PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Systems and ALS holsters

jlw
12-19-2022, 09:38 PM
I have two different ALS duty rigs for Glock 19s with optics. One is a 6354. The other is the 7TS with an X300. In the past week, I have tried my MR920 in each of them, and the pistol will not lock into either of them.

Any of y'all have similar results?

taadski
12-20-2022, 10:43 PM
No experience with those pistols in particular, but I have some with both mentioned holsters. Possible it's optic related? I've had some issues with a couple Holosuns and the SROs not allowing the pistol to lock in place, while an RMR and a Romeo I own both fit fine and activate the ALS.

Just spitballing.

T

jlw
12-20-2022, 10:55 PM
No experience with those pistols in particular, but I have some with both mentioned holsters. Possible it's optic related? I've had some issues with a couple Holosuns and the SROs not allowing the pistol to lock in place, while an RMR and a Romeo I own both fit fine and activate the ALS.

Just spitballing.

T

I thought it was the optic, but the optic does not appear to be interfering.

taadski
12-21-2022, 01:02 AM
Copy. Fwiw, mine didn’t initially appear to be either. But was, just slightly, on the two little raised protuberances on either side of the sight channel.

Anyway, good luck sussing it out.

T

jlw
12-21-2022, 08:14 AM
Copy. Fwiw, mine didn’t initially appear to be either. But was, just slightly, on the two little raised protuberances on either side of the sight channel.

Anyway, good luck sussing it out.

T

I'll look at it again. Our in-house "holster guy" didn't think it was the optic. I don't recall trying it in either holster when I briefly had it topped with an RMR.

Texaspoff
12-22-2022, 08:06 AM
Can't speak to Safariland optic holsters, but I have had zero fitment issues with my MR's and Safariland ALS holster, both duty and off duty carry. They lock in securely just like my Glocks.

TXPO

jlw
01-07-2023, 07:25 PM
Update:

The optic (507C) was preventing the pistol from locking into the holster. The front of the housing was causing it. With an EPS, the pistol will lock into the 6354. I have not tried it in the 7Ts.

Lon
01-07-2023, 08:14 PM
Update:

The optic (507C) was preventing the pistol from locking into the holster. The front of the housing was causing it. With an EPS, the pistol will lock into the 6354. I have not tried it in the 7Ts.

I had a similar issue with my 6354DO and one of my optics (can’t remember which). Judicious application of a Dremel on the offending portion of the holster resolved the issue.

jlw
01-07-2023, 10:49 PM
I had a similar issue with my 6354DO and one of my optics (can’t remember which). Judicious application of a Dremel on the offending portion of the holster resolved the issue.

I probably would have gone that route with a file if the same issue was there with the EPS.