PDA

View Full Version : TDA G26 equivalent?

HeavyDuty
12-20-2022, 08:52 AM
One thing that is concerning me about transitioning from Glock to TDA for defensive carry is a G26 sized pistol. What is out there? It’s not an area I have any experience with.

To be honest I carry my G26 more than any other pistol, and not having a TDA equivalent may keep me using Glocks for carry and the TDAs for fun.

El Cid
12-20-2022, 09:07 AM
One thing that is concerning me about transitioning from Glock to TDA for defensive carry is a G26 sized pistol. What is out there? It’s not an area I have any experience with.

To be honest I carry my G26 more than any other pistol, and not having a TDA equivalent may keep me using Glocks for carry and the TDAs for fun.

This is the first one that comes to mind.
https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/beretta-px4-storm-subcompact-vs-glock-g26

Have the fine folks at Langdon Tactical do their magic and carry on.

Polecat
12-20-2022, 09:11 AM
There are two Berettas, the PX4 compact and subcompact. The compact is a bit bigger, but it is easier to shoot and manipulate. The sub is close. Try comparing them in handgun hero for idea.

There was mention on an HK discussion of the micro will be coming with different trigger configurations amd mag release options, but who knows, maybe the delay is because of that. HK has typically released subs in bothe LEM, V3, and striker permutations, so hopefully they figure out a way to make a micro work.

Recently spoke to a CZ rep about the P10sc, while trying to use the new configurator on their website. Asked if any P07 refresh likely and he offered, “should see smaller and lighter P07 and bigger P09!” He also noted they were updating the P10m, which hopefully means either optic compatible and or more capacity.

Personally, I am trying to find a PX4 locally.

Dave

HeavyDuty
12-20-2022, 09:23 AM
This is the first one that comes to mind.
https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/beretta-px4-storm-subcompact-vs-glock-g26

Have the fine folks at Langdon Tactical do their magic and carry on.

I was looking at the SC, but it seems (on paper, anyways) to be a little tall and the barrel on the short side. It’s worth a look, I recently picked up a PX4CC and a full size .45 but it’s very early days. I thought I read somewhere LTT doesn’t do a TJIB and doesn’t work on the sub?

There are two Berettas, the PX4 compact and subcompact. The compact is a bit bigger, but it is easier to shoot and manipulate. The sub is close. Try comparing them in handgun hero for idea.

There was mention on an HK discussion of the micro will be coming with different trigger configurations amd mag release options, but who knows, maybe the delay is because of that. HK has typically released subs in bothe LEM, V3, and striker permutations, so hopefully they figure out a way to make a micro work.

Recently spoke to a CZ rep about the P10sc, while trying to use the new configurator on their website. Asked if any P07 refresh likely and he offered, “should see smaller and lighter P07 and bigger P09!” He also noted they were updating the P10m, which hopefully means either optic compatible and or more capacity.

Personally, I am trying to find a PX4 locally.

Dave

My PX4CC is definitely G19 sized, I need to find a SC to handle.

HeavyDuty
12-20-2022, 09:39 AM
I’m playing around on Handgun Hero while I’m at the car dealer, and just realized a P30sk is smaller than I thought. Maybe that’s an option?

Shoresy
12-20-2022, 09:44 AM
I’m playing around on Handgun Hero while I’m at the car dealer, and just realized a P30sk is smaller than I thought. Maybe that’s an option?

For all that it’s worth, P30sk is what came immediately to my mind.

TeeBee
12-20-2022, 09:51 AM
Dave

That's some cool sounding news. I think it would be cool to see a 5" P-09 and maybe a shorter P-07 that is more on the P-10SC size, taking the 12 round magazines. I just didn't think that would happen with the introduction of the P-10 series. Maybe, with the discontinuation of the 2075 RAMI (also a good G26 TDA alternative that has been discontinued), the demand is there for a polymer Omega equivalent. I'd really like to see all of this come to fruition as I'm quite invested in the P-07/09/10 ecosystem.

I've also considered the P30SK as a replacement for my G26. Of course, having it worked over by Langdon Tactical.

Kanye Wyoming
12-20-2022, 10:10 AM
Same.

45dotACP
12-20-2022, 10:14 AM
I'm a fan of the TDA, but despite my lack of enthusiasm for most 9mm Glocks, I think the G26 is perhaps the best 9mm Glock ever made.

I will say that the p07 I favor for carry is very easy to conceal. About on the level of something like a g26 even though they're nowhere near the same size.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

gato naranja
12-20-2022, 10:33 AM
I was looking at the SC, but it seems (on paper, anyways) to be a little tall and the barrel on the short side. It’s worth a look, I recently picked up a PX4CC and a full size .45 but it’s very early days. I thought I read somewhere LTT doesn’t do a TJIB and doesn’t work on the sub?

Whether or not LTT wants to mess with the subcompact, most of the improvements that can be done to the larger models can be made to them. Put a 12# hammer spring in it, install a set of Carry levers, polish a few spots, add some grip texture and the thing will perk right up.

I personally like the size of the subcompact and find it useful, but it is not as easy a pistol to shoot as the compact or full size PX4... maybe I should say that it is less forgiving. The lockup is trad tilt barrel, not rotary, and this makes a difference in the recoil impulse.

A potential negative is that one long-time PX4 SC shooter on the p-f forum has experienced a fractured steel locking block insert, which may indicate that the number of rounds you can run through a subcompact before failure is limited. These are not pistols I fire a lot, so they will outlast me, but if I shot one recreationally I might be less blasé about it.

JAH 3rd
12-20-2022, 10:52 AM
Personally, one of my favorites is the P2000. Though a bit larger than a G26, I like the full-size grip. This allows me to use a full-fingered grip. Not having to curl my pinky underneath the mag. I find a full-fingered grip helps stabilize the pistol. I think the first DA shot on a compact or subcompact can disturb the sight picture, which in itself is distracting. And HKs are not known for their light DA first shot. Of course there is the light LEM version. I've read where replacing springs (hammer, trigger, and firing pin block) can add or reduce trigger pull weight, depending what base pistol one is using. And I believe there are versions of HKs with the hammer is flush with the slide.

I grew up shooting a S&W model 19. My first auto was the S&W 59 DA/SA. No doubt this influenced my DA thinking from decades ago.

I enjoy shooting my striker-fired pistols. That one constant trigger pull. But for carry, I practice with the P2000, carry same. It's just my comfort zone.

LOKNLOD
12-20-2022, 11:12 AM

Having played this game a few times, I haven’t had much luck finding a true hammer/TDA G26 equivalent.

Glock has done great with 4 sizes - small, medium, large, XL - 26, 19, 17, 34

Everyone else seems to have settled on 2-3 sizes that sort of fit in between, especially in that 26-19 gap. Most of the competitors for the 26 seem to be somewhere in there but I haven’t quite found anything as space efficient as the 26.

The P2000sk feels a little slimmer in the grip than a P30sk but they’re very close to same. Without a pinky extension they’re close, but still a bit bulkier. Given the P30 really has a full size grip, they’re still a great companion to it. A p30Sk with the 13 round mag is basically a P2000, and the P2000 is closest to 19 sized.

The PX4 subcompact is in a similar boat. They also seem to be hard to find.

The XD-E seems to have died off. It was less G26 and more slimline.

I’m beginning to think the best DA G26 is a J-Frame.

GlockenSpiel
12-20-2022, 11:13 AM
I would go with one of the HK SK guns as well, in your choice of p30/2000 and lem or not. The px4 subcompact does not seem nearly as available or tested to me, though they do generally get good reviews.

You're not the only one to experience some difficulties finding a small da/sa carry gun:
https://youtu.be/rCTY9rhBURQ

Going to a Glock 26 equivalent at least allows some more size, but generally the SKs are still going to be a bit chubbier than the Glock.

medmo
12-20-2022, 11:33 AM
Final Answer:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?30215-The-Px4-Sub-Compact-is-becoming-my-DA-SA-Glock-26-27

HCM
12-20-2022, 11:39 AM
The P2000 and the PX4 compact are NOT G26 equivalents. They are G19 sized guns.

The P30 SK is in a weird limbo size in between G19 and G26. It is just enough bigger than the P 2000sk to be annoying.

Actual options are the PX4 sub Compact and the P2000sk. Of the two I would take the P2000sk.

One thing to note about the PX4 SC is it does not use the storm rotating barrel system and it’s a handful.

CZ has a TDA sub compact called the Rami but I was not impressed.

45dotACP
12-20-2022, 11:41 AM
Having played this game a few times, I haven’t had much luck finding a true hammer/TDA G26 equivalent.

Glock has done great with 4 sizes - small, medium, large, XL - 26, 19, 17, 34

Everyone else seems to have settled on 2-3 sizes that sort of fit in between, especially in that 26-19 gap. Most of the competitors for the 26 seem to be somewhere in there but I haven’t quite found anything as space efficient as the 26.

The P2000sk feels a little slimmer in the grip than a P30sk but they’re very close to same. Without a pinky extension they’re close, but still a bit bulkier. Given the P30 really has a full size grip, they’re still a great companion to it. A p30Sk with the 13 round mag is basically a P2000, and the P2000 is closest to 19 sized.

The PX4 subcompact is in a similar boat. They also seem to be hard to find.

The XD-E seems to have died off. It was less G26 and more slimline.

I’m beginning to think the best DA G26 is a J-Frame.I can't like this post enough.

The P30SK is a good bit larger than a G26. Really the only company to truly make a gun with the dimensions and capabilities of the 26 is Glock themselves. The fact that it gives up nothing in accuracy and only a little in shoot ability when compared to its larger brethren is amazing to me.

It may be one of the most accurate Glocks made (if they didn't make their .45s) and that's surprising to me given that most subcompacts have worse accuracy in general when compared to their larger counterparts.

I suppose the g26 size niche really depends on what your needs are.

For me, a g26 size gun only really serves a role of convenience/comfort. It's not quite as much real estate as my P07 in a JMCK AIWB 2.5 wingclaw. But there's no difference in concealment for me personally given my body type (big thighs/ass, small waist, wider shoulders) and generally awful sense of style.

I am too short to wear pants that can accomodate pocket carry any Glock, so it's not a pocket rocket either. It would be really nice if I were 6'3 and 245lbs because then a g26 is a pocket gun...but such is life.

Clusterfrack
12-20-2022, 12:20 PM

For CCW, grip length is the size that matters. I don't see the point of guns with a very G26 size barrel but a G19 size grip. A short slide only makes the gun need a longer holster. Everyone I know who carries a G26 AIWB (including me) uses a G19 length holster.

So, the obvious answer to the question of what is the TDA equivalent to a Glock 26 is a:

...Glock 26...

...with a SCD Gadget (https://langdontactical.com/glock-striker-control-device-scd/).

HeavyDuty
12-20-2022, 12:39 PM
For CCW, grip length is the size that matters. I don't see the point of guns with a very G26 size barrel but a G19 size grip. A short slide only makes the gun need a longer holster. Everyone I know who carries a G26 AIWB (including me) uses a G19 length holster.

So, the obvious answer to the question of what is the TDA equivalent to a Glock 26 is a:

...Glock 26...

...with a SCD Gadget (https://langdontactical.com/glock-striker-control-device-scd/).

Yup, that’s my main carry - a 26.5 with RMRcc and SCD. It just plain works. The carry rotation discussion got me thinking, though - if I’m going TDA for service and compact carry pistols (92s and PX4CC) will also carrying a 26 get me killed in da streetz? A month ago, I wouldn’t have worried about it.

I just remembered I already have a couple other partial options to supplant a 26 - a P99c (love that TDAish trigger!) and a P2000sk that’s LEM. Neither would be a picnic to RDS. I think I’d be wisest to work with what I have, for now anyways.

JCN
12-20-2022, 12:56 PM

So I’ll make a little qualification to that…

I’m a short guy and slide length poking me in the groin when sitting, etc is probably my main dimension that matters.

Grip length I can work around with claws and wedges.

Slide length I could with higher riding holsters but for printing reasons, I like to hide the gun behind the belt line.

So a short P365 slide is wonderful to carry and anything longer I am a little more limited.

Yup, that’s my main carry - a 26.5 with RMRcc and SCD. It just plain works. The carry rotation discussion got me thinking, though - if I’m going TDA for service and compact carry pistols (92s and PX4CC) will also carrying a 26 get me killed in da streetz? A month ago, I wouldn’t have worried about it.

I just remembered I already have a couple other partial options to supplant a 26 - a P99c (love that TDAish trigger!) and a P2000sk that’s LEM. Neither would be a picnic to RDS. I think I’d be wisest to work with what I have, for now anyways.

These next two are JCN bizarro suggestions, but barring a capacity concern…

My TDA replacements for a G26 would be:

Kahr PM9
Boberg XR9S / Bond Bullpup.

The Boberg is a hammer fired double action only short 9mm with rotating barrel.

https://youtu.be/E6aoJFKRX6A

I own both but haven’t shot either for a while. Happy to dig them out and make a video or compare them back to back with a G26 if any questions.

Sig_Fiend
12-20-2022, 01:03 PM
I'd say either the P2000SK or P30SK. For all intents and purposes, those two are the same size as each other. They're bigger than a G26, but not to a huge degree IMO. The P2000SK is ever so slightly sleeker than the P30SK all around (mostly in the frame) but, not by an appreciable degree. If you look at specs on HK's site or HandgunHero (https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/heckler-koch-p2000-sk-vs-heckler-koch-p30sk), the differences in weight, height, and length are within 0.02" or 0.01oz. Not even a factor, so I'd only focus on aesthetics, comfort, or other tangible aspects.

I'd recommend either of the HK's due to the bomb-proof mags and sheer number of trigger options available. Either gun is compatible with mags from: USP9C, P2K, P2KSK, P30, P30SK, VP9, VP9SK. Probably the widest mag compatibility of any TDA pistol on the market.

As far as trigger options, there are a ton. From the factory alone, there are a number of different weights of trigger return springs, firing pin block springs, and sear springs you can mix and match to achieve a several pound weight difference as well as different pull characteristics.

There are a few caveats to watch out for. You can technically convert the DA/SA (V3) variants to LEM, but not vice versa. The LEM models have extra polymer at the rear of the frame, blocking off the area where the DA/SA decocker goes. Although this may be a non-issue, if you buy a V3 variant and later convert to LEM, you'll have a bit of a gap on that portion of the frame where the decocker no longer is (assuming you swapped the V3 sear for an LEM sear). This could be a potential area for increased ingress of debris from carry.

As far as sights, the P2KSK and P2K line in general are more limited. There are only few options for them. The options that are available for them (Meprolight, Trijicon, Dawson) are quite good at least. If going red dot, just beware LTT doesn't currently do the P2K series I believe.

Totem Polar
12-20-2022, 01:07 PM

...Glock 26...

This. All of it.

PX4 Storm Tracker
12-20-2022, 01:08 PM

We have had very good results in using the PX4 Storm SubCompact 9mm for EDC and a duplicate as a range gun.
Although LTT does not have a TJIAB does not mean that they would not receive the pistol and do a trigger job on it. However, we have found that a D spring and different levers do just fine.

There is an advantage to the same action and feel (manual of arms) as your other pistols.

PX4 Storm Tracker
12-20-2022, 01:15 PM

I have an HK P30sk v3 and it is larger than a PX4 SubCompact, but smaller than a Compact. However, even with Dawson Precision FO sights (irrelevant) and a GrayGuns short reset kit, the action and reset are 50% heavier and longer in the SK than a PX4 Storm. It also has less slimness of controls.

10 rounds capacity with a flush fitting mag, compared to 13 with the PX4 Sub, is a factor to consider. Also, I can get my pinky on all PX4s.

PX4 Storm Tracker
12-20-2022, 01:25 PM
Whether or not LTT wants to mess with the subcompact, most of the improvements that can be done to the larger models can be made to them. Put a 12# hammer spring in it, install a set of Carry levers, polish a few spots, add some grip texture and the thing will perk right up.

I personally like the size of the subcompact and find it useful, but it is not as easy a pistol to shoot as the compact or full size PX4... maybe I should say that it is less forgiving. The lockup is trad tilt barrel, not rotary, and this makes a difference in the recoil impulse.

A potential negative is that one long-time PX4 SC shooter on the p-f forum has experienced a fractured steel locking block insert, which may indicate that the number of rounds you can run through a subcompact before failure is limited. These are not pistols I fire a lot, so they will outlast me, but if I shot one recreationally I might be less blasé about it.

That PX4 SubCompact suffered a locking frame fracture at 25,998 rounds, while the other is on EDC duty with 10,000 rounds and no issues, no malfunctions and no stress or breakage indications.

So, is a SubCompact made to endure military standard endurance testing (like the other PX4s)? I don't know. Would a person put that many rounds on a SubCompact for carrying? IDK

Polecat
12-20-2022, 02:22 PM
I prefer a “just full enough grip for 3 fingers,” and shorter slide. The PX4 is really kind of a sweet spot. I had a shooting buddy who had to draw and said though he was the victor, his grip was clumsy and half assed and he didn’t think he was gonna be able to get the gun out. That totally changed HIS carry paradigm, from sub to compact minimum grip. CZ recently released their “SC” or semicompact P10. These have full slide with compact grip. The SC for CZ has typically been a full grip with compact slide. I decided to try the new one as I have a P10 competition and it is just crazy flat shooting.

BillSWPA
12-20-2022, 02:38 PM
Both thickness and grip length are critical for concealment. A 0.2 inch difference in thickness or a .5 inch difference in grip length will be significant. Anything with that big a difference in either dimension is not a good equivalent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polecat
12-20-2022, 04:21 PM
I am curious as to how Beretta envisions the PX4 update / refresh the president spoke of during his interview with James on TFB! I hope they narrow the offerings one between full and compact, and one between compact and sub. “Micro” PX4 would be even cooler.

Also, I wonder what the rate limiting step is with a smaller 92 say smaller than current compact?

I do like the rotating barrel!!

Evil_Ed
12-20-2022, 04:48 PM
CZ Rami?
Walther P99c? (They do come in now and again still)
Trying to remember what else I've got kicking around that's tiny and DA/SA...Sig P220 Compact, or P245? Both would probably be difficult to find since Sig discontinues all things..though to be honest the 220 Compact is probably closer to G19 height with a pinky grip mag in it.

BehindBlueI's
12-20-2022, 05:12 PM
CZ Rami?
Walther P99c? (They do come in now and again still)
Trying to remember what else I've got kicking around that's tiny and DA/SA...Sig P220 Compact, or P245? Both would probably be difficult to find since Sig discontinues all things..though to be honest the 220 Compact is probably closer to G19 height with a pinky grip mag in it.

P245 is definitely chunkier. I own one, and it's nice but bigger in every dimension compared to the G26. I agree it's more G19.

revchuck38
12-20-2022, 05:28 PM
I was going to suggest the P99c since it’s the right size, but not adaptable to RDO so that’s off the table. I’d stick with the 26.

HeavyDuty
12-20-2022, 06:26 PM
I was going to suggest the P99c since it’s the right size, but not adaptable to RDO so that’s off the table. I’d stick with the 26.

You bring up a good point. I do rather like my P99c, but never considered that it’s an optics free zone. The way my eyes are going, that would be a foolish route.

When it comes right down to it, Glocks may be the most dottable platform.

Evil_Ed
12-20-2022, 07:38 PM
P245 is definitely chunkier. I own one, and it's nice but bigger in every dimension compared to the G26. I agree it's more G19.

Indeed, I have a 220Compact and remembered I took some photos in comparison with other things, and ...it's a bit of a chonk.

Polecat
12-20-2022, 07:42 PM
I wonder if S&W won’t be the first to pull this off! An updated CS9 using the CSX mag, no fat ass clunky Hogue rubber grip, think adjustable backstraps. The CSX was so close just should have been a better executed.

JonInWA
12-20-2022, 07:58 PM
I'd say either the P2000SK or P30SK. For all intents and purposes, those two are the same size as each other. They're bigger than a G26, but not to a huge degree IMO. The P2000SK is ever so slightly sleeker than the P30SK all around (mostly in the frame) but, not by an appreciable degree. If you look at specs on HK's site or HandgunHero (https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/heckler-koch-p2000-sk-vs-heckler-koch-p30sk), the differences in weight, height, and length are within 0.02" or 0.01oz. Not even a factor, so I'd only focus on aesthetics, comfort, or other tangible aspects.

I'd recommend either of the HK's due to the bomb-proof mags and sheer number of trigger options available. Either gun is compatible with mags from: USP9C, P2K, P2KSK, P30, P30SK, VP9, VP9SK. Probably the widest mag compatibility of any TDA pistol on the market.

As far as trigger options, there are a ton. From the factory alone, there are a number of different weights of trigger return springs, firing pin block springs, and sear springs you can mix and match to achieve a several pound weight difference as well as different pull characteristics.

There are a few caveats to watch out for. You can technically convert the DA/SA (V3) variants to LEM, but not vice versa. The LEM models have extra polymer at the rear of the frame, blocking off the area where the DA/SA decocker goes. Although this may be a non-issue, if you buy a V3 variant and later convert to LEM, you'll have a bit of a gap on that portion of the frame where the decocker no longer is (assuming you swapped the V3 sear for an LEM sear). This could be a potential area for increased ingress of debris from carry.

As far as sights, the P2KSK and P2K line in general are more limited. There are only few options for them. The options that are available for them (Meprolight, Trijicon, Dawson) are quite good at least. If going red dot, just beware LTT doesn't currently do the P2K series I believe.

Word. This. I'd also go the LEM route, but since the P30 SK's only orderable LEM is V1, I'd have a Medium trigger return/rebound spring installed (essentially making it a "V1.5") for more trigger resistance during the pull travel to the wall.

https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p30sk/

Best, Jon

Sig_Fiend
12-20-2022, 08:55 PM
Word. This. I'd also go the LEM route, but since the P30 SK's only orderable LEM is V1, I'd have a Medium trigger return/rebound spring installed (essentially making it a "V1.5") for more trigger resistance during the pull travel to the wall.

https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p30sk/

Best, Jon

Agreed. IMO the V1 / light LEM in anything, USPC, P2K, and P30 is way too light and sluggish as a result. They're usually a ~4-4.5# pull, but the pre-travel is ridiculously light IMO.

That's exactly why the TLG combo (FPBS - #209296, heavy TRS - 234405, hammer spring - 214300) was a nice improvement for the P30. A little heavier, more positive reset, more consistent pull through the full stroke.

Only change I'd make from the TLG combo is the medium TRS like you said (#234773), which drops it from ~6# down to #5 and is super smooth. With the GGI flat trigger, the pull is sublime and what the Glock NY1 wishes it could be when it grows up!

Paul D
12-20-2022, 10:09 PM
This may not be helpful: G26 vs SW 6906. Same thickness. Holds 12 rounds. I love the trigger. Same grip length compared to Glock extended mag.

https://i.imgur.com/lKdkQ1L.jpg

Duelist
12-20-2022, 11:02 PM
If it absolutely has to be a TDA subcompact, I’d be hunting a lightly used CS9, if the 3913 or 6906 are too big. And expecting to pay.

My TDA battery was: Beretta 92A1, pair of 3913s I carried most of the time, 4516-1 I carried when I wanted a compact .45 (chonky weight), and a 642. Never did find a CS9, though I had a 3953 for a while, too. Now I’m carrying a 642 or 442, G42, G26, and G19X. Different guns for different roles, and all of the Glocks have SCDs.

I purged the excess S&W 3rd gens, just kept one 3913 and the 4516-1, and the Beretta. I’ve just got so many rounds through that 3913 and Beretta, and so many mags stockpiled, I choke every time I think about purging them, too.

HeavyDuty
12-20-2022, 11:29 PM
This may not be helpful: G26 vs SW 6906. Same thickness. Holds 12 rounds. I love the trigger. Same grip length compared to Glock extended mag.

I had a 469 back in the day, but it was decades before my first 26. I always remembered it as being a lot chunkier.

Paul D
12-21-2022, 12:36 AM
I had a 469 back in the day, but it was decades before my first 26. I always remembered it as being a lot chunkier.

It is heavier due to the aluminum frame. It is a little wider. Its heft and excellent trigger make it a better shooter than the H&K P2000SK and the PX4SC. I don't carry it because I can't shoot irons reliably anymore (RDS life for me). Of course, it is scarce, and I would be afraid to put super high number of rounds through it. However, if you can shoot a Beretta 92 or a Sig P228, you can shoot this without much practice. BTW, that girl who you thought was 'chunky' back in the day looks pretty hot today.:D

https://i.imgur.com/HKj3mxb.jpg

HeavyDuty
12-21-2022, 07:44 AM
Great suggestions, everyone. Adding the requirements that the pistol be current or recent production and readily capable of running a RDS, the only one I can see considering is a P30sk. LTT could set me right up if I’m willing to drop the cash.

However, I’m thinking my best option may well be to stay the course with my dotted 26.5 and SCD. Maybe I need to play with a NY1 to see if I can get closer to a TDA pull? I haven’t tried one since Clinton was president.

G26 really is a Goldilocks pistol.

claymore504
12-21-2022, 08:17 AM
First Option that came to my mind is the CZ Rami BD. Not made anymore, but if you can find one, it is pretty much G26 size. Used to own one and I was very impressed. They shoot very nice for being so small.

As for the comment about CZ saying a P07 & P09 refresh are coming, I really hope that is true! I am a big P07 & P09 fan and invested in both. Would love to see some updates.

Doc_Glock
12-21-2022, 10:15 AM

Same.

I would go with one of the HK SK guns as well, in your choice of p30/2000 and lem or not.

I'd say either the P2000SK or P30SK. For all intents and purposes, those two are the same size as each other.

I'd recommend either of the HK's due to the bomb-proof mags and sheer number of trigger options available.

Great suggestions, everyone. Adding the requirements that the pistol be current or recent production and readily capable of running a RDS, the only one I can see considering is a P30sk.

Came here to post after looking at title, but I will just add to the above suggestions. The P30/2000sk IMO is the best TDA pistol available in the G26ish size. Maybe the Walther P99c as well. That would be my personal top choice. HK makes great guns and the back of slide mounted decocker is awesome.

Editing to add: I don't own either P99c or P30sk any more. In fact I don't really use a G26 for this application any more, preferring a cut down G19 that I can mount a light to as needed.

OfficeCat
12-21-2022, 10:50 AM
Agreed. IMO the V1 / light LEM in anything, USPC, P2K, and P30 is way too light and sluggish as a result. They're usually a ~4-4.5# pull, but the pre-travel is ridiculously light IMO.

That's exactly why the TLG combo (FPBS - #209296, heavy TRS - 234405, hammer spring - 214300) was a nice improvement for the P30. A little heavier, more positive reset, more consistent pull through the full stroke.

Only change I'd make from the TLG combo is the medium TRS like you said (#234773), which drops it from ~6# down to #5 and is super smooth. With the GGI flat trigger, the pull is sublime and what the Glock NY1 wishes it could be when it grows up!

I've got the medium TRS and light FPBS combo in my P30 and P30sk and I love it. The medium TRS adds a nice bit of resistance at the start as well as adding a little oomph to the reset while the lighter FPBS smooths out the transition between the stages, although its effect is comparitively subtle. When operated quickly it feels much more like a smooth, light DA pull and much less stagey. The transition between the stages is still there if you look for it but it requires a conscious effort. It's very shootable. It really is what I was looking for but never found with all the various spring and connector combinations I experimented with in my Glock years ago.

Sig_Fiend
12-21-2022, 10:55 AM
Great suggestions, everyone. Adding the requirements that the pistol be current or recent production and readily capable of running a RDS, the only one I can see considering is a P30sk. LTT could set me right up if I’m willing to drop the cash.

However, I’m thinking my best option may well be to stay the course with my dotted 26.5 and SCD. Maybe I need to play with a NY1 to see if I can get closer to a TDA pull? I haven’t tried one since Clinton was president.

G26 really is a Goldilocks pistol.

Since you mentioned NY1, figured I'd mention this. Awhile back I bought all of the Glock NY trigger springs to play around with modifying (NY1, NY2, NY1 black - gen5, NY slim - 42/43/43x/48). The goal was to achieve something somewhat reminiscent of an LEM pull (as much as a striker can be anyways) with a goal weight of 5.0lb on the money. I haven't published the data yet but I found a number of industry sources for coil springs in various weights, similar dimensions, and began experimenting. I will publish the data at some point. Although I've mainly been testing NY1 on gen3's with different rates, so far I've found changing the coil spring rate makes very little difference in overall trigger weight.

For example, the stock NY1 coil spring is roughly a 17.5lb/in rate. I've been using an aftermarket coil spring with a 12.9lb/in rate (-26% reduction) which didn't make any meaningful difference. Also briefly experimented with a 9.15lb/in (-48%) and 7.62lb/in (-56%) spring, and same story. Any of those springs are a small difference from removing the spring entirely (not advised). As per usual with many of the experiments I do, much ado about nothing. ;)

This makes sense because the NY springs change the angle of attack on the trigger bar. A standard coil TRS either pulls (gen3) or pushes (gen5) the trigger bar up and to the rear. They are providing assistance against the striker spring weight, so you don't feel the full weight. The NY springs simply apply pressure straight up, perpendicular to the trigger bar and striker spring travel, so you have no rearward assistance.

Overall I've found the striker spring is the major factor in pull weight with the NY TRS, and we all know it's not a great idea messing with that in a Glock. I have yet to experiment with that but, the plan was to see if even dropping 0.5lb on the striker spring has any appreciable improvement in trigger pull.

For reference, here are the measurements I took for all of the current production NY trigger return springs:

Measurement
NY1
NY2
NY1 Slim
NY1 Black

OD

ID

OAL

Wire Diameter

Total Coils

Active Coils

Pitch

Space Between Coils

Nipples

Rate
17.591lb/in
31.474lb/in
17.591lb/in
4.061lb/in

Polymer Height

Measurements in inches or pound inches.

The "nipples" are the diameter of those the coil springs attach to.

Also, the "polymer height" is the OAL for the NY TRS polymer body. Looks like I'm missing two of those measurements but, the idea in measuring them was for calculating later if there's some appreciable difference in pre-load due to the shape of the polymer body (e.g. NY1 vs. NY2) and whether that contributes to the effective spring rate to any significant degree.

As you can see for the NY1 Black for the gen5, it's only a 4lb/in coil spring, so probably can't modify it for any significant effect, especially considering it's already lighter than the striker spring.

A lot of stuff no one cares about and probably doesn't matter but, hopefully it at least saves someone the hassle of going down the rabbit hole too far with this. ;)

MolonLabe416
12-21-2022, 11:45 AM
SiG P225a1. A tad bigger than the 3913. Both of mine are laser beam accurate. Slim, easy to conceal.

Of course, SiG discontinued them.

HeavyDuty
12-21-2022, 01:56 PM
Since you mentioned NY1, figured I'd mention this. Awhile back I bought all of the Glock NY trigger springs to play around with modifying (NY1, NY2, NY1 black - gen5, NY slim - 42/43/43x/48). The goal was to achieve something somewhat reminiscent of an LEM pull (as much as a striker can be anyways) with a goal weight of 5.0lb on the money. I haven't published the data yet but I found a number of industry sources for coil springs in various weights, similar dimensions, and began experimenting. I will publish the data at some point. Although I've mainly been testing NY1 on gen3's with different rates, so far I've found changing the coil spring rate makes very little difference in overall trigger weight.

For example, the stock NY1 coil spring is roughly a 17.5lb/in rate. I've been using an aftermarket coil spring with a 12.9lb/in rate (-26% reduction) which didn't make any meaningful difference. Also briefly experimented with a 9.15lb/in (-48%) and 7.62lb/in (-56%) spring, and same story. Any of those springs are a small difference from removing the spring entirely (not advised). As per usual with many of the experiments I do, much ado about nothing. ;)

This makes sense because the NY springs change the angle of attack on the trigger bar. A standard coil TRS either pulls (gen3) or pushes (gen5) the trigger bar up and to the rear. They are providing assistance against the striker spring weight, so you don't feel the full weight. The NY springs simply apply pressure straight up, perpendicular to the trigger bar and striker spring travel, so you have no rearward assistance.

Overall I've found the striker spring is the major factor in pull weight with the NY TRS, and we all know it's not a great idea messing with that in a Glock. I have yet to experiment with that but, the plan was to see if even dropping 0.5lb on the striker spring has any appreciable improvement in trigger pull.

For reference, here are the measurements I took for all of the current production NY trigger return springs:

Measurement
NY1
NY2
NY1 Slim
NY1 Black

OD

ID

OAL

Wire Diameter

Total Coils

Active Coils

Pitch

Space Between Coils

Nipples

Rate
17.591lb/in
31.474lb/in
17.591lb/in
4.061lb/in

Polymer Height

Measurements in inches or pound inches.

The "nipples" are the diameter of those the coil springs attach to.

Also, the "polymer height" is the OAL for the NY TRS polymer body. Looks like I'm missing two of those measurements but, the idea in measuring them was for calculating later if there's some appreciable difference in pre-load due to the shape of the polymer body (e.g. NY1 vs. NY2) and whether that contributes to the effective spring rate to any significant degree.

As you can see for the NY1 Black for the gen5, it's only a 4lb/in coil spring, so probably can't modify it for any significant effect, especially considering it's already lighter than the striker spring.

A lot of stuff no one cares about and probably doesn't matter but, hopefully it at least saves someone the hassle of going down the rabbit hole too far with this. ;)

Good info - I’ll keep an eye out for a Glock 39651 NY1 for Gen5 to try.

DanTheWolfman
12-21-2022, 03:18 PM

My vote would be p2000...regular version over SK p2000 or p30sk... p2000 still only 25 ounces yet longer barrel better velocity. Depends on your hands size...and not wanting pinky dangling. P30sk could do if more comfortable.

p99c DA/SA striker is probably more what you are looking for size/wt wise but no hammer for reholster but decock the striker before reholstering on their AS Anti-Stress models. Grips is slick though so may want grip tape.

Is Kahr's DAO striker an option?

Smith 3rd Gen 6906 12+1 an option? Or...a CS9/CS40/CS45 for smaller?

JCN
12-21-2022, 08:16 PM
Good info - I’ll keep an eye out for a Glock 39651 NY1 for Gen5 to try.

https://youtu.be/zIy_mQV6ieg

Caballoflaco
12-21-2022, 08:24 PM
The amount of people in this thread recommending g19 +- sized guns as a replacement for a Glock 26 makes baby Jesus cry. Don’t make baby Jesus cry this close Christmas ya’ll.

GJM
12-21-2022, 08:30 PM
The beauty of the G26 is there is almost no other pistol its size, striker, TDA or LEM, that shoots as well as a G26.

Half Moon
12-21-2022, 08:40 PM

https://youtu.be/zIy_mQV6ieg

What are your thoughts on the Boberg? I know it's not entirely 1:1, but the Bond Bullpup has been on my interested in list for awhile. Not quite high enough to take a flier at the price point but still a maybe.

TheNewbie
12-21-2022, 09:03 PM
My vote would be p2000...regular version over SK p2000 or p30sk... p2000 still only 25 ounces yet longer barrel better velocity. Depends on your hands size...and not wanting pinky dangling. P30sk could do if more comfortable.

p99c DA/SA striker is probably more what you are looking for size/wt wise but no hammer for reholster but decock the striker before reholstering on their AS Anti-Stress models. Grips is slick though so may want grip tape.

Is Kahr's DAO striker an option?

Smith 3rd Gen 6906 12+1 an option? Or...a CS9/CS40/CS45 for smaller?

I watched your video in the CS45 a long time ago. That is one neat looking pistol, especially with a leather holster.

It never dawned on me how size efficient the 6906 is. S&W needs to do a polymer take on it.

DanTheWolfman
12-21-2022, 09:09 PM
What are your thoughts on the Boberg? I know it's not entirely 1:1, but the Bond Bullpup has been on my interested in list for awhile. Not quite high enough to take a flier at the price point but still a maybe.

I don't believe these have been reported to be reliable enough for carry and very ammo specific just from my knowledge on them, now made by the Texas Derringer guys

TicTacticalTimmy
12-21-2022, 09:10 PM

Not JCN, but I owned a Bond Arms Bullpup for a bit, while I went through a phase of experimenting with pretty much every rotating barrel pistol on the market.

When I first got it it had serious QC issues that made it have an extremely hard to rack slide and serious recoil (due to unlocking late), as well as poor reliability. I think it was due to the part the rotating barrel locks into being out of spec. I sent out off to Bond, and about 3 months later, got it back.

After the trip to Bond, the gun was what I hoped it would be. It is a true DAO which I found more shootable than my Kahr P9 or G43, with substantially less recoil than both. It is so short it can be pocket carried in many pockets too big for a G43. However, there were a number of downsides:
-stock wood grips were very thick, as well as poorly fit to the frame, which greatly reduced concealability.
-had a hard time finding a quality holster.
-unnecessarily short. Besides the above-mentioned pocket carry niche (and its a little hefty for pocket carry anyway), there is just no advantage to the barrel being so short. There are disadvantages such as less stability in a holster and needing to really watch your support hand to not get in front of the muzzle. I believe Boberg had a longer barreled version, but Bond still hasn't made one. Would be a sweet AIWB gun with an extended magazine and a 4.25" or so barrel.
-reliability. After getting it back from Bond it was reliable (with the 100 rounds or so I shot it with before selling it), but the thing is you have a possibility of a catastrophic malfunction where the cartridge is dissected by the gun, so the need to KNOW it will be 100% reliable is even greater than it would be for a normal carry pistol.
-no drop safety, and its DAO so the hammer is resting on the firing pin. The hammer is flat and sort of recessed so not likely to go off even if it fell hammer-side down, but I definitely have a strong preference for a drop safety on a carry gun, especially for AIWB which is how I carry 100% of the time now.
-poor aftermarket. Besides the aforementioned holster situation, there were no good options for night sights, no one that did red dot cuts, no extended magazines (I couldn't get a full grip), etc.
-mechanical complexity. Beautiful to behold and fun to play with, but not something I want on a tool I trust my life to, all else being equal.

Ultimately the downsides outweighed the upsides, and I sold it for what I paid for it. If the gun had a longer barrel, better aftermarket, RDS cut, better grips, and they figured out how to put a firing pin safety in there (not easy with how much is going on in the slide), I would consider buying another one. A 4.25" true DAO blaster with low recoil that carries like a 3.5" barreled gun would be something very special.

DanTheWolfman
12-21-2022, 09:12 PM
I watched your video in the CS45 a long time ago. That is one neat looking pistol, especially with a leather holster.

It never dawned on me how size efficient the 6906 is. S&W needs to do a polymer take on it.

Thanks,
Have you seen my vids on the 4513 TSW? I think I like that better to ensure jhp expansion more 3.75" vs 3.25" though both extremely cool. My friend hrfunk has vids on his CS9 and still carries it occasionally.

I resurrected the 3rd Gen Coming back thread...with my thoughts on what S&W could do and on 6906 cs9 etc and how they could make modern and save money using same mags and barrels as others in their lineup... check that thread out as well.

45dotACP
12-21-2022, 09:45 PM
The beauty of the G26 is there is almost no other pistol its size, striker, TDA or LEM, that shoots as well as a G26.Agree one thousand percent

The g19, the G17, the G34, all the other calibers of Glocks have been duplicated in form factor by several companies.

None have even come close to being able to duplicate a G26 in both size and capability.

It is Glock's greatest achievement IMO.

GearFondler
12-21-2022, 10:12 PM
Regarding the Boberg: knowing how grips can get Fubar in a stressful presentation I would never be comfortable carrying that pistol for fear of support hand digit amputation.

Brian T
12-21-2022, 10:30 PM
The 6904/6 is closest

The big gripe is the parts support, but IMO it isnt a huge concern. There is mostly parts commonality with the 3913/4, and the remainder is parts commonality with the 5903/4/6 (among other caliber models). What I'm saying is there are still plenty of parts. Further there are decocker only assemblies out there, and slide mods are inexpensive. 6904/6 mags are out there, but they are slowly creeping upwards. $30-40. Every now and then a bunch get dumped on the market for half that. MecGar is still making 59XX 17rd mags, so they'd make perfect reloads.

Caballoflaco
12-21-2022, 10:39 PM
The 6904/6 is closest

The big gripe is the parts support, but IMO it isnt a huge concern. There is mostly parts commonality with the 3913/4, and the remainder is parts commonality with the 5903/4/6 (among other caliber models). What I'm saying is there are still plenty of parts. Further there are decocker only assemblies out there, and slide mods are inexpensive. 6904/6 mags are out there, but they are slowly creeping upwards. $30-40. Every now and then a bunch get dumped on the market for half that. MecGar is still making 59XX 17rd mags, so they'd make perfect reloads.

Still glock 19 sized. Stolen from a YouTube video.

Brian T
12-21-2022, 11:06 PM
Caballoflaco

I guess it depends on where you start measuring! :D

Just sayin'

BillSWPA
12-21-2022, 11:33 PM
When I first purchased the G26, I was transitioning from a DA revolver, and was concerned about the light trigger. I installed a NY1 trigger spring which provided a 9 lb. pull. I left it that way for a couple of years until 1) having to borrow a G26 from a range while shooting an IDPA classifier when the slide lock spring on my gun broke, and seeing my performance with the stock trigger, and 2) watching a new female shooter struggle with the 9 lb. trigger. I left in the NY1 spring and installed a 3.5 lb. connector, resulting in a nice, consistent 7 lb. pull.

Based on this experience, if a DA alternative to a G26 is desired, I would encourage trying a G26 with the standard connector and NY1 trigger spring. This combination is quite useful even if no longer my first choice.

CSW
12-22-2022, 06:38 AM
So I’ll make a little qualification to that…

I’m a short guy and slide length poking me in the groin when sitting, etc is probably my main dimension that matters.

Grip length I can work around with claws and wedges.

Slide length I could with higher riding holsters but for printing reasons, I like to hide the gun behind the belt line.

So a short P365 slide is wonderful to carry and anything longer I am a little more limited.

These next two are JCN bizarro suggestions, but barring a capacity concern…

My TDA replacements for a G26 would be:

Kahr PM9
Boberg XR9S / Bond Bullpup.

The Boberg is a hammer fired double action only short 9mm with rotating barrel.

https://youtu.be/E6aoJFKRX6A

I own both but haven’t shot either for a while. Happy to dig them out and make a video or compare them back to back with a G26 if any questions.

Just going on size, and trigger type, the Kahr PM9 Covert. DOA trigger.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/glock-g26-vs-kahr-pm9-covert

I've never handled a Kahr, nor shot one, ever.

I feel your lament HD, the G26 does so many things well, for such a compact gun. Out of all the Glocks I used to own, the 26 was best for me. Could not shoot a 19 worth a hoot.

But, sticking with the TDA/Beretta direction you're going, That PX pistol may be the answer.
What of the XD-e, that LTT used to tweek with his magic?

HeavyDuty
12-22-2022, 07:55 AM
When I first purchased the G26, I was transitioning from a DA revolver, and was concerned about the light trigger. I installed a NY1 trigger spring which provided a 9 lb. pull. I left it that way for a couple of years until 1) having to borrow a G26 from a range while shooting an IDPA classifier when the slide lock spring on my gun broke, and seeing my performance with the stock trigger, and 2) watching a new female shooter struggle with the 9 lb. trigger. I left in the NY1 spring and installed a 3.5 lb. connector, resulting in a nice, consistent 7 lb. pull.

Based on this experience, if a DA alternative to a G26 is desired, I would encourage trying a G26 with the standard connector and NY1 trigger spring. This combination is quite useful even if no longer my first choice.

I decided I need to try a NY trigger again, one is on order. I need to see what has changed with Gen5, it’s a different part so I wonder if the connector recommendations have changed. I’ll probably do this in my spare 26.5 (the one with iron sights.)

Just going on size, and trigger type, the Kahr PM9 Covert. DOA trigger.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/glock-g26-vs-kahr-pm9-covert

I've never handled a Kahr, nor shot one, ever.

I feel your lament HD, the G26 does so many things well, for such a compact gun. Out of all the Glocks I used to own, the 26 was best for me. Could not shoot a 19 worth a hoot.

But, sticking with the TDA/Beretta direction you're going, That PX pistol may be the answer.
What of the XD-e, that LTT used to tweek with his magic?

I just can’t do a Kahr. My stepdad had one for an off duty piece, and I really didn’t like it.

I would like to find a PX4SC to try, but I’m not sure if LTT can do their RDO magic to it and I’ve decided being able to be dotted is mandatory. XD-e seems to be a dead end parts wise, and I’ve seen quite a few comments that it’s not as small as it looks.

HeavyDuty
12-22-2022, 08:57 AM
This is interesting (to me, anyways) - the P30sk is definitely in G26 size range. The PX4CC is larger, but many people talk about how it carries small. I have a JMCK IWB3 on the way for the Storm, let’s see how that works before I go too crazy. I generally like the P30L I recently picked up, but there are things about it I dislike - especially that glove groove in the trigger guard - and I’m sure a P30sk would have the same.

HeavyDuty
12-22-2022, 02:49 PM
My impulse control sucks. I almost ordered a P30sk today. Stopped myself in time.

JonInWA
12-22-2022, 03:33 PM
Now you need to order one as a deliberate, logical choice....

Best, Jon

HeavyDuty
12-22-2022, 04:07 PM
Now you need to order one as a deliberate, logical choice....

Best, Jon

What stopped me is the somewhat unexciting trigger in the V3, I have a P30L with trigger goodies and it’s acceptable but is no 92 or PX4. I’d be tempted to go LEM, but what am I really gaining over a G26 at that point other than a heavier trigger?

OfficeCat
12-22-2022, 04:14 PM
What stopped me is the somewhat unexciting trigger in the V3, I have a P30L with trigger goodies and it’s acceptable but is no 92 or PX4. I’d be tempted to go LEM, but what am I really gaining over a G26 at that point other than a heavier trigger?

Not really a heavier trigger, but longer. And you get a hammer to thumb when holstering.

HeavyDuty
12-22-2022, 04:27 PM
Not really a heavier trigger, but longer. And you get a hammer to thumb when holstering.

I have SCDs on all of my Glocks, so the thumb thing isn’t a big issue.

OfficeCat
12-22-2022, 04:43 PM
I have SCDs on all of my Glocks, so the thumb thing isn’t a big issue.

Well you do also get those cool German proof marks.

TheNewbie
12-22-2022, 04:46 PM
I use an NY1 trigger in my Gen 5 17. It’s certainly a different feel than the stock trigger, and it’s less fun to shoot. I’m not sure how much it would impact practical accuracy or speed with a little practice, but I do ok with it. Plus it pairs well with my LCRx.

The NY1 has two purposes. A heavier trigger, and it makes the SCD more positive. Still, I would prefer someone like LTT to develop a well made manual safety for Gen 5 Glocks.

My understanding is that an NY1 "-" combo will not be the same in Gen 4/5 Glocks vs Gen 3 Glocks. If you have a Gen 3 Glock or can find one it might be worth trying, but I have no direct experience with NY1s in Gen 3s.

I might have missed it, but what will be your primary TDA gun?

psalms144.1
12-22-2022, 04:46 PM
Back around the time of the Gen4 roll out fiasco, I rage quit Glock for about 2 years. My first stop was the P30 LEM, followed by the P2000 LEM (and the HK45CT - issued). Never warmed to any of those platforms - regardless of trading trigger components out to the "bestest" available. The P30 grip was the best feeling grip on any pistol I'd owned at that point, but performance on the range suffered, despite "lego-ing" the grip panels and back straps through every conceivable combination. The P2000 felt like a brick, but locked into my hand extremely well, allowing me to run it at measurably better speed without losing any accuracy. The HK45CT trigger was atrocious, horrible, and bad, a complete and utter suck fest. I took it to a Gray Guns trigger control weekend, and was MISERABLE by about halfway through the first day trying to work that heavy, gritty, hitchy DA trigger. A subsequent personally owned HK45C with TDA trigger was SLIGHTLY better, but still not worth the squeeze. A P2000 TDA was much better than either, but still nothing to write home about.

Jumped on the PX4CC wagon soon after it became the new hotness, trigger was WAY better than any HK TDA, but I found the pistol felt very chunky IWB, compared to a G19/G26.

I agree that there's nothing on the market quite like the G26, if you want a "compacter" G19. For my money, the P365XL is every bit as shootable for a real concealed carry pistol, and the manual safety is a nice plus.

Sorry none of this gets you closer to what you're looking for, but I don't know that the unicorn you want really exists.

revchuck38
12-22-2022, 04:47 PM
Well you do also get those cool German proof marks.

I've got them on my P99Cs, plus a better trigger. :)

Super77
12-22-2022, 05:02 PM
Personally, one of my favorites is the P2000.

I’ve had my eye out for a compact LEM P2000 for years and haven’t come across one locally. I think you all have renewed my interest enough to resort to gunbroker.

BillSWPA
12-22-2022, 05:09 PM
I use an NY1 trigger in my Gen 5 17. It’s certainly a different feel than the stock trigger, and it’s less fun to shoot. I’m not sure how much it would impact practical accuracy or speed with a little practice, but I do ok with it. Plus it pairs well with my LCRx.

The NY1 has two purposes. A heavier trigger, and it makes the SCD more positive. Still, I would prefer someone like LTT to develop a well made manual safety for Gen 5 Glocks.

My understanding is that an NY1 "-" combo will not be the same in Gen 4/5 Glocks vs Gen 3 Glocks. If you have a Gen 3 Glock or can find one it might be worth trying, but I have no direct experience with NY1s in Gen 3s.

The NY1 trigger spring and 3.5 lb. connector is my favorite combination for gen. 2.5 or gen. 3 Glocks. However, after trying a friend’s gen 4 G26 trigger, I agreed with him that there was no reason for him to switch from the standard trigger in that gun. Also, as I address the finer points of my own trigger squeeze, I find the advantage over the standard trigger to be significantly less noticeable.

CSW
12-22-2022, 06:03 PM

I ran a NY 1 in my gen 3 26 for years.
While it was a heavier trigger, it was by no means a 'bad trigger'.

This was all before gadgets.
I've said before, the G26-3 was the best glock I owned.

While I no longer own anything that small, I've had the XDs45, Walther P99c, Sig 938, and a Walther PPS m1, which were pretty small.

Think that I'd like to try an XD-E 9, to see what it's like.

HeavyDuty
12-22-2022, 06:26 PM

I tried one of the NY triggers in my 23.2 a gazillion years ago, but it didn’t last long. I’d like to try a current one to see if I get on with it any better now that I’m slightly less dumb.

I’m “interviewing” the 92, 92 Compact and PX4CC as G19 and G45 replacements. Too soon to tell if I’ll actually make the move, I have a lot of years in with Glock as my primaries.

HeavyDuty
12-22-2022, 06:27 PM
Finding quality TDA alternatives to full size Glocks is easy, it’s the 26 that is a bitch. It really is best in class.

TheNewbie
12-22-2022, 07:32 PM
I tried one of the NY triggers in my 23.2 a gazillion years ago, but it didn’t last long. I’d like to try a current one to see if I get on with it any better now that I’m slightly less dumb.

I’m “interviewing” the 92, 92 Compact and PX4CC as G19 and G45 replacements. Too soon to tell if I’ll actually make the move, I have a lot of years in with Glock as my primaries.

How do you find the 92 compact carries? It’s seems like a “big small gun”.

I’ve thought about one for AIWB. Glocks are great, but I much prefer a safety or TDA/DAO trigger. The SCD/NY1 is close but I would like a little more.

CSW
12-22-2022, 07:57 PM

I’ve thought about one for AIWB. Glocks are great, but I much prefer a safety or TDA/DAO trigger. The SCD/NY1 is close but I would like a little more.

I've been carrying the 92fs compact I purchased from a fellow forum member all last week, in a JM Custom aiwb 2.0
Honestly, in that holster, it disappears, and doesn't have the bulk you would think it would.
Actually comfortable, this coming from the 1911 commander.

JonInWA
12-22-2022, 08:10 PM
The advantage of LEM vs SCD is this: The SCD provides a manual safety to a Glock, which is nice particularly on a SFA gun carried in an appendix holster. LEM provides a longer triggerpull travel, giving you more time to get off the trigger if you don't want to make the shot.

While there are HK LEM variants that also add a manual safety lever, the P30SK isn't one of them, at least as on orderable SKU. I don't know if HK can add one to a P30SK LEM, but frankly I think you'd likely more from switching the light trigger rebound spring to at least the medium-weight one.

LEM is aimed primarily for LEOs involved in threat management with a drawn weapon, it's my impression that the SCD is aimed more for the personal safety of the user, particularly when re-holstering.

If you peruse several of the LEM threads on p-f, most will establish that there's a bit of a learning curve to LEM. Organizationally and individually, I think there's a huge benefit to it, especially when compared to a short trigger travel, relatively light/soft breaking SFA, particularly like the SIG-Sauer P320/P365. A Glock has a harder wall at the trigger break point.

I'll recommend Darryl Boelke/Dagga Boy's superb discussion of LEM and comparing it to other actions.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?9457-Why-I-like-the-LEM-as-a-quot-street-trigger-quot

Best, Jon

HeavyDuty
12-22-2022, 08:16 PM

I haven’t carried it much yet, mainly because I haven’t had enough extra carry HPs on hand to vet it and I won’t carry it with RN. I just took delivery of a quantity of HST, so I will be able to shoot it in and consider it for carry. I also have a JMCK IWB3 on order so I can try getting back to IWB, I do have a OWB2 for it right now.

HeavyDuty
12-22-2022, 08:21 PM
The advantage of LEM vs SCD is this: The SCD provides a manual safety to a Glock, which is nice particularly on a SFA gun carried in an appendix holster. LEM provides a longer triggerpull travel, giving you more time to get off the trigger if you don't want to make the shot.

While there are HK LEM variants that also add a manual safety lever, the P30SK isn't one of them, at least as on orderable SKU. I don't know if HK can add one to a P30SK LEM, but frankly I think you'd likely more from switching the light trigger rebound spring to at least the medium-weight one.

LEM is aimed primarily for LEOs involved in threat management with a drawn weapon, it's my impression that the SCD is aimed more for the personal safety of the user, particularly when re-holstering.

If you peruse several of the LEM threads on p-f, most will establish that there's a bit of a learning curve to LEM. Organizationally and individually, I think there's a huge benefit to it, especially when compared to a short trigger travel, relatively light/soft breaking SFA, particularly like the SIG-Sauer P320/P365. A Glock has a harder wall at the trigger break point.

I'll recommend Darryl Boelke/Dagga Boy's superb discussion of LEM and comparing it to other actions.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?9457-Why-I-like-the-LEM-as-a-quot-street-trigger-quot

Best, Jon

I do have a LEM P2000sk, but haven’t really worked much with it. I hadn’t considered it for this because it’s not easily set up for RDS. I would like to try a P30sk LEM to see how I get on with it compared to a G26.

I tend to accumulate pistols, but my carry guns really don’t change much over time. G19, G45, G26, G27, G43 and the odd duck P365 do the heavy lifting. That I’m considering a shift to TDA for carry is a major thing for me.

Biggy
12-23-2022, 12:18 AM
LTT used to offer their customized version of the Springfield Armory XD-E sub-compact 9mm pistol. Springfield Armory has discontinued them, but some retailers, distributors and gunshops still have some new ones for sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFnPegKTCkQ

JPedersen
12-23-2022, 12:53 AM
Just as a point of reference to the aforementioned Beretta PX4 SC - there is one for sale right now at our local Cabela’s (Greenville, SC) if anyone is hunting one. Price was $449. Just thought I would mention it given the topic at hand and some people having said it was somewhat difficult to track down. (This one is not listed on the Gun Library webpage as of tonight)

I have had the p30sk in LEM and I miss that gun. It was very accurate for me and the trigger setup felt safe in an AIWB application. It was slower - not by much - but still slower than the G19 and G26 at the end of the day.

I have had 3 different 3rd Gen S&W ( 910s, 3913, 3953) and I would not consider any of them a true G26 corollary. But - they are great carry guns as well.

My primary carry remains my PX4CC.

My 92fs compact and 92d centurion are capable … but I don’t train with them often or carry them. They are big and don’t. offer me any advantage over the PX4

In the end, my G26 got horse-traded to a friend for a p365x with a safety and a Holosun 407k on it … not TDA as the OP mentioned … but the added layer of safety with the MS is intriguing to me … and for reference all of my Glocks have SCD’s on them.

As so many have mentioned … the G26 is a Goldilocks gun … but I would replace the p30sk before picking up another G26 … but that is just me.

Noah
12-23-2022, 06:55 AM
In the end, my G26 got horse-traded to a friend for a p365x with a safety and a Holosun 407k on it … not TDA as the OP mentioned … but the added layer of safety with the MS is intriguing to me … and for reference all of my Glocks have SCD’s on them.

Had a conversation with some friends about this yesterday. I want *a* form of reserve parachute on reholstering, because there are so many options that offer that, why not take it. Not to avoid the need for safe holstering, but to stack the deck in your favor against your own humanity whether that's TDA, SCD, or manual safety. Even the grip safety on the EZ and Equalizer interests me for this role. I have trash mobility in my right thumb so it's TDA for me.

JPedersen
12-23-2022, 09:09 AM
Had a conversation with some friends about this yesterday. I want *a* form of reserve parachute on reholstering, because there are so many options that offer that, why not take it. Not to avoid the need for safe holstering, but to stack the deck in your favor against your own humanity whether that's TDA, SCD, or manual safety. Even the grip safety on the EZ and Equalizer interests me for this role. I have trash mobility in my right thumb so it's TDA for me.

I agree! I wonder who will come out with a TDA in that Glock 26 size? It is so helpful to have the community to hash out options… man I appreciate all of the PF crew.

CSW
12-23-2022, 09:30 AM

Best, Jon

Years ago, I owned a USPc, 40, with the LEM. From what I remember, it wasn't half bad. I wish I would have given it more of a try, but at the 40 was falling out of grace with the shooting world...
Now, if I could find an inexpensive 40, that was non Glock, I'd probably buy it as a woods gun between 9mm and 45colt.

Danjojo
12-23-2022, 09:46 AM
Non-blowback, slightly wider, alloy-framed 9mm Walther PPK with new gen skinny 10rd & 12rd mags would be slick.

Surprised they haven't done that or a PPS m3/PDP micro yet.

DanTheWolfman
12-23-2022, 11:03 AM
Re mentions of p2000's LEM...
I scoured GB as I would like to try one in .40, as 9mm hks with plus p plus handle recoil like other pistols w plus P IMO. So even p2000 being rather small goldilocks size and weight for a Hammer Carry...I bet they handle 40 well and was CBP/DHS major purchase back in the day.

But P2000 and uspc's etc their LEM's were HEAVY LEM which I don't think I would like at all. I do like Light LEM. apparently you can easily change 2 of the 3 required springs...but I personally don't do that stuff and would have to pay to take it to a guy.

Just a mention, that I think any p2000 LEM's...are going to be the Heavy OG LEM.

Not sure what the original intent is other than a channge to TDA-DA/SA it seemed like (is this for a particular reason? I'm a DA/SA and light LEM fan). It's an interesting read though.

Not a glock or pinky dangler fan...so am wondering if people running 26s were with a plus 2 base added or using a 19 mag in them to get full grip or what?

BillSWPA
12-23-2022, 11:22 AM
Re mentions of p2000's LEM...
I scoured GB as I would like to try one in .40, as 9mm hks with plus p plus handle recoil like other pistols w plus P IMO. So even p2000 being rather small goldilocks size and weight for a Hammer Carry...I bet they handle 40 well and was CBP/DHS major purchase back in the day.

But P2000 and uspc's etc their LEM's were HEAVY LEM which I don't think I would like at all. I do like Light LEM. apparently you can easily change 2 of the 3 required springs...but I personally don't do that stuff and would have to pay to take it to a guy.

Just a mention, that I think any p2000 LEM's...are going to be the Heavy OG LEM.

Not sure what the original intent is other than a channge to TDA-DA/SA it seemed like (is this for a particular reason? I'm a DA/SA and light LEM fan). It's an interesting read though.

Not a glock or pinky dangler fan...so am wondering if people running 26s were with a plus 2 base added or using a 19 mag in them to get full grip or what?

To me, adding size to a G26 defeats the purpose of a G26 - having 10+1 9mm +P in a small, easily concealed package. Mine has been carried IWB, OWB, in a shoulder holster, in a pocket holster, in an ankle holster, in a belly hand, and a fanny pack as I figured out what works best for me. Until I got my P365, my G26 was frequently pocket carried in sumner business casual attire.

I have a G19 that I carry when my mode of dress that day will accommodate something with a 3 finger grip. It will, however, put holes in some shirts while an identically set up G26 will not do so.

The 2 finger grip requires practice. I find that conscious pressure on the backstrap really mitigates the shooting disadvantage. The extra big hump that Glock puts on the mini Glock back straps seems to serve a purpose in this regard. While finger grooves can be hit or miss, those on a gen. 2.5 G26 fit my fingers perfectly, helping secure the grip.

DanTheWolfman
12-23-2022, 11:30 AM
To me, adding size to a G26 defeats the purpose of a G26 - having 10+1 9mm +P in a small, easily concealed package. Mine has been carried IWB, OWB, in a shoulder holster, in a pocket holster, in an ankle holster, in a belly hand, and a fanny pack as I figured out what works best for me. Until I got my P365, my G26 was frequently pocket carried in sumner business casual attire.

I have a G19 that I carry when my mode of dress that day will accommodate something with a 3 finger grip. It will, however, put holes in some shirts while an identically set up G26 will not do so.

The 2 finger grip requires practice. I find that conscious pressure on the backstrap really mitigates the shooting disadvantage. The extra big hump that Glock puts on the mini Glock back straps seems to serve a purpose in this regard. While finger grooves can be hit or miss, those on a gen. 2.5 G26 fit my fingers perfectly, helping secure the grip.

Just curious, thanks. For LE using Glocks it makes sense...

But I can get full grips on 12+1 and 13+1 Micros thinner lighter easier to pocket carry etc. One is my BUG all the time on me righ now at work as armed guard, out and about as my backup in jeans, or at home in sweats. The other was becoming my easy carry lazy primary all the time because shoots so well...but I decided to get back into .40 found the perfect size weight w/ surprisingly easy recoil control (shorter barrel easier than the longer version....less slide mass slamming back down?)..and carrying for now at least for winter carry.

HeavyDuty
12-23-2022, 11:36 AM
I think I want to read up more on P30sk LEM variants and how they are best set up - I’m sure we have a megathread here. (Scurries off to look.)

I pulled the P2000sk out of the safe, and I could very easily live with this trigger. I bought it used, and the seller mentioned it had the TLG spring setup. I need to define what that is as respects a P30sk. The P30 series has the big advantage (for me) over P2K of LTT RDO support.

DanTheWolfman
12-23-2022, 11:59 AM
I think I want to read up more on P30sk LEM variants and how they are best set up - I’m sure we have a megathread here. (Scurries off to look.)

I pulled the P2000sk out of the safe, and I could very easily live with this trigger. I bought it used, and the seller mentioned it had the TLG spring setup. I need to define what that is as respects a P30sk. The P30 series has the big advantage (for me) over P2K of LTT RDO support.

I thought he was offering p2000 for Cali residents? maybe just trigger job but NO RDO? Not sure if there is a slide difference for RDO...might be work contacting LTT/Langdon directly to find out...not sure if your p2000sk is TDA or LEM heavy?

Sounds like p30sk from ltt is your way to go. Other than having to go get milled and what not...like on a P01...which would be 2.5 oz heavier (than p2000 so more than SKs I would assume).....It seems like you found your best answer.

jh9
12-23-2022, 05:41 PM
I pulled the P2000sk out of the safe, and I could very easily live with this trigger. I bought it used, and the seller mentioned it had the TLG spring setup.

Is there a "blue"/12lb hammer spring for the subcompacts?

I really like my 2 P2000s with modified FPB springs but putting in the 'blue' (12lb) hammer spring last made enough different to get it across the line from "okay" to "yeah, I can probably do this long term". The only reason I've passed on the last couple batches of SKs was because I couldn't find an equivalent hammer spring.

HeavyDuty
12-23-2022, 05:56 PM
Is there a "blue"/12lb hammer spring for the subcompacts?

I really like my 2 P2000s with modified FPB springs but putting in the 'blue' (12lb) hammer spring last made enough different to get it across the line from "okay" to "yeah, I can probably do this long term". The only reason I've passed on the last couple batches of SKs was because I couldn't find an equivalent hammer spring.

I don’t think so - I asked HKParts about it, and they said some people cut down full size springs for the subcompacts.

boing
12-23-2022, 07:06 PM
If you haven’t seen it, there’s a reference chart for spring swaps here:

https://www.hkpro.com/threads/spring-reference-chart-for-different-lem-variants.168700/

TGS refers to the “Todd Green Special” combinations.

HeavyDuty
12-30-2022, 11:35 AM
I set up a GB search a few weeks ago for PX4 Subcompacts and forgot to cancel it. There aren’t many out there, and the prices are nuts! There’s a nice condition used ones from one of my favorite NH stores, and it’s sitting at $635 with 41 bids.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/963197601

HeavyDuty
01-08-2023, 11:43 AM
An update if anyone cares - I’m finding that switching back and forth between my Glocks and other pistols (Beretta 92s, PX4, P30) is both aggravating my wrist pain and causing porpoising in the Glocks until I reacclimate each time. I have a P30SK LEM on the way to try out, and am considering dehumping my main G26 to see if that improves things. The Glock grip angle didn’t bother me until I started shooting more “normal” grip angle pistols again and also had an increase in wrist pain.

Does anyone have recommendations for a dehumping service I can check out? I want to say one of our P-F members did it as a business, but I don’t remember who it was.

Kanye Wyoming
01-08-2023, 11:49 AM
An update if anyone cares - I’m finding that switching back and forth between my Glocks and other pistols (Beretta 92s, PX4, P30) is both aggravating my wrist pain and causing porpoising in the Glocks until I reacclimate each time. I have a P30SK LEM on the way to try out, and am considering dehumping my main G26 to see if that improves things. The Glock grip angle didn’t bother me until I started shooting more “normal” grip angle pistols again and also had an increase in wrist pain.

Does anyone have recommendations for a dehumping service I can check out? I want to say one of our P-F members did it as a business, but I don’t remember who it was.
Texaspoff? (Cold Bore Solutions)

HeavyDuty
01-08-2023, 02:30 PM
Texaspoff? (Cold Bore Solutions)

That’s it - thanks!

HeavyDuty
01-12-2023, 05:54 PM
I picked up the P30SK v1 today, and I’m impressed. Very, very impressed. It’s functionally the same size as a G26 but has a much more deliberate trigger stroke, especially after I swapped out the light TRS for heavy and heavy FPBS for light.

Hopefully I can get some range time in the next few days, but I’m thinking it won’t be until next week. Maybe Monday on the holiday.

HeavyDuty
01-14-2023, 08:56 AM
One thing I’m trying is a NY-1 in the 26.5. I need to get it to the range, but it may be a solution to keeping my carry Glocks around.

APS-PF
01-14-2023, 10:54 AM
One thing I’m trying is a NY-1 in the 26.5. I need to get it to the range, but it may be a solution to keeping my carry Glocks around.

How do you like it in dry fire and are you using the stock connector? I couldn't get comfortable carrying the PX4CC due to the extra 1/4 lb pushing on an old injury and have gone back to my gen 5 19/26 and 42 all with SCDs. When I carried Gen3s many years ago I did like the NY-1 + 3lb connector setup.

HeavyDuty
01-14-2023, 11:01 AM
How do you like it in dry fire and are you using the stock connector? I couldn't get comfortable carrying the PX4CC due to the extra 1/4 lb pushing on an old injury and have gone back to my gen 5 19/26 and 42 all with SCDs. When I carried Gen3s many years ago I did like the NY-1 + 3lb connector setup.

I like it a lot in dry fire so far. The connector is whatever came stock - a dot?

HeavyDuty
01-19-2023, 09:22 AM
This has certainly ended up in a different place. I have two options I’m trialing - a NY-1 in my existing G26, and a P30SK LEM.

Both have strong appeal:

Both have the ability to thumb retain the hammer/SCD when reholstering. (Old PPC habits die hard.)
Both have an acceptable street trigger.
The HK has a slight edge for capacity, but the grip is slightly longer.
The HK is more configurable for hand size.
The HK is more natural pointing for me with no porpoising.
The Glock is slightly easier to direct mill for a RDS, and is cheaper to mill (already done on mine.)
With HK, there’s the warm feeling of knowing I suck and they hate me. (Will they ever live that down?)

HeavyDuty
01-28-2023, 05:39 PM
Today I shot the new P30SK TLG LEM alongside my G26.5 with NY-1. Damn, this is tough - but the HK was definitely less pain inducing. (I have a wrist pain thread going.) If I can figure out the RDS situation, I think the HK may be the winner for me.

boing
01-28-2023, 06:20 PM
If I can figure out the RDS situation, I think the HK may be the winner for me.

What are your considerations for the RDS?

HeavyDuty
01-28-2023, 09:46 PM
What are your considerations for the RDS?

I really prefer enclosed emitter, ACRO is a bit big for a P30SK, and my early experience with EPS is good. A LTT RDO cut is most likely with an EPS plate.

CSW
01-29-2023, 07:36 AM
I've had stellar results and accuracy with my RMRcc, if you are looking for a smaller platform.

Went with the 6.5 dot, which is way easier for me to see and use on a pistol. The window is obviously smaller than an RMR, but still very easy to use.
But alas, it is not closed like you require.

Navin Johnson
01-29-2023, 09:30 AM
Today I shot the new P30SK TLG LEM alongside my G26.5 with NY-1. Damn, this is tough - but the HK was definitely less pain inducing. (I have a wrist pain thread going.) If I can figure out the RDS situation, I think the HK may be the winner for me.

Unless I missed it why not a P07?

With any mag extension the SK is as tall as the CZ

HeavyDuty
01-29-2023, 11:14 AM
I've had stellar results and accuracy with my RMRcc, if you are looking for a smaller platform.

Went with the 6.5 dot, which is way easier for me to see and use on a pistol. The window is obviously smaller than an RMR, but still very easy to use.
But alas, it is not closed like you require.

I’m a big fan of the RMRcc, I have them direct milled on my G26 and G43. (My G27.5 has a RMR the same.) I tried going with no BUIS at all but ended up with a front post and a PMM IRDS rear. I have to clean the schmutz off the lenses every week or so, but it’s not a horrible task.

At this point a closed emitter is a strong preference, but not an absolute requirement.

HeavyDuty
01-29-2023, 11:16 AM
Unless I missed it why not a P07?

With any mag extension the SK is as tall as the CZ

I don’t use mag extensions in the primary magazine. And this is why:

Nice guns, but bigger than I’m looking.

ccmdfd
01-29-2023, 11:18 AM
I really prefer enclosed emitter, ACRO is a bit big for a P30SK, and my early experience with EPS is good. A LTT RDO cut is most likely with an EPS plate.

Can they do a cut on the SK P30?

HeavyDuty
01-29-2023, 11:23 AM
Can they do a cut on the SK P30?

LTT does it - in fact they’ve been listing RDO cut SKs on Gun Broker. Their EPS plate and irons is low like their 92 EPS plate.