from...someone? (Sierra Papa? MCarbo? I'm drawing a blank right now on who offers it) I like my CX4 but the trigger suuucks! I'm nowhere near a trigger snob but I find the pull to be very mushy and vague.

I think the last time I bought a gun was… let’s see here… yesterday.
Bought a stripped 10/22 TD receiver last week and there are absolutely no guarantees I'll be able to make it the next ~36 hours without sending my preferred pusher another email about an incoming transfer...:rolleyes:

Welder
12-30-2022, 11:18 AM
I didn't order 12 P-09 mags last week so I could justify a DWX next year

JAH 3rd
12-30-2022, 11:30 AM
Three firearms is a good start!

Just remember this diddy: I have all the firearms I need, just not all that I want. The struggle is real. I don't know how many times I've said "this is the last one". But it turns out to be the "next" to the last one. And the beat goes on, oh yeah.

JAH 3rd
12-30-2022, 11:32 AM
Listen to the Borg.

SamueL
12-30-2022, 11:35 AM
One too many.... but not enough.

CCT125US
12-30-2022, 12:12 PM
Excellent phrasing.

No more, indicates the overall number has not increased, and speaks nothing of value.

No new guns, means just that. Used is not new, traded is not new.

What exactly is new, anyway? What year was the gun introduced? For instance, my new to me P2000sk was purchased "used", in "new" condition, but I've already owned several, so can it really be new to me? Yes the date code is "CC" which translates to 2022, but was introduced in 2001. Heck my gun is old enough to drink, so definitely not new.

And that's what I like to call mental gymnastics. You're welcome.

awp_101
12-30-2022, 12:19 PM
Excellent phrasing.

No more, indicates the overall number has not increased, and speaks nothing of value.

What exactly is new, anyway? What year was the gun introduced? For instance, my new to me P2000sk was purchased "used", in "new" condition, but I've already owned several, so can it really be new to me? Yes the date code is "CC" which translates to 2022, but was introduced in 2001. Heck my gun is old enough to drink, so definitely not new.

The Wheels of Justification grind slowly but inexorably

breakingtime91
12-30-2022, 12:40 PM

Resistance is futile!

Right breakingtime91

We all know where this winds up… lol!

I'm not ashamed of my addiction
;)

HeavyDuty
12-30-2022, 12:45 PM
My last one of the year is enroute.

Oldherkpilot
12-30-2022, 12:52 PM
OP is either a Commie or a troll.😁

revchuck38
12-30-2022, 01:00 PM
My last one of the year is enroute.

Ditto. My 5906 hasn’t shipped yet, hopefully it will be here next week.

Totem Polar
12-30-2022, 01:32 PM
Excellent phrasing.

WobblyPossum
12-30-2022, 03:49 PM
I only bought one firearm this year but I spent too much money on accessories. We’ll see what 2023 brings but I predict buying more guns.

mtnbkr
12-30-2022, 04:40 PM
I've finally gotten a handle on my gun GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). I haven't purchased a gun since early 2020 (before the pandemic really hit) and have even sold off a few. My plan is to put "new gun money" into training instead of more toys. I was doing that for the couple years prior to Covid, and had two classes scheduled and paid for in 2020, but we all know what happened then. I still managed an Ayoob class in 2021 and a revolver class this year. I need to find something good for next year...

Now to do the same thing with my camera collection...

Chris

camsdaddy
12-30-2022, 05:07 PM
I don’t plan to buy anymore guns this year. Of course it’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I may find myself at the local fun shop

Bernomad
12-30-2022, 07:09 PM
I don’t plan to buy anymore guns this year. Of course it’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I may find myself at the local fun shop

They might have some kind of end of the year sale. You won’t know if you don’t go.

Darth_Uno
12-30-2022, 08:06 PM
I’m sitting on a couple stripped lowers, so technically I won’t need to buy any *entire* guns next year.

Thy.Will.Be.Done
12-30-2022, 08:29 PM
Here I was reading the title of this thread thinking it was something going on in politics, lol. I've managed to stop the habit but 2022 was a rough one for me, happy to have sobered up... :)

Bernomad
12-30-2022, 10:05 PM
Here I was reading the title of this thread thinking it was something going on in politics, lol. I've managed to stop the habit but 2022 was a rough one for me, happy to have sobered up... :)

That is funny stuff!

Borderland
12-30-2022, 10:13 PM
Are they putting restrictions on buying guns this year?

Kanye Wyoming
12-30-2022, 10:32 PM
I’ve loved the Langdon P30SK LEM (with Wright Armory optic cut) so much that a few weeks ago I ordered the Langdon P30L LEM with Langdon’s optic cut. For what legitimate practical purpose, one might ask? Can’t really say, other than I just wanted it, which is why my wife knows nothing of this and never will.

I’ve worked on convincing myself that, paired with Lost River’s +P 148gr "Predator Penetrator" ammo, it would make for the perfect hiking gun around these parts, with the advantage of having the same manual of arms as my usual carry gun, thus increasing exponentially the odds of getting good, fast hits on a charging black bear. Total horseshit, of course, but

After ordering the P30L I vowed that the only gun transactions in 2023 would be selling. I went to my LGS today to pick up the P30L. At the range a few weeks ago I got to chatting with a guy who was zeroing the optic on his Mark IV 22/45. He encouraged me to shoot his for a bit, and further encouraged me to get one of my own and join the gang for the Friday evening bullseye matches at the club. As if the Fates had ordained it, there on display at the LGS was a Mark IV Lite 22/45 for a fair price. A quick glance at my watch confirmed that it was still 2022, so no vows were violated.

BUT THAT’S IT!

Totem Polar
12-30-2022, 10:43 PM
Are they putting restrictions on buying guns this year?

Might be in our state. :rolleyes:

Shotgun
12-31-2022, 12:21 AM

DW Guardian
Colt Python
Ruger Security Six
G43X
Beretta 1301

One day at a time. Be strong. Unfortunately, I don't think you can count on PF as a support group.

Excellent phrasing.

This is one of the most well-reasoned rationalizations I have read. We all wish we could speak like that when our spouses confront us about the new (insert make and model here) found in the gun safe.

Joe in PNG
12-31-2022, 01:57 AM
Plan for 2023 is to put optics on a couple of the guns I already have (Colt 9mm Commander & Browning Hipower).

But, if my buddy Keith can be convinced to sell me back that Sig 229 9mm I sold him ages ago, well...

BWT
12-31-2022, 04:16 AM
I can quit any time I want to - I just don’t want to.

Borderland
12-31-2022, 07:55 AM
Might be in our state. :rolleyes:

I always look forward to our legislators going home in April. But then the petitioners gather.

Stephanie B
12-31-2022, 08:09 AM
I wasn't going to buy a gun this year. But then FrankB offered a deal on a 3" Python and there went that resolution.

Willard
12-31-2022, 08:41 AM
I read something once I think about the importance of knowing yourself & being self-aware & not practicing self deception...well, I am pretty sure there are going to be more guns in 2023...actually, I'm positive.

Happy New Year all.

diananike
12-31-2022, 08:59 AM
With looming gun bans in Canada I bought 6 handguns and 2 rifles in 2022.
2023 will be an expensive year just outfitting them all with the required accessories.

I got a
NAA mini sidewinder .22LR/WMR
Sig 320 Carry
S&W MP40C
Glock 43
Enfield .38 Tanker
Pietta .36 1862 Sheriff’s
Keltec RDB
Heritage Rancher Carbine

I regret none of the purchases, in fact I wish I’d bought a few more handguns before the freeze came into effect in October.

Glenn E. Meyer
12-31-2022, 11:40 AM
2022 brought a G17 Gen 5 MOS with an SRO. I don't want much more in terms of handguns. Unless NYS carry laws are freed up, more EDC candidates don't appeal. I think my G26 is just fine. A small EDC with an dot - I dunno, not worth the expense unless carry is freed.

Even then, I dunno. What I certainly would buy if the EBR laws are struck in my useful life span (not when I'm 95 if I get there) is an AR of some type after research it for what's hot then.

There is one silly gun I would buy also, that's the vapor wave Iver Johnson 4 barrel Sharps update because of my love of the Yancy Derringer show. Will it get out this year or just another video from Shot?

Nephrology
12-31-2022, 12:12 PM
I am actually definitely not buying any new guns in 2023 or for probably a while after that. With big changes in my professional life on near horizon + likely kids some time in the next 5 years I sort of front-loaded my gun buying and am ready to stand pat for probably a decade.

I have basically all the handguns I need and more at this point, most likely will sell a couple during the next panic. The only handguns I would be motivated to make room for would be some kind of 9mm 2011 style pistol suitable for CCW, in which case I'd want a pair/spare and probably a single stack or two to carry and red dots on all of them. That is waaaaay outside of my budget for now and the forseeable future. The glocks I have work fine for everything I need/want a pistol to do for a long time.

While there are more longarms that I want, I am out of room in the safe for more and realistically would benefit more from upgrading existing rifles (improved optics/triggers/barrels/complete uppersetc) than buying yet another. The area of shooting I would like to break into next is long range precision; I bought my first rifle of this genre this year which has been fun and will help me dabble as time and budget permits. I will have to wait for a different phase in life to dive into more seriously. That will be fine.

Borderland
12-31-2022, 02:28 PM
I have enough guns to last several people a long time. Everything I enjoy shooting is in my safe. Now that components are starting to show up again my money will be spent trying to feed what I already have.

If a person is new to the shooting sports I feel your pain. The actual cost of new hardware is beyond ridiculous given the economy and most peoples income.

Nephrology said it best. All you really need is a Glock or two.

FrankB
12-31-2022, 03:27 PM
I wasn't going to buy a gun this year. But then FrankB offered a deal on a 3" Python and there went that resolution.

There’s always 2023. 🤣

Gun Mutt
01-01-2023, 09:58 AM
In 2022, I planned for and bought a G19.5 and a 590S Shockwave. I also wound up with a 5.5" 9mm Banshee that I had no intention of buying, but it was thrust upon me in a way that would have been poor form and fiscally irresponsible to refuse.

In 2023 I am not buying an SA-35 nor a 9mm LW Commander-ish something or other. GJM is dubious that a G30.5 will be introduced, so hopefully, I won't be buying one of those as well.

rkittine
01-01-2023, 11:16 AM
2023 is the year to trim my herd of firearms.

Archer1440
01-01-2023, 12:09 PM
2023 is the year to trim my herd of firearms.

That would have been 2020. Prices are a lot more normalized, now.

rkittine
01-01-2023, 12:32 PM
Not about price. More about my age and what my widow will do with all my guns when I pass

pangloss
01-01-2023, 12:58 PM
I only bought three guns in 2022 -- all polymer 9mms. However, I did build out a stripped AR lower from 2020. Just finished this last week. I shot so little in 2022 that, sadly, even I have trouble justifying new guns in 2023. I still want to buy a Tikka T3x in .223 Win, but there's not much else on my list right now that would let me do anything that I can't already do. I'd like a Glock 26.5, but that's a real diminishing return over my perfectly good Glock 26.3. More importantly, I need to set aside money for a couple of scopes and a RDS or two.

TGS
01-01-2023, 05:00 PM
There's an evolving list of guns I want at any given time. I have 3 that I am lazily trying to move.

Highest priority to buy:

Springfield Loaded 1911 or similar. I've already got a Surefire 610 with a 310 LED drop in to put on it.

Stuff I kind of want and can see myself buying:

SIG M18
SIG P365 (either 9 or 380)
M1 Carbine
M1 Garand
Flintlock Jäger rifle

The biggest change in tools and toys for me this year will likely be cars, though. My girlfriend and I have decided to live together, and she's 100% telework...so it doesn't really make sense for us to have two cars, and she's already got a Toyota Venza hybrid SUV that is the epitome of logic and rational decision making. I've had fun with the Porsche Cayman, but it's a lot of potential money to be sitting on if unused and depreciating. Still undecided.

camsdaddy
01-01-2023, 05:19 PM
Well the past few years have been thinning years. I’ve gotten rid of just about everything that I don’t use or have some strong emotional attachment to. The only plans I have for 23 are to maybe buy a 1911 commander in 9mm think SA Ronin and an entry level AR. The 1911 will be mainly to just enjoy. The AR will simply be because my son thinks they are cool. I could personally justify saying it will be to handle wild hogs in our yard but the truth is my son’s admiration and the joy we will have taking it to the range.

breakingtime91
01-01-2023, 05:23 PM
Well the past few years have been thinning years. I’ve gotten rid of just about everything that I don’t use or have some strong emotional attachment to. The only plans I have for 23 are to maybe buy a 1911 commander in 9mm think SA Ronin and an entry level AR. The 1911 will be mainly to just enjoy. The AR will simply be because my son thinks they are cool. I could personally justify saying it will be to handle wild hogs in our yard but the truth is my son’s admiration and the joy we will have taking it to the range.

6920 can be found for around 900 and he can use it for a life time.

LockedBreech
01-03-2023, 12:20 PM
Go ahead and figure in the trigger upgrade from...someone? (Sierra Papa? MCarbo? I'm drawing a blank right now on who offers it) I like my CX4 but the trigger suuucks! I'm nowhere near a trigger snob but I find the pull to be very mushy and vague.

I did put the CX4 on layaway yesterday. I've wanted one since the 2004 Battlestar Galactica remake and I figure an 18-year itch is not a lark. I already have a zillion 92FS magazines including 30-rounders.

I've committed to a max of two guns in 2023 though, so I'll have to save my other one for late in the year or for some particularly screaming deal.

Figure I'll get the side rail piece as well to attach a TLR-1HL. Already have a Holosun 510C-GR I'd like to try on it that I think will work well.

I've heard the trigger is pretty rough, so I'll plan on that too. Although, in my experience with the Beretta PX4 trigger, just ton of rounds downrange did a good job, and given that I'm giving the CX4 a thought as a home defense carbine (using 147-grain Federal HST), I don't necessarily mind a heavier/longer trigger as long as the gun is reliable.

At any rate, I'll enjoy finally having one. Colonial Marines!

LockedBreech
01-03-2023, 12:26 PM
Not about price. More about my age and what my widow will do with all my guns when I pass

I do estate work and I salute your planning. I worked an estate of a man who had a large collection of a particular type of antique. I will be vague to preserve confidentiality but he was a collector of a variety of fairly rare and quixotic electronic equipment.

The personal representatives ended up selling the collection to another collector across the country, as a lot for like 15K. As a collector myself (mostly guns but also knives, watches, and certain books) it pained me a bit because even knowing nothing about his particular hobby I'd be willing to bet he had a lot more money into the collection and that someone who knew what they were doing would have valued it more.

Plus the last 2-3 times I've tried to sell guns I've actually had pretty terrible luck. It takes more work and time than I'd have anticipated not to take a loss. I've tried to sell my M&P9 2.0 5" Pro Series and Sig M17B and ended up hanging on to both because I wasn't willing to take a loss.

Best of luck thinning down as needed.

Edit: Sorry for the double-post, somehow didn't realize it was the same thread.

Joe in PNG
01-03-2023, 06:04 PM
Beretta bringing out a SAO 92 has put a damper on my thoughts about not buying any new guns.

jtcarm
01-03-2023, 06:25 PM
Day 3.

How’re those New Year’s resolutions holding up?

Thy.Will.Be.Done
01-03-2023, 06:31 PM
Day 3.

While not official as I don't put a 'resolution' together with fanfare, I'm 2 for 2. Day one I bought this...

Day 2 I vowed to buy another knife that made perfect sense to have consider I already had a fantastic leather sheath for it.... (which cost nearly three times as much as the other knife) and paid for it today.

Anybody care to guess what I was hoping to stop doing in 2023?

I guess I should be happy I've only bought 2 knives in 3 days right? Glass is half full... :)

Bernomad
01-03-2023, 07:07 PM
Beretta bringing out a SAO 92 has put a damper on my thoughts about not buying any new guns.

I’m super interested in that one as well, depending on the price of admission.

Kanye Wyoming
01-03-2023, 10:40 PM
Day 3.

Last purchase (Mark IV) was December 30, 2022. Holding course for 2023, and we’re almost to the end of the third day. Pretty proud of myself.

Lex Luthier
01-03-2023, 10:45 PM
I'm awaiting confirmation of a semi-auto pistol shipment and have a request in for shipping costs on a long gun I really want to buy.

I'd say things are going pretty well!