PDA

View Full Version : P365 Platform Pistol Weight Estimator Tool (online)

RJ
12-11-2022, 08:36 AM
Following on to a conversation with a member on another forum to help him estimate the weight of a P365 ankle carry, I had knocked together a simple spreadsheet to assist him in doing that. I felt that since there are so many different variations of P365 Platform combinations that you can come up with as a builder, it might be useful to have the tool available as a resource in its own thread.

I've been weighing various carry guns the last few years, as I've found that weight is an extremely important discriminator for me in evaluating options. I've built up a number of measurements but have not ever taken the time to weigh out different components. It struck me as useful, especially for the P365 series, since you can combine the same FCU with components to assemble a gun ranging from a micro-compact 10 round pocket rocket to a 17 round 3.7" barrel pistol suitable for every day belt carry, with many variations in between.

tl;dr: Rich is overthinking things again; but go ahead and scroll to the bottom and open the tool if you want to play around with it. So easy a Caveman could do it.

To that end, I've tweaked the original spreadsheet slightly and placed it online as a Google Sheet. Anyone with the link should be able access it. The intent is you can use it to quickly come with a weight estimate for any number of different P365 combinations. When you click the link, you should see a spreadsheet that looks like this (you may have to have a Google Account in order to "see" the spreadsheet - I am not 100% sure on this.)

As an example, I've left the sample screen shot below for a P365. The spreadsheet has a "1" for the FCU, grip module, P365 slide assy (including barrel and RSA), 1 10 round magazine, and 11 rounds of carry ammo. It predicts a loaded weight of 23.0 ounces. I believe the weights are correct; I weighed components I own using my commercial Taylor home digital scale. Also, if anyone knows the weight of a P365 Macro slide assy, with barrel and RSA, or the other TBDs, please let me know and I will add the number, replacing the TBD)

Follow the instructions to estimate the weight of your particular configuration by entering a "1" for the components selected. The tool will add up the weights in real time.

Lastly, I included a "weight efficiency" computation, that computes the "ounce per round" metric for the configuration set up. I've found it interesting to compare this number, which shows how much weight you have to lug around, for each round of carry ammo you have in the gun. Also, I added a way to optionally include your specific holster weight, so you can use the tool to predict how much your "total" rig weighs in your particular circumstance. This number is entered at "0" so has no effect, unless you enter something there.

Still looking for the following data points:

Weight of a P365 Macro slide, Barrel, and Recoil Spring Assembly, no optic
Weight of a P365XL 12 round magazine with a space base pad, i.e. for the P365 grip
Weight of a P365-380 12 round magazine

Please note: I've attempted to keep this manageable for users by restricting edit access to only column A, specifically cells A4:A29. If you use the tool, and someone has changed the "1" s to "0"'s, simply change the numbers for your configuration and read out the total. There are a couple TBC (to be confirmed) and TBD (To be Determined). If you can comment to this thread with those weights, I will add it in the original. Any updates to the sheet will be reflected in real time.

Feel free to let me know if you see issues with the tool. I hope it's useful.

Rich

Link to Google Spreadsheet "2023 P365 Weight Calculator"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18VA4W5dzV0bh6viN_XnTMdMuMVPibmklujI-3r-SK-o/edit?usp=sharing

HeavyDuty
12-11-2022, 09:24 AM
Very nice! A useful tool, I think sometimes people don’t realize how light the P365 guns really are.

And you need this: