PDA

View Full Version : My 3 Minute Knife Defense Vid of Live Goes

DanTheWolfman
12-23-2022, 12:28 PM
Hi Guys,

Thought this might help some. There is the Primary technique of DogCatcher/Jaws/Kwan Sau to pass to Russian 2 on 1 which I am very high percentage with. For closer range surprised under stab/sewing machine (IE they walk up knife behind leg and you didn't control distance/react late/totally surprised) There was Beta Testing changing the commonly taught Jam/Wrap technique...Changed to more top arm across shoulder chest that a Chicago Cop teaches to 1st and foremost stop their forward momentum TO the attempted hammerlock style wrap WITH knowing you may have to plan B immediately to Baseball Bat Control...so more of a A/B approach.

Feel free to Beta Test/Film that one...and compare first the Primary at different distances....Turned On/Fence...the Primary is Better. But what about surprised up close what I beta tested is that Better than Primary response for everything from any forward angle (and even overhead slasher movie icepick stab-I think about 13% of all attacks)? Or is this at least better in A/B Combination planned on better than jam & wrap which is commonly taught (hand just going to neck or simultaneous punch and block? Baseball bat control to Stirring the Shoulder yanks into ground or pass to 2 on 1 need to be trained no matter what as well because it is a common reactive instinct that happens.

There ALSO needs to be training the VISUAL MENTAL Recognition that 45 Degree BENT ELBOW Reaching in waistband or pocket or Hand Hidden Behind Leg THAT ALMOST ALWAYS means reaching for a weapon. The Drive By technique I came up with at :32 should be trained which gets you out of there (or creates distance to draw pistol/equalizer) as should a neck frame CIRCLING OUT to draw pistol similar to what good MMA fighters use to not be driven to the cage-LE/CCW Do Not move back in straight line but Circle OFF LINE DRAW (& if possible put barrier in between) and Fire if needed (from Modified CAR POSITION should be considered-it's fast and can be accurate in Bagua style circle around).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OlpMHcgBiw

Clusterfrack
12-23-2022, 12:41 PM
DanTheWolfman, have another look at the PF code of conduct. Unless you’re a supporting business, no ads.

Also no astroturfing, which means no pimping your stuff on other platforms.

DanTheWolfman
12-23-2022, 12:58 PM
Bottom part deleted. Please let the video stand, as these are techniques that need more beta testing in this community which could save lives. Thank you.

Joe S
12-24-2022, 12:28 PM
Bottom part deleted. Please let the video stand, as these are techniques that need more beta testing in this community which could save lives. Thank you.

I mean this in the most genuine and nice way, but man, you gotta work on your presentation in the written word.

DanTheWolfman
12-24-2022, 02:23 PM
I mean this in the most genuine and nice way, but man, you gotta work on your presentation in the written word.

My late night typing was sufficient to get my meaning across to the mod. I'm not publishing a book & proofreading online. My brain works much faster than my fingers.

I hope the video, along with my comments, is enough to think about the different technical approaches for different scenarios.

nwhpfan
12-24-2022, 02:56 PM
DanTheWolfman, Thankyou for posting the video. It's clear from this video you put a lot of effort and energy into pressure testing techniques.

DanTheWolfman
12-24-2022, 03:09 PM
You're welcome.

Think it's ok to post the How to vids? These should help those interested.

https://youtu.be/1rxD4tklWk4

https://youtu.be/ICOnt2IV0XU

https://youtu.be/lBQLWpqJI28

https://youtu.be/y_DU1lcuTBk

Joe S
12-24-2022, 03:13 PM
My late night typing was sufficient to get my meaning across to the mod. I'm not publishing a book & proofreading online. My brain works much faster than my fingers.

I hope the video, along with my comments, is enough to think about the different technical approaches for different scenarios.

All I wished to communicate was that if you wish for others to actually get to the video, or understand what you are trying to say, a little more clarity would go a long way.

I understand the frustration with speed. I am similar. I will even get so sparse in spoken language when busy that I drop articles and secondary words, and am a native English speaker (like right there).

I've had to learn to do otherwise most of the time, if I want many people to understand, or even bother to listen.

45dotACP
12-24-2022, 05:02 PM
I'm actually rather a fan of Dan's martial arts videos. I learned a few cool tricks to apply to my grappling and I do rather enjoy the martial arts content.

Interested in the knife defense stuff Dan. I'm one of your YouTube subscribers and enjoyed the stuff where you played around with some aikido techniques in live sparring

Plus I have caught a few people with a trick I learned from one of your lockdown half guard videos (think you called it a "hands free toe hold" or something) and my training partners were pissed.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

BillSWPA
12-24-2022, 05:20 PM
The techniques themselves appear solid. The apparent pressure testing was commented on above, and I agree with that comment. These techniques definitely strike me as quite capable of surviving pressure testing. They rely on gross motor skills, leverage, and the attacker's own motion.

You did a nice job of explaining the finer points that make the techniques work.

I am glad to see you recognize that the defender is potentially already taking damage and may have to react and defend under those circumstances.

If trying to buy time to create the opportunity to defend, you made the point about getting the attacker talking to you. This is a point I have also made when teaching, since the attacker cannot react as quickly if he is focused on talking. The attacker can certainly react faster if he is focused on listening. I don't think enough instructors recognize the importance of that point, so I am glad to see you mention it.

Two suggestions:

You mentioned overhead attacks. The one time I saw a knife used on the street, it was held in reverse grip, and thrust out mostly straight from chest level. That is a sample size of one, and I don't know if overhead attacks are actually occurring, but anything taught against an overhead attack should take into account that the attack might not actually be from overhead. You did advocate techniques that take into account a wide variety of angles of attack, so perhaps you already address this as you teach?

When practicing knife work under pressure, I would strongly encourage safety glasses. On one occasion when working rubber knife v. rubber knife, I was very happy to be wearing them.

BillSWPA
12-24-2022, 05:31 PM
I'm actually rather a fan of Dan's martial arts videos. I learned a few cool tricks to apply to my grappling and I do rather enjoy the martial arts content.

Interested in the knife defense stuff Dan. I'm one of your YouTube subscribers and enjoyed the stuff where you played around with some aikido techniques in live sparring

Plus I have caught a few people with a trick I learned from one of your lockdown half guard videos (think you called it a "hands free toe hold" or something) and my training partners were pissed.

I am about to subscribe as well.

DanTheWolfman
12-25-2022, 11:01 AM

Thank you much! Yes, I call that the Magic Armless Toe Hold...you need to body lock tough guys strong to finish. Gokor taught me that one.

Curious, are you LE or Medical/1st Responder? Do you have BJJ rank or where do you train? And most importantly do you carry a ByGod45astheLordAlmighty&JohnMosesBrowning intended?

Hopefully the 4 vids I posted, when you go back and watch the Original Vid, and re-read the babble I wrote it makes more sense.

DanTheWolfman
12-25-2022, 11:13 AM
The techniques themselves appear solid. The apparent pressure testing was commented on above, and I agree with that comment. These techniques definitely strike me as quite capable of surviving pressure testing. They rely on gross motor skills, leverage, and the attacker's own motion.

You did a nice job of explaining the finer points that make the techniques work.

I am glad to see you recognize that the defender is potentially already taking damage and may have to react and defend under those circumstances.

If trying to buy time to create the opportunity to defend, you made the point about getting the attacker talking to you. This is a point I have also made when teaching, since the attacker cannot react as quickly if he is focused on talking. The attacker can certainly react faster if he is focused on listening. I don't think enough instructors recognize the importance of that point, so I am glad to see you mention it.

Two suggestions:

You mentioned overhead attacks. The one time I saw a knife used on the street, it was held in reverse grip, and thrust out mostly straight from chest level. That is a sample size of one, and I don't know if overhead attacks are actually occurring, but anything taught against an overhead attack should take into account that the attack might not actually be from overhead. You did advocate techniques that take into account a wide variety of angles of attack, so perhaps you already address this as you teach?

When practicing knife work under pressure, I would strongly encourage safety glasses. On one occasion when working rubber knife v. rubber knife, I was very happy to be wearing them.

Thank you.

that sorta backhammer-jabby Stab like Darryl has used on the Walking Dead to stab into Walkers Foreheads I actually haven't seen on CCTV. There was a study of more traditional overhead Psycho reverse grip downward stabs...like towards face or into heart which I have seen on CCTV and it was 13% of attacks if memory serves.

The one you describe would be harder to defend for sure, but that seems a little more like something someone would do squaring off or knife dueling....Ie you should have ran or Circled while drawing and putting a barrier in between if they take up a stance.

Thinking about it....
Let's say against their more common right hand attack....
A reactive 2 fisted Grab reverse baseball bat might be instinctual and happen and could attempt rolling your left elbow over into Waki Gatame to break their elbow/elbow armpit armbar to bring them face first into the ground.

IF just your left hand shot to their wrist...it may be possible to do a then right hand under Figure 4 Top Wristlock takdown like in all the old Gracie Aikido Hapkido JKD techniques....but I think this won't be high percentage and fall apart in real pressure testing due to limited reaction and hand speed grab times. I might pull it off but doubt many could idk.

Against the Psycho overhead.....if you plan on doing the Dog Catcher Kwan Sou technique to JAM into them but suddenly realize it's reverse grip overhead you turn the same block into like a high X-block type of motion and Pass it to two on 1 anyways......

The Same, could be attempted Horizontally to Your reverse Stab....but then again that is a fast speed less committed attack so ....going to be harder TO STICK to the arm to get CONNECTION to pass to the 2 on 1.

That is a hard attack to counter I think.

Let me know if that makes sense and what you think.

DanTheWolfman
12-25-2022, 11:15 AM
I am about to subscribe as well.

Great thank you, make sure to go through check out all my Playlists to find more what you are looking for. As I am older after knee surgery now. There was good Combatives stuff put out this past year after an Army Ranger Officer now turned Feebie had me in for a Seminar, and the most recent stuff.

Better MMA/Catch Wrestling/No Gi BJJ stuff when younger. Make sure to look for Combaties & Street Jiu-jitsu stuff by me as well.

Are you LE or 1st Responder? Currently training in anything?

Any questions anyone has...it helps to know your background and experience level, so I can talk in terms you better understand.

Apparently I am much better communicating on Video opposed to typing lol.

Cheers.

DanTheWolfman
12-25-2022, 11:18 AM
OH...and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

I'm working an Armed Guard job tonight and my car literally died on way home last night...so...it's always something.

DanTheWolfman
12-25-2022, 12:02 PM
Lol...I didn't realize mod Paul Sharp was the one I referred to about Modifying the typically taught Jam & Wrap technique to his top arm across the shoulders to stop their foreword momentum WHICH MAKES A LOT OF SENSE to the 1,2 Combo of attempting Wrap/Arm Weave/Hammerlock and if not immediately going to baseball bat control. The Wrap technique does put knife near your neck, and if you don't keep your elbow/shoulder high as I explained in one go you can get cut/stabbed so may not be wanted for trained infrequently LE. Paul are you in W. TN or where?

I'm open to discussion w/ Cecil Burch SouthNarc as well on these different approaches and what is best.
1. Dog Catcher/Kwan Sau/Jaws
2. Combo technique of Sharps and the Jam/Wrap
Vs...Sharp's technique stopping forward momentum to baseball bat directly

And also Is it BETTER overall to only have 1 technique.....
Is it better to just have Dog Catcher vs any typical foreward attack which also can convert against an overhead/reverse ice pick attack as well

OR
Is it better to use that number 1 and then either my Combo A/B approach or Sharp's approach for the closer sudden surprise attack..under stab or hidden behind leg or sewing machine attack.

ONE TECHNIQUE or TWO...and for two...is it better to do my beta tested Combo A/B approach, or better at least for the infrequent lower trained LE guys to just have Paul's technique as #2?

Given some distance, fence, awareness I don't think anything is more high percentage than Dog Catch/Jaws....

Unless more space to Circle out Bagua-ish, hopefully with barrier in-between, while drawing (and I myself am pretty accurate from Modified CAR position while Moving).

A discussion on here or podcast type thing wherever might be interesting to debate if anyone is interested. I don't know the mods but would be happy to.

I've helped teach an LE seminar in NW before, and Seminar on the Air Force base in Japan, and an Army Ranger/Officer/TurnedFEEBEEI had me out to do a seminar last year and I would very much like to be doing more stuff like that.

Merry Christmas

DanTheWolfman
12-25-2022, 12:07 PM
Also, for General Controlling Suspects, Combatives, and as you do see 2 of the 3 techniques come out when I do live goes vs Knife or Pistol....These 3 Techniques....yes even though "Aikido doesn't work" these three old Japanese Jujitsu/DaitoRyu/Aikido/Hapkido yaddayadda techniques should be known as well IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWrKUWHH_Bo

And the perhaps even bigger can of worms that is this subject.....I would love to do with Airsoft....and grappling w/ guns/simunitions stuff like SouthNarc does but I'm just a poor Armed Guard & don't think anyone wants to play that way at BJJschool and there is kid's around even at night so don't know what owner would think etc. it's difficult to do what needs to be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ZqGOQmE8Q

Navin Johnson
12-25-2022, 02:30 PM
Defense against a knife or gun in retention position?

At least use a cap gun that makes a click when trigger is pulled or a electric knife or marking knife for the contact scenarios and have the perp randomly attack or shoot the victim sometimes and not wait for victim to "set the stage"

Also put on some gear and have perp fight back when victim starts defense instead of standing and taking shots or locks/traps/takedowns with no further effort to do damage.

I was involved in choreographing theatric martial arts for a while....we did much of the same stuff....I would also demonstrate how I could shoot or cut the victim about 95% of the time so they would understand it was for show.

The fight will be what it will be.

DanTheWolfman
12-25-2022, 02:42 PM
I'm far from just a choreography guy. I sparred more top mma fighters than likely anyone else on the planet for over 20 years. Most pro's are done in 10, beat up, and done when they retire.

And yes admitted the can of worms now didn't I. Next step was to be with airsoft pistol just a spring gun and shooting glasses until I bought a co2 gun because my old one broke out running the trigger.

But there are related carryover techniques I flow to whether pistol or knife which was my main point of posting it. Leverage is leverage and bio-mechanics are bio-mechanics.

I've actual been in 2 on 1 stick assaults, multiple attacker fights, knives pulled, and one sorta pistol disarm.

Joe S
12-25-2022, 03:57 PM
Lol...I didn't realize mod Paul Sharp was the one I referred to about Modifying the typically taught Jam & Wrap technique to his top arm across the shoulders to stop their foreword momentum WHICH MAKES A LOT OF SENSE to the 1,2 Combo of attempting Wrap/Arm Weave/Hammerlock and if not immediately going to baseball bat control. The Wrap technique does put knife near your neck, and if you don't keep your elbow/shoulder high as I explained in one go you can get cut/stabbed so may not be wanted for trained infrequently LE. Paul are you in W. TN or where?

I'm open to discussion w/ Cecil Burch SouthNarc as well on these different approaches and what is best.
1. Dog Catcher/Kwan Sau/Jaws
2. Combo technique of Sharps and the Jam/Wrap
Vs...Sharp's technique stopping forward momentum to baseball bat directly

I still haven't gotten around to the videos, Dan, so forgive me if I'm missing something, or misinterpreting something.

If I'm visualizing correctly, the jamming of the opponent's forward momentum would be a lot easier by someone built like Paul, or you, rather than someone much thinner, correct?

Or should I stop asking stupid questions covered by the video work?

Thanks for sharing and the discussion.

DanTheWolfman
12-25-2022, 05:46 PM
I still haven't gotten around to the videos, Dan, so forgive me if I'm missing something, or misinterpreting something.

If I'm visualizing correctly, the jamming of the opponent's forward momentum would be a lot easier by someone built like Paul, or you, rather than someone much thinner, correct?

Or should I stop asking stupid questions covered by the video work?

Thanks for sharing and the discussion.

You work with what you got...

Structure of body and arm...

people always think that works this works your big small guy techniques that is mostly BS excuses..proper is proper...can you stop as much as a lineman? well no, physics applies.......but better then them impaling you multiple times sewing machine style which is the common intent

Sensitivity and Timing is overlooked ball all low level people that just want to point to size strength when that has very little to do with anything most times in most positions unless everyone is at a high level
Merry Xmas, stay safe

BillSWPA
12-26-2022, 10:55 PM
Great thank you, make sure to go through check out all my Playlists to find more what you are looking for. As I am older after knee surgery now. There was good Combatives stuff put out this past year after an Army Ranger Officer now turned Feebie had me in for a Seminar, and the most recent stuff.

Better MMA/Catch Wrestling/No Gi BJJ stuff when younger. Make sure to look for Combaties & Street Jiu-jitsu stuff by me as well.

Are you LE or 1st Responder? Currently training in anything?

Any questions anyone has...it helps to know your background and experience level, so I can talk in terms you better understand.

Apparently I am much better communicating on Video opposed to typing lol.

Cheers.

Re: my background: I make my living behind a desk as a patent attorney. I wrestled JV in high school, earned a black belt in Isshinryu Karate while in college, trained under a few other instructors since then, and most recently spent about 3 1/2 years training in MMA under a retired police officer. Some of my training has included offensive use of a knife or stick. I have been shooting since I was 11 years old, obtained my first concealed handgun license in 1996, and have taken various training courses since then. I am certified to teach NRA Basic Pistol. Lately I get to shoot fewer than 10 times/year due to other responsibilities.

Unfortunately I am not currently training except keeping my physical fitness up as bast I can, but I need to change that soon. There is a good BJJ school within 5 minutes of my home. I have been somewhat limited lately by osteoarthritis in my knees, and just completed my third series of physical therapy.

If you also have knee issues, perhaps we need to compare notes.

BillSWPA
12-26-2022, 11:34 PM
Thank you.

that sorta backhammer-jabby Stab like Darryl has used on the Walking Dead to stab into Walkers Foreheads I actually haven't seen on CCTV. There was a study of more traditional overhead Psycho reverse grip downward stabs...like towards face or into heart which I have seen on CCTV and it was 13% of attacks if memory serves.

The one you describe would be harder to defend for sure, but that seems a little more like something someone would do squaring off or knife dueling....Ie you should have ran or Circled while drawing and putting a barrier in between if they take up a stance.

Thinking about it....
Let's say against their more common right hand attack....
A reactive 2 fisted Grab reverse baseball bat might be instinctual and happen and could attempt rolling your left elbow over into Waki Gatame to break their elbow/elbow armpit armbar to bring them face first into the ground.

IF just your left hand shot to their wrist...it may be possible to do a then right hand under Figure 4 Top Wristlock takdown like in all the old Gracie Aikido Hapkido JKD techniques....but I think this won't be high percentage and fall apart in real pressure testing due to limited reaction and hand speed grab times. I might pull it off but doubt many could idk.

Against the Psycho overhead.....if you plan on doing the Dog Catcher Kwan Sou technique to JAM into them but suddenly realize it's reverse grip overhead you turn the same block into like a high X-block type of motion and Pass it to two on 1 anyways......

The Same, could be attempted Horizontally to Your reverse Stab....but then again that is a fast speed less committed attack so ....going to be harder TO STICK to the arm to get CONNECTION to pass to the 2 on 1.

That is a hard attack to counter I think.

Let me know if that makes sense and what you think.

That does make sense, and I agree it is very difficult to defend against.

The reason I mentioned it after hearing the comment about overhead is that I was previously taught what I believe to be a very good response to an overhead attack, and became very good at that response. Then, I (perhaps foolishly) injected myself into a domestic situation in a neighboring apartment. As I was in the hallway listening and attempting to determine exactly what was happening, the man who was beating up the mother of his kid walked out of the apartment. He saw me, tried to tell me there was no problem, and went back into the apartment. Neither of us realized that when he stepped outside, the lady retrieved a knife from the kitchen. He immediately exited the apartment followed by her (wearing a night shirt and not much else) making use of the knife in reverse grip, using a straight thrust. He made some weak, ineffectual attempts to grab the knife, and was then chased out of the building by her. Deciding she had things under control, I went back in my apartment. (She later thanked me for attempting to help.)

As soon as I saw the attack, I realized that the technique I had been taught would not work against that attack.

Since that event, I have also seen SouthNarc's posts about the Pikal system on another forum. That system relies on a reverse grip, edge in thrusting motion. If a thrust is blocked, it presents an opportunity to simply withdraw the knife hand, taking some flesh from the blocking arm in the process. While this system may not be that common, it should be kept in mind when planning a defense against such an attack. The system also appears to have significant merit when used by a single armed defender against multiple unarmed attackers, which I understand from SouthNarc is a common defensive knife use.

My first thought would be to attempt to deflect the first thrust off to the side (or downward) it is already moving towards, and attempt to gain control of the arm immediately after the deflection, when the blade is hopefully pointed away. However, that would not work against someone who is thrusting and retracting immediately for the next thrust. Perhaps a carefully timed entry, during retraction of one stab attempt, would present an opportunity to jam the arm and grab it as you describe. I have not pressure tested any of this, and such testing would likely reveal some good chances to get sliced in the process.

It is an interesting problem, and one I should have thought to try to solve and pressure test before now.

DanTheWolfman
12-27-2022, 07:08 PM
Re: my background: I make my living behind a desk as a patent attorney. I wrestled JV in high school, earned a black belt in Isshinryu Karate while in college, trained under a few other instructors since then, and most recently spent about 3 1/2 years training in MMA under a retired police officer. Some of my training has included offensive use of a knife or stick. I have been shooting since I was 11 years old, obtained my first concealed handgun license in 1996, and have taken various training courses since then. I am certified to teach NRA Basic Pistol. Lately I get to shoot fewer than 10 times/year due to other responsibilities.

Unfortunately I am not currently training except keeping my physical fitness up as bast I can, but I need to change that soon. There is a good BJJ school within 5 minutes of my home. I have been somewhat limited lately by osteoarthritis in my knees, and just completed my third series of physical therapy.

If you also have knee issues, perhaps we need to compare notes.

SWAT obstacle course was the final straw in my knee after a lifetime of MMA/Grappling/MA abuse and Rubber Guard like an idiot abuse...

So had about a year off with rescheduling surgeries around work. Finally had surgery, took out TON of miniscus. Taught a couple months of Self-defense classes and now back to doing BJJ just once a week. 4th week I felt much stronger last week, more comfortable. In a couple weeks will bump it up to twice a week and go from there.

DanTheWolfman
12-27-2022, 07:14 PM
That does make sense, and I agree it is very difficult to defend against.

The reason I mentioned it after hearing the comment about overhead is that I was previously taught what I believe to be a very good response to an overhead attack, and became very good at that response. Then, I (perhaps foolishly) injected myself into a domestic situation in a neighboring apartment. As I was in the hallway listening and attempting to determine exactly what was happening, the man who was beating up the mother of his kid walked out of the apartment. He saw me, tried to tell me there was no problem, and went back into the apartment. Neither of us realized that when he stepped outside, the lady retrieved a knife from the kitchen. He immediately exited the apartment followed by her (wearing a night shirt and not much else) making use of the knife in reverse grip, using a straight thrust. He made some weak, ineffectual attempts to grab the knife, and was then chased out of the building by her. Deciding she had things under control, I went back in my apartment. (She later thanked me for attempting to help.)

As soon as I saw the attack, I realized that the technique I had been taught would not work against that attack.

Since that event, I have also seen SouthNarc's posts about the Pikal system on another forum. That system relies on a reverse grip, edge in thrusting motion. If a thrust is blocked, it presents an opportunity to simply withdraw the knife hand, taking some flesh from the blocking arm in the process. While this system may not be that common, it should be kept in mind when planning a defense against such an attack. The system also appears to have significant merit when used by a single armed defender against multiple unarmed attackers, which I understand from SouthNarc is a common defensive knife use.

My first thought would be to attempt to deflect the first thrust off to the side (or downward) it is already moving towards, and attempt to gain control of the arm immediately after the deflection, when the blade is hopefully pointed away. However, that would not work against someone who is thrusting and retracting immediately for the next thrust. Perhaps a carefully timed entry, during retraction of one stab attempt, would present an opportunity to jam the arm and grab it as you describe. I have not pressure tested any of this, and such testing would likely reveal some good chances to get sliced in the process.

It is an interesting problem, and one I should have thought to try to solve and pressure test before now.

A dark movie joke that went something like
"I stabbed him plenty of times, the bastard never died on me before"

Don't approach the guy with that defensive grip....he isn't saber thrusting so...why close?

If you had to, the TOP 2 on 1 Baseball Grip to Rolling your lead elbow over into Armpit Armbar Waki Gatame Takedown I think will be the highest percentage for this. My inside knife chop to that stabbing wrist to throat chop that they used at the subway scene of John Wick 2 ...shown here twice in my video that WAS IN MY FIGHT LIKE JOHN WICK VIDEO some of their stunt team SUGGESTED I MAKE...just saying....Kinda like my Portland NeckTie choke was towards the end of John Wick w chair/wrist tied choke in warehouse...and my kneeling down vs 2 Asians was like Identical to end of John Wick 3 vs the 2 Indonesian RAID actors....just sayin'
It's Marathon Day in the background so excuse me if a bit mad they won't have me on camera to get Wicked for some reason

[url]https://youtu.be/k5nQULlfuhY[/video]

https://youtu.be/DZuP-96Gy38
https://youtu.be/iSGN614VI6Y
https://youtu.be/k5nQULlfuhY

BillSWPA
12-27-2022, 11:02 PM
A dark movie joke that went something like
"I stabbed him plenty of times, the bastard never died on me before"

Don't approach the guy with that defensive grip....he isn't saber thrusting so...why close?

If you had to, the TOP 2 on 1 Baseball Grip to Rolling your lead elbow over into Armpit Armbar Waki Gatame Takedown I think will be the highest percentage for this. My inside knife chop to that stabbing wrist to throat chop that they used at the subway scene of John Wick 2 ...shown here twice in my video that WAS IN MY FIGHT LIKE JOHN WICK VIDEO some of their stunt team SUGGESTED I MAKE...just saying....Kinda like my Portland NeckTie choke was towards the end of John Wick w chair/wrist tied choke in warehouse...and my kneeling down vs 2 Asians was like Identical to end of John Wick 3 vs the 2 Indonesian RAID actors....just sayin'
It's Marathon Day in the background so excuse me if a bit mad they won't have me on camera to get Wicked for some reason

[url]https://youtu.be/k5nQULlfuhY[/video]

https://youtu.be/DZuP-96Gy38
https://youtu.be/iSGN614VI6Y
https://youtu.be/k5nQULlfuhY

That third video at about 0:17 seems to show a nice solution.

BillSWPA
12-27-2022, 11:13 PM
SWAT obstacle course was the final straw in my knee after a lifetime of MMA/Grappling/MA abuse and Rubber Guard like an idiot abuse...

So had about a year off with rescheduling surgeries around work. Finally had surgery, took out TON of miniscus. Taught a couple months of Self-defense classes and now back to doing BJJ just once a week. 4th week I felt much stronger last week, more comfortable. In a couple weeks will bump it up to twice a week and go from there.

In my case I suspect the osteoarthritis was caused by running combined with collapsing arches, although my orthopedic doctor does not think I ran enough to explain the current level of damage. The meniscus is pretty torn up. The doctor, who works with college level athletes, is concerned that surgery would provide only short term relief and would accelerate the arthritis.

What has worked well:

Physical therapy - the single most helpful thing I have done. The best advice I received re: physical therapy is look for the people who work with college and professional athletes, and use them.

Orthotics in the shoes: Do not let anyone prescribe orthotics without first looking at your feet. The standard solution is lateral wedges in the heels, but these only increased my knee pain. A chiropractor who looked at my feet and spotted the collapsing arches provided an orthotic with extra arch support, based on the idea that it would better allow the ball of the foot to do its job. The decrease in knee pain was very quick.

Euflexxa shots: This is essentially a synthetic lubricant. Relief will not be apparent immediately, but when the knee is still good a year later, I call that a win.

Cortisone: Good for about 3 weeks of relief if things get bad, but not a long term solution. The cortisone will help settle things down to get a start on physical therapy.

DanTheWolfman
12-27-2022, 11:24 PM
that takes skill, and more overhead.

I've pulled it off disarming more than once with a bit more pressure, I've also caught the blade between like spock 2 fingers on each side looking like a damn magician to a room full of students and yelled at one "You weren't video taping?" lol...it was funny

But what you described I believe the 2 on 1 TOP BASEBALL BAT GRAB PLACEMENT HOLDER ROLL LEAD ELBOW OVER into waki gatame.....will prove the highest percentage if pressure tested by people

Theoretically....My Theoretical Aikido Bullshido shown here could....COULD....also work.

But w/ a knife you want HIGHEST PERCENTAGE techniques for the most part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW3haBSLV7A&t=

IE...a really skilled guy, not full on pressure testing...can sometimes do some pretty cool stuff.....
HECK...I, maybe can be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2hcj3LJzd0able to do it for REAL...
I have done a lot of things for real....like Kotagaeshi Hundreds of times bouncing and in bars, streets, bus etc.

But, I am not teaching catching punches out of air and crescent kicking knives out of hands to LE either....
(though I would also argue, people that can't do stuff like I can do, well than of course they can't do a lot but I digress)

But people that tell me this stuff doesn't work when I have done all the time in real world situations is pretty funny. Those same people are low level beginners that don't even understand the principals and the attributes they are lacking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6BaK-huDRU&t=

BillSWPA
12-28-2022, 01:51 PM
that takes skill, and more overhead.

I've pulled it off disarming more than once with a bit more pressure, I've also caught the blade between like spock 2 fingers on each side looking like a damn magician to a room full of students and yelled at one "You weren't video taping?" lol...it was funny

But what you described I believe the 2 on 1 TOP BASEBALL BAT GRAB PLACEMENT HOLDER ROLL LEAD ELBOW OVER into waki gatame.....will prove the highest percentage if pressure tested by people

Theoretically....My Theoretical Aikido Bullshido shown here could....COULD....also work.

But w/ a knife you want HIGHEST PERCENTAGE techniques for the most part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW3haBSLV7A&t=

IE...a really skilled guy, not full on pressure testing...can sometimes do some pretty cool stuff.....
HECK...I, maybe can be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2hcj3LJzd0able to do it for REAL...
I have done a lot of things for real....like Kotagaeshi Hundreds of times bouncing and in bars, streets, bus etc.

But, I am not teaching catching punches out of air and crescent kicking knives out of hands to LE either....
(though I would also argue, people that can't do stuff like I can do, well than of course they can't do a lot but I digress)

But people that tell me this stuff doesn't work when I have done all the time in real world situations is pretty funny. Those same people are low level beginners that don't even understand the principals and the attributes they are lacking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6BaK-huDRU&t=

The difficulty I am having is how to get to the 2 hand baseball bat grip in the first place. That initial grab is the most dangerous part of the whole thing.

That is what I like about the part of your video that I mentioned: you deflect or pass the knife away from you, and then your hand is in position to momentarily (1 second or a fraction thereof) interfere with retraction of the knife for the next stab. There is your opportunity to grab, keeping in mind the danger of a Pikal retraction of the blade, attempting to take some of your skin with it in the process.

Once you have created that opportunity to grab, I see your point about the 2 hand baseball bat grip to the elbow lock. The wrist lock requires more precise hand placement. Getting a solid grip with 2 hands at or near the wrist puts you in position to get the elbow lock even if the position is not precise. Less precision required = higher probability.

So, put your description of the grab and elbow lock together with the video showing the initial creation of the opportunity to grab with maximized (but still very low) safety, I think you have hit upon a good solution.

DanTheWolfman
12-28-2022, 02:36 PM
Being able to just be instinctive is key beyond a few core techniques and positions.

Given only 2 of Tom Given's students instances were at entangled arm reach cqb distances there are other probabilities to be more concerned with.

In all but most extreme cqb like car I'd rather have a traditional Sabre forward grip tanto then a reverse grip or evil looking karambit in court.

I worked a strip club full of Crack dealers. Only BUG, my tanto folder and added a TDI for that location. The tdi would be the first drawn in most circumstances that could have happened but hit coming in through door after smoking other guard was a possibility. Same re door.. the tdi would have probably been better than BUG up close

For me I decided 2 pistols and folder is my edc OR work not one pistol and a fixed blade.

But that's personal choices.

Joe S
12-28-2022, 09:11 PM
I worked a strip club full of Crack dealers. Only BUG, my tanto folder and added a TDI for that location. The tdi would be the first drawn in most circumstances that could have happened but hit coming in through door after smoking other guard was a possibility. Same re door.. the tdi would have probably been better than BUG up close

For me I decided 2 pistols and folder is my edc OR work not one pistol and a fixed blade.

But that's personal choices.

Dan, I think I'm missing something here. Working the club, you added a fixed blade, to have a quick to draw in close option, but then decided later that a folder and additional gun made more sense?

DanTheWolfman
12-28-2022, 09:30 PM
Dan, I think I'm missing something here. Working the club, you added a fixed blade, to have a quick to draw in close option, but then decided later that a folder and additional gun made more sense?

Well Joe, for such a critical guy you seem unable to picture much of anything. Environments and anticipated threats change.

I didn't realize you were my daddy and I had to justify everything ever to you? Give me past child support if you are, and a Christmas gift :)

Perhaps you don't understand a BUG vs a full size pistol? Perhaps I didn't feel the need to explain the attire and the crowded environment to you. Perhaps, you don't understand that a folder is 99% a tool and a very last ditch option in worst case scenario positions that are far unlikely (especially for one with my skillset) and something you should carry anyways. Perhaps you don't know what a TDI is. Perhaps, you criticize instead of watching a 3 minute video, before trying to visualize and understand things where you can participate meaningfully or contribute anything. Funny that you have all that time for typing, yet not enough desire on a serious subject to watch a 3 minute video before commenting. Are you not understanding that a BUG and a folder should always be carried, and for a specific location a full size pistol was not desirable yet a TDI may have been? I said I added a TDI, and in the most likely scenarios for that environment, that would have been the deadly force option of choice. Yet in my current job, and also not at work...I choose to carry two pistols instead of one and a fixed blade like others recommended doctrine (or those that recommend primary, bug, plus fixed blade or worse a scary looking karambit, plus a folder....which...I think may be attempted to be used against someone not on LE duty in the aftermath).

It Seems like you maybe are hopping on my thread to be a snarky thorn. If that is not the case, perhaps try to look at the broader thing I am trying to convey instead of simpleton talk. If you ae honest and sincere, let me know.

I worked ONE PARTICULAR ENVIRONMENT where the BUG and Folder I always carry were carried, but a Primary Pistol was not with a TDI taking it's place. Usually, whether at work or not, I carry a Primary Pistol and a Backup Gun accessible to my offhand. Both hands should have access to a deadly force tool/option. Perhaps, that is the clarification you were looking for. It was mentioned since the topic is knives and knife defense, and I am in the Stabby camp not the fancy evil looking slashy camp if that helps, while thinking of the legal aftermath if something other than primary pistol is needed. That also goes into the % you are far more likely to get a forward grip multiple stabbing attack, than a reverse grip stab, or a Filipino Kali/FMA Master slashing Figure-8 angles at you.

SouthNarc
12-28-2022, 10:06 PM
Well Joe, for such a critical guy you seem unable to picture much of anything. Environments and anticipated threats change.

I didn't realize you were my daddy and I had to justify everything ever to you? Give me past child support if you are, and a Christmas gift :)

Perhaps you don't understand a BUG vs a full size pistol? Perhaps I didn't feel the need to explain the attire and the crowded environment to you. Perhaps, you don't understand that a folder is 99% a tool and a very last ditch option in worst case scenario positions that are far unlikely (especially for one with my skillset) and something you should carry anyways. Perhaps you don't know what a TDI is. Perhaps, you criticize instead of watching a 3 minute video, before trying to visualize and understand things where you can participate meaningfully or contribute anything. Funny that you have all that time for typing, yet not enough desire on a serious subject to watch a 3 minute video before commenting. Are you not understanding that a BUG and a folder should always be carried, and for a specific location a full size pistol was not desirable yet a TDI may have been? I said I added a TDI, and in the most likely scenarios for that environment, that would have been the deadly force option of choice. Yet in my current job, and also not at work...I choose to carry two pistols instead of one and a fixed blade like others recommended doctrine (or those that recommend primary, bug, plus fixed blade or worse a scary looking karambit, plus a folder....which...I think may be attempted to be used against someone not on LE duty in the aftermath).

It Seems like you maybe are hopping on my thread to be a snarky thorn. If that is not the case, perhaps try to look at the broader thing I am trying to convey instead of simpleton talk. If you ae honest and sincere, let me know.

I worked ONE PARTICULAR ENVIRONMENT where the BUG and Folder I always carry were carried, but a Primary Pistol was not with a TDI taking it's place. Usually, whether at work or not, I carry a Primary Pistol and a Backup Gun accessible to my offhand. Both hands should have access to a deadly force tool/option. Perhaps, that is the clarification you were looking for. It was mentioned since the topic is knives and knife defense, and I am in the Stabby camp not the fancy evil looking slashy camp if that helps, while thinking of the legal aftermath if something other than primary pistol is needed. That also goes into the % you are far more likely to get a forward grip multiple stabbing attack, than a reverse grip stab, or a Filipino Kali/FMA Master slashing Figure-8 angles at you.

Joe is a vetted poster and asked you a question with not a hint of snark.

You need to dial your shit back dude especially being the new guy in the neighborhood.

Feel me?

Clusterfrack
12-28-2022, 10:07 PM

I think this was an honest and sincere question. Your response was pretty harsh. We want to encourage questions and discussion because this is a forum, not just your blog.

EDIT: SouthNarc, thanks for dropping in with a spot-on post.

DanTheWolfman
12-28-2022, 10:15 PM
Ohhhhhh!

So Joe didn't twice attack my writing instead of letting it drop previous to that, while admitting he didn't spend 3 minutes to watch a video and re-read what I wrote to see if it made more sense before attacking me which he did twice on Page 1?

And in this instance, I asked HIM, not anyone else, if he was directly looking for clarification or not. Then, I tried to provide it to him if he was.

Before that, I think I made the points to the poster that was dialoguing with me regarding a particularly interesting type of knife attack, and it at least seemed that thoughts and possible technical answers were conveyed.

MickAK
12-28-2022, 10:24 PM

You've received some feedback about your typing. I think I can offer some clarification.

I tend to pay attention to people on here who get offended very rarely, if it all. The stakes of what we're talking about are life and death. If you're putting down good stuff, like Southnarc does, and people don't pay attention they could die.

That seems like enough of a punishment without an angry reply.

Generally if someone is upset at a forum reply they're not focused enough on what they're trying to do. In this place if a reply is egregious enough the mods, though shit, will deal with it not out of being offended but because they're focused on the topic and don't want distractions. They're students and teachers and want a good learning environment.

I hope that helps.

SouthNarc
12-28-2022, 10:25 PM
Ohhhhhh!

So Joe didn't twice attack my writing instead of letting it drop previous to that, while admitting he didn't spend 3 minutes to watch a video and re-read what I wrote to see if it made more sense before attacking me which he did twice on Page 1?

And in this instance, I asked HIM, not anyone else, if he was directly looking for clarification or not. Then, I tried to provide it to him if he was.

Before that, I think I made the points to the poster that was dialoguing with me regarding a particularly interesting type of knife attack, and it at least seemed that thoughts and possible technical answers were conveyed.

No. He didn't attack your writing. He didn't watch the video, but he didn't "attack" anything.

And the "Ohhhh" lead in is fairly puerile and histrionic.

Once again....dial it back.

DanTheWolfman
12-28-2022, 10:33 PM

I worked ONE PARTICULAR ENVIRONMENT where the BUG and Folder I always carry were carried, but a Primary Pistol was not with a TDI taking it's place. Usually, whether at work or not, I carry a Primary Pistol and a Backup Gun accessible to my offhand. Both hands should have access to a deadly force tool/option. Perhaps, that is the clarification you were looking for. It was mentioned since the topic is knives and knife defense, and I am in the Stabby camp not the fancy evil looking slashy camp if that helps, while thinking of the legal aftermath if something other than primary pistol is needed especially for none-LE. That also goes into the % you are far more likely to get a forward grip multiple stabbing sewing machine type of attack, rather than a reverse grip stab, or a Filipino Kali/FMA Master slashing Figure-8 angles at you or keeping at distance doing snap cuts.

willie
12-29-2022, 01:27 AM
Perhaps our new member should visit this section of PF and designate himself as instructor. If he lacks a website, he might develop one and offer his product in the same fashion as do others, for example holster makers. This way there is no misunderstanding about his motivation to join the forum. Too, he can then be in strict compliance with the rules. Note I do not imply wrong doing on his part but am stating that intent was/is not clear. I'm old and sick and may not read as well as some. I offer this suggestion to help resolve events before they might become thorny issues.

Welcome, Dan. For real.

DanTheWolfman
12-29-2022, 11:16 AM
Perhaps our new member should visit this section of PF and designate himself as instructor. If he lacks a website, he might develop one and offer his product in the same fashion as do others, for example holster makers. This way there is no misunderstanding about his motivation to join the forum. Too, he can then be in strict compliance with the rules. Note I do not imply wrong doing on his part but am stating that intent was/is not clear. I'm old and sick and may not read as well as some. I offer this suggestion to help resolve events before they might become thorny issues.

Welcome, Dan. For real.

The important post where I say I am happy to debate w/ the mods the technical answers to the most common attacks...and if it should be a 2 pronged approach or not, and if so which ones, was not replied to. Also, the original post, where I stated half of what I was doing was Beta Testing combining two other techniques, and perhaps others should beta test that as well, while admitting for those with infrequent training that may be a more dangerous response for putting the knife near your neck/ribs.

Other replies to someone that asked about a particular attack they had witnessed that is more difficult to deal with.
Not to mention all my posts in in Revolver, Auto, Ammo etc.

For this forum, I think most important would be for pressure testing the given techniques and finding out what are the best approaches and if it should be a 1 or 2 pronged approach for most angle 1 forward and even downward attacks. Everyone just teaching their thing, or holding to dogma, may not be the best instead trying to get a good group of people pressure testing and coming to some kind of consensus since it is an important subject.

Getting 5 more people to traffic a website and 20 people to watch a video from a small sub forum isn't earth shattering life changing numbers that matter to me nor anyone for that matter. Something that might actually save someone's life, or reminding them to move offline, or get a 2 on 1....is.

Edit...re typical forward grip knife attacks or at distance with reverse grip...for LE and CCW those armed perhaps a 3 pronged approach would be best

1. Great enough distance....circle retreat offline, while drawing, attempt to get barrier inbetween (front Sparta kick can be useful but that puts you more at range for Dog Catcher)
2. Mid-distance Dog Catcher/Jaws and easily converted in is overhead reverse grip attack basically all stays the same...pass to Russian 2 on 1
3. CLOSE Distance-surprised Sharp's double frame jam top arm across shoulders..to baseball bat 2 on 1

Totem Polar
12-29-2022, 12:55 PM
For this forum, I think most important would be for pressure testing the given techniques and finding out what are the best approaches and if it should be a 1 or 2 pronged approach for most angle 1 forward and even downward attacks. Everyone just teaching their thing, or holding to dogma, may not be the best instead trying to get a good group of people pressure testing and coming to some kind of consensus since it is an important subject.

Dan, I have enjoyed several of the videos you’ve shared, sir, and I think you have some great things to offer (I loved the free form aikido grappling stuff, as a reformed TMA nerd myself).

That said, I’ve trained with roughly a dozen P-F members in person—including under the mods here—and I can say that there is a looooong tradition of that particular collective doing *exactly* what you suggest. Those *decades* of pressure testing concepts are pretty much the raison d’etre for that collective in the first place.

What you know is absolutely an asset to this forum, and I’m glad to have a chance to see it. And, conversely, what you think you know or don’t know is dragging the discussion down.

JMO. I hope you stick around, and I hope you listen to the mods when they tell you to dial it back—there’s a bit of a “prescription without diagnosis” aspect to your posting here that is fatiguing. The reason that your presentation isn’t crippling your information transfer is that this forum is generally pretty dialed in as to value and collectively very thick skinned. We’re having to work harder than we should to pan for the gold though.

Again, JMO. Welcome to the forum Dan, sincerely.

DanTheWolfman
12-29-2022, 01:25 PM
A whole bunch of hierarchy chests around here, and aggressive behavoir.

The other night, my car is dead dead so $ stress, and given Joe had already attacked me twice for my technical gibberish writing, I did think he was attacking a 3rd time and not asking a sincere direct question.

I see no comprehensive approach that seems to be working when I see American LE deal badly w/ knife situations.

It seems perhaps it's an attitude of "we already know everything" instead of ....hmmmm a Dog Catcher is a much higher percentage technique without even getting stabbed once usually, vs the other techniques where you are more likely to get stabbed. I have not seen anyone teaching a pronged approach, including the Dog Catcher, based on Range/Reactionary gap. If there is a 3 pronged approach based on range, I have yet to see the video of it please share if there is one.

Does my video not show different techniques pressure tested? Don't see many of those dealing with different distances as the approach.

That's different than assuming every situation is an entangled CQB grappling with a knife situation so taking out your own sabretooth and poking them reverse grip in the back is the answer. I'm not saying that is a bad answer for that range, but untrained don't act like the trained, and also, that is not the range most knife attacks start at. It's also not where most DGU take place. Also, none LE may be more scrutinized for their evil looking knife defensive use when they are also carrying a gun. My choice for me (in most environments...I already gave a personal exception) that a BUG is more important. For None LE 2 guns, fixed blade, and a folder may be questioned...or as Ayoob said to carrying 3 guns might be ostentatious. And, as far as grappling/cqb fighting is concerned, not saying others aren't qualified but given my credentials and experience I might have something to add there as well such as grappling in the unknown street environment when they may have weapons, go for yours, have buddies jump in etc.
[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyuE_9Rup9o

Posting a video, and raising the question of my beta testing combining two other techniques, and shouldn't there be a more pronged approach based on distance really shouldn't be getting such a hostile reaction of don't rock the boat outsider, you're not from our hood.

SouthNarc
12-29-2022, 03:30 PM
During my law enforcement career I was always stunned at the number of problem children who were not fired but given the option to resign.

Invariably these same officers would get hired by neighboring agencies and the same problems would manifest. This would often go on for years until finally they fucked up badly enough to be forced out of the profession.

"DanTheWolfman" has been unceremoniously banned.

I've been contacted by several different people regarding him in a 24 hour period.

Paul banned him from the Old School Jiu-Jitsu FB group for being a whack job and then he was banned from the BJJ Fanatics group for the same behavior.

And then there's his public discourse here.

That's enough for me.

No one has the "right" to be here and I've been moderating internet forums since 2002. I can smell toxic and crazy a mile away.

So this weed has been pulled without fanfare.

I'm gonna leave this thread open for another day, for any member that wishes to remark on this decision good, bad or otherwise. But I will not allow an unhinged person skilled at violence to bully established forum members.

Fuck that.

psalms144.1
12-29-2022, 04:02 PM
Craig - all I can say is thanks. In my time on PF, I've only had to "block" one other person - not because their info was bad, just because I couldn't stand the toxic nature of most of their posts.

DtW struck me as borderline unhinged, and all the attempts by folks more articulate than I to get him to STFU and listen a bit fell on deaf ears. That's what our friends in the FBI would call "a clue," so I wholeheartedly support your decision.

PNWTO
12-29-2022, 04:09 PM
Dunning-Kruger often presents regurgitation as creativity.

Kudos to Craig for maintaining the integrity of this forum and gratitude to those members that tried despite the warnings.

And I mean the latter half of the above statement in sincerity.

BehindBlueI's
12-29-2022, 05:42 PM
He was up to be voted off the island and by large consensus was deemed unsuitable for the culture PF tries to cultivate.

Joe S
12-29-2022, 07:02 PM
I was going over in my head how best to respond, but that solves that.

SouthNarc , thanks for the kind word on my behalf. Shouldn't have been necessary, but warmed the atrophied little lump of coal I call my heart.

BWT
12-29-2022, 07:10 PM
I trust the moderators here and Craig specifically on this one.

Thanks for handling this.

SouthNarc
12-29-2022, 07:18 PM
I was going over in my head how best to respond, but that solves that.

SouthNarc , thanks for the kind word on my behalf. Shouldn't have been necessary, but warmed the atrophied little lump of coal I call my heart.

Sure thing buddy!

Navin Johnson
12-29-2022, 07:21 PM
What took so long?

BehindBlueI's
12-29-2022, 07:32 PM
What took so long?

Shit mods.

03RN
12-29-2022, 08:21 PM
During my law enforcement career I was always stunned at the number of problem children who were not fired but given the option to resign.

Invariably these same officers would get hired by neighboring agencies and the same problems would manifest. This would often go on for years until finally they fucked up badly enough to be forced out of the profession.

I've been contacted by several different people regarding him in a 24 hour period.

Paul banned him from the Old School Jiu-Jitsu FB group for being a whack job and then he was banned from the BJJ Fanatics group for the same behavior.

And then there's his public discourse here.

That's enough for me.

No one has the "right" to be here and I've been moderating internet forums since 2002. I can smell toxic and crazy a mile away.

So this weed has been pulled without fanfare.

I'm gonna leave this thread open for another day, for any member that wishes to remark on this decision good, bad or otherwise. But I will not allow an unhinged person skilled at violence to bully established forum members.

Fuck that.

https://youtu.be/VzEQ2u_ibGM

Cdub_NW
12-29-2022, 09:13 PM
Thanks for swift exit of patterned crazy SouthNarc

We don't need that sort of BS here. If people want to watch, laugh, etc... they can check it out on youtube all day if they please.

willie
12-29-2022, 10:40 PM
Thanks for swift exit of patterned crazy SouthNarc

We don't need that sort of BS here. If people want to watch, laugh, etc... they can check it out on youtube all day if they please.

Ain't that the truth!

Mark D
12-29-2022, 11:02 PM

Thank you.

Joe in PNG
12-29-2022, 11:06 PM
Credit where credit is due- the mods and more than a few members were very patient with him- a lot more than he deserved.

blues
12-29-2022, 11:16 PM
Who could've seen this train wreck coming?

willie
12-30-2022, 11:04 AM

I think he told me I was full of shit, but since I couldn't decipher his writing, I ain't offended.;)

jd950
12-30-2022, 11:56 AM
I don't have a dog ion the fight, as they say. But I guess now he could use a new wolf avatar?

JTMcC
12-30-2022, 12:20 PM
well, thank goodness that's all over :)

blues
12-30-2022, 12:30 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/HkaU9nnf4pqEg/giphy.gif

Colt191145lover
12-30-2022, 04:15 PM

Navin Johnson
12-30-2022, 06:36 PM

His first post

his name

his words

I am astonished the people that complimented him and subscribed to his shit (yes I know he probably trained/fought more MMA champions/masters than any one he knew of....and yes I know he showed super special techniques in his vids that according to him only he could probably pull off)

He did say his videos would save lives so I hope we can sticky them.....

Punt

blues
12-30-2022, 06:43 PM
His first post

his name

his words

I am astonished the people that complimented him and subscribed to his shit (yes I know he probably trained/fought more MMA champions/masters than any one he knew of....and yes I know he showed super special techniques in his vids that according to him only he could probably pull off)

He did say his videos would save lives so I hope we can sticky them.....

Punt

Yeah. It was sarcasm.

Half Moon
12-30-2022, 08:44 PM
Yeah. It was sarcasm.

GASP!

So a week later they called again and told me the cheque had bounced and said… I had to see… Doug. Well, I was terrified. Everyone was terrified of Doug. I’ve seen grown men pull their own heads off rather than see Doug. Even Dinsdale was frightened of Doug. He used… sarcasm. He knew all the tricks: dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and… satire. He was vicious.”

Maple Syrup Actual
12-30-2022, 11:48 PM
Leaving aside the general "well this seems nuts" vibe, I'll say that I clicked on the first video and about five seconds in, I thought, man, if I got a grip on the wrist of a guy holding a knife, there is NO FUCKING WAY I'd trade that for a sort of open-handed bar.

I admit that my instincts are just the product of my own experiences and I make no claim to being capable of teaching anything. But I'm pretty confident that if I tried to do that to someone, he'd have enough torque in his torso to wrench that shoulder forward and down, and now I don't have the knife wrist anymore, but I probably have a pretty bad cut on my forearm.

So personally, I went five seconds in and thought, that doesn't make sense to me - I'll try to view more when I have more time and see if other stuff does make sense to me.

But then I never really got past the "oh it's one of THESE guys" writing style. It just reminded me too much of the various survivalist guys I've encountered with passionate beliefs in stuff like "the 45/70 is what you should have standardized on" or "the most important skill you'll ever have is making lock picks out of broken-off street sweeper bristles."

Both real-life examples, incidentally. Similar writing style in either case, anyway.

Lester Polfus
12-31-2022, 12:14 AM
Trying to read his posts reminded me of trying to understand the lyrics to Yellow Ledbetter.

SouthNarc
12-31-2022, 05:31 AM
Okay guys this one is done.

Closed.